The Anti-Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

The Anti-Welker

I am always amazed by Wes Welker.  Wes had to fight for everything to get in the NFL and is now redefining the position.  Which player in the NFL is the so called "Anti-Welker".  Wes is a great teamate, has great hands, runs precise routes, runs precise routes, is tough as nails over the middle and is small and lacks front line speed, and finally productive (also he was undrafted).  What WR is the most opposite of these traits mentioned?  A few guys that I would not want to have are Roy Williams (someone in the Dallas media said they would trade him for a quarter pounder and cheese), and Braylon Edwards (has anyone ever had worse hands?).  Am I missing anyone? 

AK   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Re: The Anti-Welker

In Response to The Anti-Welker:
    I am always amazed by Wes Welker.  Wes had to fight for everything to get in the NFL and is now redefining the position.  Which player in the NFL is the so called "Anti-Welker".  Wes is a great teamate, has great hands, runs precise routes, runs precise routes, is tough as nails over the middle and is small and lacks front line speed, and finally productive (also he was undrafted).  What WR is the most opposite of these traits mentioned?  A few guys that I would not want to have are Roy Williams (someone in the Dallas media said they would trade him for a quarter pounder and cheese), and Braylon Edwards (has anyone ever had worse hands?).  Am I missing anyone?    AK   
    Posted by kittycat6969

Of those on the list, I'd have to go with RW.  However, I think you should add Tony Romo to the list and place him at the top...  Also, Heyward-Bey has the worst hands of any TOP 10 draft choice in NFL history...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

In Response to Re: The Anti-Welker:
    In Response to The Anti-Welker : Of those on the list, I'd have to go with RW.  However, I think you should add Tony Romo to the list and place him at the top...  Also, Heyward-Bey has the worst hands of any TOP 10 draft choice in NFL history...
    Posted by sodiumpentothal

dont u mean Tony H0mo? but u cant forget Dieon Branch.. hes horrible how we won anything with him idk. and look to ad TO to that list soon he is a sinking boat with one hole holding him up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

I forgot about Heyward-Bey.  He is pretty awful but probably hasn't had enough years to prove himself the Anti-Welker.  Will Oakland cut him and that contract anytime soon.  All that guaranted money down the drain.  Big Al blew it so he was sick of the high draft choices and traded us one. 

In Response to The Anti-Welker : Of those on the list, I'd have to go with RW.  However, I think you should add Tony Romo to the list and place him at the top...  Also, Heyward-Bey has the worst hands of any TOP 10 draft choice in NFL history...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Tony is a prima donna, but he is not a WR and was not drafted.  Good thought as a write in candidate, though.  I live in Dallas and everyone is angry at him for the last two games.  He should have lost to Haynesworthless Skins-an abyssmal team.  Keep the candidates coming. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I'd have to go with Roy Williams - the guy gripes about not getting good passes thrown his way, but drops almost everything (or fumbles the ball after he does catch it). 

I thought this thread was going to be about a defender that could possibly shut Welker down, but I thought it would be insane to hear.  If anyone could, I think Sharper would have to be on Welker to limit him - but that would allow Moss to get deep against the injured/backup CB's next week, so that most likely won't happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

I'd have to go with Roy Williams - the guy gripes about not getting good passes thrown his way, but drops almost everything (or fumbles the ball after he does catch it).  I thought this thread was going to be about a defender that could possibly shut Welker down, but I thought it would be insane to hear.  If anyone could, I think Sharper would have to be on Welker to limit him - but that would allow Moss to get deep against the injured/backup CB's next week, so that most likely won't happen.
    Posted by jasonh86

We'll find out THIS week.  Can't wait...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

A guy in Pittsburgh, Limas Sweed, played for Texas in college. Good speed, i think he was drafted high, and drops everything.  Doesn't run good routes.  Heyward-Bey might be on that list soon enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

In Response to Re: The Anti-Welker : We'll find out THIS week.  Can't wait...

I'm so ready for that game! I hope the Pats put in more work this week in preparation for this game than they did for the Colts (And we all know those plans worked out great until the lack of D-line depth caught up with them in the 4th). 

If the Pats pass defense can hold up, I really like their chances.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

A guy in Pittsburgh, Limas Sweed, played for Texas in college. Good speed, i think he was drafted high, and drops everything.  Doesn't run good routes.  Heyward-Bey might be on that list soon enough.
    Posted by Mike-J-D

Detroit drafted a couple of Anti-Welkers in past years.  Charles Rogers and Mike Williams and Roy Williams were all top 1st rounders.  It is uncanny.  I hope they don't curse Calvin Johnson.  Troy Williamson is another Anti-Welker (drafted 7th overall). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Posted by Mike-J-D

Nice, I was hoping we'd be able to slide a steelers player in here somewhere. Limas Sweed, I love it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The anti welker would have to be pretty much any of the #1 WRs in the whole league. Heyward-Bay is a good one though, that kid was lucky to even be drafted let alone a top 10 pick. what a joke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I too have to go with Heyward-Bay. Complete opposite of Welker. Top 10 draft pick, fastest timed WR in draft. Can't run a single route the doesn't invovle going straight. When asked to run a cross pattern is looking for who's going to hit him and curls up into a ball if someone is within 5 yrds. One of the worst sets of hands I've seen both in receiving and running after the catch. Would rather slide then take a hit and try for more yrds. Just complete failure, when Big Al took a swing for the fences on this guy I think he blew a couple houses over in NE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Posted by Mike-J-D

I already put Heyward-Bey on the list.  Sweed is a good pick (2nd rd 53rd overall).  I watched him live in high school and college.  He was supposed to be the NEXT.  He does have skills.  Perhaps a sports psychologist or LASIK could help him recapture his skills.  He has them, but unfortunately, right now, couldn't find them to save his life...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: The Anti-Welker : Detroit drafted a couple of Anti-Welkers in past years.  Charles Rogers and Mike Williams and Roy Williams were all top 1st rounders.  It is uncanny.  I hope they don't curse Calvin Johnson.  Troy Williamson is another Anti-Welker (drafted 7th overall). 
    Posted by kittycat6969

I feel sorry for Williamson though.  His entire life is cursed with bad luck.  Then he arrived in MN expected to replace Moss with no supportive cast @ QB or RB. Very bad circumstances.  Next he arrived @ Jacksonville when they're in disarray...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't know about luck, but Williamson was the poster boy for dropping balls that hit you right in the hands over and over again. He's a speed guy who can't catch and if any of these guys is the polar opposite of Welker, it's him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayWooo763. Show DayWooo763's posts

Oh geez! I got a bunch! And two of them played right here. Let's see...

Freddie Mitchell - Oh boy, was he a piece of work. The self proclaimed "King of Slot". Just wow.

Ashley Lelie - Just plain terrible. Never seen a more timid receiver. Well, maybe Todd Pinkston. Look up the Sean Taylor 'hit' that he had on Todd. Classic

Charles Rogers - Could have been great but he had injury issues on top of drug issues. Still, a terrible football player

Michael Jenkins - Every year I wonder why Atlanta still keeps this guy around.

Craig Davis - Yeah who?! Chargers drafted him out of LSU a couple years back. You don't know his name, enough said.

Ted Ginn - Have you seen this guy try to catch?

And for the two that played here, Chad Jackson can be outdone by only the great Bethel Johnson.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Good job DW763-There are a lot of Anti-Welkers there.  It really shows what a hit or miss position WR is.  It is a position that comes down to more than physical ability.  Heart and intelligence are even more important.  If Welker stays healthy next year.  it would be great to see him break all of the NFL records for receptions.  He better get some serious support for 1st team all pro.  Fans at the Razor need to make a campaign for him bigtime. 

Sections
Shortcuts