The Arrogance of Ray Lewis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Arrogance of Ray Lewis

A few weeks ago, Ray Lewis claimed that crime will increase if the NFL lockout is not resolved. Here are his exact words: "If we don't have a season - watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up, if you take away our game."

Apparently, Lewis felt that the lockout would affect fans as much or more than the players and owners, "There's too many people that live through us, people live through us," he said: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6575570  

This is the epitome of arrogance. Apparently, LaBron James feels the same way. After losing to the Mavericks in the NBA finals, he stated, "...at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point."
    Read more: http://www.wlky.com/sports/28221221/detail.html#ixzz1PjhKgXVh

What arrogant, egotistical jerks these guys are. They have such a low opinion of the people who make it possible for them to earn millions, playing a child's game. Where would they be if not for pro ball...and the fans that support it?

Seems to me that Lewis and LeBron, not the fans, are the ones who need to return to the "real world at some point".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis

Attacking two Black athletes seems a bit Racist.  Probably just best to ignore what fools say.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis:
    Attacking two Black athletes seems a bit Racist.  Probably just best to ignore what fools say.
    Posted by tcal2-

So, calling these two Black athletes "fools" is not a racist attack?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

By the way, I agree with the OP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Posted by tcal2-

This is an example of what is wrong with this country. A white athlete makes an idiotic statement & a response is okay. Change that same athlete to black & it's racist. You my friend have been brain washed. Are you going to demand the OP pay indemnification?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Ray Lewis and O.J. Simpson are both involved in murders. Two beauties. THE Devil made them do it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : So, calling these two Black athletes "fools" is not a racist attack?
    Posted by Salcon

Here we go...criticize any athlete/person who happens to be black, and your a racist...LOL!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis :      Here we go...criticize any athlete/person who happens to be black, and your a racist...LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3

I didn't mean to make it sound like the original post was a racial attack.  It's just that I thought tcal's post was a bit ironic by refering to it as a racial attack and then refering to them as fools. FWIW, I don't think either statement was a racial attack.  And yes, they are both fools.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : So, calling these two Black athletes "fools" is not a racist attack?
    Posted by Salcon

Of course not Salcon, Your smart enough to realize the difference.  Fool come in all shapes, sizes and ethnicities. 

Purposely calling out two African American Athletes, in a thread on a public forum, for saying silly things could very well be considered raciest by some.

As an example I herd more then a few, White Canadian, Vancouver players say some really foolish things during the finals but no threads were started.

Hell one player cannibalized a Bruin yet no thread.  Another Vancouver player inflicted a head injury on a Bruin player with an illegal hit.  Where was the outrage or the thread?  Actual heinous acts perpetrated by White Canadians, yet no thread.

Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

All I can say is Ray Lewis should know about crime after all he commited murder!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Posted by tcal2-

It appears you are the raciest one, simply by raising the topic of race when the comments were about two ATHLETES who went out of there way to make their condescending opinions made about the fans of the game. And if they were not intentional, it only shows there TRUE feelings about us and what MONEY has done to them.

And you have to work on YOUR RACISM and see people for who they are. You are a part of a DYING generation or an ignorant hold out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : Of course not Salcon, Your smart enough to realize the difference.  Fool come in all shapes, sizes and ethnicities.  Purposely calling out two African American Athletes, in a thread on a public forum, for saying silly things could very well be considered raciest by some. As an example I herd more then a few, White Canadian, Vancouver players say some really foolish things during the finals but no threads were started. Hell one player cannibalized a Bruin yet no thread.  Another Vancouver player inflicted a head injury on a Bruin player with an illegal hit.  Where was the outrage or the thread?  Actual heinous acts perpetrated by White Canadians, yet no thread.
    Posted by tcal2-

Point taken.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : It appears you are the raceist one, simply by raiseing the topic of race when the comments were about two ATHELEATS who went out of there way to make their condecending oppinions made about the fans of the game. And if they were not intentional, it only shows there TRUE feelings about us and what MONEY has done to them. And you have to work on YOUR RACEISM and see people for who they are. You are a part of a DYING generation or an ignorant hold out.
    Posted by part-timer

At least you spelled IGNORANT correctly!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Texaspat's working title for this post was the uppityness of ray lewis
    kidding.
    why can't a  white person criticize a black public figure without a white daily show with john stewart viewer calling them a racist.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Posted by tcal2-

Had the thread been about two athletes who are "white" would you have made it a racial discussion? I DOUBT IT !

You are the one that see's a persons color before you see the person, learn to see the person for who they are, not what they are and you will be on the right track.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : At least you spelled IGNORANT correctly!
    Posted by tcal2-

Were you capable of comprehending the point or just stubbornly ignoring the fact that the point made you look foolish. Most people who are raciest and do not know it are that way because of ignorance, the rest are just hateful people who hate all people for one reason or another including themselves.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Had the thread been about two athletes who are "white" would you have made it a racial discussion? I DOUBT IT !"

But it wasn't and I simply jazzed the tread up a bit.  In case you haven't noticed this board has become very stale without any actual football to talk about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : It appears you are the raciest one,

dammit.  i wanted to be the raceist on.  i even bought a new outfit

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

"Had the thread been about two athletes who are "white" would you have made it a racial discussion? I DOUBT IT !" But it wasn't and I simply jazzed the tread up a bit.  In case you haven't noticed this board has become very stale without any actual football to talk about.
    Posted by tcal2-

I hear ya.  Nothing but baseball for the entire summer. Unless we get some camp news to talk about soon I may lose it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Texaspat's working title for this post was the uppityness of ray lewis kidding. why can't a  white person criticize a black public figure without a white daily show with john stewart viewer calling them a racist.
    Posted by patthepatriot666

So you have a problem with Stewart because he's Jewish?  Great, another hater.Surprised

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

"Had the thread been about two athletes who are "white" would you have made it a racial discussion? I DOUBT IT !" But it wasn't and I simply jazzed the tread up a bit.  In case you haven't noticed this board has become very stale without any actual football to talk about.
    Posted by tcal2-

NO you did not jazz up the thread you turned it into a socially unacceptable abortion of the topic which was about two athletes. YOU forced your racial views upon the board. I would rather the board get stale that have to put up with your racial views or have to educate you on your awareness of your subliminal racial prejudices.

The first and only one on the board who made a distinction of race one way or another was YOU.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Posted by tcal2-

The best way to make your second statement( Probably just best to ignore what fools say) profitable to this board is to put YOU on ignore

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"NO you did not jazz up the thread you turned it into a socially unacceptable abortion of the topic which was about two athletes. YOU forced your racial views upon the board."

Relax Opie.  You have no idea what my racial views are.  I'm kinda sure I never stated what they were.  I started with a simple observation.  Gave my reason for that observation and gave my own example to support my original observation. 

So grab your binky and step away from the computer if you can't handle a mature discussion.

Do you actually read the stuff you write?  "socially unacceptable abortion of the topic" I can actually feel my IQ dropping every time I read one of your posts.  Please forgive me for not responding to you anymore.  Have a great night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to The Arrogance of Ray Lewis:
         A few weeks ago, Ray Lewis claimed that crime will increase if the NFL lockout is not resolved. Here are his exact words: "If we don't have a season - watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up, if you take away our game."      Apparently, Lewis felt that the lockout would affect fans as much or more than the players and owners, "There's too many people that live through us, people live through us," he said: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6575570         This is the epitome of arrogance. Apparently, LaBron James feels the same way. After losing to the Mavericks in the NBA finals, he stated, "...at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point." Read more: http://www.wlky.com/sports/28221221/detail.html#ixzz1PjhKgXVh      What arrogant, egotistical jerks these guys are. They have such a low opinion of the people who make it possible for them to earn millions, playing a child's game. Where would they be if not for pro ball...and the fans that support it?      Seems to me that Lewis and LeBron, not the fans, are the ones who need to return to the "real world at some point".
    Posted by TexasPat3

There IS one problem brought to light by these statements, it is of the least acknowledged form of racism that hit ALL of us, that has no limits of sex,color,religion, or sexual preference, that of SOCIOECONOMIC racism. You see money and social standing could care less what your orientations are if you could afford to be in the upper socioeconomic crust of the nation or world.  These two athletes obviously feel they have broken into the elite group. But unfortunately they will realize sooner or later they are only big fish in a small pond, in the reality of the world class structures they aren't even a blip on the radar. At least we are aware of our standings, they obviously have a big awakening to have. Those who came from very little and achieve more than most and forget where they came from and try to flaunt what they have are amongst the smallest of people.

Sections
Shortcuts