The Arrogance of Ray Lewis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis

In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : Dude I thought you were joking. Well a larger percentange of players in the NFL are balck instead of white so it would only be correct to have more idiot comments coming from from black players rather then white. I do however beleive that idiotic comments know no color!!! Please strike a deal NFL and players so we can get back to talking football and not stupid stuff like this.
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

"Actual heinous acts perpetrated by White Canadians"

That's like my best line ever.  I don't even know if those guys are Canadian. Smile

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : "Actual heinous acts perpetrated by White Canadians" That's like my best line ever.  I don't even know if those guys are Canadian. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I myself don't trust any very large group of people under really ANY sorta group doctrine, beit race, religion, sex, Or as is the case here-Nationality...Who en masse appear extremely happy, well-adjusted, etc..  Sheez, no inner turmoil of ANY sort: race, politics, crime...And apparently no extremist views & actions sent towards other nations.  Geez, just invade some small 3rd world nation, or pick something to riot about already!  Idk...something's broodin' under that big red maple leaf, and their just waitin' for most of us to finally let our guard down...  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

In Response to The Arrogance of Ray Lewis:
    [QUOTE]     A few weeks ago, Ray Lewis claimed that crime will increase if the NFL lockout is not resolved. Here are his exact words: "If we don't have a season - watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up, if you take away our game."      Apparently, Lewis felt that the lockout would affect fans as much or more than the players and owners, "There's too many people that live through us, people live through us," he said: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6575570         This is the epitome of arrogance. Apparently, LaBron James feels the same way. After losing to the Mavericks in the NBA finals, he stated, "...at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point." Read more: http://www.wlky.com/sports/28221221/detail.html#ixzz1PjhKgXVh      What arrogant, egotistical jerks these guys are. They have such a low opinion of the people who make it possible for them to earn millions, playing a child's game. Where would they be if not for pro ball...and the fans that support it?      Seems to me that Lewis and LeBron, not the fans, are the ones who need to return to the "real world at some point".
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

OHHH... I thought Ray meant crime would be up because of the unemployed NFL players out on the street with nothing to do but commit crimes and such.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE] Facts are Facts Football provides an entire day for inner city youths to be occupied. It provides an outlet for people. If it is not their those people will do other things, and one of those things WILL be crime.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Thug #1: Let's go rob somebody.

Thug#2: Okay, let's do it Sunday between 1 & 8PM.

Thug#1: I can't, that's when I watch football.

Thug#2: For real? That's the only time I can rob someone. I guess we'll just have to get jobs.

My point is there are 168 hours in a week to get in trouble, & if you're a criminal who happens to be a fan of the NFL you still have 161 hours left in the week to do it. Oh snap, we forgot about church too. Take 2 more hours away, ;-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : As an example I herd more then a few, White Canadian, Vancouver players say some really foolish things during the finals but no threads were started. Hell one player cannibalized a Bruin yet no thread.  Another Vancouver player inflicted a head injury on a Bruin player with an illegal hit.  Where was the outrage or the thread?  Actual heinous acts perpetrated by White Canadians, yet no thread.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

So  . . .    you're surprised that there aren't any hockey threads on the football forum?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]yea t-cal im sure there were hockey threads on the hockey forum. This is a football forum. Incase you didnt realize that :)
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

lol, exactly.  Maybe I really hate white people, wait that means I hate myself.  60 posts to what would of been a 7 post, second pager by now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : Texas, where in Lebron James' comment did he state people will be turning to a life of crime?

RESPONSE: He didn't. But his words show that he holds the fans...the people without which he wouldn't be making his millions...in low regard. Don't you agree?

Ray Lewis is a lightning rod for a number of reasons and deservedly so. The amount of criticism levelled at James by the media and public is disturbing. His contract expired and he wanted to go elsewhere, his handling of the matter was less than professional, but is it really worthy of the constant pelting he's receiving.

RESPONSE: Where did I  say anything about his contract...or his decision to leave Cleveland? His words reflect his attitude about the fans in general...and his arrogance.  

He doesn't like to lose and doesn't respond politely when it happens - I can think of another person who on occasion behaved this way: Bill Belichick.

RESPONSE: Come on, now. When did BB say anything like LeBron said? We're not talking about storming off the field and refusing to shake hands, which, incidently, is something that both Peyton Manning (SB  choke vs. Saints) and LeBron (playoff loss to Orlando) have done.    
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis :

In Response to The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : Texas, where in Lebron James' comment did he state people will be turning to a life of crime?

RESPONSE: He didn't. But his words show that he holds the fans...the people without which he wouldn't be making his millions...in low regard. Don't you agree?

Ray Lewis is a lightning rod for a number of reasons and deservedly so. The amount of criticism levelled at James by the media and public is disturbing. His contract expired and he wanted to go elsewhere, his handling of the matter was less than professional, but is it really worthy of the constant pelting he's receiving.

RESPONSE: Where did I  say anything about his contract...or his decision to leave Cleveland? His words reflect his attitude about the fans in general...and his arrogance.  

He doesn't like to lose and doesn't respond politely when it happens - I can think of another person who on occasion behaved this way: Bill Belichick.

RESPONSE: Come on, now. When did BB say anything like LeBron said? We're not talking about storming off the field and refusing to shake hands, which, incidently, is something that both Peyton Manning (SB  choke vs. Saints) and LeBron (playoff loss to Orlando) have done.    
    Posted by paob

Every time I try to get out, they pull me back in....
    Since I responded to your initial thread, I felt I owed you a rebuttal. I'll start with paragraph one:

No, I don't! 
    By stating (I'm paraphrasing here) people would be returning to their lives, their problems, jobs, etc., etc., in your eyes Texas that means he shows "a low regard" for the people who help pay his salary? Is there any part of his statement which isn't true? Sports for some of us, are a momentary distraction from our everyday lives and when the season is over, that's what we'll do, get back to walking the dog, mowing the lawn etc., The people who take issue with what he said are his new found detractors, who most likely are looking for an axe to grind.

I mentioned his contract and his decision to leave Cleveland, I did. 

Texas, can you recall in recent times a response by a fan base or city(ies) to a player who makes a decision to ply his trade elsewhere? People burning his jersey in the streets, women crying in bars. The OH Governor passing a resolution making the Mavericks honorary Ohioans. I know he's (was) a hometown boy made good, but that was/is way over the top. What really bothers me is hardly anyone in the sports media had(s) the cajones to state this publicly. 
    All for a two time MVP, a player who has never (supposedly) raped anyone in a hotel room, never convicted of any crime  or DUI, beating the crap out of his wife or girlfriend, whatever. A basketball player who from day one has kept his nose clean. My guess is his "arrogance" to some is off - putting. Apparently some would prefer all of their sporting idols (fan or no) to be humble and self effacing.
    In this day and age, good luck with that.

Finally, you're splitting hairs here. Losing is losing - what difference does it make if you make a comment which many have chosen to run with or extending your hand for a brusque handshake to a former subordinate. Bill doesn't like to lose, neither does LeBron and I commend both of them for it. I'm not going to discuss 5 head's antics as he plays for a team I dislike.

There...I've said my piece.

paob

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]Paob, its not that what LaBrick said was not true its how he said it. He didnt say it like going back to work and back to our daily lives was a good thing or a normal thing or like he was simply stating a fact. No he said it like he was insulting those people, he threw that at the fans like it was a brick. And why? Because he wanted to show everyone that hated him what's what and instead he choked because he simply is not as good as his hype. Im not even a basketball fan for the most part so I dont sit around hating the guy but I dont like him and what he said in that quote was him insulting the fans that pay his salary. He is a punk and a baby who does not know how to win or lose.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

MVP,
        Didn't James hold a press conference clarifying his stance and apologizing to any who may have been offended by his comments? Apparently that isn't good enough as he continues to be raked over the coals. 

I stand by my earlier comments.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : In Response to The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : Texas, where in Lebron James' comment did he state people will be turning to a life of crime?   RESPONSE: He didn't. But his words show that he holds the fans...the people without which he wouldn't be making his millions...in low regard. Don't you agree? Ray Lewis is a lightning rod for a number of reasons and deservedly so. The amount of criticism levelled at James by the media and public is disturbing. His contract expired and he wanted to go elsewhere, his handling of the matter was less than professional, but is it really worthy of the constant pelting he's receiving.   RESPONSE: Where did I  say anything about his contract...or his decision to leave Cleveland? His words reflect his attitude about the fans in general...and his arrogance.   He doesn't like to lose and doesn't respond politely when it happens - I can think of another person who on occasion behaved this way: Bill Belichick. RESPONSE: Come on, now. When did BB say anything like LeBron said? We're not talking about storming off the field and refusing to shake hands, which, incidently, is something that both Peyton Manning (SB  choke vs. Saints) and LeBron (playoff loss to Orlando) have done.     Posted by paob Every time I try to get out, they pull me back in.... Since I responded to your initial thread, I felt I owed you a rebuttal. I'll start with paragraph one: RESPONSE: He didn't. But his words show that he holds the fans...the people without which he wouldn't be making his millions...in low regard. Don't you agree? No, I don't!  By stating (I'm paraphrasing here) people would be returning to their lives, their problems, jobs, etc., etc., in your eyes Texas that means he shows "a low regard" for the people who help pay his salary? Is there any part of his statement which isn't true? Sports for some of us, are a momentary distraction from our everyday lives and when the season is over, that's what we'll do, get back to walking the dog, mowing the lawn etc., The people who take issue with what he said are his new found detractors, who most likely are looking for an axe to grind.

RESPONSE: Spare me! He was being obnoxious and acting like an arrogant buffoon, and everybody but you seems to recognize that. Could it be that  you're going out of your way to defend him because he's black? 

RESPONSE: Where did I  say anything about his contract...or his decision to leave Cleveland? His words reflect his attitude about the fans in general...and his arrogance.   I mentioned his contract and his decision to leave Cleveland, I did.  Texas, can you recall in recent times a response by a fan base or city(ies) to a player who makes a decision to ply his trade elsewhere? People burning his jersey in the streets, women crying in bars. The OH Governor passing a resolution making the Mavericks honorary Ohioans. I know he's (was) a hometown boy made good, but that was/is way over the top. What really bothers me is hardly anyone in the sports media had(s) the cajones to state this publicly.  All for a two time MVP, a player who has never (supposedly) raped anyone in a hotel room, never convicted of any crime  or DUI, beating the crap out of his wife or girlfriend, whatever. A basketball player who from day one has kept his nose clean. My guess is his "arrogance" to some is off - putting. (what in the world does that mean??)

Apparently some would prefer all of their sporting idols (fan or no) to be humble and self effacing. In this day and age, good luck with that.

RESPONSE: So you admit that LeBron is not humble and self-effacing. Then, we agree.

RESPONSE: Come on, now. When did BB say anything like LeBron said? We're not talking about storming off the field and refusing to shake hands, which, incidently, is something that both Peyton Manning (SB  choke vs. Saints) and LeBron (playoff loss to Orlando) have done.     Finally, you're splitting hairs here. Losing is losing - what difference does it make if you make a comment which many have chosen to run with or extending your hand for a brusque handshake to a former subordinate. Bill doesn't like to lose, neither does LeBron and I commend both of them for it. I'm not going to discuss 5 head's antics as he plays for a team I dislike. There...I've said my piece.

RESPONSE: It's apples and oranges, my friend. BB never struck out against the fans, even when he was being dragged through the mud by the media and non-Patriots' football fans. LeBron did. He has shown himself to be an arrogant, egotistical jerk...who deserves the negative reaction he's getting. This sort of person comes in all sizes, and all races. This is not about race...this is about the man.  
    paob
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : In Response to The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : Texas, where in Lebron James' comment did he state people will be turning to a life of crime?   RESPONSE: He didn't. But his words show that he holds the fans...the people without which he wouldn't be making his millions...in low regard. Don't you agree? Ray Lewis is a lightning rod for a number of reasons and deservedly so. The amount of criticism levelled at James by the media and public is disturbing. His contract expired and he wanted to go elsewhere, his handling of the matter was less than professional, but is it really worthy of the constant pelting he's receiving.   RESPONSE: Where did I  say anything about his contract...or his decision to leave Cleveland? His words reflect his attitude about the fans in general...and his arrogance.   He doesn't like to lose and doesn't respond politely when it happens - I can think of another person who on occasion behaved this way: Bill Belichick. RESPONSE: Come on, now. When did BB say anything like LeBron said? We're not talking about storming off the field and refusing to shake hands, which, incidently, is something that both Peyton Manning (SB  choke vs. Saints) and LeBron (playoff loss to Orlando) have done.     Posted by paob Every time I try to get out, they pull me back in.... Since I responded to your initial thread, I felt I owed you a rebuttal. I'll start with paragraph one: RESPONSE: He didn't. But his words show that he holds the fans...the people without which he wouldn't be making his millions...in low regard. Don't you agree? No, I don't!  By stating (I'm paraphrasing here) people would be returning to their lives, their problems, jobs, etc., etc., in your eyes Texas that means he shows "a low regard" for the people who help pay his salary? Is there any part of his statement which isn't true? Sports for some of us, are a momentary distraction from our everyday lives and when the season is over, that's what we'll do, get back to walking the dog, mowing the lawn etc., The people who take issue with what he said are his new found detractors, who most likely are looking for an axe to grind.

RESPONSE: Spare me! He was being obnoxious and acting like an arrogant buffoon, and everybody but you seems to recognize that. Could it be that  you're going out of your way to defend him because he's black? 

RESPONSE: Where did I  say anything about his contract...or his decision to leave Cleveland? His words reflect his attitude about the fans in general...and his arrogance.   I mentioned his contract and his decision to leave Cleveland, I did.  Texas, can you recall in recent times a response by a fan base or city(ies) to a player who makes a decision to ply his trade elsewhere? People burning his jersey in the streets, women crying in bars. The OH Governor passing a resolution making the Mavericks honorary Ohioans. I know he's (was) a hometown boy made good, but that was/is way over the top. What really bothers me is hardly anyone in the sports media had(s) the cajones to state this publicly.  All for a two time MVP, a player who has never (supposedly) raped anyone in a hotel room, never convicted of any crime  or DUI, beating the crap out of his wife or girlfriend, whatever. A basketball player who from day one has kept his nose clean. My guess is his "arrogance" to some is off - putting. (what in the world does that mean??)

Apparently some would prefer all of their sporting idols (fan or no) to be humble and self effacing. In this day and age, good luck with that.

RESPONSE: So you admit that LeBron is not humble and self-effacing. Then, we agree.

RESPONSE: Come on, now. When did BB say anything like LeBron said? We're not talking about storming off the field and refusing to shake hands, which, incidently, is something that both Peyton Manning (SB  choke vs. Saints) and LeBron (playoff loss to Orlando) have done.     Finally, you're splitting hairs here. Losing is losing - what difference does it make if you make a comment which many have chosen to run with or extending your hand for a brusque handshake to a former subordinate. Bill doesn't like to lose, neither does LeBron and I commend both of them for it. I'm not going to discuss 5 head's antics as he plays for a team I dislike. There...I've said my piece.

RESPONSE: It's apples and oranges, my friend. BB never struck out against the fans, even when he was being dragged through the mud by the media and non-Patriots' football fans. LeBron did. He has shown himself to be an arrogant, egotistical jerk...who deserves the negative reaction he's getting. This sort of person comes in all sizes, and all races. This is not about race...this is about the man.  

Texas,
    Nowhere in my comments did I mention LeBron James's race or race. You brought it up. Could it be that you're defending Bill Belicheck because he's white?!

Of all the positives I mentioned about James and his conduct since entering this league eight years ago, you and your ilk seem stuck on him being "arrogant and obnoxious." 
    I ask you, (in regards to James) when does an apology not suffice! 
    You're free to infer whatever you want from my comments. I stand by each letter of each word on each line.

paob

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

I ask you, (in regards to James) when does an apology not suffice! 
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

When the damage is already done. When he to avoid monetary loss threw endorsements, or public embarrassment and ridicule to him, the team, the league and his contracted product endorsement companies because of his uncensored from the heart bashing of the fans who make his lavish lifestyle possible. His apology was not immediate and spontaneous as his comments were. They were only a public relations attempt to put the proverbial toothpaste back in the tube. He said what he felt about us and was most likely coerced by his public relations people to try to repair the damage that was done. He will not be the first public figure to have to suffer the repercussions of his egotistical rant. This will take time to live down and he should pay the price for his disregard for the fans he obviously has no respect for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : In Response to The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : Texas, where in Lebron James' comment did he state people will be turning to a life of crime?   RESPONSE: He didn't. But his words show that he holds the fans...the people without which he wouldn't be making his millions...in low regard. Don't you agree? Ray Lewis is a lightning rod for a number of reasons and deservedly so. The amount of criticism levelled at James by the media and public is disturbing.

RESPONSE: Sorry. LeBron brought much of the criticism on himself, in the way he went about things, and his arrogant attitude. The criticism he's getting is deserved.

His contract expired and he wanted to go elsewhere, his handling of the matter was less than professional, but is it really worthy of the constant pelting he's receiving.

RESPONSE: The fact that he decided to leave Cleveland doesn't bother me...though the way he handled it was in poor taste. I am bothered by his arrogance, and his condescending view of the fans. 

RESPONSE: Spare me! He was being obnoxious and acting like an arrogant buffoon, and everybody but you seems to recognize that. Could it be that  you're going out of your way to defend him  because  he's black?  RESPONSE: Where did I  say anything about his contract...or his decision to leave Cleveland? His words reflect his attitude about the fans in general...and his arrogance.   I mentioned his contract and his decision to leave Cleveland, I did.  Texas, can you recall in recent times a response by a fan base or city(ies) to a player who makes a decision to ply his trade elsewhere? People burning his jersey in the streets, women crying in bars. The OH Governor passing a resolution making the Mavericks honorary Ohioans. I know he's (was) a hometown boy made good, but that was/is way over the top. What really bothers me is hardly anyone in the sports media had(s) the cajones to state this publicly.  All for a two time MVP, a player who has never (supposedly) raped anyone in a hotel room, never convicted of any crime  or DUI, beating the crap out of his wife or girlfriend, whatever. A basketball player who from day one has kept his nose clean. My guess is his "arrogance" to some is off - putting.  (what in the world does that mean??)**Again, what do you mean by "off-putting"?

Apparently some would prefer all of their sporting idols (fan or no) to be humble and self effacing. In this day and age, good luck with that.   RESPONSE: So you admit that LeBron is not humble and self-effacing. Then, we agree.

RESPONSE: By your words, we agree that LeBron is not humble and self-effacing. Should he be celebrated for this? Don't people, regardless of race, who behave in such a manner, invite criticism, and contempt?   

RESPONSE: It's apples and oranges, my friend. BB never struck out against the fans, even when he was being dragged through the mud by the media and non-Patriots' football fans. LeBron did. He has shown himself to be an arrogant, egotistical jerk...who deserves the negative reaction he's getting. This sort of person comes in all sizes, and all races. This is not about race...this is about the man.   Texas, Nowhere in my comments did I mention LeBron James's race or race. You brought it up. Could it be that you're defending Bill Belicheck because he's white?! Of all the positives I mentioned about James and his conduct since entering this league eight years ago, you and your ilk seem stuck on him being "arrogant and obnoxious."  I ask you, (in regards to James) when does an apology not suffice!

RESPONSE: When it is not a sincere apology. Though exceptionally talented, LaBron is an immature, arrogant kid. He needs to grow up. He won't win a championship until he does. He should take the energy from his pent up anger, and use it to work on improving his game...such as coming off picks, his non-existent post-up game (remember when Larry Bird didn't have his outside shot working...how he would work inside), and improving his outside shot.   

You're free to infer whatever you want from my comments. I stand by each letter of each word on each line. paob

RESPONSE: Paob...you and I have gotten to know each other a bit over the years, through this forum. I understand that you are very passionate regarding matters that involve African-americans. No hard feelings here, my friend. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Good to hear from you again, paob! It's been a while.  

Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Brookline Rob, Bub, Anonymis, ZBellino, MVP, Laz (when I can understand what the hell he's saying) and you are a few of the reasons I choose to post here. Even though we don't always see eye to eye, you're right that I'm very passionate about many issues concerning Black people, there's enough negativity out there about us as it is, however, I do appreciate the responses. 

Take care.
    paob.

Sections
Shortcuts