The Arrogance of Ray Lewis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis

Take the names Ray Lewis and LeBron James out of the quotes and simply say "two athletes, a football player and a basketball player".  Would that change your opinions of what the statements implied?  I think not.

So, in the end, it is not a racist thing at all except for those who think anytime a "black" athlete is criticized, it is called being racist.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis:
     Relax Opie.  You have no idea what my racial views are.  I'm kinda sure I never stated what they were.  I started with a simple observation.  Gave my reason for that observation and gave my own example to support my original observation.  So grab your binky and step away from the computer if you can't handle a mature discussion. Do you actually read the stuff you write?  "socially unacceptable abortion of the topic" I can actually feel my IQ dropping every time I read one of your posts.  Please forgive me for not responding to you anymore.  Have a great night.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Weather you realize it or not you make your racial views clear to all of us reading how you see things through your eyes. Even if you refuse to realize it and deal with it, or are totally obtuse to the fact. It is clearly obvious that you are incapable of a mature conversation in the responses you use to defend the unacceptable stance you have taken.  And NO you are not "FEELING YOUR IQ DROPPING" you are mearly becoming aware of how low IT ACTUALLY IS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

I simply jazzed the tread up a bit.  In case you haven't noticed this board has become very stale without any actual football to talk about.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

How's that for jazzing up the thread a little.....OPIE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

How can anyone of read what Tcal wrote and not of taken it as a joke? Geeez, lighten up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]How can anyone of read what Tcal wrote and not of taken it as a joke? Geeez, lighten up.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately racism IS NOT and never has been a joke, and keeping any form of it alive is just part of the problem and so are the participants.

I didn't hear anyone here taking this comically. The most common way to deflect from the topic of an inappropriate comment is to say it was a joke, but only after finding no support for it.

The only way to deal with such comments is with ZERO TOLERANCE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to The Arrogance of Ray Lewis:
    [QUOTE]     Apparently, LaBron James feels the same way. After losing to the Mavericks in the NBA finals, he stated, "...at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point."
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I guess apparently, I got something different than what others in recent posts are seeing...I guess I got something much closer than TexasPat took away here.  I saw no race, gender, economical, financial...man, you name it.  None of these...  

I got this from Lebron:  Winning a Championship in Pro Basketball for the team and/or the city I play for...you, Mr. Fan, might just wanna regard this "notion" as so foreign to my motivation, and even basic mindset, that It's far more likely I spend far more thought-processes in any given day, Thinking about things like: whether or not my shoelaces are tied, or If my shoes really match my outfit, or How full my milk gallon is in the fridge and whether or not I should pick up another gallon on the way home, and whether or not I should take the big leap by switching from 2% to 1% milk...

Black, White, Rich, Poor, loud-mouth, good-soldier...who gives a d#mn, b/c I gotta say: The Celt FO would be a fool not to try to trade for Him!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

That is how I saw it too. But Lebron does not have a reservoir of good will with the American pubic.  Given the way he conducts himself, he doesnt really deserve the benefit of the doubt anyway

[QUOTE]In Response to The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : I guess apparently, I got something different than what others in recent posts are seeing...I guess I got something much closer than TexasPat took away here.  I saw no race, gender, economical, financial...man, you name it.  None of these...   I got this from Lebron:  Winning a Championship in Pro Basketball for the team and/or the city I play for...you, Mr. Fan, might just wanna regard this "notion" as so foreign to my motivation, and even basic mindset, that It's far more likely I spend far more thought-processes in any given day, Thinking about things like: whether or not my shoelaces are tied, or If my shoes really match my outfit, or How full my milk gallon is in the fridge and whether or not I should pick up another gallon on the way home, and whether or not I should take the big leap by switching from 2% to 1% milk...    Black, White, Rich, Poor, loud-mouth, good-soldier...who gives a d#mn, b/c I gotta say: The Celt FO would be a fool not to try to trade for Him!
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]That is how I saw it too. But Lebron does not have a reservoir of good will with the American pubic.  Given the way he conducts himself, he doesnt really deserve the benefit of the doubt anyway In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis :
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

Lmao...Sadly no; No, he probably doesn't...  Lol, still- When I read Lebron's statement from above, I can't help but to see his underlying message, between the lines...  It says:  "Baby! You're just a Dang FOOL, if ya think ya can't count on the Team led by me, to probably win back-to-back-to-back-to-back Championships!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : I guess apparently, I got something different than what others in recent posts are seeing...I guess I got something much closer than TexasPat took away here.  I saw no race, gender, economical, financial...man, you name it.  None of these...   I got this from Lebron:  Winning a Championship in Pro Basketball for the team and/or the city I play for...you, Mr. Fan, might just wanna regard this "notion" as so foreign to my motivation, and even basic mindset, that It's far more likely I spend far more thought-processes in any given day, Thinking about things like: whether or not my shoelaces are tied, or If my shoes really match my outfit, or How full my milk gallon is in the fridge and whether or not I should pick up another gallon on the way home, and whether or not I should take the big leap by switching from 2% to 1% milk...    Black, White, Rich, Poor, loud-mouth, good-soldier...who gives a d#mn, b/c I gotta say: The Celt FO would be a fool not to try to trade for Him!
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

The vision...so clear now...my eye's have been opened...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This would only be racist if the two in question were not in fact clowns. So, it's not racist.

But calling it racist works, if you're a drama queen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Jaysus!!!!  I did not see the OP's post as racist.  However, if anyone mentions the "R" word on any forum and it immediately becomes a free for all, for all persuasions on the issue.

The problem with the LeBron and Ray Lewis types is that they are guys who's heads are bigger than their game.  Sure they're great players but they see only themselves and nothing else.  More true of LeBron than Ray, who seems to really be a criminal who took a right turn somewhere and ended up on a football field.  And so it goes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]How can anyone of read what Tcal wrote and not of taken it as a joke? Geeez, lighten up.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Winner!Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Ray is right. If the lockout continues you will have 1500 overpaid thugs running around with nothing to do but get in trouble with their friends

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Here is my .02 cents. To all you folks who felt the original post was reacist because it critisized the words of two black athletes I say this; YOU ARE THE IGNORANT RACISTS! The original post attacked the words of two athletes. I did not see race mentioned anywhere. You other ignorant fools are the ones that attached race to it! And why shouldn't Ray Lewis and Lebron be critisized for what they said? Dont matter what color they are, what their education level is, where they are from, they both made ignorant, condescending statements and should be critisized. Whenever an absoloute racist fool drops the race card so quick, like in this thread, it just shows that person has absoloutely no sense at all, and can't offer an intelligent opinion to contribute. The point of the thread was spoiled rich athletes might need to come back and join us in the real world occasionally, and I agree 100%. The rest of the racist statements were either made by ignorant racist fools, or just made to elicit a response.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]"NO you did not jazz up the thread you turned it into a socially unacceptable abortion of the topic which was about two athletes. YOU forced your racial views upon the board." Relax Opie.  You have no idea what my racial views are.  I'm kinda sure I never stated what they were.  I started with a simple observation.  Gave my reason for that observation and gave my own example to support my original observation.  So grab your binky and step away from the computer if you can't handle a mature discussion. Do you actually read the stuff you write?  "socially unacceptable abortion of the topic" I can actually feel my IQ dropping every time I read one of your posts.  Please forgive me for not responding to you anymore.  Have a great night.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

T-cal the more you rant and rave and speak so rudely and condescenting to others the more foolish you look. The bottom line is this; YOU added race to the conversation not the original poster. That speaks volumes about what your true inner beliefs are, not what you type in this forum.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Ray is right. If the lockout continues you will have 1500 overpaid thugs running around with nothing to do but get in trouble with their friends
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11[/QUOTE]

All the more reason for the players to swallow their castor oil pay cut and get back to work.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Ray lewis makes a legitimate point, Queen James does not.

Facts are Facts Football provides an entire day for inner city youths to be occupied. It provides an outlet for people. If it is not their those people will do other things, and one of those things WILL be crime.

Not everyone, but some people. 

Leblahn has lost every shred of respect i might have had for him, this year for him has been like when Hogan joined the NWO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : T-cal the more you rant and rave and speak so rudely and condescenting to others the more foolish you look. The bottom line is this; YOU added race to the conversation not the original poster. That speaks volumes about what your true inner beliefs are, not what you type in this forum.
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

FINALLY ! 9 posts and a verbal war with a closet racist before someone really gets it and responds. These were exactly the points made. And retracting his comments by saying it was a JOKE after not getting the backing he may have been looking for is lame. He is totally incognisant of the fact the topic broached is not a joke and has never been more than a scar upon the fabric of our society. I commend you for realizing this and speaking out against this embarrassment to society in a way that must be done to totally heal all injuries caused by it to our society.

Giggedy Giggedy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

posted at 6/19/2011 7:40 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=6105951d9126a82a0305dfee2ce7b53b&plckUserId=6105951d9126a82a0305dfee2ce7b53b">
    First: 12/17/2010
    Last: 6/20/2011

I suppose your attitude useing the physicaly and mentally disabled as a "JOKE" is also socially acceptable in your mind.
    Or maby you weren't aware of your prejudice there also???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis posted at 6/19/2011 7:40 PM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=6105951d9126a82a0305dfee2ce7b53b&plckUserId=6105951d9126a82a0305dfee2ce7b53b " /> tcal2- Posts: 2309 First: 12/17/2010 Last: 6/20/2011   I suppose your attitude useing the physicaly and mentaly disabled as a "JOKE" is also socially acceptable in your mind. Or maby you weren't aware of your prejudice there also???
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]

Hey p-t, so what grade are you in?  Are you looking forward to another Social promotion?  I hope you spend your summer learning how to spell and please practice writing sentences that actually make sense.  Have a great night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

posted at 6/21/2011 6:44 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=6105951d9126a82a0305dfee2ce7b53b&plckUserId=6105951d9126a82a0305dfee2ce7b53b">
    First: 12/17/2010
    Last: 6/21/2011

Hey p-t, so what grade are you in?  Are you looking forward to another Social promotion?  I hope you spend your summer learning how to spell and please practice writing sentences that actually make sense.  Have a great night.

I am really sorry, I had not realized I had gotten into a conversation with a child. That can be the only possibility.
    Lacking in both social and moral skills and has the time to post @ 89 times a week on this one board ,not counting any others. Let us know when you get to play with the big boys.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to The Arrogance of Ray Lewis:
    [QUOTE]     A few weeks ago, Ray Lewis claimed that crime will increase if the NFL lockout is not resolved. Here are his exact words: "If we don't have a season - watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up, if you take away our game."      Apparently, Lewis felt that the lockout would affect fans as much or more than the players and owners, "There's too many people that live through us, people live through us," he said: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6575570         This is the epitome of arrogance. Apparently, LaBron James feels the same way. After losing to the Mavericks in the NBA finals, he stated, "...at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point." Read more: http://www.wlky.com/sports/28221221/detail.html#ixzz1PjhKgXVh      What arrogant, egotistical jerks these guys are. They have such a low opinion of the people who make it possible for them to earn millions, playing a child's game. Where would they be if not for pro ball...and the fans that support it?      Seems to me that Lewis and LeBron, not the fans, are the ones who need to return to the "real world at some point".
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Texas, where in Lebron James' comment did he state people will be turning to a life of crime? Ray Lewis is a lightning rod for a number of reasons and deservedly so. The amount of criticism levelled at James by the media and public is disturbing. His contract expired and he wanted to go elsewhere, his handling of the matter was less than professional, but is it really worthy of the constant pelting he's receiving. He doesn't like to lose and doesn't respond politely when it happens - I can think of another person who on occasion behaved this way: Bill Belichick. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"I am really sorry, 1)I had not realized I had gotten into a conversation with a child. 2) That can be the only possibility. Lacking in both social and moral skills and has the time to post 3)@ 89 times a week 4)on this one board ,not counting any others. 5)Let us know when you get to play with the big boys."

1) There was no conversation. You called me a raciest based on a silly internet post.

2) What are you trying to say????

3) Did you mean 89x ?

4) I only have been posting a few times a week on this board.  It's been very stale with no football to talk about though you have been entertaining.

5) What does this sentence even mean?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Lewis is a fool, and James...his problems, I don't want carpal from typing it all out.

Back to Lewis though, he's an idiot. Aside from that, no football means no sunday drinkfests = less crime. Also, No SB means no Super Bowl parties in Vegas for people to get stabbed after...right RAY! Herego, no football = decrease in crime.

At any rate, far too much discussion about one of the most ignorant fools in sports. Great player, terrible ambassador for the sport. Someone should just stick a gag in his mouth and chain him up. Oh, was that too racist?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Arrogance of Ray Lewis : Of course not Salcon, Your smart enough to realize the difference.  Fool come in all shapes, sizes and ethnicities.  Purposely calling out two African American Athletes, in a thread on a public forum, for saying silly things could very well be considered raciest by some. As an example I herd more then a few, White Canadian, Vancouver players say some really foolish things during the finals but no threads were started. Hell one player cannibalized a Bruin yet no thread.  Another Vancouver player inflicted a head injury on a Bruin player with an illegal hit.  Where was the outrage or the thread?  Actual heinous acts perpetrated by White Canadians, yet no thread.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Dude I thought you were joking. Well a larger percentange of players in the NFL are balck instead of white so it would only be correct to have more idiot comments coming from from black players rather then white. I do however beleive that idiotic comments know no color!!!

Please strike a deal NFL and players so we can get back to talking football and not stupid stuff like this.