the belichek mystique

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: the belichek mystique

it's Belichick....a new O coordinator is a must.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

The genius label is so overused. He coaches football, doesn't cure cancer. I'm sure he'll be the first to tell you that.

The in-game coaching has been terrible but that's because he's working with newer, fresher talent and not weathered coaches. That's a product of your own success: if the Patriots were irrelevant the past decade, nobody would want a part of the Patriot Way. Because we've been the model franchise, everyone wants a piece of the Patriot Way so they can duplicate it in some way with their own franchise.

You do blame the players, absolutely you do. We can have Weiss and Romeo back and they can call "brilliant" plays but if Brady is not accurate, our line is not blocking, and our backs barely pick up 2 yards, that's not the coaching. It's the execution by the players.

Belichick's ego? You really do live up to your screen name. Romeo and Weiss aren't coming back; why would they? You think they want to go elsewhere, fail, come back to New England, succeed, and have the entire world think that they're nothing without Belichick? Believe it or not, it's not all about winning: it's more about pride and money. Plus, it's A SYSTEM here in New England. You've won for a decade with this system so why would you change your entire system now? Wouldn't it be better to wait for a guy that fits your system comes along and if not, develop your own talent from within (players and coaches)? It's business: if you have a winning formula, don't toy with it. And yes, it IS a winning formula to compete year in and year out with back-up QBs, aging veterans, rookies, and subpar, inexperienced coaching. Some fans just expect a 16-0 season every year and if they don't get it, they blame it on Brady's "celebrity" lifestyle (which by the way is him getting married and having kids) or Belichick's ego.

It's week 2. Cool it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

In Response to Re: the belichek mystique:
    [QUOTE]The genius label is so overused. He coaches football, doesn't cure cancer. I'm sure he'll be the first to tell you that. The in-game coaching has been terrible but that's because he's working with newer, fresher talent and not weathered coaches. That's a product of your own success: if the Patriots were irrelevant the past decade, nobody would want a part of the Patriot Way. Because we've been the model franchise, everyone wants a piece of the Patriot Way so they can duplicate it in some way with their own franchise. You do blame the players, absolutely you do. We can have Weiss and Romeo back and they can call "brilliant" plays but if Brady is not accurate, our line is not blocking, and our backs barely pick up 2 yards, that's not the coaching. It's the execution by the players. Belichick's ego? You really do live up to your screen name. Romeo and Weiss aren't coming back; why would they? You think they want to go elsewhere, fail, come back to New England, succeed, and have the entire world think that they're nothing without Belichick? Believe it or not, it's not all about winning: it's more about pride and money. Plus, it's A SYSTEM here in New England. You've won for a decade with this system so why would you change your entire system now? Wouldn't it be better to wait for a guy that fits your system comes along and if not, develop your own talent from within (players and coaches)? It's business: if you have a winning formula, don't toy with it. And yes, it IS a winning formula to compete year in and year out with back-up QBs, aging veterans, rookies, and subpar, inexperienced coaching. Some fans just expect a 16-0 season every year and if they don't get it, they blame it on Brady's "celebrity" lifestyle (which by the way is him getting married and having kids) or Belichick's ego. It's week 2. Cool it.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

when they go 8-8 and obrien and company are fired,i'll remind you of your brilliance

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the belichek mystique : when they go 8-8 and obrien and company are fired,i'll remind you of your brilliance
    Posted by udontnojack[/QUOTE]

Look forward to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

So considering how well they played against Cincy and during the first half against the Jets I assume Belichick turned into an idiot at halftime? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

[QUOTE]So considering how well they played against Cincy and during the first half against the Jets I assume Belichick turned into an idiot at halftime? 
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

you just confirmed my point.the in game coaching stinks.bbb and the coordinators who call the plays during the game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If you don't buy into the super hype machine the media creates, or the bashing that usually follows when they decide it's time to tear down what they built up then you won't go through all these emotions

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the belichek mystique : you just confirmed my point.the in game coaching stinks.bbb and the coordinators who call the plays during the game

English your second language?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to the belichek mystique:
    [QUOTE]for all these years we have thought bb was a genius,but maybe it was really the coaching staff that he had around him-mcdaniels,mangini,weis,crennel,etc the in game coaching has been terrible.the have been outscored in 2nd half for 6 straight games and 12 of 18.so you can't blame brady and the players very much. mr kraft,please tell bb to swallow his ego and bring in somr truly talented supporting coaches.
    Where is he going to find them? Not like the league is inundating with coaching talent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from naro6. Show naro6's posts

Belichik is very good when he can cheat-as he has shown.  His more recent seasons game decisions have been lousy and even inexplicable. He seems to be in a fog.     I wonder why the Pats always win at home, and cant win away.    Is any kind of cheating scheme going on at Gillette?     I dont trust Belichik or the Krafts for one minute.  They should have been forced to return their Lombardys.