The benefit of the Patriots WR core...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The benefit of the Patriots WR core...

Hakeem Nicks is the latest NFL receiver to complain about his number of targets.

Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown did the same early in the year, and both bounced back with huge breakouts the following week. Asked why he didn't have any Week 3 catches, Nicks reportedly replied "I can't throw the ball to myself." The Giants may respond by countering with a heavy-target Week 4 game, though he'll likely have to do it in Chiefs shadow CB Brandon Flowers' coverage.

This Pats team and the young receivers just want to get better and win games.  No one is complaining about "targets".  Obviously Nicks is worried about his FA stock more than the wins column and rightfully so for his own cause, but the Pats are going back to whoever is open.  Even when Amendola comes back and I am sure TB will target him plenty, I don't think there will be a time where Gronk, Edelmann or the young guys complain about targets.  It's about getting open and doing your job in NE. Even if true or not true - there were rumors of Lloyd raising his voice, and I wonder if it was target related?  There are no more ego's on the WR crew...

Just a thought I had.  

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: The benefit of the Patriots WR core...

In response to Getzo's comment:

Hakeem Nicks is the latest NFL receiver to complain about his number of targets.

Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown did the same early in the year, and both bounced back with huge breakouts the following week. Asked why he didn't have any Week 3 catches, Nicks reportedly replied "I can't throw the ball to myself." The Giants may respond by countering with a heavy-target Week 4 game, though he'll likely have to do it in Chiefs shadow CB Brandon Flowers' coverage.   This Pats team and the young receivers just want to get better and win games.  No one is complaining about "targets".  Obviously Nicks is worried about his FA stock more than the wins column and rightfully so for his own cause, but the Pats are going back to whoever is open.  Even when Amendola comes back and I am sure TB will target him plenty, I don't think there will be a time where Gronk, Edelmann or the young guys complain about targets.  It's about getting open and doing your job in NE. Even if true or not true - there were rumors of Lloyd raising his voice, and I wonder if it was target related?  There are no more ego's on the WR crew...   Just a thought I had.     Thoughts?

Good point...  Also worth noting is the absence of the big FA contract at the position as well...  not sure how the numbers add up compared to other teams, but pats are saving money by fielding these guys I assume...  Which can be used elsewhere...?

oops... Forgot about amendolas FA contract.  Never mind.   then again, maybe you don't need him if the offense can keep clicking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Pretty sure  that is the message these rookies are getting. Whatever it takes to win the game. Be ready when it is your turn. 

Yes you are correct that there are no ego's becasue the coach makes them check their egos at the door and requires everyone to focus on ther own job. Asking for more reps does not work becasue that is play calling..and that is not the recievers job, that is someone elses job. Recievers need to concentrate on being ready, blocking, running routes, and catching the ball if it comes your way!

Remember how Randy got himself booted from the team?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

That's a good point.  These young WR's love to block it seems.  Especially Dobson who seems to get into it with corners when he run blocks, have you guys noticed that?  It always seems to end in a shoving match.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

You know, it's funny....I don't like most WRs in this league. It makes me ill some of them own SB rings. They come off so entitled.  

Disappointed to hear Antonio Brown whine. He's, in all honesty, morphing into one of the most complete WRs in this league. Incredible night last night.  He's got it all.

I watched Brandon Marshall last night and wondered who was more overpaid and overrated...him or Mike Wallace.  Tough choice.

What did Brown say?  I agree with you.  Great feel for the game and what to do out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Good Points, I dont think Any rookie WR could land here and have the nerve to complain about touches. They are just happy to be playing. I actually liked most of the Rookie WRs coming out this year. Not many that seemed like Divas. So far C.Patterson, D.Hopkins,etc have all looked good but im very happy with what he got out of the draft.

I do worry about when Danny comes back though. Human nature to revert back to being most comfortable. Blessing in disguise if u ask me with Danny. If anyone noticed he had 10 catches 1st game. On pace for 160. Now Brady will have chemistry with everyone when they are healthy and that allows him to use the whole field. If Danny never goes out, do the rooks get this much action. Most likely not. Everything is moving along just fine IMO

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yep it's true, you won't here about them not getting enough looks bet you know what I wouldn't mind having Nicks on the team right now.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Good Points, I dont think Any rookie WR could land here and have the nerve to complain about touches. They are just happy to be playing. I actually liked most of the Rookie WRs coming out this year. Not many that seemed like Divas. So far C.Patterson, D.Hopkins,etc have all looked good but im very happy with what he got out of the draft.

I do worry about when Danny comes back though. Human nature to revert back to being most comfortable. Blessing in disguise if u ask me with Danny. If anyone noticed he had 10 catches 1st game. On pace for 160. Now Brady will have chemistry with everyone when they are healthy and that allows him to use the whole field. If Danny never goes out, do the rooks get this much action. Most likely not. Everything is moving along just fine IMO

I've thought the very same thing and that applies to Gronkowski, as well.  The fact that the team has had to endure with these two prolific receivers out of the game has been a big benefit to the newest receivers.  To me, this has only helped to accelerate their learning process and I think the team will be reaping those rewards as we head into the second half of the season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I've thought the very same thing and that applies to Gronkowski, as well.  The fact that the team has had to endure with these two prolific receivers out of the game has been a big benefit to the newest receivers.  To me, this has only helped to accelerate their learning process and I think the team will be reaping those rewards as we head into the second half of the season.

Exactly! This season so far is just like life n general. It may not always start well or look pretty but this team will def. be better for facing all the adversity they have. Just think, this team has probably been written off since Wes left and AH got locked up. Once things start going their way, the simultaneous feeling of F - You, Dont talk to ME! starts settling in and THEY start believing...... Thats a dangerous mix.

Sections
Shortcuts