The Benny watch - week 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The Benny watch - week 5

9 rushes for 14 yards, 1.6 a carry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: The Benny watch - week 5

Not good lol. Bernard Scott looked solid the few times I saw him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

You keep putting this boojum up here, I'll keep callng it irrelevant. Because that's what it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You keep putting this boojum up here, I'll keep callng it irrelevant. Because that's what it is.

[/QUOTE]

That's nice. One question though. Why respond to irrelevance? I'm pretty sure nobody is holding a .44 magnum to your head and forcing you to check the Benny watch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

9 rushes for 16 yards, 1.6 a carry.

[/QUOTE]

9 for 14, actually.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

The thread could serve a dual purpose as currently titled.   Watson had 1 catch for 1 yard. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

9 for 14, actually.

[/QUOTE]

Right. Fixed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The thread could serve a dual purpose as currently titled.   Watson had 1 catch for 1 yard. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah or moss Having only one catch as well. BB sure knows when to unload these guys!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah or moss Having only one catch as well. BB sure knows when to unload these guys!

[/QUOTE]

I was going with the fact that BJGE and Watson could both go by "Benny".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But Moss got almost as many yards on one catch as Benny got with 9 carries, LMAO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I like the guys we have now over either one of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lil lucky.

'wouldve resigned him if they could have and probably started him over ridley this year and we never find out how spectacular ridley can be. (in fact with this treatment around the fumble, it may destroy his confidence eventually and affecthis game [even casue more fumbles).

bb's tendencies (re playing bjge over ridley last year and this if we had him).

he should have played ridley last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

9 for 14, actually.

[/QUOTE]

Right. Fixed.

[/QUOTE]

its a great thread.

many wanted us to keep benny and coudnt understand why i wanted to play ridley form game one last year.

and if he signed a friendly deal he may have been the lead back still here.

very  relevant thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Benny seems like a great guy and a hard worker, but there's a reason BB didn't make any effort at all to re-sign him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

I like the guys we have now over either one of them.

[/QUOTE]

Then those are the guys we should be discussing, not the ones who have moved on ad infiniitum.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Watson was soft, he could catch pretty well, but nowhere near what Gronk and Hernandez can do right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

9 for 14, actually.

[/QUOTE]

Right. Fixed.

[/QUOTE]

its a great thread.

many wanted us to keep benny and coudnt understand why i wanted toplay him form game one last year.

very  relevant thread.

[/QUOTE]

And if the queen had male genitalia... well, you know the saying... BJGE chose to sign with the Bengals. What he does there is relevant to them, not to the Patriots. I can't help but see this as beating a dead horse.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

9 for 14, actually.

[/QUOTE]

Right. Fixed.

[/QUOTE]

its a great thread.

many wanted us to keep benny and coudnt understand why i wanted toplay him form game one last year.

very  relevant thread.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly - were you one of the guys that were ridiculed when you said that Benny just wasn't a good enough runner and therefore shouldn't be getting touches? Because I was one of them. I even tried to explain myself, but the dope Rusty and his bud truechamp kept on trucking on the Benny wagon.

This is what Benny could do...he can follow blocks very well and he runs at a excellent pad level. This is what he can't do...he can not plant his leg and make a cut without losing all his speed, momentum and quickness.  He is much slower going to the right than the left. We always fed him on the off tackle run to the left - defenses figured it out and they also figured out that all they had to do was over pursue, because the guy couldn't take advantage of the absolutely HUGE HUGE hole that was there all last season between the tackle and guard. The guy could never NEVER cut back into that hole. That's a move that these guys we have now do easily - Benny couldn't. Benny also couldn't catch, or break tackles without gaining a full head of steam. He NEVER could get around the corner and he doesn't have any ability to make tacklers miss.

He is a back up. There was a reason why he went undrafted. There was a reason why WE draftes TWO guys to replace him. And there was a reason why WE and hardly anyone else tried to resign him (despite having plenty of money to do so). Good guy...try hard...type you root for...just a backup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

9 for 14, actually.

[/QUOTE]

Right. Fixed.

[/QUOTE]

its a great thread.

very  relevant thread.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly - were you one of the guys that were ridiculed when you said that Benny just wasn't a good enough runner and therefore shouldn't be getting touches? Because I was one of them. I even tried to explain myself, but the dope Rusty and his bud truechamp kept on trucking on the Benny wagon.

This is what Benny could do...he can follow blocks very well and he runs at a excellent pad level. This is what he can't do...he can not plant his leg and make a cut without losing all his speed, momentum and quickness.  He is much slower going to the right than the left. We always fed him on the off tackle run to the left - defenses figured it out and they also figured out that all they had to do was over pursue, because the guy couldn't take advantage of the absolutely HUGE HUGE hole that was there all last season between the tackle and guard. The guy could never NEVER cut back into that hole. That's a move that these guys we have now do easily - Benny couldn't. Benny also couldn't catch, or break tackles without gaining a full head of steam. He NEVER could get around the corner and he doesn't have any ability to make tacklers miss.

He is a back up. There was a reason why he went undrafted. There was a reason why WE draftes TWO guys to replace him. And there was a reason why WE and hardly anyone else tried to resign him (despite having plenty of money to do so). Good guy...try hard...type you root for...just a backup.

[/QUOTE]

All true. But he's no longer New England's concern. He's moved on. The Patriots have moved on from him and so should we all. There is no need to re-hash these points every single week.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

According to Rotoworld....

Green-Ellis is running on fumes at this point. He was rode hard in the first month of the season for the first time in his career, and it's catching up with him. Bernard Scott returned from an ankle injury and rushed for 40 yards on five carries before leaving with a knee injury. If Scott can get back on the field soon, then he should handle much of the work between the 20's. Once BJGE gets his legs back under him, he could become a red zone touchdown threat again. Oct 7 - 4:54 PM

Ridley has 15 more runs than Green-Ellis and has 190 more yards and two less fumbles.... add in Bolden's 206 yards and the tandem has like 400 more yards than Green-Ellis... I like the way our new guys run with attitude and make yards after contact...

I like Green-Ellis but he is gone and our new guys are doing great... GO PATS

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Green-Ellis is running on fumes at this point. He was rode hard in the first month of the season for the first time in his career, and it's catching up with him. Bernard Scott returned from an ankle injury and rushed for 40 yards on five carries before leaving with a knee injury. If Scott can get back on the field soon, then he should handle much of the work between the 20's. Once BJGE gets his legs back under him, he could become a red zone touchdown threat again. Oct 7 - 4:54 PM

Ridley has 15 more runs than Green-Ellis and has 190 more yards and two less fumbles.... add in Bolden's 206 yards and the tandem has like 400 more yards than Green-Ellis... I like the way our new guys run with attitude and make yards after contact...

[/QUOTE]

See I find this to be BS. He was run too much??? It was September for christ's sake - we are not talking late December and the guy is reaching the 500 carry mark here at 32 years old. He's what? 27? 26? Everyone  talks about the condition of this guy...how hard he works out in the off season...the type of condition his body is in. He's just average - that's the problem - and now people are seeing what happens when he gets the ball more consistently. Good guuuuy...try haaaaard...doesn't fumble...team first...but not very good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

See I find this to be BS. He was run too much??? It was September for christ's sake - we are not talking late December and the guy is reaching the 500 carry mark here at 32 years old. He's what? 27? 26? Everyone  talks about the condition of this guy...how hard he works out in the off season...the type of condition his body is in. He's just average - that's the problem - and now people are seeing what happens when he gets the ball more consistently. Good guuuuy...try haaaaard...doesn't fumble...team first...but not very good.

[/QUOTE]

And not New England's problem. The BS here is that he's being discussed as though he is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And not New England's problem. The BS here is that he's being discussed as though he is.

[/QUOTE]

See this is where you probably are getting confused - this is a pissing match between several of us - it has gone on for two years now. It is about why we didn't run Benny as much as some thought he should of been run last year and about why Belichick decided it was a better idea to throw the ball, instead of hand it to Benny.

This is what we do around here - we rub salt into the wounds of those we argue with - it's fun and they deserve it!! What's wrong with that?

Personally I'm loving this. It's not taking up a lot of cyber space and it's not hurting Benny's feelings. Benny got his cash and he deserves it...gooood guy...tries haaaard...doesn't fumble...but only a back up...no reason to take the ball out of Brady's hands.

This is nothing but good clean fun. Period. Where the hell is true champ????? True Champ!! True Champ!!!! (echo down a canyon).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

See this is where you probably are getting confused - this is a pissing match between several of us - it has gone on for two years now. It is about why we didn't run Benny as much as some thought he should of been run last year and about why Belichick decided it was a better idea to throw the ball, instead of hand it to Benny.

This is what we do around here - we rub salt into the wounds of those we argue with - it's fun and they deserve it!! What's wrong with that?

Personally I'm loving this. It's not taking up a lot of cyber space and it's not hurting Benny's feelings. Benny got his cash and he deserves it...gooood guy...tries haaaard...doesn't fumble...but only a back up...no reason to take the ball out of Brady's hands.

This is nothing but good clean fun. Period. Where the hell is true champ????? True Champ!! True Champ!!!! (echo down a canyon).

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't realize this was personal. Have at it. Go ahead and beat dat hoss. However, I will continue to call these threads irrelevant every week.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Babe is more concerned with BJGE than he is with another two fumbles by our own offense.

Sections
Shortcuts