The Benny watch - week 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: The Benny watch - week 5

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Babe is more concerned with BJGE than he is with another two fumbles by our own offense.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Rusty.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not good lol. Bernard Scott looked solid the few times I saw him.

[/QUOTE]

And there goes Scott with a torn ACL. Who's their 3rd string? Is it still Cedric Peerman? This is Lawfirm's backfield now!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

And to think of all the s**t I took last year for calling out Maroney lite or in years past Laura herself.

All you non believers and haters of the truth.  This is what a real running game looks like.  God bless BB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll tell you what - if Benny doesn't break out next week against the woefull Brown's run defense...it will be embarrassing. I actually think the pro Benny guys may be able to rub it in next week, because Benny may end up with 60-80 yards against a team that gave up 275 yards last week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Benny seems like a great guy and a hard worker, but there's a reason BB didn't make any effort at all to re-sign him. 

[/QUOTE]

Amen.  And there is a reason he drafted RBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  But how or why we need to point out weekly that he's having a mediocre season in Cincy is beyond me.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the guys we have now over either one of them.

[/QUOTE]

Then those are the guys we should be discussing, not the ones who have moved on ad infiniitum.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I think this thread is intended to stir the pot a little.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

This is what we do around here - we rub salt into the wounds of those we argue with - it's fun and they deserve it!! What's wrong with that?

Lol! And it's very entertaining to read!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I for one will continue to root for BJGE in Cincy. He maxed out his potentiel in NE (thanks to Belichek and Brady) and he played as hard as he could. Cincy is a badly run organization and like most teams they should know that Belichek does not discard top flight players unless someone else is going to overpay (Law, Samuel, Seymour). The Patriots moved on (rightfully so), and I won't rub it in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

What's the point of this stupid thread? Green Ellis don't play for the Pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

9 rushes for 16 yards, 1.6 a carry.

[/QUOTE]

9 for 14, actually.

[/QUOTE]

Right. Fixed.

[/QUOTE]

its a great thread.

many wanted us to keep benny and coudnt understand why i wanted toplay him form game one last year.

and if he signed a friendly deal he may have been the lead back still here.

very  relevant thread.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly - were you one of the guys that were ridiculed when you said that Benny just wasn't a good enough runner and therefore shouldn't be getting touches? Because I was one of them. I even tried to explain myself, but the dope Rusty and his bud truechamp kept on trucking on the Benny wagon.

This is what Benny could do...he can follow blocks very well and he runs at a excellent pad level. This is what he can't do...he can not plant his leg and make a cut without losing all his speed, momentum and quickness.  He is much slower going to the right than the left. We always fed him on the off tackle run to the left - defenses figured it out and they also figured out that all they had to do was over pursue, because the guy couldn't take advantage of the absolutely HUGE HUGE hole that was there all last season between the tackle and guard. The guy could never NEVER cut back into that hole. That's a move that these guys we have now do easily - Benny couldn't. Benny also couldn't catch, or break tackles without gaining a full head of steam. He NEVER could get around the corner and he doesn't have any ability to make tacklers miss.

He is a back up. There was a reason why he went undrafted. There was a reason why WE draftes TWO guys to replace him. And there was a reason why WE and hardly anyone else tried to resign him (despite having plenty of money to do so). Good guy...try hard...type you root for...just a backup.

[/QUOTE]

very well said.

will say it again. hes a 3, and preferably not on the patriots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

9 rushes for 16 yards, 1.6 a carry.

[/QUOTE]

9 for 14, actually.

[/QUOTE]

Right. Fixed.

[/QUOTE]

its a great thread.

many wanted us to keep benny and coudnt understand why i wanted toplay him form game one last year.

and if he signed a friendly deal he may have been the lead back still here.

very  relevant thread.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly - were you one of the guys that were ridiculed when you said that Benny just wasn't a good enough runner and therefore shouldn't be getting touches? Because I was one of them. I even tried to explain myself, but the dope Rusty and his bud truechamp kept on trucking on the Benny wagon.

This is what Benny could do...he can follow blocks very well and he runs at a excellent pad level. This is what he can't do...he can not plant his leg and make a cut without losing all his speed, momentum and quickness.  He is much slower going to the right than the left. We always fed him on the off tackle run to the left - defenses figured it out and they also figured out that all they had to do was over pursue, because the guy couldn't take advantage of the absolutely HUGE HUGE hole that was there all last season between the tackle and guard. The guy could never NEVER cut back into that hole. That's a move that these guys we have now do easily - Benny couldn't. Benny also couldn't catch, or break tackles without gaining a full head of steam. He NEVER could get around the corner and he doesn't have any ability to make tacklers miss.

He is a back up. There was a reason why he went undrafted. There was a reason why WE draftes TWO guys to replace him. And there was a reason why WE and hardly anyone else tried to resign him (despite having plenty of money to do so). Good guy...try hard...type you root for...just a backup.

[/QUOTE]

All true. But he's no longer New England's concern. He's moved on. The Patriots have moved on from him and so should we all. There is no need to re-hash these points every single week.

[/QUOTE]

excuse me, sports discussions are abotu every topic related to sports. discussing the past is at least half of what sports is about. furhter, i dotn think its up to any one perosn to determine what is worthy of discussion and what isnt. dotn like it. of course you can go to another thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to Rotoworld....

Green-Ellis is running on fumes at this point. He was rode hard in the first month of the season for the first time in his career, and it's catching up with him. Bernard Scott returned from an ankle injury and rushed for 40 yards on five carries before leaving with a knee injury. If Scott can get back on the field soon, then he should handle much of the work between the 20's. Once BJGE gets his legs back under him, he could become a red zone touchdown threat again. Oct 7 - 4:54 PM

Ridley has 15 more runs than Green-Ellis and has 190 more yards and two less fumbles.... add in Bolden's 206 yards and the tandem has like 400 more yards than Green-Ellis... I like the way our new guys run with attitude and make yards after contact...

I like Green-Ellis but he is gone and our new guys are doing great... GO PATS

[/QUOTE]

See I find this to be BS. He was run too much??? It was September for christ's sake - we are not talking late December and the guy is reaching the 500 carry mark here at 32 years old. He's what? 27? 26? Everyone  talks about the condition of this guy...how hard he works out in the off season...the type of condition his body is in. He's just average - that's the problem - and now people are seeing what happens when he gets the ball more consistently. Good guuuuy...try haaaaard...doesn't fumble...team first...but not very good.

[/QUOTE]

And not New England's problem. The BS here is that he's being discussed as though he is.

[/QUOTE]

you cant say the sober facts on this site. 100 people will attack you for years if you do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Sober facts? You can't say anything here without being attacked.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

by the way, very odd phenomena, that 20 or more people who cannot see somethng you see (often sadly) mount personal attacks, namecalling, stalking around the board, then when the thing you point outed out (very early) comes to be the accepted reality even to them, not only do they not want to discuss it, but if you bring up the matter, they think its cool to attack for that.

ever heard of accountabilty and responsiility? giving credit where credit is due? its like there is a fear of losing something by givigng credit or attibution. sad and i hope it changes. thankfully one place on this board that kind of decency and humanity is common (on the draft thread).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 15315k's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's the point of this stupid thread? Green Ellis don't play for the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

No point crusty. So go whine somewhere else.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sober facts? You can't say anything here without being attacked.

[/QUOTE]

i hear you. very sad and a bit pathetic (the only- and big - downside to this board)

but you can say any homerism, jingoistic, make pretend, go with the crowd comment and get loads of support.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Bjge had 1700 yards and 24 tds As a split time back in 2seasons. I wish we had actually drafted RB talent before last year but it simply wasn't in the offensive game plan. We had Ridley last year too but only had 2 tes on the roster propelling Brady to throw 600 times. Are you telling me that Ridley getting 150 and Benny getting 150 wouldn't have worked last year? We wouldn't know cuz OB would have had to used his mind.. 1700 yards 24 tds zero fumbles as an undrafted FA....what a bum!

Now under Mcdaniels we have a new philosophy, it's called punch you in the mouth and run all over you. Be thankful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bjge had 1700 yards and 24 tds As a split time back in 2seasons. I wish we had actually drafted RB talent before last year but it simply wasn't in the offensive game plan. We had Ridley last year too but only had 2 tes on the roster propelling Brady to throw 600 times. Are you telling me that Ridley getting 150 and Benny getting 150 wouldn't have worked last year? We wouldn't know cuz OB would have had to used his mind.. 1700 yards 24 tds zero fumbles as an undrafted FA....what a bum!

Now under Mcdaniels we have a new philosophy, it's called punch you in the mouth and run all over you. Be thankful.

[/QUOTE]

" Be thankful."

i am.

and the run seemed to be moved after the pass failed, a lot (and maybe with bb in josh's ear, "run the damn ball"). once we ran, the pass got much easier. still josh was spotty sunday.

we ahve a ferrari, will josh learn to drive it or default to his tendencies.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

" Be thankful."

i am.

and the run seemed to be moved after the pass failed, a lot (and maybe with bb in josh's ear, "run the damn ball"). once we ran, the pass got much easier. still josh was spotty sunday.

[/QUOTE]

You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really don't think McD is autonomous in the increased use of a better running game to say the least. There is zero evidence to show that is the case. Rather, BB investing in not one but two high draft picks on runners shows what he had in mind and whether it was McDaniels or OB his wishes were going to be applied.

And I'm happy for Benny. He had no business even being in the NFL but got a shot and played his ace off. Good for him. He should have a few million for his hard work. And I agree he is a pretty good backup RB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

" Be thankful."

i am.

[/QUOTE]

If anybody thinks BB is just letting these coordinators do whatever the hell they want, they haven't been paying attention the last decade or so. He will let them do their job and make choices from play to play, but the direction of the team is entirely within his control. And that is probably more so for BB than any coach around.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

True champ, you have to be out of your mind if you think Benny was good enough to handle more carries and more opportunities.There's a reason why he's gone and killing the Bengal's running game right now. Some get it, some don't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This really needs to stop...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This really needs to stop...

[/QUOTE]

Apparently not given that people are still arguing that Benny and the offense would have been better if only we ran him more.  You'd think that his performance with Cincy combined with the fact that Belichick didn't pay him peanuts and also drafted 2 running backs when he was coming off his best season would be enough evidence.  Law Firm was a good guy and a hard worker, but he imo was not a guy who will get you a lot yards that aren't blocked.  BB in interviews has stated explicitly that he thinks that getting more than what is blocked is one of the most important characteristics for a RB and that the coaching staff monitors this stat throughout the season.  Do the math.

Sections
Shortcuts