The best and the worst DBs on the roster (minus Aqib Talib)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The best and the worst DBs on the roster (minus Aqib Talib)

The worst three Patriots CBs starting from the worst (Sterling Moore)

1.) Sterling Moore (82% completion percentage with a QBR of 133.24)

2.) Kyle Arrington (75.68 completion percentage with a QBR of 149.83)

3.) Ras-I Dowling (80% completion percentage with a QBR of 90.83)

Best Patriots CBs starting from the best...(Marquice Cole)

1.) Marquice Cole (0% completion percentage with a QBR of 0) Shut down slot CB. 

2.) Alfonzo Dennard (45.83% completion percentage with a QBR of 42.1)

3.) Devin McCourty ( 50.83% completion percentage with a QBR of 81.41)---Sad that he's ranked that high. 

Best cover safety is Patrick Chung with a completion % of 52.17 and a 113.86 QBR. Worst all around DB...Nate Ebner with a completion % of 100% and 158.3 QBR. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: The best and the worst DBs on the roster (minus Aqib Talib)

Do you have the league averages?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The worst three Patriots CBs starting from the worst (Sterling Moore)

1.) Sterling Moore (82% completion percentage with a QBR of 133.24)

2.) Kyle Arrington (75.68 completion percentage with a QBR of 149.83)

3.) Ras-I Dowling (80% completion percentage with a QBR of 90.83)

Best Patriots CBs starting from the best...(Marquice Cole)

1.) Marquice Cole (0% completion percentage with a QBR of 0) Shut down slot CB. 

2.) Alfonzo Dennard (45.83% completion percentage with a QBR of 42.1)

3.) Devin McCourty ( 50.83% completion percentage with a QBR of 81.41)---Sad that he's ranked that high. 

Best cover safety is Patrick Chung with a completion % of 52.17 and a 113.86 QBR. Worst all around DB...Nate Ebner with a completion % of 100% and 158.3 QBR. 

[/QUOTE]

throw those out the window

everyone and their brother in the nfl knows chung cant cover his eyes, never mind any receiver.

talib can compete best agaisnt a wr

then dennard, then cole.

mccourty can cover ok going forward and not at all going backward.

the rest dont deserve a comment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

the key number missing is number of targets. I would guess Cole has 5 or less targets and Ebner has 1 or 2 targets, while arrington and probably has 30. Very skewed statistics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the key number missing is number of targets. I would guess Cole has 5 or less targets and Ebner has 1 or 2 targets, while arrington and probably has 30. Very skewed statistics.

[/QUOTE]

that being said, arrington should be dropped in offseason.

he is very poor. and has been longer than this year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm just surprised how many positive things I've heard about Talib this week. I've heard he is the most gifted corner in the NFL from...who was it? Can't remember. I also read that he is a 10 million plus a year corner. Could you imagine if he played to that level for us? Everytime I've seen him play (and it hasn't been a lot) I see a guy that is big, fast, fluid and can break on the ball. Guys like this don't come available unless they are really really bad dudes. I fear he may be that.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Arrington had a horrible game two weeks ago. He was lit up very badly. Ras really can't be put into a category because he can't get on the field. If he could I think he'd be decent but at this point the guy is a bust. I'd put Moore above Arrington right now but that isn't saying much. 

Dennard is the only guy who has really shown something. He makes mistakes but he is playing well. McCourty is competent but not the star guy he looked like he could be. I think Dennard will end up being the better corner between the two, but perhaps McCourty will end up being a safety.

If Talib works out, he's the #1 and Dennard I think will eventually end up #2.

I haven't seen Cole play as much but it can't be worse than Arrington.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Macrawn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Arrington had a horrible game two weeks ago. He was lit up very badly. Ras really can't be put into a category because he can't get on the field. If he could I think he'd be decent but at this point the guy is a bust. I'd put Moore above Arrington right now but that isn't saying much. 

Dennard is the only guy who has really shown something. He makes mistakes but he is playing well. McCourty is competent but not the star guy he looked like he could be. I think Dennard will end up being the better corner between the two, but perhaps McCourty will end up being a safety.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's kind of weird to think that our starting corners could potentially be a guy that punched a cop and a guy that has punched just about everyone else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

pretty funny....goes to show you, choir boys need not apply

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Macrawn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's kind of weird to think that our starting corners could potentially be a guy that punched a cop and a guy that has punched just about everyone else.

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Not at home, guys. I'll upload everything when I get there, I didn't memorize the sight and so I don't have it available as of now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that being said, arrington should be dropped in offseason.

he is very poor. and has been longer than this year

Pretty much agree that Arrington's coverage skills are woefully inadequate, but feel that he has some value on Special Teams because he is a good tackler. Having said that, I don't know whether that is enough to keep him on the roster, but Slater is still around and his value only seems to be his ST strenghs.

[/QUOTE]