The best part about the loss...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The best part about the loss...

Is that all the Pats have to do to take control of the division is to beat the Jets at home this Sunday, and the universe will be back in sync.

The Pats young DBs are getting meaningful experience in games that are not make or break your season deals. The offense will clean up the red zone issues. Both sides of the ball will get better at closing the deal. Lots of football left people, come in off the ledge and enjoy it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: The best part about the loss...

Kind of disagree on the defensive back part of it - I don't see how getting smoked and embarrassed by a rookie/ nothing QB helps.

I will say the silver lining is Chandler Jones, he has five sacks in six games and should have ten if he wasn't held so much on every play. He's a real good player and if there was another pass rush threat on the other side, he'd be even better. Like his future potential...a real good example of what happens when you trade up and acquire a player you target. Instead of trading back and hoping a guy will still be there (and end up selecting a corner that will be out of the league when his contract is up).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I am not sure how getting beating by a below average QB with below average receivers make these guys better. McCourty (3rd year), Chung (4th year) and Arrington (5th) year have more than enough NFL experience at this point. I think they are what they are.

Wilson and Dennard are still very young, but since the Patriots have not developed a good DB since Samuel I do not expect too much from them. Not sure what is up with Dowling. I thought he was going to be a starter and he can barely get on the field. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I too do not see the secondary improving whatsoever. Sorry but they are completely inept.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

ditto on Jones.........he's a gamer

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

kind of like the Jets and SF right Leon? 35-0. Who was the QB for your team in that game? They LOOKED PRETTY BAD.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

hey Phatty........he'll introduce himself to Sanchez ...is it Tebow time yet??

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Ohh man the roaches are out. They will crawl back after they lose this sunday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

For me, the best part about the Pats being just another .500 team is rejuvenated passion.

I'll just go ahead and admit it: I fully expected not to have to worry about this team until at least the conference championship, and now I have legitimate concerns that they might not make it out of the first round (I still cannot comprehend this team not winning the division) . . .   and in an odd sort of way, that's a good thing. It's about time Pats fan learned a little humility and once again had to "sweat" every opponent. I think maybe that lucking into a conference championship they didn't really deserve last season has made people believe that that team -- and by extension, this team -- was a lot better than it really was, and maybe simply assuming that New England is a better team this year -- even though the results do not bear out such an assumption -- is more a product of wishful (hopeful?) thinking than anything scientific.

Either that, or I could be entirely wrong.

The good news is that we get to smack the bejeezus out of New Jersey this weekend, which is always satisfying, no matter what else does or does not happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

My point is that Pats are playing with a VERY young secondary. Dennard and Wilson (rookies) have both made some good plays. Ras-I Dowling is essentially a rookie, and he has held his own when out there too. Ebner not so much but its really not fair to put a guy with NO experience on the field at crunch time. McCourty is still only in his 3rd year (go ahead and beat me up). Not having a true veteran leader or two out there is hurting this group, and it takes time for a secondary to learn to work together. As exasperating as it is being a fan to watch this, I'm not giving up on them, they haven't begun to reach their potential yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Jets got killed by the 49ers. No arguing that but the pats looked inept including Brady against the Seahawks while the Jets looked pretty good in all phases of the game against the Colts . So the obvious choice here is the Jets

Remember-after the game no excuses. I saw a bunch of you trying to make a point about "holding" was the reason that the pats lost last week.Too weak of an argument to even discuss. Holding??? really!?

[/QUOTE]

Leon...Leon...Leon

Pats looked inept against # 1 defense ?

Jets looked pretty good in all phases of game against Colts?

weak argument even for you.....lol

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

We'll see come Sunday now won't we my horribly accented neighbor from the North. Jets did look good, real good last Sunday.

The pats looked bad,real bad last Sunday. I'll take the Jets

[/QUOTE]

Looks like you are the only one. The line for this game opened at 7.5 and has already jumped all the way up to between 10.5 and 12, meaning ALL of the $$ is being placed on the Pats.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/sheridan.htm

I'll take the Pats.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The best part is all of the Patrriot fans lined up on the bridge with nothing left to live for.

[/QUOTE]

Watching Jets fans get their hopes up again.  Hahaha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The secondary is young.  One of the aspects of the 2003 and 2004 SB teams that seems to be overlooked is that the secondary had played together, largely in tact, for a couple of years and virtually all of them were seasoned veterans.  This is a young secondary and I also believe they have the potential to improve.  Whether or not they actually do is a matter of wait and see.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Yeah but, the Seachickens are one of the best teams in the NFL (the rule is any team that beats the Patriots automatically becomes on of the NFLs best teams) and the Colts are awful, have not beaten any decent teams and have a rookie QB.  The Jets can't stop the run, are missing their only good player in Revis and along with the Dolphins are one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Now you're getting it! I knew you'd come around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]Is that all the Pats have to do to take control of the division is to beat the Jets at home this Sunday, and the universe will be back in sync.

The Pats young DBs are getting meaningful experience in games that are not make or break your season deals. The offense will clean up the red zone issues. Both sides of the ball will get better at closing the deal. Lots of football left people, come in off the ledge and enjoy it...
    [/QUOTE]

Optimism, that's a rarity in these parts. I'm with ya.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ditto on Jones.........he's a gamer

[/QUOTE]

Wow!  This talk of Jones is just so much like the talk of McCourty in his rookie year.  

[/QUOTE]

Let's put it this way, Leon:  Your team lost to SF by more points than the Pats will lose combined throughout the season.  Right now, the Pats have 3 losses by a total of 4 points.

For perspective, you guys couldn't even hang 4 pts on a team that just got beat by the real New York team.

Funny thing about you is, you never seem to show when the Jets lose.  Funnier than that is the fact that Jets' season tickets are a) still available and, b) selling for $50 per seat.

Only way we hear from you on Monday is if the Jets win. 

Sections
Shortcuts