The Best QB of all time (Manning) is now 9-10 in the playoffs!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

The Best QB of all time (Manning) is now 9-10 in the playoffs!!

For those who stillwant to argue that Manning is a better QB than Brady,well in reading articles that only quote regular seasons stats Manning comes out ahead, but in the most important stat, won-loss in the regular season and playoffs Brady comes out way ahead whereas Manning is only 9-10. Some writers state that Brady has played for better teams over the years, therefore more playoff wins. Meanwhile they ignore the fact that Manning has been fortunate to play with some of recieving corps in recent years while Brady continues to win with no-name recievers.

Mannings regular season record is 131-60 while Brady's is 97-30. Playoffs as stated Manning is 9-10 while Brady I believe is 14-4. Nuff said. I'll take Brady any day. 

Hetchinspete  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Re: The Best QB of all time (Manning) is now 9-10 in the playoffs!!

Yeah - But according to Rex, Brady only thinks he's smart.

If Rex beat an old lady in a wheel chair she'd be the smartest QB he ever faced.

To me its so awesome that Rex Ryan is soooo intimidated by Brady and BB that he has to keep complimenting Payton Manning and ignore the obvious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: The Best QB of all time (Manning) is now 9-10 in the playoffs!!:
    Yeah - But according to Rex, Brady only thinks he's smart. If Rex beat an old lady in a wheel chair she'd be the smartest QB he ever faced. To me its so awesome that Rex Ryan is soooo intimidated by Brady and BB that he has to keep complimenting Payton Manning and ignore the obvious.
    Posted by pymus1

Yeah, for a guy who isn't going to kiss BB's rings and didn't go to the Jets to bow down to the Pats, he sure seems to mention them a lot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LOL at NFL films having Manning so high in that dumb top 100 players crap they put together.  Brady over Manning all day!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

"Cut that meat! Cut that meat! Cut that meat!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

What ever happened to that guy Matt (the unapologetic) Patriots fan that the NFL channel used to have in their commercials? That guy was awesome.

"I'm not really changing the play, I'm just flapping my arms around because it looks smart n' cool"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

More Pro Bowlers on Manning's rosters
    Both have had one top-5 defense and 3 in the top 20's
    Both had three defenses ranked 9th, 10th, 11th
    Brady's Super Bowl numbers are better than his regular season numbers and playoff numbers
    Manning's decline in the Super Bowl
    Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, Samuel, Seymour, Moss gone. Yet Brady keeps winning.

Brady has a better indoor QB rating: 103.1 vs. 99.5
    Brady has a better outdoor QB rating: 93.4 vs. 90.7

Brady has a much better playoff record: 14-4 vs. 9-10.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to The Best QB of all time (Manning) is now 9-10 in the playoffs!!:
    For those who stillwant to argue that Manning is a better QB than Brady,well in reading articles that only quote regular seasons stats Manning comes out ahead, but in the most important stat, won-loss in the regular season and playoffs Brady comes out way ahead whereas Manning is only 9-10. Some writers state that Brady has played for better teams over the years, therefore more playoff wins. Meanwhile they ignore the fact that Manning has been fortunate to play with some of recieving corps in recent years while Brady continues to win with no-name recievers. Mannings regular season record is 131-60 while Brady's is 97-30. Playoffs as stated Manning is 9-10 while Brady I believe is 14-4. Nuff said. I'll take Brady any day.  Hetchinspete  
    Posted by Hetchinspete

Brady's reg. season stats are actually much better than Poutins.  His win to loss ratio is much better. ( 2.18 compared to Toms 3.23) Brady would really have to su ck  for the next 4 years to dumb down to Poutins stats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Wow, what a pathetic choker, couldn't even beat the 6th seed in the safety of his own dome with Polian's goons looking after him.  

Well at least he'll continue to dominate the commercials.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

Manning is 141-66
    Brady is    111-32

All things being fair (and we know everyone here is FAIR), Manning did his job tonight. It was the Defense.  Because if you think Manning lost this game, then you believe Brady lost Super Bowl 42. Simple.

Sometimes you can be on the losing team and still play great!  just ask Tom Brady in 2006 vs. indy.  Its ok to admit.

I think you all are so obsessed with this comparison. Napoleon Syndrome.  Stop worrying what Manning does and focus on the Pats winning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Manning bombed in the second half.  Six points.  The Jets were not that good tonight, so that made Manning's game even worse. 

Cromartie played D like a pixie.  Did you see him faint away from that tackle in the red zone? He redeemed himself with the big kick return, but what a wussy performance.

If the Jets' coaches (Schottenheimer) had called a better offensive game  (how about those last two stupid plays on the next-to-last drive?) this game is a Jets blow-out.  Manning and the Colts sucked. Their only player who showed up was AV, of course. After what I saw tonight, neither team would have frightened me in the post-season.

My faviorite part was that the two teams that are the worst offenders for holding had to play each other and the officials wouldn't call holding.  You had the Colts' O-line hooking every other pass rusher and the Jets DBs holding every other Colts' receiver.  I loved it. They were dosey-doeing like jamboree dancers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

You simply have to replace "best" with "most popular". That's how you get a top spot on any of those lists. Why was Jerry Rice ahead of Montana? Joe was winning SBs before Rice came along, and is probably a huge factor in why Rice was so good. I'm sure Tom Brady would tell you he couldn't care less about any list. For him it's not about being better than Manning. It's being better than he was himself the last game. When all is said and done, and both are retired and in the HOF, history will show who the better of the two truly was!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yeah, not news to Pats fans, to be labeled the best nad be the best choker in the history of the league just doesn't equal best.

TB is the best

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I think I heard that Sachez is 3-1 in playoffs. Does that mean he's a great QB?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: The Best QB of all time (Manning) is now 9-10 in the playoffs!!:
    Posted by anonymis

great, No. he needs a few more years under his belt. the key is: though you may have a winning record in the playoffs have you won anything else, like a super bowl. if not you're nothing till you do that, example Dan Marino, and Pouting Manning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: The Best QB of all time (Manning) is now 9-10 in the playoffs!! : great, No. he needs a few more years under his belt. the key is: though you may have a winning record in the playoffs have you won anything else, like a super bowl. if not you're nothing till you do that, example Dan Marino, and Pouting Manning.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

I was being sarcastic....lolFoot in mouth

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: The Best QB of all time (Manning) is now 9-10 in the playoffs!! : I was being sarcastic....lol
    Posted by anonymis

ok,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

this is how stupid some "experts" are. I don't know who he was, but on WEEI yesterday, I heard some guy talking about Brady/Manning. He said, basically, they're the same, except Brady is better in crunch time...but he'd still want Manning. What!?!?!

Basically the same, and you'd want the one who does WORSE when there is more on the line.

If the speaker can't see the stupidity of that statement, no discussion is even needed. Many of the Mannign supporters simply have tunnel vision. Kind of like that gym commercial "I pick thing up and then put them down...this is our blah blah machine...I pick things up and I put them down..."

"Manning is better...Brady has more rings...Manning is better...Brady has the TD record...Manning is better...Brady destroys his postseason record...Manning is better..."

Even though they see the cliff up ahead, the lemmings just blissfully trudge on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

What ever happened to that guy Matt (the unapologetic) Patriots fan that the NFL channel used to have in their commercials? That guy was awesome. "I'm not really changing the play, I'm just flapping my arms around because it looks smart n' cool"
    Posted by pymus1

Look up "Joe's Cafe" on youtube. Joe was, of course, Joe Montana who played the owner and grill cook.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

How stupid does Rex look now? He praises Manning over Brady and now he has to face Brady and the Pats in Foxborough in far worse weather than what Marky Mark saw in December.

Gomer has lost how many playoff games at home now? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Posted by anonymis

Not enough inclued other contexts, like his QB rating.

He's done very little in his 4 postseason games.  They protect him well, but it ends next week.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: The Best QB of all time (Manning) is now 9-10 in the playoffs!! : Not enough inclued other contexts, like his QB rating. He's done very little in his 4 postseason games.  They protect him well, but it ends next week.
    Posted by BBReigns

I know in New England it's expected that we should hate the Jests naturally because of the rivalry, and a lot because of Ryan's  blather mouth, but it's a bit too early in Sanchez's career to weigh in on how good he will be.

Years ago QBs useto sit on the bench and learn thier trade for four to five years before assuming a starting role. Now with offenses more complicated than ever QBs come right out of college and are expected to start. Look at what Drew Brees became with time to learn the league. Not saying Sanchez will eventually become a great QB, but he needs more time in the league before we really know how good or bad he may become. 

Hetchinspete.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

By the way in starting this post my intent is not to bad mouth Manning as he is one of the best, but I get really tired of reading articles comparing Brady and Manning with these socalled know it all writers favoring Manning

Manning's  record speaks for itself and what he's accomplished, but when it comes to crunch time Tom Brady's numbers speak even more of what he's accomplished, especially in playoff time.

I also still here rumblings from a few local trolls that Brady isn't the same as he was in Superbowl years etc, his arm isn't as strong & his desire to compete isn't the same. All one has to do is look at the sidelines during games to see TB's reaction to poor calls, broken routes etc and tell me he's gone soft. Trolls, crawl back in your holes with the groundhogs, but please don't come out in the Spring.

Hetchinspete

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Cool

Sections
Shortcuts