The best thing that happened to this team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

The best thing that happened to this team

Winning Ugly.

In all our great 13+ win seasons we had atleast a few games we won ugly. It's these kind of wins that create character. I am proud of the way they came back after the McCourty fumble. All you crybabies and whiners can take your crap off these boards since you're not true fans. 

Three Cheers to Winning Ugly. Hip Hip Hurray! Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: The best thing that happened to this team

In response to murghkhor's comment:

Winning Ugly.

In all our great 13+ win seasons we had atleast a few games we won ugly. It's these kind of wins that create character. I am proud of the way they came back after the McCourty fumble. All you crybabies and whiners can take your crap off these boards since you're not true fans. 

Yay ! The Pats squeaked out a pathetically ugly mid-season win against a team they should have pummeled decisively. Let's have some cake. Stfu, murgh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

just reality.  jets are worse than last year.  pats are better than last year

COACHING SUCKS THIS YEAR PERIODperiodPERIOD

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

This game could be the turning point for us this season!

Over the last couple of season, we have either won by a mile or lost by inches. This is the first game (in a LONG time) where we won a very tight game and defense sealed the win...could build confidence !

I was screaming obscenities at my screen, but I am glad that we won. Actually glad we won the way we did..(better than blowing them off).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I will admit that I was walking around my house cursing the defense and inept offense most of the game, but you are right. Some early/mid-season adversity will be good for the rookies and the team, and I was pleased that they came back and responded following the McCourty fumble.

The Pats need to figure out what they are. They need to let a rb get in a rhythm and learn how to finish. I'm not a fan of the Ridley/Vereen/Bolden/Woody running attack. I say go with Ridley and use Vereen or Woodhead as a third/passing down back.

Minus the fumble, I think McCourty gets a bad rap by the fans. He makes mistakes once in a while, but he is clearly the best DB on the team. The team needs to send more rushers more frequently. It seems like they just rush three or four guys and let the others drop back in coverage as the opposing QB performs surgery.

I can tell that I'm starting to ramble, so yeah... the win is nice and hopefully it will help the team come together.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

They haven't had enough 'adversity' losing 3 games by 4 total points?

The Jets simply out-s u c k e d the Pats. Before kicking the FG to go ahead, they had a HORRIBLE drop inside the 20 that would've milked the clock, and possibly led to a TD. The guy was WIDE OPEN, hit him in the hands, then the shoulder, then hit the ground. Atrocious. A gift the pats did not earn, nor deserve.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Winning Ugly.

Hurrah!

+1000

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I was thinking the same thing.  Winning a close game against a division rival.  Yeah, I think it builds character.  If you can't win the close tough games especially against teams in your own division, you're not gonna go very far.

The Pats are not world beaters...yet.  But coming out on the winning side instead of losing by one or two points like the previous three losses is a start.

Perseverence is a virtue.  I don't care who you're playing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

How can anyone say with a straight face that the Pats are better than last year. They were in the super bowl. Maybe you can say that in January but until then last years team looked better than this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

The Jets simply out-s u c k e d the Pats. Before kicking the FG to go ahead, they had a HORRIBLE drop inside the 20 that would've milked the clock, and possibly led to a TD. The guy was WIDE OPEN, hit him in the hands, then the shoulder, then hit the ground. Atrocious. A gift the pats did not earn, nor deserve.

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

How can anyone say with a straight face that the Pats are better than last year. They were in the super bowl. Maybe you can say that in January but until then last years team looked better than this.

well simple minded simpleton.  I'll explain it to you.  PLAYERS ON THE TEAM.
      PAts have a better assembled team this year with their good draft picks.  ALOT MORE TALENT.  HENCE BETTER.

COACHING IS HOLDING THEM BACK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

and the giants/patriots didnt deserve to host that sb.  we all know they were NOT the best two teams.  just cuz they are there don't mean didily squat. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Ugly game but I agree that it helps to win a close game , winning at the end.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I was thinking the same thing.  Winning a close game against a division rival.  Yeah, I think it builds character.  If you can't win the close tough games especially against teams in your own division, you're not gonna go very far.

The Pats are not world beaters...yet.  But coming out on the winning side instead of losing by one or two points like the previous three losses is a start.

Perseverence is a virtue.  I don't care who you're playing.

We won a game we should win.  who was ugly, but at least we won.  Both the offense and defense made the plays they needed to at the end.  Last week we lost ugly a game we should have won.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Winning Ugly.

" All you crybabies and whiners can take your crap off these boards since you're not true fans. "

you are full of crap with this.

a loyal fan doesnt just close their eyes to things that need to be addressed so this team does not flownder and say bb is the omniscient one .

to be proud, you gotta be the one playing the game yourself.

im happy enough plays were made in the end to finally win a close game. i wont play stupis and not say what is and what needs to be done to improve just so you can say im a loyal fan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

well simple minded simpleton.  I'll explain it to you.  PLAYERS ON THE TEAM.
      PAts have a better assembled team this year with their good draft picks.  ALOT MORE TALENT.  HENCE BETTER.

COACHING IS HOLDING THEM BACK

getdrunksupit,

"well simple minded simpleton.  I'll explain it to you.  PLAYERS ON THE TEAM.
      PAts have a better assembled team this year with their good draft picks.  ALOT MORE TALENT.  HENCE BETTER. COACHING IS HOLDING THEM BACK"

someone using their noggin for more than holding a hat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

exactly as i have it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Hog73's comment:

Winning Ugly.

Yay ! The Pats squeaked out a pathetically ugly mid-season win against a team they should have pummeled decisively. Let's have some cake. Stfu, murgh.

nuff said

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

How many Horrible drops did the Pats O have?  Lloyd had more drops than the whole jets O.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

How many Horrible drops did the Pats O have?  Lloyd had more drops than the whole jets O.

For all the crapping on the Defense or the Offense for this reason or that I think so far Lloyd has been a big disappointment. 

He makes some acrobatic catches and drops too many that are right there.

Great diving catching he made last week that was out of bounds.  I was reading that he slowed down on his route. If he didn't, he would have caught it in stride and more than likely in bounds.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

seems like brady is forcing it to lloyd when lloyd is covered....sure lloyd could have caught some of the passes, but some of it has to go on brady too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Better to win ugly then lose ugly and Lloyd has been a major bust so far.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Llyod is doing pretty much what he is capable of...better than what we had at that spot, but nothing that scares defenses. There was a reason why this guy was had for three million a season - its because he's nothing special.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Winning ugly yes..and losing ugly. I'll take the win and the advantage in the division. I would not say people who are worried are not true fans but there is reason to be optimistic even after a not exactly overpowering victory.

1. The weakest part of this team is still the youngest part of this team. It makes sense the secondary will improve noticeably by season end.

2. They have so many weapons on offense it is taking a while to get on the same page. Again, have faith, they will come together..and guess what a good backup at every position is not a bad thing, but it will take longer to gel, they certainly haven't yet.

Sections
Shortcuts