the BIG O is no mo.. ANYONE else cares?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: the BIG O is no mo.. ANYONE else cares?

Say what you want about Mazz and Felger....they engage the fans.

Remember, these folks are not experts per say but entertainers. Their job is to walk up to a bees nest and smack it with a stick and see what happens.

Ordway will resurface somewhere...but he needs to leave Steve and Fred behind as they did him no favors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I grew very tired of his radio thuggery years ago - between blowing up callers, Deossie threatening to meet guys in parking lots and Smerlas yelling at callers...glad it's done. Should of been gone years ago, and once they faced real competition it was. The other guy Pete "the meat" Sheppard was another fool that got ousted years ago. I won't miss them pumping Davios, or their cigar shops either. These three clowns even got their Patriot season tickets revoked when they started charging another 600 bucks for their New England tailgate parties by including a ticket in the package. And I'll never forget Steve Deossie's act after the Giants beat us in the Super Bowl, yet there he was back on Glenn's show in the fall. The good old boy network ends Friday.

There is a reason why people stopped listening.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

To tell the truth I have never listened to 98.5. Only listen periodically in the car and usually listen to Espn. Couldnt stand the big show. Cant stand FAN. Grew up on Chuck Wilson 

Chuck Wilson of ESPN?  Chuck Wilson is not that old.

Gee, you dont know everything? Chuck was on out of Providence when i was in my 20's. i much prefered him to Andelman. Better guests, Chuck doesnt have a lazy bone in his body. 

Had Joel Buschbaum, Gammons, Ryan on weekly. Great sports radio

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I grew very tired of his radio thuggery years ago - between blowing up callers, Deossie threatening to meet guys in parking lots and Smerlas yelling at callers...glad it's done. Should of been gone years ago, and once they faced real competition it was. The other guy Pete "the meat" Sheppard was another fool that got ousted years ago. I won't miss them pumping Davios, or their cigar shops either. These three clowns even got their Patriot season tickets revoked when they started charging another 600 bucks for their New England tailgate parties by including a ticket in the package. And I'll never forget Steve Deossie's act after the Giants beat us in the Super Bowl, yet there he was back on Glenn's show in the fall. The good old boy network ends Friday.

Yes, exactly this. The radio is no different than what we do here, except no audio!

The show survives by it's fan base, not listening to the 3 of them bloviating non-stop.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Actually, Sheppard was rehired and has a weekend gig if I'm not mistaken.  Interesting how listening tastes vary.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I didn't think the Jonathan Kraft thing was all that rough. The point was how the Jets had so much Talent and the Pats did not.

Well..as we know now..the Pat have CAP Room and the Jets are in CAP hell so Felger's assumption that equal money was being spent was not accurate.

But...that's Talk Radio..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Felger is what he is (with apologies to BB) and that is a contrarian.  My only real problem with him, apart from his pathologically annoying voice, is what appears to be a very needy ego that seems to drive him to present as though he were the story.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Felger is what he is (with apologies to BB) and that is a contrarian.  My only real problem with him, apart from his pathologically annoying voice, is what appears to be a very needy ego that seems to drive him to present as though he were the story.  

I can't tell whose voice is mor eannoying, Felger or Mazz. It's like they wanted the two most annoying personalities with the worst voices on the radio.

Yep.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I feel bad for Ordway really. He basically built EEI and Boston sports radio since as far as I can remember (I'm still fairly young). He actually hired most of the people that now run the station. There is no loyalty in business but for everything he did this was sad, and it's not like he was pulling bad ratings either. Now, I'm a big 98.5 fan but Ordway was a staple for a long time and it won't be the same around Boston without him.

Eddie Andelman

The first thing Ordway did after being named program director at WEEI back in the 90's was to move Eddie Andleman out of/and insert himself into the afternoon drive slot. Second thing he did was team Eddie up with Dale Arnold at midday, arguably the worst, most mismatched pairing in sports radio talk history. It was like an arranged marriage where both spouses barely tolerated one another. For the rest of of his time on 'EEI, Andleman was miserable

I hope, after the news broke yesterday about Ordway's shitcanning, that Andleman enjoyed a moment or two of schadenfreude

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Haha

Sarandis was awful, I agree. Most nights, I swear, he sounded like someone doing a parody of a sports talk host. His obsession with NCAA basketball was a real turn off to me. He was a big know-it-all with a dumb radio announcer voice 

Andleman was an "entertainer". If you went in looking for serious sports talk on his show, you went away disappointed. He was better on Sunday nights with his buddies, Mark and Jim

Edit: Never liked goody-two-shoes Dale either

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I didn't think the Jonathan Kraft thing was all that rough. The point was how the Jets had so much Talent and the Pats did not.

Well..as we know now..the Pat have CAP Room and the Jets are in CAP hell so Felger's assumption that equal money was being spent was not accurate.

Dude, he basically was mocking Kraft and not letting him speak. It was very childish and it reminds me of what Mt Hurl does here.

NE comes out of a lockout, on some  nice drafts, has their key players, (some of whom the best at their position) locked down, some nice FA signings, cash to play with for projects like Ocho and Haynesworth, and the guy was praising Mike Tannenbaum.  THIS during a season where NE goes into the SB and is a mere play away from winning it.

Meanwhile. the Jets went for it all, failed, failed miserably again and are a laughingstock.  Felger couldn't have been more incorrect in his analysis.

The arrogance is amazing.  He acts like the cap doesn't exist and then mocks Jonathan Kraft for employing BB as GM with Caserio and Reese? I mean, are you kidding me here?  Fans in other markets would think this guy is a cuckoo.

Meanwhile, the few times I have tuned in to hear them confess how wrong they were, they won't do it, and then they actually bypass Brady's struggles to boot. Hilarious. It's sort of like some on this board.  It's even funnier the Mt Hurls and RKarps were beating that "The Jets are doing it the best!" drum right alongside them, too. Morons.

Felger is a moron. I get that he plays contrarian, but to seriously lose all credibility in the process is where he goes over the line.

You can't come back from horrendous analysis like that and be taken seriously.

Why do you turn my comments of the Jets are not in salary cap hell into "the Jets way is the best way". I have never, ever said that. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I don't receive Boston radio so I'm stuck with Dale Duff and Clem LaBree but when I first saw Glenn Ordway on tv, he gave me a feeling of deja vu. That voice was so familiar but I couldn't place it. It wasn't until later on after I looked up his bio that I realized who the voice was that was coming from that unfamiliar face. He was the voice beside the legendary Johhny Most "Bird fiddles and diddles" on the Celtics broadcast.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I feel bad for Ordway really. He basically built EEI and Boston sports radio since as far as I can remember (I'm still fairly young). He actually hired most of the people that now run the station. There is no loyalty in business but for everything he did this was sad, and it's not like he was pulling bad ratings either. Now, I'm a big 98.5 fan but Ordway was a staple for a long time and it won't be the same around Boston without him.

Eddie Andelman

The first thing Ordway did after being named program director at WEEI back in the 90's was to move Eddie Andleman out of/and insert himself into the afternoon drive slot. Second thing he did was team Eddie up with Dale Arnold at midday, arguably the worst, most mismatched pairing in sports radio talk history. It was like an arranged marriage where both spouses barely tolerated one another. For the rest of of his time on 'EEI, Andleman was miserable

I hope, after the news broke yesterday about Ordway's shitcanning, that Andleman enjoyed a moment or two of schadenfreude

Andelman sucked. So did Ted Sandtits.

All Andelman cared about was gambling and horse racing. Sarandtits was obsessed with BC basketball to an unhealthy level and he talked down to callers. He was terrible back in the 1990s.

WEEI was much better when they fired all those dopes.

Dale Arnold was a raging Jacobs apologist, who only knew hockey. WEEI has never really had great people there, but Ordway was the best alongside Michael Holley.

You do not know Andelmans philanthropic persona. He has given tons of time and money to an underprivledge summer camp that I sit on the board. Doesnt make him my favorite host, but he is not only about horses and gambling

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Dude, he basically was mocking Kraft and not letting him speak. It was very childish and it reminds me of what Mt Hurl does here.

NE comes out of a lockout, on some  nice drafts, has their key players, (some of whom the best at their position) locked down, some nice FA signings, cash to play with for projects like Ocho and Haynesworth, and the guy was praising Mike Tannenbaum.  THIS during a season where NE goes into the SB and is a mere play away from winning it.

Meanwhile. the Jets went for it all, failed, failed miserably again and are a laughingstock.  Felger couldn't have been more incorrect in his analysis.

The arrogance is amazing.  He acts like the cap doesn't exist and then mocks Jonathan Kraft for employing BB as GM with Caserio and Reese? I mean, are you kidding me here?  Fans in other markets would think this guy is a cuckoo.

Meanwhile, the few times I have tuned in to hear them confess how wrong they were, they won't do it, and then they actually bypass Brady's struggles to boot. Hilarious. It's sort of like some on this board.  It's even funnier the Mt Hurls and RKarps were beating that "The Jets are doing it the best!" drum right alongside them, too. Morons.

Felger is a moron. I get that he plays contrarian, but to seriously lose all credibility in the process is where he goes over the line.

You can't come back from horrendous analysis like that and be taken seriously.

Why do you turn my comments of the Jets are not in salary cap hell into "the Jets way is the best way". I have never, ever said that. 

Please. Everyone here has seen you rave about the Jets coaches, GM and personnel for the last 3 years here!

You were on here JUST last year in 2011 talking about how well Sanchez was progressing! WHy do you think I've been on your case calling you out so much on this stuff?  I am reacting to your insanely AWFUL anaylysis of the Jets.

The media loved the Jets, promoted their every move, you fell for it and now are embarrasssed. It's why Phat Rex follows me around here. But, you as a supposed Pats fan are unhealthily obssessed with giving them the benefit of the doubt across the board and being overly critical of everything on BB's D.

Don't you get their way is so bad, they're in cap hell right now?  They created it!  The very fact that you have gone out of your way to defend their cap position proves that you are actually downplaying the cap itself, thus supporting whatever mistakes they've made, make or will continue to make.

You also said the Jets would compete for a WC next year!

Never said a single word about any Jets coach other than Rex

Never ever spoke positively about Tannenbaum. Did not like him as a GM, less personally. Although he will end up at ESPN

Only pointed out Sanchez was in 2 AFCCCG and had 32 td's when he was extended. Always saw him as a system QB at USC and with the Jets. Injuries and poor drafting broke the Jets system, hence Sanchez is also broke. Always, always had Sanchez ranked in the lower 3rd of my QB rankings.

are yoy getting your drugs from a doctor?

stand by my comments, always

Sections
Shortcuts