the BIG O is no mo.. ANYONE else cares?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: the BIG O is no mo.. ANYONE else cares?

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I grew very tired of his radio thuggery years ago - between blowing up callers, Deossie threatening to meet guys in parking lots and Smerlas yelling at callers...glad it's done. Should of been gone years ago, and once they faced real competition it was. The other guy Pete "the meat" Sheppard was another fool that got ousted years ago. I won't miss them pumping Davios, or their cigar shops either. These three clowns even got their Patriot season tickets revoked when they started charging another 600 bucks for their New England tailgate parties by including a ticket in the package. And I'll never forget Steve Deossie's act after the Giants beat us in the Super Bowl, yet there he was back on Glenn's show in the fall. The good old boy network ends Friday.

There is a reason why people stopped listening.

I agree with that, but that was still better than listening to your buddy's whiny girly voice and each other's incessant babbling like two hyenas on cocaine.

Just absolutely awful.

They should have just changed the format for Ordway and gotten the DeOssie/Smerlas self promotional group out of there.

Jason Wolfe runs things at WEEI, not Ordway.  Fact is, the younger generations in the Boston area are naive and baitable and they like that from Felger and Mazz, which is scary.

We basically have Felger/Mazz minions age, 30 and under, running around mirroring their anti-BB garbage. Or, sadly, older people like you.  lol

No and I agree, Felger and Mazz are overrated and will surely hit the skids some day (probably much much sooner than Ordway). Ordway is a very talented radio host - he has an outstanding voice for radio and rarely makes a mistake...on talent alone, no one can touch him. It's just the rudeness he has that ruins it. For years I listened to his show - and really I did it because there was nothing else on for sports - it got to the point where I just didn't listen to anything at all because I couldn't stand the three of them anymore. To me, all three of them are the bullies you couldn't stand growing up, except they carried it into adulthood and made a fortune off of it. Glad it's over, and I'm shocked it lasted that long.

The sad part is I don't mind his show when it's just him and Holley - in fact I think they could of unseated Mazz and company easily in time.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I grew very tired of his radio thuggery years ago - between blowing up callers, Deossie threatening to meet guys in parking lots and Smerlas yelling at callers...glad it's done. Should of been gone years ago, and once they faced real competition it was. The other guy Pete "the meat" Sheppard was another fool that got ousted years ago. I won't miss them pumping Davios, or their cigar shops either. These three clowns even got their Patriot season tickets revoked when they started charging another 600 bucks for their New England tailgate parties by including a ticket in the package. And I'll never forget Steve Deossie's act after the Giants beat us in the Super Bowl, yet there he was back on Glenn's show in the fall. The good old boy network ends Friday.

There is a reason why people stopped listening.

I agree with that, but that was still better than listening to your buddy's whiny girly voice and each other's incessant babbling like two hyenas on cocaine.

Just absolutely awful.

They should have just changed the format for Ordway and gotten the DeOssie/Smerlas self promotional group out of there.

Jason Wolfe runs things at WEEI, not Ordway.  Fact is, the younger generations in the Boston area are naive and baitable and they like that from Felger and Mazz, which is scary.

We basically have Felger/Mazz minions age, 30 and under, running around mirroring their anti-BB garbage. Or, sadly, older people like you.  lol

No and I agree, Felger and Mazz are overrated and will surely hit the skids some day (probably much much sooner than Ordway). Ordway is a very talented radio host - he has an outstanding voice for radio and rarely makes a mistake...on talent alone, no one can touch him. It's just the rudeness he has that ruins it. For years I listened to his show - and really I did it because there was nothing else on for sports - it got to the point where I just didn't listen to anything at all because I couldn't stand the three of them anymore. To me, all three of them are the bullies you couldn't stand growing up, except they carried it into adulthood and made a fortune off of it. Glad it's over, and I'm shocked it lasted that long.

The sad part is I don't mind his show when it's just him and Holley - in fact I think they could of unseated Mazz and company easily in time.

I have to admit, your concise and articulate thoughts are shocking to read. 

I will say I never got the "Ordway is a bully" concept that you're talking about at all.   It has to be somewhat difficult to take calls when many calls are morons wasting everyone's time.  I blame that more on the producer than I do Ordway, though.   If you came with your homework done, were articulate and made a point ,you'd be fine. If you were some sort of a stumblebum moron, he'd cut you off, thankfully. I have no issue with that. 

Agree that it was a club of sorts for he, DeOssie (he enjoyed talking about his son more than anything) and Smerlas (the propping up of their restaurant was embarrassing) to sort of promote themselves than it was about anything else.

But, Ordway, to me, is an instituion in talk radio in Boston.  He's really good at hosting a show.

I think he cut off more than just the bumbling morons, he'd cut off anyone that didn't agree with him (or the thug co hosts) - now he wouldn't necessarily "blow them up", but they sure wouldn't get a word in and that to me was bully behavior. I also didn't like the bragging about their rating for years and years, when in actuality there was no other sport show in town. I didn't like the way they would make fun of Adelman either after he got canned - in fact they did that with anyone that didn't fit in at their station, to me that was ridicolous childish behavior.

I couldn't stand listening to them eat their free food while they were on the air...then have to listen to them describe what free food was delivered, before pitching the restaurant that would be allowing them to have free dinner and drinks later that night. The sound of those three fat slobs slapping their jowls with toasted raviolis as they blew up callers and talked over people became unbearable to listen to, so I stopped, just like many others.

Glenn with someone different (Holley) is a completely different experience - Glenn still has that edge and skill, but Holley makes it seem like he cares a bit. I think Holley will bomb with whoever else they put him with...they should of gave that show more time. They also should of never let Deossie back on that station...same with Smerlas.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I respectfully disagree with Rusty regarding Felger and Mazz.  That's a fun show to listen to and while you are well within your right to feel the way you do about the show and its hosts, I don't think that's anymore than just your opinion.  Honestly, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that they love Tannenbaum and the job that he did.  Felger does subscribe to the "cap is cr@p" argument, but he didn't agree with WHERE the Jets spent their money.

I've been listening to them for the last couple years and it's a lot of fun.  Those guys don't take themselves so seriously that it becomes obnoxious.  They own up when players prove their initial views wrong and amend their thoughts.  They're not so hard-headed and plain old ignorant when it comes to their opinions and the opinions of callers. 

98.5 seems to be definitely on the cusp of taking over completely...if not already.  T&R in the morning are hilarious and again...they dont' take themselves so seriously and come off as ignorant jerks to their callers and the general audience...unlike D&C.  THe mid day show is a push for me...I like Mutt and Merloni, but if I want a bit more football, I go to Gresh and Zo.  I have no problem with either show.  I'm a fan of Michael Holley as well...but I just couldn't stand listening to Ordway and the other homers.  Again, mostly it's opinion and preference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to stewart7557's comment:

I thought Ordway started out strong in the area, stabbed JMost in the back on his way up, and due to no competition, Ordway was king of the hill, treating his listeners to pompous attitude, lazy guests and general rudeness. The fact that mediocre talent like TMazz toppled EEi in the ratings, shows how little Ordway was liked in the region...

Prediction, in 5 years, EEI will no longer have sports talk, as ESPN is too big to slow down, and 98.5 will continue to garner better rating over EEi

I totally agree with you on this Kharp.

I think the Sports Hub with Mazz and Felger is far superior to Ordway's WEEI sports format and I am not surprised Ordway is gone. The big show started out as a creative sports show with some tasteful humor and funny segments. It became unlistenable after a few years due to many reasons including:

1. Commercials and breaks that would frequently take 10 minutes at a time.

2. Arguing among the co-hosts and tangents that would digress from the topic and often had little to do with sports.

3 Frequently you could listen to a 1 hour segment and get 10 minutes of actual sports talk and 50 minutes of mindless banter and commercials

Remember Grandma on the whiner line that called up to complain about the belching and the burping that she found found most offensive and she thought that the "O" in Big "O" stands for offensive.? Well sometimes -I think she had it right.

The only time reason I listened to the Big Show once Sports Hub was broadcasting was to listen to the BIl Belicek interview on Mondays.

[/QUOTE]
    The "Hub" is in the same mold. Between Maz & Fegler's rants and the stupid "sports update " every 20 min. Not to many listners get on the show. The "Hub" is the TMZ of sports !
    Gresh & Zoe are far the best on talk radio-Boston !

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Best of luck G Ordway!  Thanks for all the years!  Now, its a putz from Wisconsin we are stuck with lol...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:

I respectfully disagree with Rusty regarding Felger and Mazz.  That's a fun show to listen to and while you are well within your right to feel the way you do about the show and its hosts, I don't think that's anymore than just your opinion.  Honestly, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that they love Tannenbaum and the job that he did.  Felger does subscribe to the "cap is cr@p" argument, but he didn't agree with WHERE the Jets spent their money.

I've been listening to them for the last couple years and it's a lot of fun.  Those guys don't take themselves so seriously that it becomes obnoxious.  They own up when players prove their initial views wrong and amend their thoughts.  They're not so hard-headed and plain old ignorant when it comes to their opinions and the opinions of callers. 

98.5 seems to be definitely on the cusp of taking over completely...if not already.  T&R in the morning are hilarious and again...they dont' take themselves so seriously and come off as ignorant jerks to their callers and the general audience...unlike D&C.  THe mid day show is a push for me...I like Mutt and Merloni, but if I want a bit more football, I go to Gresh and Zo.  I have no problem with either show.  I'm a fan of Michael Holley as well...but I just couldn't stand listening to Ordway and the other homers.  Again, mostly it's opinion and preference.

I agree - I will will say this though, I really can't stand listening to Zolak. At first I thought it was a lack of experience in the way he interupts his co host contantly, but after a few years of this I'm realizing that is just the way he is. And I find it annoying as hell. I do think Zolak knows his stuff and for the most part he's entertaining, but I find him very hard to listen to because of his motor mouth...it just doesn't stop...doesn't slow down...ever. Maybe that will change.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts