the BIG O is no mo.. ANYONE else cares?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: the BIG O is no mo.. ANYONE else cares?

In response to NOISE's comment:

Best of luck G Ordway!  Thanks for all the years!  Now, its a putz from Wisconsin we are stuck with lol...

SCOTT WALKER?

THOUGH HE'S NOT A PUTZ...MORE A SC*MBAG

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Are Mustard and Johnson still on?  Only WEEI show I ever really liked.  I like Holley too, but never really heard much of his show since it was on while I was at work. 

I agree with rkarp.  When I moved back to Boston in the early 1990s, it was Eddie Adelman who seemed to be the driving force behind sports talk radio in Boston.  Ordway came to prominence somewhat later.  Ordway himself was okay, but that Big Show got tiresome after a while. 

I liked Felger when he wrote for the Herald and first started in radio (on some obscure station around 1500 you couldn't get outside Boston proper if I remember correctly).  Felger quickly learned that controversy gets ratings, though . . . and after that, I found him pretty much unlistenable. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Are Mustard and Johnson still on?  Only WEEI show I ever really liked.  I like Holley too, but never really heard much of his show since it was on while I was at work. 

I agree with rkarp.  When I moved back to Boston in the early 1990s, it was Eddie Adelman who seemed to be the driving force behind sports talk radio in Boston.  Ordway came to prominence somewhat later.  Ordway himself was okay, but that Big Show got tiresome after a while. 

I liked Felger when he wrote for the Herald and first started in radio (on some obscure station around 1500 you couldn't get outside Boston proper if I remember correctly).  Felger quickly learned that controversy gets ratings, though . . . and after that, I found him pretty much unlistenable. 

Mustard and Johnson!  lol!

I don't think they are.  They were good, though.  They were like listening to your two neighbors talk sports at a bbq or something.

Exactly . . . great to have on when you were driving around doing errands on a Saturday morning. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Many years ago when I was working the night shift I found Steve Somers "schmoozing" on the radio on WFAN New York. The nights would fly by as he was a great listen even though he was a Jets, Mets and Rangers fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Many years ago when I was working the night shift I found Steve Somers "schmoozing" on the radio on WFAN New York. The nights would fly by as he was a great listen even though he was a Jets, Mets and Rangers fan.

The Schmoooze is/was awesome...the original overnight treasure for years

"Steve Somers here-you there-as we schmoooooze a little s-p-o-r-t-s ..."

the man who coined "Short Island" the "Icelanders" and the "Nassau Mausoleum" !!

had the best callers too...like a little family

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

the man who coined "Short Island" the "Icelanders" and the "Nassau Mausoleum" !!

There was some infamous caller well known in that dredge down in NY/NJ.  I want to say his name is Frank, but I don't think that's it.

Total loser, homer type.  Lived in a basement, etc. Kind of like you. Really annoying person from Long Island with an awful accent.

i have no idea who u r talking about...that said when did u listen to steve somers? u got WFAN up there?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

There was some infamous caller well known in that dredge down in NY/NJ.  I want to say his name is Frank, but I don't think that's it.

Total loser, homer type.  Lived in a basement, etc. Kind of like you. Really annoying person from Long Island with an awful accent.

i have no idea who u r talking about...that said when did u listen to steve somers? u got WFAN up there?

I think his name is Jerome. Infamous. 

Edit:  Yep, it's Jerome.  Total tool. Typical NY type.

Jerome from Manhattan

One notable caller is Jerome Mittelman,[54] widely known as "Jerome from Manhattan." A die-hard Yankees and Knicks fan, Jerome is famous for his on-air take-no-prisoners blistering rants and raves, as well as his unique take on the English language. One of his favorite exclamatory phrases is "frickin' frack!" He refers to the bullpen as the "ballpen", and once shouted that the Yankees are "....done! D-O-E-N [sic], DONE!" His relationship status is intriguing enough for Steve Somers to once give Jerome $60 to take a lady out on a date, only for Jerome to keep the money and not go out on the date. Former host Sid Rosenberg once asked Jerome if he was upset that he was not taking his eagerly anticipated trip "....to Colorado?", and Jerome replied, "No, [it was] to Denver." He does "....not like jets. They make [him] seasick." Jerome, when he still called WFAN regularly, was known as being the only caller to have an audio intro, much like those played at the top of each show. Mr. Mittelman's health problems had kept him from the WFAN airwaves on a regular basis from late 2004 until mid 2008; when he again started to call in more frequently. Occasionally when he calls in to Steve Somers' program, a special introduction is played to the tune of The Twilight Zone.

oh Jerome from Manhattan!

he called all the shows not just schmooze! jerome weas awesome- a real nut but very passionate that's for sure! He wasn't a tool or anything like that he was just a crazy wackjob who sometimes though made very good points about the yanks and knicks-especially the yankees, his main passion-despite himself! LOL And the hosts used to wind him up and he would go crazy!

Jerome was a show unto himself and the rod sterling voice over with the TZ theme was great-u couldn't take him too seriously he was more comic relief and had a cult following-definitely a great eccentric addition to the radio world

doesn't call anymore and hasn't in years-those health issues...gee hope is is still with us and doing ok

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Mustard and Johnson are on Saturday mornings, not sure of exact hours of the show.  Don't always get a chance to listen but I do when I can.  Good show, all in all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

You can call me a guy who plugs in cables...but as I mentioned to you before, at the end of the day, I can buy and sell you 20 times over, so I must have done something right.

Wow. Must be great to be as wealthy and powerful and successful as you

If I didnt know any better, I'd swear you are Paul Gaston or something

Thanks, dad!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

You can call me a guy who plugs in cables...but as I mentioned to you before, at the end of the day, I can buy and sell you 20 times over, so I must have done something right.

Wow. Must be great to be as wealthy and powerful and successful as you

If I didnt know any better, I'd swear you are Paul Gaston or something

Thanks, dad!

The Saint ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

The Saint ?

Yes, the old Roger Moore series. It airs on a station here in Boston that runs vintage tv shows. I watch occasionally. Love the opening theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFaIhXEt6hg

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Mustard and Johnson are on Saturday mornings, not sure of exact hours of the show.  Don't always get a chance to listen but I do when I can.  Good show, all in all.

Good to hear they're still on.  Kind of miss them up here in Toronto where sports talk is all Leafs all the time . . .

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

The big O is one of two things.  One is inappropriate for this site.  The other is Oscar Robertson.  There are no others. 

"They are all lower case o's compared to me darlin"

oh jesus no no no...

Sections
Shortcuts