The Biggest Postseason of #12s Career

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: The Biggest Postseason of #12s Career

I'm not entirely sure it's relevant. Whichever leads to the Patriots winning would be preferable. I'm confident Brady feels the same way.

He "melted down" in the last two title games cause he has absolutely no talent on offense playing against a strong Ravens defense both times.

I mean, if Brady craps so badly in the postseason, name a recent QB who has consistently crushed it in the playoffs against top competition.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure it's relevant. Whichever leads to the Patriots winning would be preferable. I'm confident Brady feels the same way.

He "melted down" in the last two title games cause he has absolutely no talent on offense playing against a strong Ravens defense both times.

I mean, if Brady craps so badly in the postseason, name a recent QB who has consistently crushed it in the playoffs against top competition.

[/QUOTE]

Please don't feed the trolls.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Well, kids, the time has come. It's that time of year, where you know that Brady will have a dynamite Divisional Rd and only a complete meltdown like he had in 2010, is stopping the Pats from playing in the AFC Title Game again. 

I cannot think of a bigger turning point in Brady's career. He's been brutal in 3 straight AFC title games at home, but great in 2 straight divisonal rds at home, with 3 upcoming on Sat night.

The question is:  Is it better for Brady to play the AFC Title game at home, where we should be rooting for SD this weeK? Or, does Brady need to slay the dragon on the road, against Gomie and Welkie, with all the pressure on them in Denver?

Discuss:

Does not matter this year. Because of the running games success it has been essentially taken out of TB's and McDaniels hands. They cannot err of the  side of passing before the other teams defense is totally stacked against the run as they have a dominant running game, it has been demonstrated, they have to use it! 

Counting number of run plays vs. pass plays does not show a teams commitment to the run the fact is in all those other playoff games you mentioned the other team was tight on every reciever off the line and pressuring Brady..he had no time and was getting hit, of course he did not play well, think they did try to run some but it never forced the Ravens, Jets, Giants ..etc out of their base defense. The bad luck was NE was paired against some of the few teams that could actually do that against their offense. Really committing to the run would have helped quite a bit in those games..but then again maybe the running game was not good enough any in those years.

Might actually be a godsend that the pasing game has gone down a notch this year as much as the running game has improved. Easier for them to resist their pass happy tendencies.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Always better to play at home Russ..regardless of whatever demons you think need exercising.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Well, kids, the time has come. It's that time of year, where you know that Brady will have a dynamite Divisional Rd and only a complete meltdown like he had in 2010, is stopping the Pats from playing in the AFC Title Game again. 

I cannot think of a bigger turning point in Brady's career. He's been brutal in 3 straight AFC title games at home, but great in 2 straight divisonal rds at home, with 3 upcoming on Sat night.

The question is:  Is it better for Brady to play the AFC Title game at home, where we should be rooting for SD this weeK? Or, does Brady need to slay the dragon on the road, against Gomie and Welkie, with all the pressure on them in Denver?

Discuss:

Why doesn't BB bench, trade or cut TB if he can't get us a title anymore? He does it with everyone else. If not release, bench or cut him, cant the great BB simply insist on following the bosses game plan. Could it be your wrong? Could it be BB sees no problem?  Could it be your attempting another attention grab? I've asked you this question several times but you fail to answer It?

why does BB stick with Brady if, as you repeatedly pronounce, he craps his pants in the big games now. Doesn't seem to make sense a brilliant coach/gm would simply choose to repeat his error year after year after year. Please discuss.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

The biggest postseason of anyone's career is always the next one.  So yes, this is the biggest postseason of Brady's career.

Frankly, I'm surprised that you're putting so much emphasis on Brady's play for this postseason.  I'd be thrilled if he had pedestrian numbers, and Blount can show the last 2 games weren't a fluke;  150 rushing yards per game is what I'd like to see, clock killing drives, and a stiff defense.  I want Brady to have less influence on the outcome of these games than he has for the past several years.  After that monstrosity of an IND-KC game, I want some smashmouth football here.  I think this team is capable of it, moreso than in the recent past.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No talent on offense?  Are you insane?  Welker, Hernandez, Vereen, Branch, Ridley, Woodhead, Branch, Lloyd, half a game with Gronk in 2011 is "no talent" on offense?

You have got to be kidding me.  How can an offense that is top 3 every year feature "no talent on offense"? That literally makes no sense.

[/QUOTE]

Out of that list, only Gronk and Hernandez can be considered "talent," and as you said, Gronk played half a game. The other guys are undersized, overachieving veterans that only put up numbers because Brady is at the helm. There's a reason why Branch and Lloyd have not found teams after leaving NE, and why Welker isn't the difference maker some predicted for Denver.

Actual offensive firepower is having a pair like Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith to go with Ray Rice, or Roddy White and Julio Jones alongside Tony Gonzalez.

Brady is the only reason we've consistently fielded a top tier offense the past several year. He does so much more with so much less. Yet you penalize him when that lack of talent is exposed by good teams in the playoffs. OK fine, but name another QB who has outperformed him using comparable talent. Otherwise, Brady is the best at what he does by default.

To answer your question, playing the Chargers at home would probably be preferable. I don't see how going on the road playing against the #1 seed in thin air could be better for the Pats. Maybe the underdog factor helps out the Pats in that scenario, but there's only so much that can do.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Always better to play at home Russ..regardless of whatever demons you think need exercising.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, good point. Also hate to play a team in the playoffs that you have faced and beaten in the reg season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

He's been brutal in 3 straight AFC title games at home,

[/QUOTE]

Be more specific dumbkoff.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Brady will either play a part in the team winning if they win, or have a part in the team losing if they lose. Football is a team game, it takes 53 players to win a game, not one. He did not win the 3 superbowls by himself, and he did not lose the other two. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Discuss:

Does not matter this year. Because of the running games success it has been essentially taken out of TB's and McDaniels hands. They cannot err of the  side of passing before the other teams defense is totally stacked against the run as they have a dominant running game, it has been demonstrated, they have to use it! 

Counting number of run plays vs. pass plays does not show a teams commitment to the run the fact is in all those other playoff games you mentioned the other team was tight on every reciever off the line and pressuring Brady..he had no time and was getting hit, of course he did not play well, think they did try to run some but it never forced the Ravens, Jets, Giants ..etc out of their base defense. The bad luck was NE was paired against some of the few teams that could actually do that against there offense. Really committing to the run would have helped quite a bit in those games..but then again maybe the running game was not good enough any in those years.

Might actually be a godsend that the pasing game has gone down a notch this year as much as the running game has improved. Easier for them to resist their pass happy tendencies.

[/QUOTE]

The counting of the pass/run plays is really nothing more than a metric to use as a backdrop after I did a lot of research and realized why the Pats were losing those games we all talk about in the past.

I know you are a very intelligent fan and generally agree with me anyway, but your first paragraph is how I feel as well, which is why I have confidence.

But, I readily admit, there is a part of me that still wonders if that time in the game comes, say end of 1st 1tr or 2nd qtr where Blount or Ridley/Bolden have like 3 or 4 carries total on the first two drives and Brady and McD go into that shotgun.

IMO, I think Ds try to bait them into using it as a strategy, knowing once the trap is set, they can slow the offense, then dictate by not even caring about the Pats' run game, but just throwing the entire approach at the Pats passing game.

So, will Brady and McD not take the bait and just keep running it in a balanced way?

We disagree on WHY the run game wasn't working. We never committed to it in all those games you just referenced.  Go watch the first halves of any of those games, save for last year's title game, and you'll see the run game abandoned by the 2nd qtr simply because the offense didn't put up 14 points in the 1st qtr.

It's the truth.

So, would you rather Brady and the Pats go on the road to excercise the demons or do it home vs SD?

SD's D is better than Denver's, IMO, so the idea would be thin air and noise being a factor, but I actually think Brady and BB relish those situations.

[/QUOTE]

You did not see 6-10 runs in a row back with McD I but we did this season with McD II which makes me hopeful. I do see they know the meaning of establishing the run now and I think Brady knows how much it offloads pressure.

The home/away stuff...just posted above..home is superior, the Pats / TB / McD can use the run or not both home or away. Rather them play home and against a team they have not seen and beaten, this good coaching trumps in those situations, although I must say seeing that Broncos game again...they dominated them..just unfortunately staked them 21 points.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

Brady is not the reason why we field a bloated offense, statistically. Cassel debunked that myth in 2008 when Welkie put up 122.  

[/QUOTE]

Why are you using Welker's numbers as Cassel's?  Cassel put up less than 3,700 yards and 21 TDs that season, playing with the same offense that Brady had in 2007.  The same offense, less Brady, went from a record-setting 36.7 ppg to 25.6 in 2008.

Sections
Shortcuts