The Blame Pie

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Re: The Blame Pie

You said it all and I concur, now can we and the team put this game behind us and get ready for the Jests.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

This team has had three gut check games so far and lost them all. 

Choke field goal miss against AZ, couldn't hold big 4th quarter leads against Ravens and Seahawks, nearly blew a huge 4th quarter lead against Denver.   The offense has no killer instinct, the defense gives up huge pass plays in crunch time over and over again.  Right now this looks like a 9-7 team to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Instead of pointing fingers can we just look at some facts.

The Offense has mumerous opportunities to put this game away.

The defense had a 2 score lead with under 10 minutes to go and couldn't hold it.

The special teams had a bad punt and poor coverage on the punt at the end of the game which gave seattle good field position.

The coaching decisions were numerous and attrocious.

I could waste time on the mind numbing details for each category but I think they have all been covered in previous threads this morning.

I would offer that this was a bad loss where the blame can be spread equally to the entire TEAM.

Give Woody a pass and I'm with you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm in agreement with Rusty. Woody, Bolden, Spikes, and Jones all did their jobs. With those exceptions yes this was an all around failure

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'm in agreement with Rusty. Woody, Bolden, Spikes, and Jones all did their jobs. With those exceptions yes this was an all around failure

One little problem - I'm not Rusty. The sooner you and babe get your heads out of each other's butts and admit I am and always was evilpatsfan we'll get along better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You  can't let Russel Wilson put up a 133 when your O can't run the ball and Brady is contending with one of the toughest D's in the league.

Simple as that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

You  can't let Russel Wilson put up a 133 when your O can't run the ball and Brady is contending with one of the toughest D's in the league.

Simple as that.

tell me sweetie. How many teams have gone 1 for 6 in the red zone with only 2 FGs on the 5 no TD trips. I bet it's never happened before.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

I blame the whole team but agree with whoever said that woody, spikes, bolden, and jones showed up. Those 4 guys are the only ones who came to play. Welker was okay too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaiderPat. Show RaiderPat's posts

T-E-A-M !!!! game...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Simple as that.

tell me sweetie. How many teams have gone 1 for 6 in the red zone with only 2 FGs on the 5 no TD trips. I bet it's never happened before.

Don't know, but I do know if you let a POS like Wilson put up a 133 on you you're very likely going to lose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Babe/Glen,

I would hope you could both agree that in this game both units had their issues and are probably equally responsible for this loss.

Poor decisions and really poor execution on both sides of the ball took place the entire game.

I might add that coaching decisions, game management and personel decisions were also an equal culprit.

I agree the run game purely stank. I agree the pass defense purely stank.

The only thing that was respectable at all was Brady's play and the excellent run D.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Simple as that.

Don't know, but I do know if you let a POS like Wilson put up a 133 on you you're very likely going to lose.

Keep proving you know squat about football. It's funny

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Lets face it, the whole team is to blame for this loss. Coaching, offense, defense, and special teams. It was a team loss.

i think they will right this thing though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Simple as that.

Keep proving you know squat about football. It's funny

Whatever.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Running like a little girl as expected. You keep harping on our D making Wilson look good? Try this..Brady career red zone efficiency 61%. Yesterday 16%. At least I'm honest enough to lay half the blame on the play calling. You're not only dishonest but to make it even more pathetic you're only lying to yourself because evryone else except the Jets trolls knows you're wrong.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

lmao nice job glenr, you just smacked the hell out of babe right there..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

There is definitely plenty of blame to go around. I still think that all eventually comes back to the head coach though. Brady definitely had a bad game, but when you kick a FG to go up by two touchdowns with less than 10 minutes to play, that should be lead you can hold onto.

After that point in the game the Patriots gained 35 yards on 14 plays. At 2.5 yards per snap, that is some bad offense. The Seahawks 147 yards on 12 plays. Over 12 yards per snap, is some seriously bad defense.

The really issue is that with the game on the line, the team played it's worst on both offense and defense (actually and special teams as well, the last punt was 39 yards with 25 yard return).

The whole team failed in fourth quarter...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

It's a team game and if the team is struggling on the field it's the coach that now needs to earn his money. Kick the field goal we win the game.

With 6 seconds left it's a big risk with the run off rule. There are 11 offensive players that could commit a penalty. To much of a risk, take the points, you have a win.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

lmao nice job glenr, you just smacked the hell out of babe right there..

Babe will dance in circles to dole out responsibility to everyone but Brady. The rest of us have the self honesty to see it was a group effort except for woodie and the equipment manager.

Sections
Shortcuts