The Blind Side - Michael Oher....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

The Blind Side - Michael Oher....

Good Movie...if anyone is interested.  The credits caught my eye as the Ravens chose Michael Oher after trading up 3 spots with the Patriots. The Patriots, in return, got the 26th and 162nd pick in the 2009 draft. The 26th and 162nd picks were subsequenty parlayed into the 41st, 73, and 83rd picks.

We got Darius Butler for the 41st pick
    #73, traded for #232 and the jaguars second round pick for 2010 Draft
    We got Edelman for #232
    and we got Brandon Tate for #83.

I really don't know much about Oher....or how he's doing - but we seem to have gotten a couple of decent players for him.  Edelman is a Welker mini me, Butler is holding his own for a rookie, and Tate....well, we'll find out next year.

Bring your wife or girlfriend to the movie.....and some Kleenex for her...lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: The Blind Side - Michael Oher....

Saw the movie today.  Great movie.  Inspirational. 

Could have used some kleenex myself. 

As for Oher, he is starting for the Ravens. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: The Blind Side - Michael Oher....:
    [QUOTE]Saw the movie today.  Great movie.  Inspirational.  Could have used some kleenex myself.  As for Oher, he is starting for the Ravens. 
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

LOL....yeah, I forgot to bring the Kleenex...so my wife used the sleeve of my jacket

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

I saw the movie, Bubba, and really did enjoy it. Emotionally moving, I give it a definite thumbs-up. Sandra Bullock ? ....... hello !
    You have to believe every Raven teammate of Oher's will be seeing it and that's quite special, too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Saw the Movie this weekend it was Great . I read the book a few months ago and when I finished I said to myself this would make a good movie.  A Great Story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

oher did ok but vollmer is still better. i don't know how we got this guy no one was talking about but its great

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This happens to be a TRUE story about adoption...  if you go on youtube there are videos of dogs adopting baby cats, pigs adopting baby tigers, etc...

I haven't seen the movie but I'm sure there have been many cases when a baby of another race has been adopted by parents who gave them a good life compared to a life in the foster system...  we should encourage adoption. 

God knows the world doesn't need anymore children and we should take care of the ones we have already.  Don't let race blind you to a bigger truth...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I have to admit, there is little in the hype about this film to pique my interest.

Sandra Bullock is cute enough, I guess -- but she's an actress the same way The Runaways were a rock band.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]the movie is like green mile and baggar vance. it is white liberal propaganda. it is all about how special white people are when they are good to blacks.... all this "problack" stuff comes across as very demeaning to me- like blacks desperately need a white worshipper- people are people and blacks don't need whitey to have aheart of gold for them to make a life for themself
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

I guess we can find "conspiracies" anywhere if one looks hard enough.

To me, it was an entertaining movie.....nothing more, nothing less.  Yes, I'm sure there is a fact or two in the movie - just as I'm sure that there was "artistic liberty" to make it a watchable movie.

It is what it is.  Or mebbe, it is what you want to make it out to be....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Bubba - It was an entertaining movie.  Well done on the inspiration level.  Was it dramatized?  Does a bear sh*t in the woods?

But that isn't the point.  Its a good story and unless one is too callous to enjoy a little dramatic fiction amidst the facts then I recommend it. 

And for those that are too callous, I wonder what is inspirational to them?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Bubba - It was an entertaining movie.  Well done on the inspiration level.  Was it dramatized?  Does a bear sh*t in the woods? But that isn't the point.  Its a good story and unless one is too callous to enjoy a little dramatic fiction amidst the facts then I recommend it.  And for those that are too callous, I wonder what is inspirational to them?

I can't wait for Avatar to hit the screens!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

E - saw that preview when I went to blindside.  Now those complaining of the liberal hollywood bias will see it all over this movie.  It was there even in the preview. 

The manifest destiny/imperialistic humans taking the lands of civilizations that belong to others until one rogue human (with a heart) comes to help save the overwhelmed underdogs. 

If people thing blindside had a liberal bent, don't go to see Avatar.  That said, the special effects look spectacular.  

The movie looks very entertaining.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]E - saw that preview when I went to blindside.  Now those complaining of the liberal hollywood bias will see it all over this movie.  It was there even in the preview.  The manifest destiny/imperialistic humans taking the lands of civilizations that belong to others until one rogue human (with a heart) comes to help save the overwhelmed underdogs.  If people thing blindside had a liberal bent, don't go to see Avatar.  That said, the special effects look spectacular.   The movie looks very entertaining.  

yeah, I just saw 2012 this week and they had the Trailer for Avatar. Being one of the few Staunch conservatives in the Boston area that was the first thing that popped into my mind..I'm going to see it anyway because it looked good. I'm also going to see Blind side this weekend. I always wait a couple of weeks so the theatre isn't packed.

Sections
Shortcuts