The bottom line - for years now.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The bottom line - for years now.

We can't run when we need to.

We can't defend when we need to.

And if Brady doesn't work a miracle to make up for those shortcomings when we need him to - we blame him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: The bottom line - for years now.

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And if Brady doesn't work a miracle to make up for those shortcomings when we need him to - we blame him.

[/QUOTE]

Danny Woodhead was THEE GUY today. Yeah, the Pats are in trouble.

Belichick needs to knock off the head games and get back to X's and O's, and Brady needs to find his ball sack............ soon.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought Brady played poorly today, but the truth is without him we lose this game by 30 points. That's pretty telling about how this team is built. The last two seasons have been the worst free agency period I've seen. There is too much emphasis on value and getting the most for the dollar - meanwhile we end up with Jonathan Fenene and SEatle gets to keep Red Byrant. How good would Byrant look on our defensive line right now? But we get to keep the 7 million we didn't pay him (we are still 7 million under the cap and were last year too).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I don't blame Brady for not working a miracle today. He played pretty well for most of the first half. But from the drive after the punter got sacked on he was shaky, and from the :06 mark of the second quarter on he did not play well. 2 intentional grouding penalties (one which directly took what should have been the winning 3 points off the board), 2 interception in the 2nd half (one a vey poor throw/decision), and many bounced and underthrown balls. A 16 second 'drive' when they got the ball back at 3:02 after Mayo forced and recovered a fumble (play calling or execution?)? Two first downs there is not asking for a miracle...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Brady played poorly today, but the truth is without him we lose this game by 30 points. That's pretty telling about how this team is built. The last two seasons have been the worst free agency period I've seen. There is too much emphasis on value and getting the most for the dollar - meanwhile we end up with Jonathan Fenene and SEatle gets to keep Red Byrant. How good would Byrant look on our defensive line right now? But we get to keep the 7 million we didn't pay him (we are still 7 million under the cap and were last year too).

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't see SEA letting Bryant go. He's a top Dlineman in the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Before I rant understand that I think this was truly a team loss. The O got out to a good start and was in a position to put this game out of reach but neither the O nor the D has the makeup to put games away. Neither side of the ball. Nor does the coach - with this team - it seems.

Bottom line: this team, from front to back, from Brady to Chung, is just not as good as their numbers. They are not able to take a game over and put it away. They are good enough to take a lead but hang on for dear life hoping the opponent will lose the game. They play like they are either not intense or they are afraid.

And the DB's never turning to see the ball (except for Dennard who I am expecting to be taught by these coaches how to play to lose)... what a group of losers.

But I came here to put to rest this absurdity that TB is not a part of a team when they lose, only when they win. Well, this was yet another game where they could not win without Brady but they could not win with him either. He made plays, lead them to a commanding position and then did almsot everything he could to undermine their chances of winning. Not by himself. But he sure took center stage. Can you say he "sucked" here?

Wello, actually, Tom Brady S#$%@D today. Mishandling the clock at the end of the first half  (and don't tell me it was the coach - at this point TB is as much at fault as any coach in this circumstance) and then a bone headed intentional grounding costing a FG (after he was unable to convert and bring the team into the end zone). A pick in the endzone costing 3 or 7 points! His stretch of throw after throw too low to be caught. His lack of mobility and feel so that he gets caught UNDER his own lineman (this is the second or third time I've seen him get in that position this season). His inabilty to make a play on 2 or 3 series in a row with the game on the line.

I know he is exceptional. Still. Clearly. And easily the best player on this team. But he has choked so many times in the past seven games that it is absurd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't see SEA letting Bryant go. He's a top Dlineman in the game.

[/QUOTE]
    True, but he was very much a free agent - if we offer as much as the Seahawks, does he stay in Seattle? Maybe, maybe not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman2. Show antiqueman2's posts

TB and BB are just not what they used to be. When are Pats fans going to except it. TB is getting older. Is he a good QB still? Sure, but a great one, I don't think so. As for BB, time is passing him by. His schemes don't work anymore. This team puts no pressure on opposing QBs, but all the pressure is put on their own QB instead. TB just does not have the fire in his eyes anymore. He does not carry the once in your face passion for the game anymore. It happens to all great players. Time catches up to them. And I think time has caught up with the Pats and is now passing them by. UP 13 in  the 4th and you can't win the game. That is poor. But scoring only 6 points in the second half is even more poor. The Pats are lucky this division will remain open for the taking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree - 1 or 2 key free agent additions on D would have this team a Superbowl contender again. Brady is a 5 time superbowl champ if BB spends a little on the D - particularly the defensive backfield+

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree - 1 or 2 key free agent additions on D would have this team a Superbowl contender again. Brady is a 5 time superbowl champ if BB spends a little on the D - particularly the defensive backfield+

[/QUOTE]

Oh, he HAS spent.

He selected 13 defenders with 1st or 2nd round picks out of 17 total picks in those rounds since 2007.

And we have a mickey mouse defense for all that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

BB needs to be challenged on his draft picks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

On the D side of the ball they NEED a coach for the secondary. And for that matter for the whole D. There is nothing wrong with bend but dont break but not if you are playing like you are scared to lose. You still have to be aggressive and be playmakers.

On the O side they could use a center and maybe a guard. But one thing they certainly need is for Tom Brady to stop choking and giving up hugely bad plays that cost points.

This team needs to find character. The D far more than the O. But come on! Screwing up the clock at the end of the first half (leaving a single second on the clock!!!!) and getting that truly sickening intentional grounding call to take away a chance at an easy FG! And throwing that pick in the end zone. And going nowhere for a couple of critical series with the game on the line. Come on.

The D was horrible - the secondary was horrible.... the secondary coach should be fired tonight. But the O screwed up so bad at times that you cannot look the other way. How many times do you have to sit down for the other team rather than putting easy poits on the board. Come on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the D side of the ball they NEED a coach for the secondary. And for that matter for the whole D. There is nothing wrong with bend but dont break but not if you are playing like you are scared to lose. You still have to be aggressive and be playmakers.

On the O side they could use a center and maybe a guard. But one thing they certainly need is for Tom Brady to stop choking and giving up hugely bad plays that cost points.

This team needs to find character. The D far more than the O. But come on! Screwing up the clock at the end of the first half (leaving a single second on the clock!!!!) and getting that truly sickening intentional grounding call to take away a chance at an easy FG! And throwing that pick in the end zone. And going nowhere for a couple of critical series with the game on the line. Come on.

The D was horrible - the secondary was horrible.... the secondary coach should be fired tonight. But the O screwed up so bad at times that you cannot look the other way. How many times do you have to sit down for the other team rather than putting easy poits on the board. Come on.

[/QUOTE]

Brady is the ONLY thing keeping this team from fighting for the cellar of the division.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady is the ONLY thing keeping this team from fighting for the cellar of the division.

[/QUOTE]

He is the BIGGEST thing keeping them from the cellar. But they have a good running game due to some decent linemen and running backs. They have a great slot WR, a good #1 in Lloyd, two exceptional TEs, and a handful of defenses players who are very good (Mayo, Spikes, Chandler...).

As good as Brady is we need HIM to step up and STOP choking at critical times. A safety to start a SB is just disgusting. Intentional grounding to end a half and give up a shot at 3 or 7 points is just BAD BAD BAD. Throwing a pick into the end zone and so again leaving 3-7 points off the board when you could be putting the game out of reach is sickening. Brady is great. But we need him without the HUGE, big time choke level mistakes he has been making WAY too often.

Yes he is the best player and indispensible. But he still ends up being a key part of the reason for the loses.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is the BIGGEST thing keeping them from the cellar. But they have a good running game due to some decent linemen and running backs. They have a great slot WR, a good #1 in Lloyd, two exceptional TEs, and a handful of defenses players who are very good (Mayo, Spikes, Chandler...).

As good as Brady is we need HIM to step up and STOP choking at critical times. A safety to start a SB is just disgusting. Intentional grounding to end a half and give up a shot at 3 or 7 points is just BAD BAD BAD. Throwing a pick into the end zone and so again leaving 3-7 points off the board when you could be putting the game out of reach is sickening. Brady is great. But we need him without the HUGE, big time choke level mistakes he has been making WAY too often.

Yes he is the best player and indispensible. But he still ends up being a key part of the reason for the loses.

[/QUOTE]

YES^ could not have said it better myself.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to antiqueman2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TB and BB are just not what they used to be. When are Pats fans going to except it. TB is getting older. Is he a good QB still? Sure, but a great one, I don't think so. As for BB, time is passing him by. His schemes don't work anymore. This team puts no pressure on opposing QBs, but all the pressure is put on their own QB instead. TB just does not have the fire in his eyes anymore. He does not carry the once in your face passion for the game anymore. It happens to all great players. Time catches up to them. And I think time has caught up with the Pats and is now passing them by. UP 13 in  the 4th and you can't win the game. That is poor. But scoring only 6 points in the second half is even more poor. The Pats are lucky this division will remain open for the taking.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  It is really too bad though. I really wanted to see Brady win one more Super Bowl , but I really do not see it happening.  I do not know if BB has lost odometer of his edge, but it seems like it.  Sometimes you just have to take some chances and see what happens instead do just sitting back.  I am not sure why we not run more today, but we need more balance.  All we needed was one or two first downs at the end of the game to close it out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The running game has been feast or famine, not showing up in half the games so far.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to brazilnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  It is really too bad though. I really wanted to see Brady win one more Super Bowl , but I really do not see it happening.  I do not know if BB has lost odometer of his edge, but it seems like it.  Sometimes you just have to take some chances and see what happens instead do just sitting back.  I am not sure why we not run more today, but we need more balance.  All we needed was one or two first downs at the end of the game to close it out.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see Brady getting another SB either. Not with a mickey mouse D like this. Even an average D might do the trick; but not this. And the running game continues to be unable to assist him when the game is up for grabs against a tough D.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to brazilnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see Brady getting another SB either. Not with a mickey mouse D like this. Even an average D might do the trick; but not this. And the running game continues to be unable to assist him when the game is up for grabs against a tough D.

[/QUOTE]

GET OFF OF BRADY'S NUTS HOLY SH!T HE MUST BE STRUGGLING TO BREATHE.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is ridiculous for you to inject Tom Brady into a Peyton Manning comment. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to PATSthebest's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB needs to be challenged on his draft picks.

[/QUOTE]

It's not the draft picks. 

The problem is BB.  He lacks imagination.  The team doesn't blitz.  No blitzes at all - no tricky schemes.

He also has no deep passing game - so everything is a 3 - 5 yard pass.

I'm ready for the Gruden era to begin.  Hire Gruden and win 3 superbowls with him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

he pariots won 2 SBs when Brady was very good but the defense was excellent and creative.

Now that Brady is a star and BB is too lazy to come up awith a single blitz package - they haven't won any SBs

Gruden or Cowher - take your pick.  It is time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I find it astonishing that people actually ask why we didn't run more today.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he pariots won 2 SBs when Brady was very good but the defense was excellent and creative.

Now that Brady is a star and BB is too lazy to come up awith a single blitz package - they haven't won any SBs

Gruden or Cowher - take your pick.  It is time.

[/QUOTE]

i guess its all BB's fault that bruschi and harrison and seymour and law, and the rest of the crew couldnt be reborn and keep playing here.....BB has done very well with what he has on defense....only so much you can do, you can only coach the db's so much, at the end of the day they have to make the plays....we all know mccourty and arrington have the skill to play corner in this league, they just havent seemed to have the mental make up this year and last year....also, chandler jones is a stud, hightower looks good so far as well....its not all on the defense.

Sections
Shortcuts