The Bottom Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Bottom Line

Enjoy the ride guys:

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 58m

I don't view Patriots any differently today than before game. They can beat anyone ... and lose to anyone. Resilient but flawed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: The Bottom Line

Applies to most NFL teams. On any given Sunday!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

No offense to Reiss but this was my take before the last game. Enjoy the ride. Now the ride is over. Time to lift up those metal bars and make room for the next set of kids to ride. Sure we have a couple more games and most likely a playoff berth but its gonna be an excercise in futility for me who puts winning a lombardi as the only goal or accomplishment in postseason. Lets face it, this team has lost in every possible way since 2005 in the playoffs. There is nothing new to see. Just gonna be another dissapointed end to a once promising season.

That Defense aint gonna get us no where. Factor in the spotty O line and no redzone targets. This Defense cant win games so kicking field goals will have us on the couch.

Sure our defense may step up a little in the playoffs but man we are cooked. We cant get off the field when needed. Road dont get easier.

I dont want to ruin the "lets stay positive" thread and I may change my tune once it settles in after a couple days but right now I dont feel so good.  I wont post anymore on this thread pcmiv and my apologies for the negative outlook.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

It's all good Triple.  I think we all knew this was going to happen once Gronk went down (ok maybe not all of us).  I even said it in the Gronk thread myself that our chances at a Lombardi took a major hit with that injury.  I just don't get why people are reacting the way they are after the loss.  That's the way this team is this year.  Maybe we can conjure up some magic in the playoffs.  Stranger things have happened.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No offense to Reiss but this was my take before the last game. Enjoy the ride. Now the ride is over. Time to lift up those metal bars and make room for the next set of kids to ride. Sure we have a couple more games and most likely a playoff berth but its gonna be an excercise in futility for me who puts winning a lombardi as the only goal or accomplishment in postseason. Lets face it, this team has lost in every possible way since 2005 in the playoffs. There is nothing new to see. Just gonna be another dissapointed end to a once promising season.

That Defense aint gonna get us no where. Factor in the spotty O line and no redzone targets. This Defense cant win games so kicking field goals will have us on the couch.

Sure our defense may step up a little in the playoffs but man we are cooked. We cant get off the field when needed. Road dont get easier.

I dont want to ruin the "lets stay positive" thread and I may change my tune once it settles in after a couple days but right now I dont feel so good.  I wont post anymore on this thread pcmiv and my apologies for the negative outlook.

[/QUOTE]

You are on fire TripleOG, agree with everything you are sposting in many threads here today.  And agcsbill does remind us all of the obvioius, any given Sunday... but it's not a one game season at this point there are several games left and it's close to the point where it will soon be a one and done season.  I have confidence that this team can find a way to win most games on any given Sunday, but not multiple games in the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe we can conjure up some magic in the playoffs.  Stranger things have happened.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps.  We have witnessed the Giants and Ravens hit a stretch of good luck, good play at the right time to win it all, why can't the Patriots?  Unfortunately at this point I just don't see how they can do it.  Not without the defense stepping up and not without some healthy bigger targets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What, most likely, is frustrating Pats fans here, injuries aside, is how lopsided the way the team has been performing these last few years.  The offense scores and scores and scores.. until this year.  The defense, well, just doesn't seem to defend, defend, defend. When we get late into a game and the Pats are down, there is a high level of confidence the offense can score and pull it out.  Conversely, if the offense is stymied, but, the team is still ahead, the confidence in the D to stop the other team and preserve a win is significantly lacking.

Coming into this season, there was a somewhat high level of confidence this year's version of the defense may be the best we have seen in years.  Then it all went to h*ll in a hand basket.  Other NFL teams have suffered more than their fair share of injuries and we do need to stop acting like the Pats are leading the pack here, they are not.  Just seems like it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Hey, the team has been pulling rabbits out of hats all year.  Yesterday they damn near did it again.  Did I like the loss?  I did not.  Do I still believe the team has a shot?  You betcha.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What, most likely, is frustrating Pats fans here, injuries aside, is how lopsided the way the team has been performing these last few years.  The offense scores and scores and scores.. until this year.  The defense, well, just doesn't seem to defend, defend, defend. When we get late into a game and the Pats are down, there is a high level of confidence the offense can score and pull it out.  Conversely, if the offense is stymied, but, the team is still ahead, the confidence in the D to stop the other team and preserve a win is significantly lacking.

Coming into this season, there was a somewhat high level of confidence this year's version of the defense may be the best we have seen in years.  Then it all went to h*ll in a hand basket.  Other NFL teams have suffered more than their fair share of injuries and we do need to stop acting like the Pats are leading the pack here, they are not.  Just seems like it. 

[/QUOTE]

It's painful to think that the D has been rebuilding for 6 years now and we are no closer today as we were in 08'. It almost feels as all the progress they made is about to be lost too. I don't think they will bring Talib back and I'm not sure Ryan is ready to fill in those shoes, Wilfork is a year older now with a injury that could affect him moving forward, the completely lack of depth at DT is something I thought I'd never say about the Pats, Spikes might or might not be back after his contract, we are tied to Arringtons contract because it would cost more to dump him than to keep him at this point, and we are still looking for a SS. It seems like no matter how many draft picks are spent (and there have been a ton on D) there are just as many holes as there were a couple years ago. That's frustrating

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey, the team has been pulling rabbits out of hats all year.  Yesterday they damn near did it again.  Did I like the loss?  I did not.  Do I still believe the team has a shot?  You betcha.

[/QUOTE]

If yesterday's game, considering the odds, is going to be the only game remaining this year in which the Pats DO NOT pull out a win, we'll all be VERY HAPPY!  The Pats have a shot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Umm, in case anyone hasn't noticed that two starting tackles are out for the season.  One (VW) is arguably one of the best NT's in the game.

Their starting ML, one of the best in the league and the QB of the defense out for the season.

Various secondary personnel out for weeks at a time messing up any kind of continuity they  may have had at the beginning of the season.  Talib-hip, Dennard-knee & shoulder, Arrington-groin, Gregory-thumb, Spikes-knee.  

It amazes me that they are not getting blown out every game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Even with injuries, they can beat anyone in the AFC. Unfortunately, I think the NFC is a different story.

Just imagine this team when it's healthy....which seems to be the ticket to the superbowl every year now....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey, the team Brady has been pulling rabbits out of hats all year.  Yesterday they he damn near did it again.  Did I like the loss?  I did not.  Do I still believe the team has a shot?  You betcha.

[/QUOTE]

I fixed that for you ATJ.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Giants team in past have shown 9-7 type teams can get hot............it isn't over till the last game. Get in the playoffs and let it ride.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Maybe we can conjure up some magic in the playoffs.  Stranger things have happened.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps.  We have witnessed the Giants and Ravens hit a stretch of good luck, good play at the right time to win it all, why can't the Patriots?  Unfortunately at this point I just don't see how they can do it.  Not without the defense stepping up and not without some healthy bigger targets.

[/QUOTE]

All you have to do is remmember back to 2006 and that 32nd ranked colt D against the run and the outcome they had in the playoffs.

The playoffs are different animal teams tend to get tighter and more conservative on offense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hey, the team Brady has been pulling rabbits out of hats all year.  Yesterday they he damn near did it again.  Did I like the loss?  I did not.  Do I still believe the team has a shot?  You betcha.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK.  Not to side with Rusty because we all know about his agenda but I am now totally convinced that you're Gay for Brady.  LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are on fire TripleOG, agree with everything you are sposting in many threads here today.  And agcsbill does remind us all of the obvioius, any given Sunday... but it's not a one game season at this point there are several games left and it's close to the point where it will soon be a one and done season.  I have confidence that this team can find a way to win most games on any given Sunday, but not multiple games in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

My biggest dissapointment was after Denver loss I figured BB would have these guys fired up and playing for something. Lets face it, that was a playoff game due to the possible # 1 seed on the line and thats how we played?!  This IS playoff time and that was a sobering effort from our defense. Coaching can overcome the loss of Gronk in the endzone. (playaction, run the ball, fade routes to Dobson, if/when he returns) but we all know BB cant coach the D to be dominant. Too many injuries has this D looking worse than last year and wow,....4 million to Arrington?? why is Cole playing over Logan Ryan and what happened to Dennard? ..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

we have Tom Brady. With him all things are possible. And BB MAYBE can coach that D into a a scheme that makes them successful. I still think we have a legitimatshittt getting out of the AFC. Now when it comes to playing the SB that's a whole other story. 

I have faith in BB/TB and a Manning choke to get us to NYc. And my thought is, once we get to NYC anything can happen. Just one great game outta everyone and the Lombardi is ours. 

We still can win AFC

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

My biggest dissapointment was after Denver loss I figured BB would have these guys fired up and playing for something. Lets face it, that was a playoff game due to the possible # 1 seed on the line and thats how we played?!  This IS playoff time and that was a sobering effort from our defense. Coaching can overcome the loss of Gronk in the endzone. (playaction, run the ball, fade routes to Dobson, if/when he returns) but we all know BB cant coach the D to be dominant. Too many injuries has this D looking worse than last year and wow,....4 million to Arrington?? why is Cole playing over Logan Ryan and what happened to Dennard? ..

[/QUOTE]

Once again, I agree with everything here.

Hat and t-shirt game, path to the SB going through New England, both on the line and still not enough to fire up the troops to play good football and take advantage of the Denver loss. Cole does not deserve to be out on the field, PERIOD!  I like what I hear about him off the field but nice, good guys doesn't carry over to the field.  The defense is bad. Dennard looked very bad. LB's are slow. We can all fall back on the injury excuses but that isn't going to help this team win.  The NFC would blow the Pats out in the SB if they even made it that far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Giants and Ravens had good and/or clutch defenses however

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's painful to think that the D has been rebuilding for 6 years now and we are no closer today as we were in 08'. It almost feels as all the progress they made is about to be lost too. I don't think they will bring Talib back and I'm not sure Ryan is ready to fill in those shoes, Wilfork is a year older now with a injury that could affect him moving forward, the completely lack of depth at DT is something I thought I'd never say about the Pats, Spikes might or might not be back after his contract, we are tied to Arringtons contract because it would cost more to dump him than to keep him at this point, and we are still looking for a SS. It seems like no matter how many draft picks are spent (and there have been a ton on D) there are just as many holes as there were a couple years ago. That's frustrating

[/QUOTE]

It's painful to think that the D has been rebuilding for 6 years now and we are no closer today as we were in 08'.

Calling Rusty...come in Rusty...do you read me Rusty?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Giants and Ravens had good and/or clutch defenses however

[/QUOTE]

when did they figure that out?..............after going 9-7? or in post season?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Outside of Seattle , there isn't a team we cant beat even with this depleted squad. At least this team knows how to play close games and as I recall our last 5 Super Bowls, wins and losses were all close games

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe, Babe, Babe; what was I thinking?  Must be my old age creeping in again, eh?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe, Babe, Babe; what was I thinking?  Must be my old age creeping in again, eh?

[/QUOTE]

I have to believe, between us, once can cover for the other, when we are having our "senior moments".

Sections
Shortcuts