The Bottom Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: The Bottom Line

You can't win it all at this time of year but you can certainly lose it all!

Please bear this in mind before posting something stupid, yesterday was Miami's superbowl alot of those players have never and will never play to the level they played at again. The team almost won btw.

Now we have an angry BB and Brady heading to Baltimore, if we win their season is over. This forum will look alot different next week if that happens

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Bottom Line is this team was on the doom and Gloom list all last week and they came out and Played a good first half and were leading  10-0.  this was the good part since Miami wass a tough opponent and the Patriots responded with execution on both offense and defense.

they then gave up 17 unanswered points in a letdown effort where the offense played down to the letdown of the defense (complimentary downward spiral).  The big play was the TD to Wallace where the DBs of the patriots were exposed.  (weird that Cole and Gregory are both ex-Jets and were right there but failed to tackle or hit Wallace.)

4th quarter provided a mixed bag but bottom line is Patriots Failed in the complimentary football area.  D needed to pick up the O and vice versa whel both needed to pick up the Special teams and could n't do it.  Sh1t happens...  including blown calls too, that just adds to the fun.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Enjoy the ride guys:

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 58m

I don't view Patriots any differently today than before game. They can beat anyone ... and lose to anyone. Resilient but flawed.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Like I've said, I'll roll the dice with this team vs anyone in this league. One positive play here or there and that's a win yesterday.

I could see if they were getting blown out like the Jets every week, but that ain't the case.

[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the game?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

My agenda is to be objective

[/QUOTE]

Dude, you have a problem with not telling the truth.  Here is another example.  You have never been objective.  I am pretty sure you don't know how to be objective.

Seriously, all the comments you have made on yesterdays game and you weren't even watching it, that is ridiculous.  Have you watched it yet?  And I don't mean just the highlights.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

YES, MORON. 

The offense in the 3rd was atrocious.

[/QUOTE]

Hope you weren't still in the no name calling contest.

There was a stretch there that TFB couldn't find any open receivers. 

Once again, the defense allowed a game losing drive with just minutes left.  Flashback to the last two Super Bowls.  That was atrocious!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bottom Line is this team was on the doom and Gloom list all last week and they came out and Played a good first half and were leading  10-0.  this was the good part since Miami wass a tough opponent and the Patriots responded with execution on both offense and defense.

they then gave up 17 unanswered points in a letdown effort where the offense played down to the letdown of the defense (complimentary downward spiral).  The big play was the TD to Wallace where the DBs of the patriots were exposed.  (weird that Cole and Gregory are both ex-Jets and were right there but failed to tackle or hit Wallace.)

4th quarter provided a mixed bag but bottom line is Patriots Failed in the complimentary football area.  D needed to pick up the O and vice versa whel both needed to pick up the Special teams and could n't do it.  Sh1t happens...  including blown calls too, that just adds to the fun.

PLease tell me you have higher expectations with Brady and how our offense can be run to score more than 20 points in these games?

1/4 in the red zone is not good, nor is a missed FG from 48.

Reminded me of the Seattle game last year.  D played just fine waiting and waiting for the offense to do anything in the 3rd or into the 4th.

It seemed like after the missed FG on the opening drive, the offense just was indifferent.

This offense misses Bolden, but the playcalling yesterday left a lot to be desired.

At worst on 3rd and 1 from the goal line, you have at least one run play and more clock run off.

We've got issues in game management in recent weeks.  

[/QUOTE]

The key to my post was the word complimentary...  since the team failed on both sides of the ball to pick up the other.   If you want to try and measure the degrees of failure vs. the corresponding opponents adjustments , that will get into a tiresome analysis that will have no real conclusion possible. 

Patriots played a ball control style which I for one called for.  Move the chains get points.  The down side of this is you burn clock and limit your own possessions as well as the opponents"... limiting your point total.  The upside is you are moving the ball and getting into a rythym as an offense.

Agreed the 1-4 red zone performance is bad.  But that style of play is usually associoated with a defense that can hold down the opponent.  It almost worked in the end but a couple missed plays by both units caused the L ....   bottom line.

the 2 biggest (IMO) were ...  D-  blown tackle on Wallace TD.   O-  dropped TD by Amendola.

Sections
Shortcuts