The Bye Week ..... by Palookaski

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

The Bye Week ..... by Palookaski

While we're at it .... is a good timeframe for giving Kudos to our forum members. Let's try this method.

Let's give our terrific posters and commenters positive credit for doing a great job for the Forum. Lets' all thank them in ways we appreciate thier effort(s) for wonderful entertainment and info.

Collectively, thier good work should be recognized. This post is only one way to do that.
    Now, I ask, which posters would you pick - from what you read from others - from a virtual owners of the Patriots standpoint; for VP, General Manager, Head Coach, O and D coords, LB coach, RB coach, WR coach, TE coach, DB coach, ST coach, Head of player personell, etc.

Here are my choices: Note: My reason for my choices would be long and drawn out, so I'll intentionally keep it short. Pick your own choices and reasons. Ok, I'll break the ice.

VP - Prolate - All around, Understands all facets of the Game, O, D, Cap, agents, Union, NFL Rules
    assistant to BK himself. Prolate finally gets his 50 yard seat on high, smacks hands with RK.

VP of Operations and Player Personell - LOW-FB_IQ, a positive direction building a team, understands value, stable and intelligent, eager to listen to others and takes firm control of board meetings. What's not to like about him?

GM - Patseng - Understands, O, D, Cap, proper Team building. Great decision making. FA & UDFs

HC - ZBellino - The professor, both sides of the Ball. Motivator, Situational FB, Game planning, critical matchups.

O Coord - My toughest decision here!  Pezz4Pats really does understand the importance of the run
    game. Pats Eng as GM will temper any disagreements and the HC ZB will define the general game plan,  Pezz would work well with ZB as HC, no doubt. Pezz4Pats values TOP, clock management, etc.

O'line Coord - TBF12, knows the depth value of the system and need for top talent first.

RB Coach - Mia76, understands (if i recall) the RB by committee concept, but Mia76 is open minded. Rusty a good pick here too except Rusty is converse to RB by committee. I'm not sold on either method yet.

D Coord - Wozzy - he is the D'man, understands all facets of the D.

D'line Coord - Niemnd, Go young and tough here with Niemnd. He and Wozzy make a good tandem.

WR coach - Ghostofjr, contributes and supplements the overall passing schemes. Knows TBs' capability and critical matchups from week to week.

LB Coach - Triple O, this guy knows the D and a great value here.

DB Coach - Triple O could double up here very easily. Hes' got the D'headphones on to communicate.

ST Coach -  Coolade is a good voice and adviser on this.

Finance ,Cap, and Union and agent negotiator. - Rusty, Understands the cap, agents,  future and present dangers, warnings. Understands best -in my view- other Teams personnel and how they generally operate, etc.

Director of Scouting and draft Coord info .... MB,  not debatable IMO

Team publicity Director - TexPat, Posseses good mind, Good writer and knows how to wrap-up the
    Teams performance(s), pros & Cons. He could handle this without controversy with keen interest

Patriots Spokesperson for Media (Team Brand) - ATJ, no question, cool and collected, right answers. The media would get great answers, BB-esque.

International Team Correspondent - Danish Pastry - always a stabilizing poster with smart insight with interesting comments. I Enjoy him. Prosit! Skol!

Oh, Team statistician? Ok Babe, you're in. Great stats from you.

This OP is meant to be fun but - more importantly- tell us who your favvy posters are according to your own observations over time. No need to fill-in the complete set, so partitons or just comments are OK.

So wahddya think? Could the Patriots win a REAL game with this staff in charge? Hmmm ...

ps;There are so many real good posters and commenters, and, when I/we name people we tend to leave people out. No disrespect meant at all, you're all good and I appreciate the good reading thereof. I intentionally restricted myself to just a single choice for each, but feel free to add more than one. I don't post much because you people are the main source of info for everything Patriots with a job, well done.

Thanks and kudos to All .....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: The Bye Week ..... by Palookaski

Rusty could play quarterback and probably better than brady

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

That was cool... good work!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

Good thought but I think there would be too many 'delay of game penaltys' - you know getting the play off on time; becuase Rusty would complain too much with the O'Coord Pezz4Pats ... see what I mean? LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

As long as I get to pick my own players, both Niemind and I would like to spend our next #1 draft pick on a nose tackle...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wow!  Outstanding work, Palookaski!!!  That was a fun read, thanks for the mention!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You missed the most important guy...me. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

LOL ..... There is one spot open. The koolaide squirter - is that you? lol Only kidding 49.

Thanks people, I thought this is a another way to show appreciation for the Board members. Please add on folks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

palookaski, I totally agree with TFB12 - a very fun read and I too thank you for the mention.  I would hasten to add, however, that there are a number of posters here who are easily more eloquent than me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

LOL ..... There is one spot open. The koolaide squirter - is that you? lol Only kidding 49.

Thanks people, I thought this is a another way to show appreciation for the Board members. Please add on folks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

What a fantastic concept. very nice job and very well thought out. KUDOS!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

BTW, ATJ may already be better than Stacey James. Always have to read in between the lines to understand what he is getting at.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Neat...

Hey, I could be the HR Director.. keep everyone in line and polite to each other.  We know we can get sort of "b*tchy" with one another here sometimes!!!  I like to add some "calmness" to discussions and common sense!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Man, Pal, I need to print this out a send it to Bob Kraft! Thanks dude.  I nominate you for Director of Marketing for coming up with creative new ideas! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Man, Pal, I need to print this out a send it to Bob Kraft! Thanks dude.  I nominate you for Director of Marketing for coming up with creative new ideas! 

There you go, prolate...  like a VP.. provide some ideas to the Chairman to improve the company!!!  LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I agree!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Thanks for including me in the team Bro!

I was actually thinking about trying to post some football oriented things this week. I will use your thread if you dont mind.

I actually think the Panthers game coming out the bye could be a tougher matchup than Denver. Panthers have a great running game and a QB thats a threat to run as well. Now maybe paying 2 backs wasnt the right move but you cant argue results. We saw a BIlls team with no QB almost beat the cheifs with just 2 dynamic backs. So imagine 2 feature backs with a legit running QB who can throw? A tight end in Olsen, sure to give our linebackers fits and on the road against an unfamiliar foe. This is the Game we need to prepare hard for.

VS the Panthers we will need to stop the run and contain backside for bootlegs. Double the TE and hope Dennard locks up S.Smith. I would put Talib on Lafell. Smith is too small and shifty for Talib. They are 8th in rushing and we are 31st vs the rush. This is why I said it may be a harder game than Denver who passes alot. we posses the 5th rated pass defense.*(maybe cuz teams wanna run on us)

I dont like that we have Panthers/Broncos back to back AND prime time games. Those take a lot of out of you. Then right back on the road to Texas to face an upstart Team riding high with their Qb sensation Keenum! Wow he looked Great Sunday! Franchise Qb? IDk but he is gonna be tough to defend. He was making throws ALL over the field.

Coming back home will be nice but the Browns are no easy out as we found out a couple years ago. I do believe we beat the Browns but its gonna be a tough game to score points. Close, low scoring affair.

Dont know what happened to my fonts! Moving on

Dolphins, Ravens, Bills to end the season. Just give me 2 out of 3 of those. I see this team maybe being 13-3 at the end but could easily be 14-2 or 12-4 depending how we play.

I like the position we are in. Sure I would like us to be healthier but gregory with a thumb instead of broken wrist is encouraging. Harmon is ok in spots. Let him get some experience until gregory returns and then we have the ability to play big nickel in playoffs.

btw! The Cheifs are a joke. They have won the games played, but that schedule?!?  Please! We will ROLL on them. Denver! Ok, gonna be a good game. WHY NOT US!??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

Good thought but I think there would be too many 'delay of game penaltys' - you know getting the play off on time; becuase Rusty would complain too much with the O'Coord Pezz4Pats ... see what I mean? LOL

Ha

No QB, ball washer.  And even then.........

Coach:  Rusty, did you clean the balls?

Rusty:  "Yes I did coach, I am the best ball washer in the NFL"

Coach:  " What is that dirt all over them?"

Rusty:  " Someone, either the press or Goodell, must have come by and dumped dirt all         over  them.  It's a conspiracy."

Coach:  " stop lying and clean those balls"

Rusty:   Yes coach, We wouldn't want TB to have any excuse for SUCKING", as he smears grease all over them, and mumbling something about, "why would a supposed GOAT need clean balls anyway?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

So wahddya think? Could the Patriots win a REAL game with this staff in charge? Hmmm ...

Thanks and kudos to All .....

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didnt see that last part the 1st time. Thought you wanted real football talk..lol

I actually think with the wealth of knowledge in here we COULD run a football team and probably get a few wins. Boston fans generally know their stuff(not sure about north carolina) but I think the biggest issue would be the staff getting along. I mean guys are in positions but its usually who you know, not because you know things about football that we dont. If we were trained for the job and promoted within like the guys here now. ..Why not? Not all fans, but most here know their shyt pretty well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I gotta give props to Anomymis for being here daily and not annoying people, rather he usually tries to get good discussion going. Asks good questions and doesnt seem too extreme and is even keeled. Its sad cuz I have lost touch with many good posters over the years and cant even recall most of them now. A lot of them showed up last week and its good to know they still read the board even though they gave up posting. I cant blame them

I always found prolate to be a good smart fan,. no agenda. agcs bill. T-cal, pezz and parilli for owning rusty when Im away, Cableswynbrain, Hanna72, Shinez, trouts, ghost, tfb12 for all that he does here, Mthurl, texpats for his hard work, getzo(coolest guy here), patseng(dedicated, passionate), atj(voice of reason), rusty for giving me laughs, Ramekap who doesnt post often here but is insightful, rkarp for insider info, MB(level headed, college expert), ZBellino for knowing the ins and outs of football and applying it in context)

Many more but cant recall the old heads at the moment. Not many knew posters I like as they all seem to be trolls now.

qaugmire is a good dude too. We had some friction early. I see a post up now about bredbreu and wonder what happened to him. Another passionate guy who was a good poster. S*cks that this board is full of trolls now and they have almost succeeding in taking the board over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

BTW, ATJ may already be better than Stacey James. Always have to read in between the lines to understand what he is getting at.

May I respectuflly inquire, sir, as to which 'he' are you referring?  Just askin'

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

May I respectuflly inquire, sir, as to which 'he' are you referring?  Just askin'

You are the master with certain posts of getting your message across without being overt about it. Totally meant as a compliment.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Shyt if he doesn't want it, I'll take it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

You are the master with certain posts of getting your message across without being overt about it. Totally meant as a compliment.

And I thank you, sir.  One does what one can with one's but humble assets.  But I'd rather not have to face some of those media mad dogs with their 'When-did-you-stop-beating-your-wife' queestions.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Shyt if he doesn't want it, I'll take it!

LOL!!

Sections
Shortcuts