The Chargers are sweating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: The Chargers are sweating

The Charger team, nor its fan base, are worried about the turmoiled Broncos or the stagnant Chefs. The only team that warrants concern is the physical Pittsburgh Steelers. Teams that did not win a playoff game last year are longshots at best.  http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jun/11/chargers-turner-believes-players-primed173118/?chargers
    Posted by jbolted

That's the most ignorant statement I've read on this forum in quite some time, and that's saying something.

You actually believe that the Pats are "no threat" because they weren't in the playoffs last year? Especially toward a dolts team that hasn't won anything since, what, 1994? Dispite what your own GM says? Despite what vegas says? Despite what virtually every talking head the the sports biz puts the the pats the steelers 1 and 2 in power rankings and despite an actual objective analysis of what they'll be putting on the field in 2009?

Why don't you go ahead and bet the house on that one homer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In no way am I 'wishing' Brady gets hurt. Merely stating the obvious, if he goes down the Pats are dust. With a knee, its a real possibility. Especially because QB is the position that everybody wants to attack.   
    Posted by jbolted

Doesn't that same possibility and logic apply to philip rivers or did I miss something?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

How can you assume O Connell won't be as good or better than Cassel ? One player does not have greater value than the entire team. It's safe to assume that since A J drafted English he can't be too confident that Merriman will remain healthy for the entire season and Merriman is gone as a FA anyway. Last year (and this year evidently) all I heard was about was how the Chargers lost 8 games because of the injuries they sustained. The Pats lost the best QB in football for an entire season, their best OLB (thomas) for half a season, their best CB  to free agency (Asante)and became involved in the rebuilding process from prior championship teams (and with Harrison, Hobbs and Vrabal gone they still are) and they WON MORE GAMES THAN SAN DIEGO. One overtime loss kept the Pats from the playoffs. Rivers put up some great numbers last year ; how many games do the vaunted Chargers win without him 5 or 6. The defense looked terrible last year and you can pin that on the absence or presence of whomever you like Jbolt.  You keep mentioning the fact that you stomped the  Pats but good, we destroyed your only division rival. Matt Cassel's Patriots were 2-4 vs playoff teams and the lauded Rivers was 1-5; the only win being in the playoffs he would not have made, with the record he had, in other division. He even lost the trade battle to Brees. All this and I really still think the Chargers are the class of their division, but Stan Humphries has had better post-season success than Rivers.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

I saw him play every game in college at SDSU, he's not that good. Has a propensity to make dumb mistakes. Turnovers, bad reads, happy feet. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

That's the most ignorant statement I've read on this forum in quite some time, and that's saying something. You actually believe that the Pats are "no threat" because they weren't in the playoffs last year? Especially toward a dolts team that hasn't won anything since, what, 1994? Dispite what your own GM says? Despite what vegas says? Despite what virtually every talking head the the sports biz puts the the pats the steelers 1 and 2 in power rankings and despite an actual objective analysis of what they'll be putting on the field in 2009? Why don't you go ahead and bet the house on that one homer?
    Posted by unclealfie

I didn't say no threat, but, the rooks & 2nd year players will be the demise of this years Patriots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Doesn't that same possibility and logic apply to philip rivers or did I miss something?
    Posted by underdogg

Rivers said he feels better then he has in any of the past 2 years, Brady missed all of last season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

STRONGEST MAN IN THIS YEARS DRAFT - 39 REPS

LOUIS VASQUEZ 

The Chargers are sweating..... in the weightroom. Bring it on. #76 Vollmer is from Dusseldorf or Dusselldwarf ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Rivers said he feels better then he has in any of the past 2 years, Brady missed all of last season.
    Posted by jbolted

Odd, Brady said something similar. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

WHO HERE SAID CUTLER WAS UNCOACHABLE BEFORE DMAC LIED TO CUTLER.?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Posted by jbolted

But the basis of your statement was ONE HIT.  How does feeling good eliminate that same posibility for Rivers? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Tony Mandarich, Football,

Another strong draftee.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Quite funny! Now we have two "outsiders" arguing here on the Patriots board! Of course, JBolt is a fanatic, logic and history will not convince him of this fallacy that the Chargers are the best team ever. Although he does have ammo to spar with underdogg, as SD has truly owned the Colts lately. But they overcame the hold NE had on them, so their time may be running out. I must point out one inconsistency, though. Bolt is touting SDs draft picks, yet claiming the Patriots younger guys will be their "demise". You can't have it both ways. If one draft pick can be a force, so can any other. All three teams have their issues, but all have also shown to be consistently good. We'll see how the season pans out. I think the Colts have the toughest road, after losing such a significant portion of their coaching staff. But I still believe that (along with the Steelers) they are the "cream of the crop" in the AFC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Bub - that ownership thing, if all you are talking about is playoff wins, well I can't disagree. 

The play in those games, however, tells a bit of a different story.  Manning threw a nice soft 4 yard toss over the middle to a wide open Kenton Keith at the SD 5 yd line for an almost sure td, but Mr. stonehands couldn't catch it although it was facemask to chest high.  A very fortunate fall by a chargers lb ended up putting that player in position to let the falling ball drop right onto his body for an Int.  Had that play resulted in either an incomplete pass or a completion, I think the colts win the game. 

As for this last year, the colts couldn't overcome their injuries nor the charger's punter.  If the coaching changes don't negatively affect the team too much and injuries are more normal and not so plentiful, I expect the colts to contend for the title. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The play in those games, however, tells a bit of a different story.  Manning threw a nice soft 4 yard toss over the middle to a wide open Kenton Keith at the SD 5 yd line for an almost sure td, but Mr. stonehands couldn't catch it although it was facemask to chest high.

You say "those games", yet you are referencing one play in one game. How about all the INTs he has thrown in January. Are you implying that every one of those was due to a WR with "stone hands"? Please, put down Peyton's "101 Excuses" book, and accept reality!

As for this last year, the colts couldn't overcome their injuries nor the charger's punter.

Forget about the injuries, all teams have them (as a NE fan I can surely attest to that). As for the punter, what you're really saying is Manning was unable to drive the field...something an MVP should be amongst the best at! So again, we're right back with Mr. Wonderful himself failing.

If the coaching changes don't negatively affect the team too much and injuries are more normal and not so plentiful, I expect the colts to contend for the title. 

Well, I can agree somewhat there. As I said, injuries cannot really be used as an excuse (at least that's what Colts and Chargers fans have been telling us here for years). But the change in coaching could definitely hurt the team. Manning may not suffer as much as a lot of other players, but it is a team sport. And until they can get over the SD "hump" (like they did with NE), I still cannot consider them "title contenders".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to The Chargers are sweating:
    San Diego Chargers general manager A.J. Smith has regularly articulated his admiration for the Patriots and their consistent winning ways, which is why he viewed two major offseason moves with particular interest. When former Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli was named general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs, and former New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels became head coach of the Denver Broncos, Smith knew what it meant. The AFC West, owned by the Chargers in recent years, suddenly had a Patriotlike flair to it. "I consider it a direct threat to us," Smith said, "and I don't like it." Looks like Jbolts boys are a little worried about the new faces in the West. AJ Smith is right to be worried, while overconfident fans like Jbolt might not show us the proper respect at least their owner knows what's up. So Jbolt can make all the excuses he wants for why he is not worried about Pioloi or McDanials but the people who matter in SD are worried and rightfully so. So what say you Jbolt?
    Posted by MVPkilla
    the cheifs have royal a talented receiver.they added bobby engram,and now they are getting ready to sign amani toomer.if cassel keeps getting the possible help.the chargers wont be running away with anything.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2544/Sources--Chiefs-may-sign-Toomer.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: The Chargers are sweating:
    In Response to The Chargers are sweating : the cheifs have royal a talented receiver.they added bobby engram,and now they are getting ready to sign amani toomer.if cassel keeps getting the possible help.the chargers wont be running away with anything. http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2544/Sources--Chiefs-may-sign-Toomer.html
    Posted by mosseffect43

I thought Eddie Royal played in Denver. Is there another WR named Royal that I haven't heard of?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: The Chargers are sweating : I thought Eddie Royal played in Denver. Is there another WR named Royal that I haven't heard of?
    Posted by bubthegrub2
    your right my mistake.i meant dwayne bowe.and now toomer is signed by the cheifs.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=985

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In no way am I 'wishing' Brady gets hurt. Merely stating the obvious, if he goes down the Pats are dust. With a knee, its a real possibility. Especially because QB is the position that everybody wants to attack.   
    Posted by jbolted

While nobody with an IQ above 3 would suggest that the Pats would be well off without Brady, it should be noted that our offense was not the reason we missed the playoffs last year.  Our achilles heel last year was the Defense, not the offense.  This is not to marginalize Brady, but instead to point out that the Offense actually stood back up and was quite respectable last year.  Do not assume our season would be lost if Brady got injured again.  Our Defense should be better this year.  Could O'Connell get the job done?  Let's just say that NO fan thought Cassell would get the job done the first few games last year.  Heck, we were surprised he even made the team.  BB proved the obvious once again; he knows better than us.  If BB has faith in O'Connell, so do I.

Moral to the story... We have BB, one of the greatest coaches in football, and you have Norv.  We can lose our star QB and still go 11-5.  The Chargers barely go 8-8 in a weak division.

Using your weed-induced logic, when a team with one or two wins beats another team with a winning record, is the one or two win team better?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: The Chargers are sweating : While nobody with an IQ above 3 would suggest that the Pats would be well off without Brady, it should be noted that our offense was not the reason we missed the playoffs last year.  Our achilles heel last year was the Defense, not the offense.  This is not to marginalize Brady, but instead to point out that the Offense actually stood back up and was quite respectable last year.  Do not assume our season would be lost if Brady got injured again.  Our Defense should be better this year.  Could O'Connell get the job done?  Let's just say that NO fan thought Cassell would get the job done the first few games last year.  Heck, we were surprised he even made the team.  BB proved the obvious once again; he knows better than us.  If BB has faith in O'Connell, so do I. Moral to the story... We have BB, one of the greatest coaches in football, and you have Norv.  We can lose our star QB and still go 11-5.  The Chargers barely go 8-8 in a weak division. Using your weed-induced logic, when a team with one or two wins beats another team with a winning record, is the one or two win team better?
    Posted by carawaydj

You're from this area and you never saw O'connell at SDSU ? His collective
    body of work at SDSU stunk. Cassel is way better now. Heck, O'connell had trouble with weak Wyoming & New mexico teams  while getting routed by Utah & BYU. Talk about 8-8 all you want. If we are going this and that, 30-10 was score when the PATS and Chargers played.Thats not just winning, that a$s kicking. Maybe its the AFC East thats weak, not the west. the Chargers handled the 10-6 JEST too, in a$s kicking fashion as well. The bottom line is your team was not good enough to make the playoffs. The Chargers not only made the playoffs, but proved they belonged by winning a playoff game too. You have to do what it takes to make the playoffs, the Chargers did, the Patriots did not. BTW the Chargers have the same amount of postseason wins in the recent past as the patriots [3]. I use recent because 95% of the people here, fail to take the 'what have you done for me lately' approach, while resting on the laurels of the past. Slice it any way you want, this years Chargers will be better and have greater postseason success again than this years Patriots.        

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Except about the part where they won't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: The Chargers are sweating : Slice it any way you want, this years Chargers will be better and have greater postseason success again than this years Patriots.        
    Posted by jbolted

I'm saving this quote for later in the season.  BTW, I live in SoCal (trying to get a business up and running), but I am from NH.  I will not say that the Chargers are a bad team.  I will say however, that their individual talent is better than their records the past couple of years.  If the Superbowl was played on paper, the Chargers would already own a trophy.  They have underperformed in a weak division.  The AFC East was not viewed as a strong division at the beginning of the year, but it was not viewed as weak by the end of the year either.  You can't really believe that the AFC West was stronger than the AFC East?  

Yeah, you guys beat our a#$ last year.  I could talk about Brady and Cassell's 4th game and so on, but I won't use those excuses.  You beat us fair and square and that's that.  So now that I have your quote stored safely away on my computer, let's just sit back and enjoy the season...

It's kind of funny how the fans of the good NFL teams go back and forth at each other.  What would really make my day would be a Detroit fan coming on the board to talk trash about their team.  Surely they must have their own version of Leon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I would welcome Lions fan with open arms.

Pats fan used to know wonderful tales of woe that could keep fans of other, successful NFL teams entertained long into the night. But Pats fan has become spoiled and petulant, having lived off the fat of the land for far too long.

If I met an actual living, breathing diehard Lions fan, I would happily buy the rounds just to sit and listen to someone who knows what it is to love something with no realistic hope of ever being rewarded for it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to The Chargers are sweating:

Posted by MVPkilla

l love pulling jbolt's chain, he's such a moron. He continues to insist that "winning a playoff game" makes the dolts a genuine favorite for the SB this year. LOL!! They go 8-8 in the weakest division on football and go one and out (the one coming against the dying colts), but now they're SB favorites in jbolt's  professional estimation.
    Ignoring the GM of his own team, virtually every power ranking out there and all vegas oddsmakers he continues to insist that the dolts are a better team that the pats.

Keep it up jbolt, you're very entertaining!

BTW, I hear your all-world whiner will be out 4-6 weeks for tear duct surgery.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

There are people out there predicting a big year from the Bolts. They are no doubt talented but the same thing is said everywhere I look, as long as Nurv Turner is their head coach they will not win a super bowl. They are wasting their players prime years with a bum for a head coach and when they miss their oppertunity to win a super bowl it will be their own fault for hiring such a bum as a head coach. They should sign Mike Shannahan next off season then they are a contender.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to The Chargers are sweating : l love pulling jbolt's chain, he's such a moron. He continues to insist that "winning a playoff game" makes the dolts a genuine favorite for the SB this year. LOL!! They go 8-8 in the weakest division on football and go one and out (the one coming against the dying colts), but now they're SB favorites in jbolt's  professional estimation. Ignoring the GM of his own team, virtually every power ranking out there and all vegas oddsmakers he continues to insist that the dolts are a better team that the pats. Keep it up jbolt, you're very entertaining! BTW, I hear your all-world whiner will be out 4-6 weeks for tear duct surgery.
    Posted by unclealfie
    that pic is to funny.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

wait that pic is meant to be taken as a joke? I thought that was how LT always looked?

Sections
Shortcuts