The Chargers lost this game, the Patriots did not win it!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: The Chargers lost this game, the Patriots did not win it!!

In Response to Re: The Chargers lost this game, the Patriots did not win it!!:
    What game were you watching to come to those conclusions?
    Posted by Rocky

Maybe you were sleeping during the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Take the Win.  Burn the game film.

The Pats got lucky.  Offense couldn't do anything.  Defense couldn't stop anyone.

One fewer stupid plays by the SD offense, and the Pats would have lost.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: The Chargers lost this game, the Patriots did not win it!! : I'll give you that the game never should have been as close as it ended up being -- and some of that can be attributed to poor (coaching) decisions -- but when you travel 3,000 miles and get the win against what has come to be a bitter rival . . .  . . .   you don't "s*ck."
    Posted by p-mike

I didn't really take the Ravens game into consideration other than the fact that it was a huge win for us but judging from the fact that the ravens Defense was lifeless yesterday maybe that 5 quarter, Playoff like battle last week Took a toll on us too.
    By week 4 of Preason about half of the people here had us losing 2 games in October and there were a few that thought we wouldn't win 1 of these games.(You know who you are).
    I agree, this win was giant as was last weeks win. These are wins that get you home field advantage in the playoffs and they are all good wins and games that we would have lost last year.
    Also, The Chargers defense was the Best D we have faced this year including the Jets. Those guys are tight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Never do understand assertions like "X didn't win, Y lost". 

Couple of points germane to the issue:

*Hallmark of a good team is winning a game in which they did not play particularly well.
    *This game was won in training camp where the BB-style of avoiding dumb mistakes is ingrained into players.
    *Both offense and defense did just enough to win the game.
    *The only stat that really matters is the final score.
    *T'is better to win ugly than to lose pretty.

Oh yes; call those cliches if you wish but each of them applies to yesterday's game.
    My 2 cents.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Good teams make other teams make mental blunders.
    Posted by The-dude

It has nothing to do with the opposing team. It's about coaching and understanding the game. The pass to Hester is fundamental high school stuff. Stop padding yourself on the back for playing an ill prepared team in SD.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: The Chargers lost this game, the Patriots did not win it!! : I NEVER take pointers from someone who can't spell S T R E T C H.
    Posted by Davedsone

You're being critical of someone's spelling because they criticized your Pats. Juvenile.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Pats played good.  No mistakes - no turnovers by the Pats.  They won.  Duh!
    Posted by l52094

There's your answer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

In Response to The Chargers lost this game, the Patriots did not win it!!:
    Norv Turner must  be one of the worst Head coaches in Football. The Chargers today literally left 2 balls on the field that the Patriots converted into ten points. Almost as bad was the fact that all he had to do was go back and pass on every play 60 or more times in order to win - the Patriot Pass defense and pass rush was totally non existent. However the Patriots did their best to offset Norv Turners gifts with terrible offensive and defensive play and play calling - capped of by Belichicks idiot call on 4th and 1 at the end of the game. This game was as poorly coached by the Patriots as the Super Bowl game by the Patriots. Bring back Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis
    Posted by rlm140

Did you really watch the game or just catch the score on sportscenter...they had plenty of pass rush its just the NFL leader in passing yards is a master at getting the ball out quickly...I was impressed will Rivers...The young D played well...the O is what struggled they should of put up 35

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMC1967. Show USMC1967's posts

they played good..enough to win..
    chargers did what any pro team does..not lay down..
    they are a professional team and gave it a go..pats d.. defntly is young but 5 -1..is 5-1..W..is a w...take it..babe

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Man Oh man -Talking about being handed a W.Ugly win yesterday.Brady couldn't complete a pass(see thread about Brady's diminishing skill thread) and the Chargers handed the game to the pats. To Brady's credit he didn't whine nearly as much this week as he did against the Ravens.That was an embarrassing display and I'm guessing somebody from the organization told him to to quit the "tantrums"any time  a defender even brushed up against him. The pats just proved my point yesterday that there best days are in their rear view mirror.
    Posted by MasterHess-

LOL!  kind of like the Jests in the last 2 hames of the season last year?!?!

The Best days are behind the Pats, but yet they are tied for the best record in the NFL!  go figure....what does that say for the Jests?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I thought d played pretty dam good and thats playing that soft zone....which i hate
    offense couldnt get out of their own way and still has a way to go...

but a win in SD is a win no matter what anyone says and how much whining is done...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The defense forced a powerful SD offence to try a long shot field goal. I'd call that a great win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: The Chargers lost this game, the Patriots did not win it!! : LOL!  kind of like the Jests in the last 2 hames of the season last year?!?! The Best days are behind the Pats, but yet they are tied for the best record in the NFL!  go figure....what does that say for the Jests?
    Posted by m1024us

You don't even have to look to last year, look at last week and the fantom PI call against Denver.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

5-1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Does it matter,,,,a road win is a big win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

The Bolts had the big mo in the 4th qtr and came close to tying the game up but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Pats 5-1, Bolt 2-5.    

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonMuscle. Show BostonMuscle's posts

Leon....did the yankees win?

Have you looked at the standings, a win is a win.
    jest 5-1
    Patriots 5-1

You played football right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Bring back Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis

Crennel has KC playing good defense.  The Pats D is playing well and coming on.  The 4Q D was in the prevent mode, which we all hate it, but that's the NFL perscription.  However in the waning minutes they switched to the harder coverage they featured earlier and held off SD, as they had before....As good a job as Romeo has done, I don't think he'd be doing any better than the current Pats staff.

As for Weis obviously someone missed ND the last year and KC this year...because niether O has been anything to write home about. That said the offensive play caling yesterday was awful in the first half, and has been a mixed bag all year.  They need better...and that isn't Weis.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Is there no end in sight to the idiocy that besets these forums?

It's very simple...On the record. you either W or L pretty much in the NFL.  Ok, on a very rare occasion you might see a tie.....(Only 4 since '89)

No pictures, no editorials...just numbers.
    That's what you get in the box score...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

The PATS are what they and they are what their record says.  These are two different but not mutually exclusive things.

That said, the PATS won this game, the Chargers did not lose it.  The second on-side kick made it closer than it should have been but I note that the defense, which played pretty well most of the day, prevented the Chargers, starting at about the fifty yard line, from getting any closer than for a forty five yard field goal, which became a fifty yarder after Chargers indiscipline.  Last year the D would have given up the TD...  Now that's progress.  I credit the coaching, especially on defense, those guys are looking better and better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

ok so if the chargers lost the game, how did the patriots not win it? Does that make ANY SENSE AT ALL?????

some people are just retar*ed, did you see the score board? It read 23-20, Pats won...

Did you watch the game? I saw dominant run defense, I saw rivers scrambling out of the pocket every other play because our guys were flying in there, I saw a terrific pick by McCourty and a defensive unit that was opportunistic and smart. Yes the chargers left two balls on the field, guess who scooped them up? Yes the O played poorly but weren't we going up against the number one offense and defense? Yes we were and guess what, we came out with a win.

You want Weis and Crennel? Go watch the chiefs...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

This is funny
    The Chargers were picked by many to be in the AFC championship game.  They have a talented team.  They weer rated #1 in overall offense, and in the top 10 on defense.  They were playing at home.  Yes, the Chargers made mistakes, but good teams make other good teams pay for their mistakes. 
    The Patriots D is getting better each game, you can see it.  All that youth is learning on the fly.  This is the most athletic D I have seen in New England in a while.  The only thing that concerns me is the lack of pass rush.
    On offense, the Chargers have a good D, and the Patriots are still adjusting to life without Moss.  You ask where was Welker??  The D was concentrating more on Welker than they ever have.  They do need to do a better job of protecting Brady though, perhaps offering Mankins another contract and get him in?

Bottom line, the Patriots went 3,000 miles to play in San Diego.  They won against an AFC opponent on the road.....shut up and move on, they are 5-1 and if I recall, beat ANOTHER team picked to win it all in Baltimore last week??

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgmjgm. Show jgmjgm's posts

Who cares, they one, move on losers

Sections
Shortcuts