The Chargers lost this game, the Patriots did not win it!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Re: The Chargers lost this game, the Patriots did not win it!!

Who cares how they won?

It was against a talented team with a top notch defense that is desparate for a win.  If you were to offer me 3-1 odds today on who is going to win the AFC West (SD, Den, Oak, KC) I'm still picking SD. 

It's these types of wins that bind the new young players to their coach.  So what if he's nuts?  Over the course of the season, every season, he puts them in the best position to succeed.  Is he perfect?  Hell no.  But I'm with him all the way.   If it ain't working, he changes it without any hesitation (ask Butler and Banta-Cain).  And I'm guessing that the young defense will be fully on board by December.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

The Pats are 5-1! This is a young team! Just finding a way to win is the trait of a winner and Belichick is doing a good job with that young defense. On the offensive side of the ball, they're working on creating new chemistry after trading Moss. It takes time. I think Tate is the key. If brady can complete some 20+ yards passes to Tate. The Pats are stretching th field some with Hernandez. Hopefully Fred Taylor will be healthy down the home stretch of the season. I say pound the rock to open up the pass.

Bottom line, Your not going to win pretty every week. Just win baby win!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: The Chargers lost this game, the Patriots did not win it!!:
    [QUOTE]" Last I checked, turnovers and mental mistakes were part of the game...let me know if Goodell put out a memo to change that fact. The team that does not make turnovers and mental mistakes is not the LUCKY team; they are the BETTER team ." You are TOTALLY missing his point...  His point is that If it wasn't for turnovers, mental mistakes, poor play-calling, and poor-play execution- The Chargers would probably have beaten New England.  Like, If The Chargers had called MORE right plays than The Pats, then executed them better than The Pats, made less mental mistakes and less turnovers than New England...wow, then ya got yourself a San Diego Victory as a VERY serious possibility...  It's quite a brilliant argument actually.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Laz, for clearing that up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

In Response to The Chargers lost this game, the Patriots did not win it!!:
    [QUOTE]Norv Turner must  be one of the worst Head coaches in Football. The Chargers today literally left 2 balls on the field that the Patriots converted into ten points. Almost as bad was the fact that all he had to do was go back and pass on every play 60 or more times in order to win - the Patriot Pass defense and pass rush was totally non existent. However the Patriots did their best to offset Norv Turners gifts with terrible offensive and defensive play and play calling - capped of by Belichicks idiot call on 4th and 1 at the end of the game. This game was as poorly coached by the Patriots as the Super Bowl game by the Patriots. Bring back Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis
    Posted by rlm140[/QUOTE]

When I see "bring back Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis" comment, and then see that same person refer to a Belichek move as "idiotic".....I really have a hard time taking anything else that person says seriously....

Bottom line is that we're 5-1, and really one bad half away from being 6-0. Did you really think we'd realistically be at that point right now? Me neither...and I'm as optimistic as they come.

Don't worry, be happy.

Sections
Shortcuts