The cold hard facts.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: The cold hard facts.

Ebner was about 10 yards out of position - terrible

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The offense scored 9 points more than the opposing defense had been allowing.

The defense gave up a TD more than the opposing offense had been scoring.

Spin it however you like, but we scored about as much as we were apt to on a tough defense, while we let their anemic QB slay us through the air.

What r u talking about......we blew two great scoring opportunities inside the 10 yardline. I knew when we failed to score at the end of the half that was going to come back to haunt us..

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Run more

[/QUOTE]

More 3.3 yards a carry?

[/QUOTE]

Babe I know you hate running the ball but when it was raining hard and it was clearly affecting his ability to pass the ball (how many balls soared high or bounched at the feet of the receivers?) clearly you have to do 2 things. First commit to the run. Even if you aren't getting large chunks you need as much room for the WR to find holes as possible so you need to draw the front 7 as close to the line as possible with running plays. Sea went almost exclusive nickel in the second half and we kept throwing into it. The second is to shorten up the passes with screens, flats, or slants. This makes Brady more accurate. Think like the O in 01', death by a thousand paper cuts. I'm convinced that second int was caused by Brady throwing it to hard when he knew he had to fit it into a tight window and that he was having control issues because of the rain. So he tried to wing it in quickly to increase the accuracy and he put to much into it.

If it wasn't raining I think this would have been a different game but the rain was causing a lot more damage to the passing game then 3.3ypc was doing to the running game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Here are some facts that I saw...

Not getting points at the end of the first half was unacceptable.  Poor clock management and taking the grounding penalty was beyond rookie stuff.  It was high school freshman stuff. 

Brady set a career high in pass attempts and scored just 23 points from it.  

Terrible safety play to give up the score at the end of the game.  This is why BB dials up the prevent when the Pats have a lead. 

Do you think getting two first downs in order to run out the clock at the end of the game was too much to ask from this prolific offense?  I don't. They had two drives to acheive this, and failed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

Spin it however you like, but we scored about as much as we were apt to on a tough defense, while we let their anemic QB slay us through the air.

[/QUOTE]

Funny that when I used the same type of stats for last year's SB you jumped all over me. This is classic Babe stat cherry picking. Anything to excuse Brady even if it means ignoring facts and giving a free pass to the pisspoor play calling and clock management.

Here's some more stats... 2 INTs, 2 intentional grounding, 3rd down efficiency 44%, Red Zone Efficiency 1 for 6 16%.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here are some facts that I saw...

Not getting points at the end of the first half was unacceptable.  Poor clock management and taking the grounding penalty was beyond rookie stuff.  It was high school freshman stuff. 

Brady set a career high in pass attempts and scored just 23 points from it.  

Terrible safety play to give up the score at the end of the game.  This is why BB dials up the prevent when the Pats have a lead. 

Do you think getting two first downs in order to run out the clock at the end of the game was too much to ask from this prolific offense?  I don't. They had two drives to acheive this, and failed.

[/QUOTE]

I love how the D shut the door from then 2nd qtr on with two turnovers, nice stops, Seattle unable to do anything and just because our offense doesn't do anything in the second half other than blow chances left and right, poor clock management, etc, this is our D's fault.

I am not defending Wilson's shallow angle on that last TD, but the root cause goes way back to the 3rd qtr and the offense just falling asleep.

58 passes with the lead in the rain?!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  People choose to spin things how they want.  If all you look at is that one long TD pass, it's easy to just blame the D.  Shame that it happened but it's the easy way out.  Looking at the bigger picture, things go a little deeper than that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Why is it every single game, this same argument happens? What is the point of putting all the blame on one side of the ball?

Can anyone say (with a straight face) that either side played great yesterday? Can anyone say that BOTH sides didn't make crucial mistakes?

Weeek after week, the same old argument comes out and it's just so useless!! Why is it so hard for people to understand that we have problems on BOTH sides of the ball?

The offense was 1 for 6 in the redzone....unacceptable.

The defense gave up 7 or 8 plays of 20+ yrads to a rookie.....unacceptable.

I could name 5 other mistakes by the offense, and another 5 by the defense. Bottom line is that both sides sucked yesterday. And BOTH sides (COULD HAVE) stepped up and made one extra play that possibly could have changed the end result. For those that are convinced it's one side over the other causing these losses, you seriously need to wake up. Last time I checked this was a team sport, and our team is not contributing on EITHER side of the ball enough to win.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After rewatching the game we were lucky not to be picked 4 times. Good thing Thomas has bad hands. In the 2nd Quarter, he left his man, knowing Brady was going to Welker, jumped the route, had it in his hands for a pick 6 but dropped it. Next play TD to Aaron Hernandez. Later in the same Quarter, he had Gronk, good thing it was a bad pass, or that was an easy pick, in the back of endzone. Field Goal. He got one later, in the Red Zone.

There were plays that we were lucky too.

[/QUOTE]

I just watched the game again as well and noticed the same thing Bobby. Except I think it was closer to 5 picks. Career high in passes for our 35 year old QB in a rain and wind storm against a great defense in a city he has never played......oh yeah with the lead the whole game.

We still have to change our offensive philosophy, and of course figure out a way for our secondary to not give up un contested game winning td passes. Pressure up front would be a start.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Honestly though, as inconsistent as theyve looked, when you see the schedule, you can see them still ending up 12-4. With the injuries Baltimore just sustained, theres still a good chance of a 1 or 2 seed here. Hamg with em.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

This team cannot close a game whether it be on defense or offense.   The defensive backfield continues to be horrible and Brady isn't going to be able to do much with that OL.  I also question Brady's decision making process these days.  Prepare for a rough ride this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

We are at .500 and in the running with the Jets and Dolphins. I don't see any way this team goes 12-4, not with San Fran, the Jets twice, Houston, etc. on teh schedule. At this point, I have cashed in my chips on any 1st round bye's. We are in a fight for our lives. I would just be happy with NE winning the division. We should still have high expectations, playoff expectations, but we are not going to be be a 1 or 2 seed unless something drastic happens. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

At 3 & 3, the cold hard facts are that the Pats are going to have a hard time just making the playoffs this year.  They are looking just like the "fumbling, bumbling" Red Sox were this year.  GO PATS (gulp)! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to jaxpat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What r u talking about......we blew two great scoring opportunities inside the 10 yardline. I knew when we failed to score at the end of the half that was going to come back to haunt us..

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can't bemoan missed scoring opportunities and ignore allowing a 70 passer to put up a 133.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Funny that when I used the same type of stats for last year's SB you jumped all over me. This is classic Babe stat cherry picking. Anything to excuse Brady even if it means ignoring facts and giving a free pass to the pisspoor play calling and clock management.

Here's some more stats... 2 INTs, 2 intentional grounding, 3rd down efficiency 44%, Red Zone Efficiency 1 for 6 16%.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you heard. The offense in last year's SB was missing their biggest weapon. But you probably don't think that matters, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

To me whats funny is passing the ball 58 times and only scoring 23 points. 6 in the 2nd half. You would think this was a shoot-out.

Hope we learned from this you need both running and passing. Even if you are having tough time in gaining yards on the ground.

Even with the bad DB's play in last 10 minutes, with smart Offensive Playcalling, we should have won this easily. DB's play wouldn't have made the difference, just a closer score.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we all like running and passing. Unfortunately, the running was a joke yesterday, so we didn't do much of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Honestly though, as inconsistent as theyve looked, when you see the schedule, you can see them still ending up 12-4. With the injuries Baltimore just sustained, theres still a good chance of a 1 or 2 seed here. Hamg with em.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, they could end up with a pretty good record.

But they have a crap D and a run game that can't get yards when they need it. That doesn't bode well for winning it all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To me whats funny is passing the ball 58 times and only scoring 23 points. 6 in the 2nd half. You would think this was a shoot-out.

Hope we learned from this you need both running and passing. Even if you are having tough time in gaining yards on the ground.

Even with the bad DB's play in last 10 minutes, with smart Offensive Playcalling, we should have won this easily. DB's play wouldn't have made the difference, just a closer score.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we all like running and passing. Unfortunately, the running was a joke yesterday, so we didn't do much of it.

[/QUOTE]

So much of joke that the only red zone TD resulted from 2 runs and a pass while the other 5 were pass heavy. Once again you prove that your just a 'Brady is cute fan' and not a Pats fan or have any knowledge of football.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So much of joke that the only red zone TD resulted from 2 runs and a pass while the other 5 were pass heavy. Once again you prove that your just a 'Brady is cute fan' and not a Pats fan or have any knowledge of football.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Rusty.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

No question that the defense let themselves beaten. No question that the offense beat themselves. Throw in questionable coaching decisions and it's a recipe for mediocrity or worse.

As the Tuna said, "You are what your record says you are."