The cold hard facts.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The cold hard facts.

The offense scored 9 points more than the opposing defense had been allowing.

The defense gave up a TD more than the opposing offense had been scoring.

Spin it however you like, but we scored about as much as we were apt to on a tough defense, while we let their anemic QB slay us through the air.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Re: The cold hard facts.

Coaches make decsisons to win games, BB blew this one. Should have had the field goal before half time.

[/QUOTE]

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Run more

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Dump Josh he's a clueless front runner.  Oh and the same goes for whoever is responsible for the worst Defense in the history of Football.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Run more

[/QUOTE]

More 3.3 yards a carry?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

This wasn't all on the D. Sure they had more than thier share of gaffs but the game was lost at the end of the first half.They were handed a golden oppotunity and came away with zero points. Poor clock management. Poor O-line play. Poor QB decisions. The game was lost right there. You can't blame that on the D.  Cold hard facts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This wasn't all on the D. Sure they had more than thier share of gaffs but the game was lost at the end of the first half.They were handed a golden oppotunity and came away with zero points. Poor clock management. Poor O-line play. Poor QB decisions. The game was lost right there. You can't blame that on the D.  Cold hard facts.

[/QUOTE]

The offense scored 9 points more than the opposing defense had been allowing.

The defense gave up a TD more than the opposing offense had been scoring.

It doesn't matter if the offense was the victim of a bad call because somebody ran a wrong route. That sort of stuff happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The problem I have with this is that everyone knows the defense struggles late in the games. The offense (Qb and head coach especially) have to be more responsible in the red zone when playing a defense like this. Points are at a premium, they can't just throw them away like they did. I love Brady and Belichek as much as anyone but this was not their finest hour, the defense on the other hand i have not loved for years and it behaved how I expectedf it too (I thought it had improved but i guess not).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Bolden was at 4.7 yards per carry before he was injured. He would have made a difference if he played the whole game.

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Run more

More 3.3 yards a carry?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bolden was at 4.7 yards per carry before he was injured. He would have made a difference if he played the whole game.

Run more

More 3.3 yards a carry?

[/QUOTE]

He had most of that on 1 carry. He got only 3 yac on the other 5 carries. So I'm not so sure he was the panacea the running game needed even if he stayed in the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Run more

More 3.3 yards a carry?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but he was injured.  Woodhead actually had a very nice game.  They were prepared for Ridley, though.  The offense scored 23 points.  Not great, but good against a good defense.  What we needed was the defense to step up and get the win.  They almost did it.  They were very good against the run.  But you can't repeatedly give up big pass plays.  It just kills you.  This has been a problem for years now.  This defense seems to give up not just one, but two or three, big pass plays near the end of every close game.  It's really hard to overcome that against opponents that have good defenses.  Our offense is good, but it can't score 40 points every game.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem I have with this is that everyone knows the defense struggles late in the games. The offense (Qb and head coach especially) have to be more responsible in the red zone when playing a defense like this. Points are at a premium, they can't just throw them away like they did. I love Brady and Belichek as much as anyone but this was not their finest hour, the defense on the other hand i have not loved for years and it behaved how I expectedf it too (I thought it had improved but i guess not).

[/QUOTE]

Neither Brady nor BB expected somebody would run the wrong route (that's my guess as to what happenned), and then have some anal official decide that was intentional grounding.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Run more

More 3.3 yards a carry?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but he was injured.  Woodhead actually had a very nice game.  They were prepared for Ridley, though.  The offense scored 23 points.  Not great, but good against a good defense.  What we needed was the defense to step up and get the win.  They almost did it.  They were very good against the run.  But you can't repeatedly give up big pass plays.  It just kills you.  This has been a problem for years now.  This defense seems to give up not just one, but two or three, big pass plays near the end of every close game.  It's really hard to overcome that against opponents that have good defenses.  Our offense is good, but it can't score 40 points every game.  

[/QUOTE]

They could have and should have scored at least 26 if not 30. Essentially pissed the game away at the end of the first half.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In a game where points are a premium like this because the opposing defense is good you have to be more responsible with the ball. Brady was really bad in the second half. He nearly threw 2 more picks (that i can remember). He knows his own defense better than we do he should play accordingly. I'm a Brady guy all the way but he played bad, Belichek coached bad and the defense played at it's normal level (bad).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Agreed, ccnsd. Blame all around on this one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I said 'before he was injured'.

So they through the running game under the bus and went back to old habits, pass, pass, pass. BB could have defrosted Vereen to see if he could get something going.  In the end 58 passes a game without establishing a run game is a loss.  Woodhead only had 4 touches.

Aside from that they need to pick up some DB's and fast. Chung can't stay healthy and other than Denard the rest are terrible.  Rice was so open on that last TD I couldn't believe it especially when those two were in deep coverage. What were they asleep?

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem I have with this is that everyone knows the defense struggles late in the games. The offense (Qb and head coach especially) have to be more responsible in the red zone when playing a defense like this. Points are at a premium, they can't just throw them away like they did. I love Brady and Belichek as much as anyone but this was not their finest hour, the defense on the other hand i have not loved for years and it behaved how I expectedf it too (I thought it had improved but i guess not). [/QUOTE]

Agreed! You seem to be a source of reason here, kudos. Yes leaving points, coaching decisions. The Front D is improved but the Back D no. Wilson still had plenty of time left on the clock but he virtually threw up a Hail Mary with so much air under it -is what looked to me - The two Pats on him could not cover or at least one of them play the ball? That's what hurts besides leaving almost a sure 3 points for the win - and this board is summarily subdued.

enjoy your comments ...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Brady thinks they played "tough" this season

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Bill-Belichick-Postgame-Presser---10142012/6d98a2ed-830c-4da4-afc4-6fe16abfa4fc#/media-center/videos/Tom_Brady_Postgame_Presser_10142012/3aef68c9-8c1b-4bd4-b51a-bb5335fbc9b7

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

By ESPN Stats & Information Wilson Passing 21+ Yards Downfield  1st 5 gamesSunday Pct of tot att 8.0 33.3 Comp-att 5-10 5-9 Yards/att 14.4 22.2 TD-Int 3-1 2-0 Just how porous was the Patriots’ secondary on Sunday?

Rookie Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson completed as many passes deeper than 20 yards downfield today (five) as he has all season, including the 46-yard game-winning touchdown pass to Sidney Rice with 1:27 left in the game.

Wilson’s average pass on Sunday traveled 15.2 yards, more than twice as deep as his 7.5 average through the first five games of the season   Good job D!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

When you read the psot game comment sfrom the Pats players it's the same old "we didn't make enough plays" garbage.

No on eever gets angry.

Gronk was probably out drinking and celebrating the loss because he wasn't interviewed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady thinks they played "tough" this season

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Bill-Belichick-Postgame-Presser---10142012/6d98a2ed-830c-4da4-afc4-6fe16abfa4fc#/media-center/videos/Tom_Brady_Postgame_Presser_10142012/3aef68c9-8c1b-4bd4-b51a-bb5335fbc9b7

[/QUOTE]

This is the planet Tom Brady lives on.  PR-speak is just that.  Nonsense.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2011/12/21/208069-gisele-bundchen-and-tom-bradys-dream-home.jpg

[/QUOTE]

That's where they all tend to live. BB insists.

BB shouldn't even show at the PC. He is so not forthcoming it is irritating. The press must hate him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I like the feel good story of Ebner, but he has no place on a football field at this point. 

I can't imagine any circumstance with the game on the line, that you would have Ebner and Wilson back there with less than 2 mins to go and you know that the Seahawks are going to launch it deep... Carroll must have been drooling when he saw that. 

Sections
Shortcuts