The cold hard facts.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: The cold hard facts.

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No question that the defense let themselves beaten. No question that the offense beat themselves. Throw in questionable coaching decisions and it's a recipe for mediocrity or worse.

As the Tuna said, "You are what your record says you are."

[/QUOTE]

Yeah but don't tell babe that. He reminds me of a teenage girl who pretends to be a Pats fan because Brady is cute.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More facts...............NO safety play since Harrison. HORRIBLE play calling................

[/QUOTE]

Not one decent Safety or CB since they  lost the 2007 SB. 

How is that even possible?  It is mind boggling.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We are at .500 and in the running with the Jets and Dolphins. I don't see any way this team goes 12-4, not with San Fran, the Jets twice, Houston, etc. on teh schedule. At this point, I have cashed in my chips on any 1st round bye's. We are in a fight for our lives. I would just be happy with NE winning the division. We should still have high expectations, playoff expectations, but we are not going to be be a 1 or 2 seed unless something drastic happens. 

[/QUOTE]

The Jets are bumblers, and SF/Houston both looked a little less than human this week too. Although, in a 12-4 scenario, I counted the Houston game as a loss. Look at yesterdays game. For all the legitimate complaints, it was the intentional grounding play that cost them a win. If they kick the fg there on third down instead of running a play, they porbably win. In the AZ game it was a missed chip shot fg at the end, and the replacement refs helped them lose after putting up 30 at Bal. Are there criticisms? Absolutely, but some of those same things have been plauging other teams. Getting to the SB this year is not out of the question, but as usual, winning it might be tough once they get there. But its such a crap shoot now in the AFC, I wouldnt count anyone out, esp the Pats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No question that the defense let themselves beaten. No question that the offense beat themselves. Throw in questionable coaching decisions and it's a recipe for mediocrity or worse.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah but don't tell babe that. He reminds me of a teenage girl who pretends to be a Pats fan because Brady is cute.

[/QUOTE]

Babe is a one trick pony. But we have a lot of those on the board. Folks who say they know how football is played but tend to watch the game with blinders on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A cold hard fact to research, and I am certain someone here can do it.  I wonder, of all the NFL teams, would it not be a surprise that the Pats have LOST more games late in the 4th quarter when having a lead more than any other?   This year alone, two games, Ravens and Seahawks, the Pats had two score leads late into the 4th quarter and lost both games.  How many games since that SB42 loss has this happened as it seemed to have started that trend, losing games late when having the lead versus winning games late when needing to come from behind.  Pats have rarely done the later.  True, there are very few losses overall to count, but, when the losses did happen, it came after late game leads were blown by the D.

Think about it folks!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Agsc Willy- Brady threw an INT in the end zone and he got outplayed by a rookie. A 5ft 9 inch tall rookie-You can't just blame the D. the man love for Brady on this site is ridiculous-he's getting old and it's showing!Somebody back me up here or is that impossible?

maybe I'll go to ESPN and get an unbiased opinion of then aging brady?

[/QUOTE]

Brady did get outplayed by a rookie, but that rookie had the advantage of going against the worst pass coverage team in the NFL for the last two seasons...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Master, my post had nothing to do about Brady, I spoke of the Patriots TEAM.  Brady can make mistakes, but, he is not on the field when the D gives up two TDs to the opposition in less than 8 minutes to end the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe is a one trick pony. But we have a lot of those on the board. Folks who say they know how football is played but tend to watch the game with blinders on.

[/QUOTE]

Stop talking to yourself Rusty. It's a sign of insanity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Agsc Willy- Brady threw an INT in the end zone and he got outplayed by a rookie. A 5ft 9 inch tall rookie-You can't just blame the D. the man love for Brady on this site is ridiculous-he's getting old and it's showing!Somebody back me up here or is that impossible?

maybe I'll go to ESPN and get an unbiased opinion of then aging brady?

[/QUOTE]

Brady did get outplayed by a rookie, but that rookie had the advantage of going against the worst pass coverage team in the NFL for the last two seasons...

[/QUOTE]

Brady would break the great QB meter if he could play against his own D.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So now you think I'm Griswold too. Hee, hee. You are truly clueless.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has a lot of fake accounts. If you're not him you are certainly as dense as him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has a lot of fake accounts. If you're not him you are certainly as dense as him.

[/QUOTE]

Ouch! You wound me.  [:)]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe thinks that everyone who points out his idiocies has some kind of agenda to attack him. It's how he maintains his mentally twisted self image. he won't answer this...Brady lifetime red zone efficiency 62% - yesterday 16% yet according to babe he holds no percentage of responsibility. If you disagree you are another Rusty screen name.

Babe isn't really a Pats fan nor does he know anything about football. Think of a 15 year old girl who has a Brady shirt because she thinks he's cute but doesn't know how many men are on the field. That's babe in a nutshell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe thinks that everyone who points out his idiocies has some kind of agenda to attack him. It's how he maintains his mentally twisted self image. he won't answer this...Brady lifetime red zone efficiency 62% - yesterday 16% yet according to babe he holds no percentage of responsibility. If you disagree you are another Rusty screen name.

Babe isn't really a Pats fan nor does he know anything about football. Think of a 15 year old girl who has a Brady shirt because she thinks he's cute but doesn't know how many men are on the field. That's babe in a nutshell.

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to respond but don't want to be accused of talking to myself???..errr, yourself???... ummm, ourselves??? LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Brady played bad. He had several poor decisions and was off target on several others, having said that he DID pass for nearly 400 yards without the help of a running game and he was facing a defense that looked pretty good. The passes he had on his touchdowns were beautiful - the interceptions were flat out embarrassing. I think the point is that if he doesn't play well we lose...period. Been that way for 5 years now.

This defense stinks. If I played quarterback I'd love tp play against us...why not? You have all day to throw and you have spots to throw into that you could fly an airplane through. It's got to be the easiest matchup of the year for these guys. Watching other teams play, I've got to say I'd take just about any defense in the nfl over this one - for the simple fact that I think Belichick would get the most out of it. That's the kicker!! He is probably getting the most out of this sorry sorry bunch...too many draft mistakes and free agent whiffs. There is not a single guy on our roster that I would consider good in coverage - that's really saying something - our safeties can't cover,our corners can't cover, and our linebackers are totally lost in coverage. Never seen such a collective group of back ups in my entire life. Don't get me wrong, some of these guys can stop the run, but none of them have a clue in coverage. I long for the Whilite and Ellis Hobbs days.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Master, my post had nothing to do about Brady, I spoke of the Patriots TEAM.  Brady can make mistakes, but, he is not on the field when the D gives up two TDs to the opposition in less than 8 minutes to end the game.

[/QUOTE]

Bill, when you leave points on the field bad things seem to have a way of happening. We left a lot of points on the field for a variety of reasons. I refuse to drop the entire blame on the D. They did their job for 3 quarters. The offense did their job for 50 or so yards. The D failed in the 4th quarter and the offense failed inside the 20.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

How about a hall of fame quarterback that puts up a 62.1? That Seattle D is a hall of fame D? Yeah, they're good but not that good. When you pass every down how much of an advantage is that to the other team?  That's too much of an advantage even for Brady to get over. Poor coaching and Brady had a bad day even considering they called 58 passing plays.

BB should have put Vereen in before he completely abandoned the running game altogether. Woodhead and Bolden (before he was injured) put up over 5 yards a carry between them. It doesn't matter whether they got most of it on 1 carry or not you keep running the ball.

The D flat out sucks. I don't even have a word to describe the secondary. BB should cut all of them except Dennard and pick up some hungry kids or old vets that will at least be able to stay within 2-3 yards of the receiver and look at the ball coming. Is that too much to ask?

No 2nd half adjustments - Seattle made adjustments - the Pats were outcoached again.

I'll also stick to the fact that the entire team is sucking wind in the 2nd half once again and worse in the 4th quarter. The other teams want it more. The Pats are just mailing it in. Their consistently poor 4th quarters show that. Fire the conditioning coaches.

When the Pats were winning their SB's they played smash mouth football and they out muscled the other teams in the 2nd half. They weren't sucking wind like these guys. The Pats may as well put 11 stamped envelopes on the field in the 2nd half.

You can't bemoan missed scoring opportunities and ignore allowing a 70 passer to put up a 133.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No 2nd half adjustments - Seattle made adjustments - the Pats were outcoached again.

[/QUOTE]

This is the key point. I used to feel like if the Patriots were leading or even close at the half the game was over. Starting with Super Bowl 42, I feel like second half has been more of a problem. This season, with the expection of the Buffalo game the Patriots have not outscored an opponent in the second half this season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

bottom line be it be it the talent or the coaching  we have had the worst pass defense the last two years and so far this year the D is 0-3 when relying on them to win games  their only  saving grace at the moment is that we have generated and recovered the most fumbles

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about a hall of fame quarterback that puts up a 62.1? That Seattle D is a hall of fame D? Yeah, they're good but not that good. When you pass every down how much of an advantage is that to the other team?  That's too much of an advantage even for Brady to get over. Poor coaching and Brady had a bad day even considering they called 58 passing plays.

BB should have put Vereen in before he completely abandoned the running game altogether. Woodhead and Bolden (before he was injured) put up over 5 yards a carry between them. It doesn't matter whether they got most of it on 1 carry or not you keep running the ball.

The D flat out sucks. I don't even have a word to describe the secondary. BB should cut all of them except Dennard and pick up some hungry kids or old vets that will at least be able to stay within 2-3 yards of the receiver and look at the ball coming. Is that too much to ask?

I'll also stick to the fact that the entire team is sucking wind in the 2nd half once again and worse in the 4th quarter. The other teams want it more. The Pats are just mailing it in. Their consistently poor 4th quarters show that. Fire the conditioning coaches.

When the Pats were winning their SB's they played smash mouth football and they out muscled the other teams in the 2nd half. They weren't sucking wind like these guys. The Pats may as well put 11 stamped envelopes on the field in the 2nd half.

You can't bemoan missed scoring opportunities and ignore allowing a 70 passer to put up a 133.

[/QUOTE]

The 133 would not have occured for them if Brady doesn't toss 2 INTs, take two groundings or our own offense total 5 red zone trips with ZERO points.

It's so simple and people ignore it. The more CHANCES you give ANY QB in this game to make plays, the odds go up that he will. Why do you ignore how our offense goes cold and inept unable to push more points across or ice games?

WHat happened at the end, doesn't occur for Josh Wilson if he had committed to the run with Ridley in the first half. 

How on earth can anyone here defend 58 passes and 16 runs, most of them the subbed in obligatory variety for Ridley, especially after the rprvious o2 games with how each Bolden and Ridley were used?

WHy change it?

Wouldn't it be easier to MAKE Seattle prove they could stop our rushing attack and playaction instead of assuming our rushing attack with Brady under center wouldn't work?

How odd.  BB/McDaniels/Brady, whoever is responsible for this, is out-thinking themself. BIG TIME.

Those are the cold, hard facts.  That and people unable to admit that our offense can't fall asleep like that on the road over and over and over. 

[/QUOTE]

Bottom 5 D for past 3 years and getting worse.  # 32 for most of last year and heading there fast.  Nuff said!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts