The Colts lost not Manning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: The Colts lost not Manning

Brees outplayed Manning in the 2nd half.Outscored 25-7or 18-7 if you exclude the defensive td. The pick six was icing on the cake. When teams player better in the 2nd half (especially the 4th quarter) they almost always win. The unsung hero is DC Gregg Williams; we heard all week that a Colts offense that had two weeks to prepare could easily put up 40+ points against even the 85 Bears; and they put up 17 points against the 2009 Saints. Sean Payton's gameplan beat anything Caldwell and the worlds' greatest field general could do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: The Colts lost not Manning:
    m10 - I don't know about cockiness.  I don't know if Manning audibled into those run plays or not.  Do you?    And how do you know what the colts would have done?
    Posted by underdoggg

Maybe not cockiness....but over confident....

The Colts have done it all year....and why else would they pick 3 run plays while down by 7 with 5 minutes left? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

qball - really??  I didn't hear manning's speech re: his MVP, but I have heard him crediting his teammates plenty this year. 

For some reason (it might be fandom hatred toward Manning, IDK) your entire post is slanted in such a way that it can only deliver one outcome. 

Depending on the side you favor, you might want to contact Fox or MSNBC, they are always looking for people who can see only one side of things. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

m10 - you and I aren't talking the same language.  I am talking about the end of the first half with the colts UP 7.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

m10 - you and I aren't talking the same language.  I am talking about the end of the first half with the colts UP 7.
    Posted by underdoggg

oh

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

DOggg,

So you are talking about this series of plays?

Indianapolis Colts at 1:49NORIND
    1st and 10 at IND 1M.Hart left guard to IND 5 for 4 yards (S.Ellis).  
    2nd and 6 at IND 5J.Addai up the middle to IND 10 for 5 yards (J.Vilma).  
     Timeout #1 by NO at 00:51.  
    3rd and 1 at IND 10M.Hart up the middle to IND 10 for no gain (B.McCray). 1st down measurement.  
     Timeout #2 by NO at 00:46.  
    4th and 1 at IND 10(Punt formation) P.McAfee punts 46 yards to NO 44, Center-J.Snow. R.Bush to NO 48 for 4 yards (A.Francisco).  
    DRIVE TOTALS: NO 3, IND 10, 3 plays, 9 yards, 1:03 elapsed

Indy is on their 1 while up by 7....I would not expect them to throw the ball...and they were trying to run the clock out.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

These Dolts fans still cant blame Jughead for the loss....they are so BRAINWASHED with all the greatest in the history of the league, world, universe, etc. crap that they cant accept he choked ad cost them the game!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

2001 superbowl was won with great defense (Ty Law pick 6) but what we (and the rest of the world) remember is Brady driving down the field in the final seconds to get Adam V. in range.  This whole game was not on Manning and he is a great QB, but all we are going to remember is when he had the chance to tie the game, he instead threw a pick 6 that LOST it for the Colts. Just the way it goes... Scoreboard stll reads Brady 3, Manning 1.
    Posted by IraqSteve

F'in A, steve.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewLaw. Show NewLaw's posts

Oh, and Saints were 26th ranked pass defense this year.  Way to go MVP!

exactly and when that pick got picked i knew it was going back and that only meant one thing, everyone can stfu about Manning. The Saints completely out coached and played the Colts, Manning should have been tearing that secondary apart. To bad the real MVP was the one given to Brees.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Honestly I liked the Saints before the game and you can see that in print pre superbowl even.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

qball - really??  I didn't hear manning's speech re: his MVP, but I have heard him crediting his teammates plenty this year.  For some reason (it might be fandom hatred toward Manning, IDK) your entire post is slanted in such a way that it can only deliver one outcome.  Depending on the side you favor, you might want to contact Fox or MSNBC, they are always looking for people who can see only one side of things. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Underdoggg - I don't hate, nor do I envy Peyton Manning- you may be interested to know that I think he is a great QB

Having said that, I am old enough to remember this Peyton vs Brady type debate when it involved 2 other QB's - Joe Montana and Dan Marino  - and I felt then as I feel now - wins trump stats, more specificlly playoff+Super Bowl wins vs regular season wins+ stats - the bigs wins HAVE to count more - its the pressure that sorts the wheat from the chaff

I don't just see one side of this issue - But I happen to have a strong opinion on one side ( by the way, I am a registered independent, Fox and MSNBC are populated by clowns)

I will concede one thing as it relates to Manning - he cannot be blamed for how the media at large idolize him - of course, unlike Brady, he does nothing to discourage it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

UD,
    I agree the playcalling at the end of the second half was a head scratcher.  The Colts basically specialize in 2 minute drives and had ran scoring drives at the end of the half several times this year.  They were clearly trying to run the clock out and go into half time with the lead.  I think they changed what they do, I just don't think they would make the same call if it were not the SB.  They may not have scored but they probably would have gotten better field position before the punt and could have prevented the Saints FG.  Who knows how the events would have unfolded if they tried for a score.  To me that call stands out as the one thing that can be pointed to as inexcusable.  Nobody knew their would be an onside kick, and recovering it is sometimes just dumb luck depending on how the ball bounces.  Manning threw an INT but he basically averages an INT per game but their fast scoring style allows for the Colts to handle a turnover.  You have to expect that if your team is a throwing team than that is risk you've accepted, and every INT is not an excuse for a loss.  Now that was a bad time for an INT but it was an accident, the playcalling was not an accident.  Whoever made the calls may have cost them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I dont remember the "team" throwing the pick. When the Pats lost to the Giants Tom did what he needed to do and drove the team down the field with the go ahead TD after being pumbled all game! I love the fact is was Gayton himself who threw the pick6! That game could not have eneded any sweeter for me!!

Go Pats!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

It's important to note that the Colts lost and that Manning lost.  It's a great combination.  Usually they happen together

Sections
Shortcuts