The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak

In Response to Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak:
    Fellas - Lets get over the semantics.  You are all right.  The colts win streak is not a 22 game win streak, it is a 22 game regular season win streak.  No one is suggesting otherwise.   Everyone knows about their postseason record in this decade.  Its as if you guys think every positive mentioned for another team is somehow a slight to your team.  Its not. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Yes Dear we know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I can't stand them talking about "NFL Record 22 game winning streak"... Umm NO!! They lost somewhere in there!! I can't stand it.. the Pats won 21 in a row, for real! They won in the regular season and followed it up with a Superbowl and then more consecutive wins in the next season.  22 regular-season wins in a row.. big deal.  I don't even really care much about it when they say the Pats won 21 regular-season games in a row, to be honest, because they didn't win the games that REALLY count in that "streak". That just annoys me to hear them talk about those regular-season win streaks, only to ingore and never mention their post-season failures. I don't know if many of you guys like Skip Bayless or not, but he was talking about the Colts this decade.  Here is his comment straight from Twitter:    " For decade, must give Colts a grade of D bec. all that all-time reg. season greatness produced only 1 SB (and 1 win over Rex's Bears)." He said that they might be able to win all kinds of regular season games, but then they choke out when it comes to the post-season when it really counts.  And that in the year that they DID win it all, Peyton was terrible.  3 TD's and 7 INT's (I think), plus a win over a Rex Grossman led Bears team.  Which, to be honest, is not that great because of how pathetic Rex played and the Colts still never really blew them out like a team should have.  Another thing that irritates me is that they talk about how many wins the Colts have this decade, but they don't mention postseason wins combined.  The Pats STILL own them in that aspect - 125 combined wins this decade, compared to 121 for the Colts.  Pats have 14-3 playoff record, compared to 7-8 for the Colts. 
    Posted by jasonh86

If you can't figure out by now that the media will only tell you what IT wants you to hear......  Remember Dan Rather: It may not have been true, but I WANTED it to be true. Look around you!

As far as the SB goes, yes the Pats have won 3 SB's this decade to the Colts' one. But, the Colrs have a better winning percentage (1.000) vs the Pats .750. OK, then the Steelers are perfect in SB's in the 2000's (2-0).Which is the better stat? If this is the best arguement you have.......

Bottom line: let the media say whatever the heck they want to. IT DOESN'T MATTER! The Pats, as any other NFL team needs to go out every Sunday and either prove them or disprove them right or wrong.

I'll bet you let name callers bother you when growing up(??)......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak : Because it's Peyton Manning and the Colts, I assume.  I can't stand it.  They were calling the Pats 21-game streak an "18-game regular season streak".. nevermind our playoff and Superbowl wins in there, it's only the regular season that matters because Peyton can't win in the postseason.. just makes me so irritated to hear that nonsense.  So really, Peyton has a 9-game and a 13-game winning streak.  Here is something the Colts can NEVER do - an 18-game winning streak in the SAME season! Sure, we didn't win the last one, but nobody will ever do that.
    Posted by jasonh86

Never say never. They have as good a chance to do this, as does New Orleans, as we did two years ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak : I might not put money on Norv Turner in the playoffs, but i'll put money on Philip Rivers over Peyton Manning in the playoffs - it's been proven the past couple years.  Chargers are the Colts kryptonite in the playoffs now; can't wait to see another Colts playoff failure. To be perfectly honest though, I think the Chargers will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.  I'm not a chargers fan and I can't stand the team, but they're the best in the AFC right now - who cares that the Colts are 13-0, they're playing like crap lately and barely getting by.
    Posted by jasonh86

GOD KNOWS I'M NOT A COLTS SUPPORTER, but I think you need to put in something called "a little research" before showing what kind of idiot you are.
    Where to start.... OK, here's #1: strength of division. The Colts don't play 4 games vs "patsies" like the Raid-uhs or Chiefs, who are a combined 7-19. The Colts divisional weaklings are 12-14; hardly pushovers, no comparison. #2: Versus common opponets, the Colts are 2-0 (Ravens and Broncos). The Bolts are 1-2 (split with Broncos and lost to Ravens). #3: The Colts have 4 straight late game comeback wins vs the Patriots, Ravens, Houston, and Tennessee (combined 28-25 records. Over the same 4 games in the schedule, the Bolts have wins vs the Chiefs and Browns, a combined TORRID 5-21 record. Finally, the Colts division is stronger even after the Colts have gone 5-0 there. The Bolts can't claim a perfect divisional record seeing the Broncoa beat them once.  Bottom line: SO WHAT?????? Going 18-0 before the SB doesn't mean much (remember the Pats/Giants). But, going 13-3 beating up Our Sisters Of The Poor And Dysfunctional along the way going into the playoffs isn't worth much either.

A win is a win is a win. It's where you end up at the end of the year when all the dust settles. True, the Bolts own the Colts in the playoffs over the past few seasons. But, the Pats own the Bolts in teh playoffs, but lose to the Colts. What's it all mean? Man up and bet a month's paycheck that the Bolts will beat the Colts if they meet in the playoffs this year. I double dog dare ya!

How about waiting for the 2nd week in February to see how things shake out? Remember this: For years the Pats were accused of playing in a soft division. Yet, they backed up their play with 3 SB victories. The Bolts have yet to do this, while the Colts finally snagged one. Regular season wins means doo-doo unless you win the last game of the NFL year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If anyone here has been to the Football Hall of Fame, there is a diorama of the Patriots 21 game winning streak which includes their wins through the playoffs, including the SB and into the next season, stretching the 2003 -2004 seasons.  It is a true, uninterrupted winning streak.  The Pats repeated that with a regular season winning streak, the last 3 regular season games of the 2006 season followed by the undefeated season and winning the first 2 of the 2008 season.  If the Pats had beaten the Colts in the 2006 AFCCG and won the 2006 SB, the new "uninterrupted" streak would have reached 27 games ending with the SB loss to the Giants.  If anything, this current "streak" is only for the Colts as having broken a "regular" season streak.  How nice.  So, in terms of a true winning streaks, the Colts last tasted a loss 13 games ago not 21 games ago.  So, the Pats own the TRUE winning streak of 21 consecutively played games.  Colts need to go 2 games into the 2010 season to match this achievement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

I agree - no need to get worked up about sports media inventions and the flying gadgets they hatch out of their butts. But still, its our right to get overly pissed off when its the godd@mn media darling Peyton.  Good job Colts, a 13-0 record is a 13-0 record but oh my how im going to love it when you crack.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

This is a typical Indy record, like Manning's stats. They look awesome on paper, but I would prefer to have 3 rings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

So if the Colts win out and go 28 straight regular season but lose in the first round in the playoffs. Next year will the media still be championing this 28 regular game win streak, or will they start concentrating more on the 3 straight playoff losses. If it were my team I wouldn't be impressed with this type of winning streak if it doesn't result in any Super Bowl titles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

At what point does the 3 rings arguement become irrelevant?  I think we have crossed that threshold.  As currently constructed only about 20% of the current 53 man roster remains from the last superbowl winning Pats team.  

Regardless of the fact that Tom Brady is still QB and Bill Belichick is still coach, the connection to those teams is really gone.  The defense is what won the pats their championships and the only relevant contributors connected to that last winning team on that side of the ball are Warren and Wilfork. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

Recent history shows that the refs will try to give the playoff games to the Colts, just like they did against the Pats, San Diego and Pittsburg.  I don't think the NFL would like anything better than to have two 18-0 teams battle in the Superbowl and have the NFL Poster Boy win it all (and wipe out all Patriot records in the process).  Just saying, don't get too hopefull that the Colts are going to lose anytime soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak:
    First of all, we all know the streak is not 22 games. The Chargers ended Indy's season 2 years runnin' and the Colts have not played SD this year. Therefore, the so-called record is irrelevant in the minds of most football fans outside of Indy. Congrats to the Colts on yesterdays POSER bowl, because that's the only bowl they'll see this year. Good luck trying to make it past the San Diego Chargers, this years NFL champion on FEB 7th. The Colts will lose in the playoffs, period.
    Posted by jbolted

completely agree. As good as the colts are in the regular season they are just as bad in the PLAYOFFS!. when the real games are played. No one cares about the regular season its all about the playoffs. The colts might be a little imtimidated by how the chargers are on a roll right now, even though the chargers are not undefeated they look like the better team.

I hope the chargers beat the colts just so i can laugh @ UNDERDOGG cuz he deserves it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

At what point does the 3 rings arguement become irrelevant?  I think we have crossed that threshold.  As currently constructed only about 20% of the current 53 man roster remains from the last superbowl winning Pats team.   Regardless of the fact that Tom Brady is still QB and Bill Belichick is still coach, the connection to those teams is really gone.  The defense is what won the pats their championships and the only relevant contributors connected to that last winning team on that side of the ball are Warren and Wilfork. 
    Posted by underdoggg

lol sounds like your jealous of our 3 rings?

its ok at least you have the best REGULAR SEASON team of all time led by the best REGULAR SEASON quarterback of all time. Manning is only 7-8 in the playoffs. Tom brady the best playoff quarterback ever is 14-3 in the playoffs. that is a huge difference.

Those are just the facts, brady is a way better playoff quarterback than manning, even though i like manning i think he should easily be mentioned with the best players of all time, he hasnt delivered in the playoffs.

its obvious the colts are just not built to win in the playoffs, the core of the team lack's toughness.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Recent history shows that the refs will try to give the playoff games to the Colts, just like they did against the Pats, San Diego and Pittsburg.  I don't think the NFL would like anything better than to have two 18-0 teams battle in the Superbowl and have the NFL Poster Boy win it all (and wipe out all Patriot records in the process).  Just saying, don't get too hopefull that the Colts are going to lose anytime soon.
    Posted by fuzzy1

other option- 16-0, get slapped upside the head by #6 seed BAL or MIA in their first game.
    very possible IMO
    MIA held the ball 45 minutes vs. INDY, lucky there
    BAL 17-15 game, Ravens could've easily won that too. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

In Response to Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak : other option- 16-0, get slapped upside the head by #6 seed BAL or MIA in their first game. very possible IMO MIA held the ball 45 minutes vs. INDY, lucky there BAL 17-15 game, Ravens could've easily won that too. 
    Posted by jbolted

Certainly is possible, I don't see it happening though (they just aren't good enough... not because of an NFL conspiricy).  I think the Bolts and Pats are the only teams with a real chance to beat Indy, and the Bolts have a much better chance given your secondary.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

Stats are for losers...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

It's not a streak when multiple games have been won by bull PI calls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

We beat them when we played tham a few weeks ago. We just couldn't beat the refs. That was a 1st down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Interesting.  Shallow analysis is always simpler and therefore understood by all.  SD has beaten the Colts 4 of the last 5, therefore they will beat the Colts again when/if they play in the playoffs.  I'd think fans around here might draw a parallel to the Colt/Patriot series.  After all, the Colts had won 5 of the last 6 (if I remember correctly) prior to this year's game, and yet y'all were certain the Pats would win (and they darn near did).  Fact is: last year's playoff game means nothing.  The prior year's playoff game means nothing.  The only thing that does matter is how these two teams stack up now.  I think it would be a good game - the Chargers are a good passing and pass-defense team, which is the type of teams that have done well against the Colts this year.  Contrary to popular opinion, Indy stops the run pretty well this year, but an accurate passer can do well against the Colt D.  Personally, I think a home playoff game against the Chargers would result in a win for the Colts slightly better than 50% of the time.  Manning's still one of the best QBs in the league, despite his penchant for having a bad half here and there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

Why is a Charger fan coming to a Pats board to throw stones at the Colts?  
    Posted by MarcW1

I hear ya' - makes me wish they'd just get a room - not that there's anything wrong with that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

♫ ♪ Oh, the weather outside is frightful ... but the Colts are so delightful ... All the others already know … 13 and 0, 13 and 0, 13 and 0… Oh, they don't show signs of stopping ... and the fans are really hopping ... getting ready for the really big show .... Superbowl … Superbowl ... Superbowl! ♪♪ ♫ ♪ ...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

♫ ♪ Oh, the weather outside is frightful ... but the Colts are so delightful ... All the others already know … 13 and 0, 13 and 0, 13 and 0… Oh, they don't show signs of stopping ... and the fans are really hopping ... getting ready for the really big show .... Superbowl … Superbowl ... Superbowl! ♪♪ ♫ ♪ ...
    Posted by underdoggg

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Posted by underdoggg

Sounds like you and the colts have donned your gay apparel. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Yes dear.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to Re: The Colts 'So-Cal led' Streak : Sounds like you and the colts have donned your gay apparel. 
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Harleyking103:  I just read this and laughed my you-know-what off - good job!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

thanks simroy, any shot at trolldoggg is a good shot.

Sections
Shortcuts