The Colts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: The Colts

It's sad when the refs won't make calls that benefit you isn't itCry

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

In Response to Re: The Colts:
    In Response to Re: The Colts : I've heard the Colts talk about how they are excited about getting away from running straight cover two, and mixing up coverages more this year.  Do you think this could be a problem for them this year? I think it would help them in the long run but it would require a deeper bench for the sub packages.  Also one thing the Colts have done well over the years is replace guys on defense from guys off their bench with very little dropoff.  I think the learning curve could be steeper for young players when they have to learn multiple coverages and this may make thier parts less interchangeable.  I think in the long run, a diverse defense would help the Colts but there could be some growing pains.
    Posted by shenanigan

Shen - The cover 2 really is the way the secondary plays pass.  The colts pass defense (by the stats) wasn't their problem today.  Shaub threw for 107 yds.  I am currently through about half of the 2Q and I have yet to see the Texans run game get off, but I know its coming.  But per the stats, that was the issue - and the woeful offensive line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I know you guys are trying to sip deeply from the cup of schadenfreude, but I haven't heard a single excuse from a Colt fan.  The Colts were soundly beat.  It wasn't as close as the score.  No whining from fans like myself about the other team getting "phantom calls".  No kvetching about a league-wide conspiracy to orchestrate a Texan victory.  The Colts lost an opener - it was bound to happen one of these years...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

In Response to Re: The Colts : Which way does the wallowing run in Indy - from the fans down or the fans up?  Quit crying because someone told the IRS you were cheating on your taxes. They wouldn't have had anything to tell if you hadn't done it.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Good metaphor.  If I was harrassing pats fans (and you agree), you've got a thin skin.  But then again, we all knew that. 

My you are busy all of a sudden.  You ought to try being as present when your team fails as I am when mine does.  Until then, I'll stick with my above perception.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: The Colts : Yes, there were several holds from each game last year that still weren't called. I was reading the recaps and the writer said the Colts couldn't muster "one of their patented comebacks". I didn't know you could patent favors from the refs.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Don't worry, Polian will remind them that it's Peyton Manning out there. If the Colts aren't winning it's time to throw some flags. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Rocky - Davedsone said he has been trying to get me banned, and it happened. 
    Posted by Indylove

Actually, what I said was I wrote to Dottie (the mod queen) and suggested that they have a rule here that you can't start a discussion until you have 200 posts.  Mostly aimed at keeping some of the more trolly trolls from clogging the boards with these ridiculous threads.  I then briefly asked her to ban UD.  I am not even sure it was due to me, but next thing I know, 2 days later, UD is banned.  Maybe just luck.  If I had that kind of ban hammer, I certainly would swing it, but I wouldn't stop until Leon, Matilda, PhatRex, and a few others are gone.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

More insult to injury. Sanders got injured again, may be out for the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd love to see Manning play behind a line that is sub par for once. Every year he has all day to sit back there and have a field day, but he did pass for 400 plus yards and three TD's, it can't be that bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ictkspatriot. Show ictkspatriot's posts

In Response to The Colts:
    It looks like NaPolian wanted to eliminate the distraction of a perfect season right out of the gate.  Good for him, the move took guts.
    Posted by Tcal2

This has to be the funniest thing i have seen on this board!
    Never bothered to register till now, i had to comment. Someone owes me a keyboard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

I'd love to see Manning play behind a line that is sub par for once. Every year he has all day to sit back there and have a field day, but he did pass for 400 plus yards and three TD's, it can't be that bad.
    Posted by mthurl

m - read the comments of those in the know.  Manning's line has never really been that good.  Its Manning that makes the line look good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Seeing the Colts and Jets lose is ALMOST as satisfying as seeing the Pats win....Almost.

So far we are 3-0 this week with one game to go. The Pats won, the Colts lost, the Raiders lost (draft pick), and Jets have yet to play. Lets hope for 4-0 this week!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Remember that PM is playing for a better contract than Brady. Hence the 40 completions and 433 yards passing.

''I am better than TB! Pay me! WAHHHHHH!!!" ~ PM

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

patsr - No doubt manning wants more, but I think you are off here.  The colts were behind all day.  Without a line or a running game like Houston demonstrated today, all the colts could do is have manning throw.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

I don't know if you guys actually saw the game. Manning was really good. And if his awesome throw to Collie which Collie fumbled after the catch at the 1 yard line was held, game could have been closer. Manning was 70% completions, 40/57 for 454 yards with 3 TD and no int. He was really good.

Colts D just sucked. It was pathetic how Texans were running through them. Everytime Texans ran the ball it seems they got atleast 7-8 from it and sometimes more. It was unbelievable. Arian Foster's 3rd TD where he ran in uncontested from the 11 yard line, dancning to the end zone with no defenders within 10 yards of him was embarrasing for the Colts.

I never had so much fun watching a game. Thank god the arrogant Colts got stuffed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Manning was 70% completions, 40/57 for 454 yards..he was really good."

Well, ok, but it's a team game - I hope he is that good all year. The fantasy geeks will be stoked and the team will lose a ton of games. You're not gonna win many games in the NFL jacking up 60 passes a game, I don't care how many of those you complete. Especially when cold weather hits in outdoor games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

BTS - you are right on. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: The Colts : Good metaphor.  If I was harrassing pats fans (and you agree), you've got a thin skin.  But then again, we all knew that.  My you are busy all of a sudden.  You ought to try being as present when your team fails as I am when mine does.  Until then, I'll stick with my above perception.  
    Posted by Indylove

"If I was harassing Pats fans (and you agree), you've got a thin skin."

??? Thought follow not pronoun. Finish.

You ought to try being as present when your team fails as I am when mine does.

Did the Pats fail today? No. Was I here through that delicious SB? Yes. Are you now whining that I am not here much in the off-season? You are whining for no reason again? Yes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

I apologize for my message board writing not being formal enough for you.  I try to be conversational here and don't worry too much about being technically correct. 

I do, however, get a kick out posters playing grammar police when they have nothing better to say. 

Its good to hear from you again Root.  I am sure I won't be around too much longer, because Davedsone has a jones for getting me off the board and I don't think he will stop trying until he does.  Just want you to know that its been nice knowing you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I apologize for my message board writing not being formal enough for you.  I try to be conversational here and don't worry too much about being technically correct.  I do, however, get a kick out posters playing grammar police when they have nothing better to say.  Its good to hear from you again Root.  I am sure I won't be around too much longer, because Davedsone has a jones for getting me off the board and I don't think he will stop trying until he does.  Just want you to know that its been nice knowing you.
    Posted by Indylove

Hey, I missed how often you missed the point.

I am not playing grammar police. I am trying to figure what the heck you are talking about.

"If I was harassing Pats fans (and you agree), you've got a thin skin."

I think you are trying to say that if I agree you are harassing Pats fans then my skin is thin. (Do I need to point out to you that this makes no sense.)

Dude, technically correct is the least of your worries. You need to stay away from the shrooms.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What this game showed is Manning is the salvation for the Colts.  In spite of his gaudy numbers, it still wasn't enough to overcome the poor defensive play of the Colts.  Can he do this game after game, staying in the pocket and taking hits to get points on the board the Colts need to win?  We shall see. 

At this juncture, I do not think ANY Colts fan thought this team would still be winless throughout the pre-season and then after the first regular season game.  But, hey, it is a 16 game season and the Colts have Manning!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

In Response to Re: The Colts : Don't worry, Polian will remind them that it's Peyton Manning out there. If the Colts aren't winning it's time to throw some flags. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

No doubt. Polian will strike at some point.

I am surprised he didn't have the Comp. Committee to implement a new rule this weekned that states any player in a car accident, cannot play 96 hours (or less) later.  haha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Clearly, this was the Colts last year. They were behind in most of their games, then the 12th man usually stepped up and made the play. Whenever Indy was behind the refs threw them a bone and bam. Colts get a 70 yard play and Peyton and the Colts get their momentum. 

Sections
Shortcuts