2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: The Curious Case of Marvie Harrison

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In response to NedBraden's comment:

With this Hernandez situation still fluid, and mysteriously the police haven't arrested him for obstruction, I thought revisiting another similar kind of situation from a few years back might make sense (especially with Underpants in here trolling up a storm lately).

I never understood why the media never ran with this story and how on god's green earth his weapon used in a felony (assault, child endangerment, possible attempted murder, etc), and the ballistics proving it was his weapon and after he lied to police and hiding it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3827402

Because it happened in a place where he was well known and a legend...he was protected, probably paid off all kinds of people.......in  the end alot of that will probably go on in the AH case given the law firm he hired, their vast and deep political connections and his very deep pockets thanks to the signing bonus he got last year.

I bring it up for a multitude of reasons:

1. What you just said. Sadly, money talks.

2. They have no hard evidence on Aaron Hernandez right now.

3. They had hard evidence on Marvie Harrison, it was his gun (in Penn, it's a felony if your firearm is used in a crime even if you didn't shoot it).

4. Harrison lied to the police. He said his gun was at home. It wasn't. It was across the street in a bucket at a car wash.

5. In 2010, two years later, a murder occurred with his gun. Nothing ever came of it. Gotta tell ya, Pennsylvania sure has had some sketchy "investigations" in recent years, more notably the Sandusky situation and the higher ups at PSU who hopefully go down this fall. That will be something to keep an eye on.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/15/marvin-harrison-case-resurfaces-just-in-time-for-colts-playoff-game/

6. Roger Goodell sat idly and did absolutely nothing about the incident. No suspension for off field conduct or anything.

Incredibly suspicious, across the board.  Underpants doesn't have a leg to stand on here.

All fair and true points...except for one. Goodell didn't exactly do nothing. Harrison was a FA, and nobody ever signed him...which was the most curious point of all! He was still a productive NFL WR with a LONG history of being VERY GOOD, and no public knowledge of him being anything other than a great person and teammate. Ok, well, yeah, technically I guess he did nothing. But you can't suspend a guy not on anyone's team on in the league!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

So I guess this makes it all OK huh?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Now it's Marvin's turn to be the 'red herring'. Unfrkn believable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Yeah, the Harrison story seems odder each time someone tells it.  Wikipedia says the FBI is working on it, but that seemed to be as of 2010.  My stab in the dark would be that Harrison took out a known scuzzbag that was threatening the whole neighborhood, and no one in Philly will let him go down for it.  Think De Niro in Godfather II, taking out the local mafioso...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

All fair and true points...except for one. Goodell didn't exactly do nothing. Harrison was a FA, and nobody ever signed him...which was the most curious point of all! He was still a productive NFL WR with a LONG history of being VERY GOOD, and no public knowledge of him being anything other than a great person and teammate. Ok, well, yeah, technically I guess he did nothing. But you can't suspend a guy not on anyone's team on in the league!

[/QUOTE]

One note on this.  Harrison had lost his mojo.  He had a knee injury in 07 and seemed like a shell of himself in 08.  He'd catch a ball and drop.  In 08 he was also 36 years old, and his slight frame did not translate well to playoff football. 

Add to that the questions around this incident, and no one was going to touch a frail 37 year old receiver in 09. 

Sections
Shortcuts