The Curious Case Of Paul Solotaroff

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Re: The Curious Case Of Paul Solotaroff

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Hernandez was above Clark. Clark was very good, but Hernandez was clearly more athletic.

Hernandez also couldn't stay on the field, and his per game averages (4.6 catches, 51.5 yards, .47 TDs) were actually a bit less than Clark's prime (2007-2009 - 5.1 catches, 55.9 yards, .59 TDs).  Hern was the 3rd option here with a top 10 all time QB throwing him the ball, and Clark was the 3rd option in Indy with a top 10 all time QB throwing him the ball.  They're actually a pretty spot-on comparison.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

well go to 98.5  those two fools are making complete a***s of themselves.. Felger and Mazz --so fired up about this bogus article they are ready to pee themselves!!!! first they talk about all of AH associates being gang related, low lifers then use the associate of AH to disparage Belichick . And the crap they are making up is really bad, Most talk programs have some integrity but boy they do not!!!  They are buying into this story all the way. too bad Mazz doesn't have the B***s to challenge Felger because he is the more intelligent of the two

I left it on all day to hear them make fools of themselves.

How hard is it to accept they saw nothing like thuggery and murder possibly happening with a PCP induced TE prior to August 2012 when they decided to move forward with his new deal?

They were happy with Hernandez's growth from 2010-2012. That's it. NO issues, nothing. No positive drug tests, no arrests, etc.  What is the problem here? 

Even one unnamed former player said Hernandez was trying to remove himself from that lifestyle and another said "Hernandez changed AFTER he go that deal last August".

Ok, so it was AFTER.   BB and Kraft have already taken responsiblity for reading HErnandez wrong and said they felt like they were duped. I would. I feel duped as a fan I am sure his fiancee and baby daughter feel duped.

There's also moron callers calling in, the idiot minions who clearly listen to their show on a regular basis, repeating the lies or non-sourced info they're running with from senstationalist "journalists" like Borges and Solotaroff.

Think fans here like RKrap, TFB12, Mt Hurl, Shizzles, etc. They are Felger and Mazz's wet dreams. 

Here is what is funny:   The sources, the unnamed ones, in the article, are being told info, supposedly, via a deluded and paranoid Hernandez! So, how good can anything be from Hernandez? if he is deluded, paranoid and whacked out on PCP??

It makes no sense!

We trust thugs, whacked out Hernandez over a well decorated NFL coach like BB, who is well respected to the point BB speaks at high schools, universities, etc?

If I was a criminal or thug I'd probably lie, make up crap and get a kickback from Solotaroff and Borges, too.

This is just perfect. I know how you feel. I hate espn so much I watch it all day just to make sure I see all the dumb stuff they say.

Right?

Hey congratulations on your 1,000 post....today.

What is your weird little problem with me lately? Care to explain?

All you are doing is enabling trolls with your attitude.  

Your a thread hi jacker Russ. You revert everything back to Brady on more then half of your threads which in your case is a lot of threads. Then you reply to every single person who disagrees with you, which again in your case, is a LOT.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, so when someone says "we haven't won a SB in 10 years" type of a thing, initiating the trolling, I can't remind them that is has nothing to do with one random draft pick bust, but Brady underperforming for us?

I am a hijacker?

Me calling out a troll with truth and fact in a retort to their initiating trollwork does not make me a hijacker, True Champ.

I've been asking you and others to go to the source and you won't. Is it because you aren't observant enough to see it?

I am not trying to be rude here, but maybe you can't see it.

[/QUOTE]

One random draft pick bust? 

Try 12 random DB draft bust and numerous FA DB busts in the past 7 years.  I still haven't gotten over Deltha O'Neal for cripes sake.

That has everything to do with losing Super Bowls.  EVERY THING!

DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST =  PATHETIC PASS D AND NO SUPER BOWLS.

That's just the DB's, LOL.  

GET IT?  Of course you don't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hernandez was above Clark. Clark was very good, but Hernandez was clearly more athletic.

Hernandez also couldn't stay on the field, and his per game averages (4.6 catches, 51.5 yards, .47 TDs) were actually a bit less than Clark's prime (2007-2009 - 5.1 catches, 55.9 yards, .59 TDs).  Hern was the 3rd option here with a top 10 all time QB throwing him the ball, and Clark was the 3rd option in Indy with a top 10 all time QB throwing him the ball.  They're actually a pretty spot-on comparison.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I was talking more raw ability.

Why don't you take on a troll for once, Matt.

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what he was doing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Don;t mind TFB12. He's never been to college so he has poor critical thinking skills.

You would like that to be true wouldn't you Rusty.  Too bad it isn't and it's kind of funny that you posted in a thread when there were several of us talking about our college experiences. 

One again, OWNED!  You are a troll.

BTW, sorry you had to go to college to become a telephone customer service rep.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

If the guy doesn't name his sources, he or his sources are most likely lying! Solotaroff is trying to save a mag that is going out of business. So which is more likely, he wrote an article full of innuendo and info from possibly non-existant "sources" that is sensational and brings in a lot of readers and sells a lot of magazines? Or there was a big conspiracy involving the Pats, the police in Florida, the NCAA, the University of Florida, the University of Florida football team. All the students at the University of Florida while Hern was there and all the people that lived and worked in the area of the U of F.

If you believe this solo guy's story you also have to believe the moon landings were fake!

Apparently you have not read his other writings either.  Maybe you should read them first before coming on here and looking lake a fool.  Start off with his James Harrison one, or the Hector Camacho one first.  They are fantastic. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Don;t mind TFB12. He's never been to college so he has poor critical thinking skills.

You would like that to be true wouldn't you Rusty.  Too bad it isn't and it's kind of funny that you posted in a thread when there were several of us talking about our college experiences. 

One again, OWNED!  You are a troll.

BTW, sorry you had to go to college to become a telephone customer service rep.

[/QUOTE]

It is true. You have never said once where you went, what your major was, what your career is, nothing, Absolutely nothing.

VERY suspicious.

[/QUOTE]

Yes rusty, I did.  you were in the thread and posted in there.  Stop trolling, sorry you aren't smart enough to remember.  It was within the last 2 weeks. But this isn't the first time you don't remember.  In the last several weeks I caught you saying I said certain things that I never said.  Either you are confused with so many people owning you that you can't keep straight who said what or your just trolling.  I tend to think you are confused.  But I guess we shouldn't expect much from a telephone customer service rep who never finished school.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Where did you go to college? What do you do for a living?  Where did you grow up?

LMAO

Funny, the board cannot answer these questions.

I have answered all of these questions Rusty!  Did you lose your notebook?  Come on, do some homework for once.  Why don't you put a little effort in and go find the threads?  Not only are you a troll but you are a lazy troll!

Btw, are you looking for some new career choices?  Is the telephone customer service job not working out for ya?  I heard some of the bigger cable companies are hiring telephone customer service reps, you can still work at home.  Maybe you should have stayed in school.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

well go to 98.5  those two fools are making complete a***s of themselves.. Felger and Mazz --so fired up about this bogus article they are ready to pee themselves!!!! first they talk about all of AH associates being gang related, low lifers then use the associate of AH to disparage Belichick . And the crap they are making up is really bad, Most talk programs have some integrity but boy they do not!!!  They are buying into this story all the way. too bad Mazz doesn't have the B***s to challenge Felger because he is the more intelligent of the two

How hard is it to accept they saw nothing like thuggery and murder possibly happening with a PCP induced TE prior to August 2012 when they decided to move forward with his new deal?

They were happy with Hernandez's growth from 2010-2012. That's it. NO issues, nothing. No positive drug tests, no arrests, etc.  What is the problem here? 

Even one unnamed former player said Hernandez was trying to remove himself from that lifestyle and another said "Hernandez changed AFTER he go that deal last August".

Ok, so it was AFTER.   BB and Kraft have already taken responsiblity for reading HErnandez wrong and said they felt like they were duped. I would. I feel duped as a fan I am sure his fiancee and baby daughter feel duped.

There's also moron callers calling in, the idiot minions who clearly listen to their show on a regular basis, repeating the lies or non-sourced info they're running with from senstationalist "journalists" like Borges and Solotaroff.

Think fans here like RKrap, TFB12, Mt Hurl, Shizzles, etc. They are Felger and Mazz's wet dreams. 

Here is what is funny:   The sources, the unnamed ones, in the article, are being told info, supposedly, via a deluded and paranoid Hernandez! So, how good can anything be from Hernandez? if he is deluded, paranoid and whacked out on PCP??

It makes no sense!

We trust thugs, whacked out Hernandez over a well decorated NFL coach like BB, who is well respected to the point BB speaks at high schools, universities, etc?

If I was a criminal or thug I'd probably lie, make up crap and get a kickback from Solotaroff and Borges, too.

This is just perfect. I know how you feel. I hate espn so much I watch it all day just to make sure I see all the dumb stuff they say.

Right?

Your a thread hi jacker Russ. You revert everything back to Brady on more then half of your threads which in your case is a lot of threads. Then you reply to every single person who disagrees with you, which again in your case, is a LOT.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, so when someone says "we haven't won a SB in 10 years" type of a thing, initiating the trolling, I can't remind them that is has nothing to do with one random draft pick bust, but Brady underperforming for us?

I am a hijacker?

Me calling out a troll with truth and fact in a retort to their initiating trollwork does not make me a hijacker, True Champ.

I've been asking you and others to go to the source and you won't. Is it because you aren't observant enough to see it?

[/QUOTE]

Try 12 random DB draft bust and numerous FA DB busts in the past 7 years.  I still haven't gotten over Deltha O'Neal for cripes sake.

DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST + DB BUST =  PATHETIC PASS D AND NO SUPER BOWLS.

[/QUOTE]

Bill Belichick as coach and GM is the entire reason Tom Brady has the career he has and you haven't gotten over Deltha O'Neal in the same season, the opener where Brady preferred the shotgun and stared down Moss two plays in a row, the second play, when he got hurt because the wanted to go deep and put on a show with a big ego Moss in tow.

WOW.

Tom Brady sucked in his last 3 AFC title games, which has nothing to do with Deltha O'Neal or Ras I Dowling.

Interesting, huh?

Update: We are not in our last 2 SBs because of Brady. He was GOD AWFUL in the last 2 AFC title games we were in!

2TDs and 5 INTs in the 2007 and 2011 AFC Title games are to be blamed on Deltha O'Neal or Ras I Dowling?

Just forget it, Dispenser.

Seymour here with a loaded D in 2007 or not in 2011 has nothing to do with why we lost those games. Expecting our D to hold to 13 or 14 points in a SB when no SB winning D does is psychotic.

Congrats on being a psychopath.

[/QUOTE]
    Deltha O'Neil, Wheatly and Whilhite replaced Samuels.   They have since been replaced 3 times over.  The start of defensive hell.  W T F

Giving up the game winning drive TWICE

Allowing the very first drive of the game (both) to go on an eternity and holding true throughout.  10 freaken minutes in 42 and 6 in 46, FIRST FREAKEN DRIVE!

No picks, no fumble recoveries, no 3 & outs, never once making a stop in their territory, foolish penalties, 8 possession games (both), no red zone stops, allowing ELI Manning to hit on 75% of his passes and score on 50% of his drives, because of total inadequacy on defense.

All a result of POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR drafting. causing them to pick up pooooooooooooooooooooooor and expensive FA's that last less than a season, creating tons of DEAD MONEY that could be used to pay actual players and giving up picks to get someone, anyone, to bail out the defensive genius's 31st ranked DEFENSE, .

Meanwhile Brady setting SB records. with 98 yard TD's because his defense couldn't do anything to stop shyt.  Maybe BB needs to pump em up with anti-diarrhea before the game.

Congrats on always being a psychopath and learn the game!

NO TEAM IN NFL HISTORY HAS EVER WON A SB WITH A DPR IN THE 90's, NO MATTER WHO THE QB or HOW HE PLAYED.   IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED AND NEVER WILL.

LIVE WITH IT!

Kraft  needs to invest in a REAL GM., or at least some one (anyone) that can get them out of defensive HELL, 7 years and counting....................... PERIOD!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Where did you go to college? What do you do for a living?  Where did you grow up?

LMAO

^^^^^CREEPY, PSYCHOPATH, STALKER^^^^^

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

LMAO

^^^^^CREEPY, PSYCHOPATH, STALKER^^^^^

[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahaha!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

This board is a mirror image of what is wrong with out country. Instead of having a meaningful discussion all we see are insults flying back and forth. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

This board is a mirror image of what is wrong with out country. Instead of having a meaningful discussion all we see are insults flying back and forth. 

Before you can make statements like this, we need more info.  Please fill in the following:

1.  What's your middle name?

2.  What was your high school GPA?

3.  Do you drink whole milk, 2% or skim?

4.  Do you have a gym membership, and if so, how often do you go?

5.  Have you ever traveled to Europe?

This info is important.

Signed,

The Rusty Forum Inquisition

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

^this

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to Towelie-Toke's comment:

[QUOTE]

^this

[/QUOTE]

Double+. Well said.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Deltha O'Neil, Wheatly and Whilhite replaced Samuels.   They have since been replaced 3 times over.  The start of defensive hell.  W T F

Allowing the very first drive of the game (both) to go on an eternity and holding true throughout.  10 freaken minutes in 42 and 6 in 46, FIRST FREAKEN DRIVE!

No picks, no fumble recoveries, no 3 & outs, never once making a stop in their territory, foolish penalties, 8 possession games (both), no red zone stops, allowing ELI Manning to hit on 75% of his passes and score on 50% of his drives, because of total inadequacy on defense.

All a result of POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR drafting. causing them to pick up pooooooooooooooooooooooor and expensive FA's that last less than a season, creating tons of DEAD MONEY that could be used to pay actual players and giving up picks to get someone, anyone, to bail out the defensive genius's 31st ranked DEFENSE, .

Meanwhile Brady setting SB records. with 98 yard TD's because his defense couldn't do anything to stop shyt.  Maybe BB needs to pump em up with anti-diarrhea before the game.

NO TEAM IN NFL HISTORY HAS EVER WON A SB WITH A DPR IN THE 90's, NO MATTER WHO THE QB or HOW HE PLAYED.   IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED AND NEVER WILL.

LIVE WITH IT!

Kraft  needs to invest in a REAL GM., or at least some one (anyone) that can get them out of defensive HELL, 7 years and counting....................... PERIOD!

wow. Tell us how you really feel. Don't mince on words.Laughing

I agree...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

That is the best comment on this thread! 

Almost every thread like this one ends up in the toilet.  It's like watching and listening to a married couple arguing just prior to a divorce.  The first argument might create some curiousity but as repeated arguing goes on and on, it turns into I just can't listen to this garbage any more.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LIVE WITH IT!

Not even Rusty can debate this post.

Good points, Pezz.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

If the guy doesn't name his sources, he or his sources are most likely lying! Solotaroff is trying to save a mag that is going out of business. So which is more likely, he wrote an article full of innuendo and info from possibly non-existant "sources" that is sensational and brings in a lot of readers and sells a lot of magazines? Or there was a big conspiracy involving the Pats, the police in Florida, the NCAA, the University of Florida, the University of Florida football team. All the students at the University of Florida while Hern was there and all the people that lived and worked in the area of the U of F.

If you believe this solo guy's story you also have to believe the moon landings were fake!

Apparently you have not read his other writings either.  Maybe you should read them first before coming on here and looking lake a fool.  Start off with his James Harrison one, or the Hector Camacho one first.  They are fantastic. 

[/QUOTE]

Look, you may think that not naming sources is ok, but I don't. Not naming sources leads to yellow journalism which is apparantly what that piece is. Since I have no desire to read a piece of yellow journalism and keep the authors employed by clicking on their article and thus giving them a monetary reward, I won't ever read it. And I don't care how many Pulitzers the guy won, he messed up this time. 

I just think it is really funny that you are asking me to read a story that I knew had no basis in reality due to the one thing that all good, responsible, journalists do and that is name their sources. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

^+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I bet rusty is pissed at Gerry Calahan too - he was on the radio this morning saying Belichick knew more about Hernandez than he was leading on. Bad Gerry.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

It makes no sense!

Right?

I am a hijacker?

Bill Belichick as coach and GM is the entire reason Tom Brady has the career he has and you haven't gotten over Deltha O'Neal in the same season, the opener where Brady preferred the shotgun and stared down Moss two plays in a row, the second play, when he got hurt because the wanted to go deep and put on a show with a big ego Moss in tow.

WOW.

Tom Brady sucked in his last 3 AFC title games, which has nothing to do with Deltha O'Neal or Ras I Dowling.

Interesting, huh?

Update: We are not in our last 2 SBs because of Brady. He was GOD AWFUL in the last 2 AFC title games we were in!

2TDs and 5 INTs in the 2007 and 2011 AFC Title games are to be blamed on Deltha O'Neal or Ras I Dowling?

Just forget it, Dispenser.

Seymour here with a loaded D in 2007 or not in 2011 has nothing to do with why we lost those games. Expecting our D to hold to 13 or 14 points in a SB when no SB winning D does is psychotic.

Congrats on being a psychopath.

LIVE WITH IT!

This is where rust will roll out his famous..."we signed Carter, Anderson and a guard!", statement. He leaves out the fact that Carter lasted 8 games, Anderson four and the guard went home and sulked for more money. He doesn't mention...Robert Gallery, Shawn Springs, Ocho Cinco, Steven Gregory, Joseph Addai, Shaun Ellis, Albert Haynesworth, Fred Taylor, Torry Holt, Joey Galloway, Bodden, Tully Banta can't, Jonathan Fenene, Shianaco, Fells...and more. Most Gm's would be fired three times for bringing in that much hot garbage. How much was wasted in cash there? 50 million? More? I think we are still paying for Bodden for christ's sake. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Look, you may think that not naming sources is ok, but I don't. Not naming sources leads to yellow journalism which is apparantly what that piece is. Since I have no desire to read a piece of yellow journalism and keep the authors employed by clicking on their article and thus giving them a monetary reward, I won't ever read it. And I don't care how many Pulitzers the guy won, he messed up this time. 

I just think it is really funny that you are asking me to read a story that I knew had no basis in reality due to the one thing that all good, responsible, journalists do and that is name their sources. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't like unnamed sources either, it's just too easy for people to lie.  However, it's the writer or media's responsability to find out if they can trust these unnamed sources or not.  Everyone uses unnamed sources.  Look at Jay Glaze, that dude gets all the inside info, one of the very best in the business and he uses unnamed sources.  So is his stuff not real? 

What I am saying is from all the writings I have read by Paul Solotaroff, there has not been one single one where I said I don't believe this stuff.  Nor have I seen or read anyone dispute anything in any of his writings.  Do yourself a favor (I'm not saying that in a mean way) go find and read his stuff, They are fantastic. 

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The whole premise here of "not naming the sources means lies" is amazing.  Unnamed sources are incredibly common in sensitive articles.  Guys want the info out, but they don't want to lose their jobs, poss off their bosses or friends, or get dead.

Furthermore, why are many (not me) Pats fans so up in arms about this?  Aaron Hernandez is the biggest embarrassment in franchise history with Spygate a distant second.  This damning article comes out and everyone is rushing to dispute what's written about the murdering slimebag?

How's this for a headline from June:

"New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez to be arrested, source says

Law enforcement official familiar with case says tight end to be arrested for allegedly interfering with murder investigation"

All lies, right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't like unnamed sources either, it's just too easy for people to lie.  However, it's the writer or media's responsability to find out if they can trust these unnamed sources or not.  Everyone uses unnamed sources.  Look at Jay Glaze, that dude gets all the inside info, one of the very best in the business and he uses unnamed sources.  So is his stuff not real? 

What I am saying is from all the writings I have read by Paul Solotaroff, there has not been one single one where I said I don't believe this stuff.  Nor have I seen or read anyone dispute anything in any of his writings.  Do yourself a favor (I'm not saying that in a mean way) go find and read his stuff, They are fantastic. 

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, by calling me a fool earlier you did mean to offend me. so stop trying to pi$$ on me and tell me it's raining. You also are probably lying about disliking "unnamed sources.  Before Watergate unnamed sources were only allowed in editorials and not portrayed as facts in news reports. At least that was the case in reputable newspapers and magazines. In anycase the Solotaroff guy collaborated with a known plagiarizer, didn't name sources, obviously didn't check many facts or any facts regarding the Patriots so his integrity should be questioned. Not only on this piece of trash but everything he ever wrote. So I have no interest in reading any of his works.

Sections
Shortcuts