The D was rough,but did their job in the end

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

The D was rough,but did their job in the end

BB put WAY too much pressure on that D in OT IMO. but wow. they did it in the 4th quarter and twice in OT. what a great job by the guys. they got run on all over the field all night but bear down and got off the field on 3rd down and got some timely TOs (for once).

Talib was a gamer (as always) whhen he was needed.

Fletcher should play over Hightower all day.

i thought spikes played pretty good for being totallly not 100% but he knew hightoweer sure wasnt stopping the run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: The D was rough,but did their job in the end

Collins looked good in coverage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

yeah but still they have to fix this running defense. If the Pats lose in the playoffs, the running defense is the reason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB put WAY too much pressure on that D in OT IMO. but wow. they did it in the 4th quarter and twice in OT. what a great job by the guys. they got run on all over the field all night but bear down and got off the field on 3rd down and got some timely TOs (for once).

Talib was a gamer (as always) whhen he was needed.

i thought spikes played pretty good for being totallly not 100% but he knew hightoweer sure wasnt stopping the run

[/QUOTE]

no doubt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:

yeah but still they have to fix this running defense. If the Pats lose in the playoffs, the running defense is the reason.

It's ironic how it's the opposite of the past few years (because of injuries)...in the past, we felt good/okay about the Run D and freaked out about the pass D...now it's the other way around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Collins looked good in coverage.

[/QUOTE]

Really good, starting to settle in

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thats why i said it was rough if they stopped the run we couldve blown them out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

With the bad weathe rcoming the run D will kill them if they can't fix it. When was the last time a team had a 200 yard rusher and lost. It seemed like Moreno was exhausted by the end. They kept resting him giving the Pats a chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With the bad weathe rcoming the run D will kill them if they can't fix it. When was the last time a team had a 200 yard rusher and lost. It seemed like Moreno was exhausted by the end. They kept resting him giving the Pats a chance.

[/QUOTE]

what ticked me off was they literally ran the same play, HB Mid Draw, every single time and we couldn't do anything about it. LB missed the holes, got blocked. all in all plaayed bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Throw out that first quarter (the 3 fumbles were a horror show and you can't blame that on the defense) and include the OT (4 full quarters), the Pats beat them 34-14. The game plan was obviously to limit Peyton, and they did a great job at it. Collins and Fletcher are not run stuffers, but helped clog the passing lanes. Something has to give vs that offense, especially with Wilfork, Kelly and Mayo out, it's going to be the run.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What I saw from the D last night was classic BB - take away one of the offensive weapons.  He took away PM for the most part.  He employed the Honey Badger attitude against the run - he simply didn't give a sh1_t.  My eyebrows raised when he took the wind in OT and what do you know - BB was right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What I saw from the D last night was classic BB - take away one of the offensive weapons.  He took away PM for the most part.  He employed the Honey Badger attitude against the run - he simply didn't give a sh1_t.  My eyebrows raised when he took the wind in OT and what do you know - BB was right.

[/QUOTE]

+1.
    To contain PM to 150 yards is insane. His second worst performance, yardwise, this season? I think it was 295 against Jacksonville!

I don't care that Moreno ran wild, when you shut down PM like that you're playing it right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1.
    To contain PM to 150 yards is insane. His second worst performance, yardwise, this season? I think it was 295 against Jacksonville!

I don't care that Moreno ran wild, when you shut down PM like that you're playing it right.

[/QUOTE]

lol....somehow, I don't think we would be saying this had we lost the game Laughing

[/QUOTE]

If the game had played out like it did, but Denver had managed to get the win in OT I would have put the blame primarely on the offense. You cannot afford to turn the ball over 3 times against PM and the Broncos.

In my book the first 17 points for Denver can be put on Ridley, Solder, and Blount. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Logan Ryan had blanket coverage last night and a pick.  No passes deep, Duron Harmon big reason why... Do any of the "BB can't draft/why is he reaching/why all the Rutger's players" critics feel like recanting right now?

Our linebacker and defensive-back play was great, especially since the offense kept putting the D back out on the field.  I'm also lumping our ends who are really linebackers (Ninck, Chandler Jones) in with the linebackers, they were flying up field, Ninck led us in tackles.  

Fletcher gets my game ball, he turned the entire game around as far as I'm concerned, he should have been playing in Mayo's position all along, he's a better fit.  Playing Hightower there was a miscalculation by the coaches, he can only play Spikes position or on the edge.

Jaimie Collins finally got come PT last night and was very good, especially on that crucial third down against Welker with the game on the line, think about that, a linebacker on Welker and he makes the solo tackle in space, he had 6 solo tackles (10 total)... yeah TripleOG wherever you are, I told you Collins was an incredible open field tackling machine... was I right?

Our defensive tackles are horribly inadequate, there's no way around it, if our linebackers didn't make the tackles against the run then the tackles weren't made, these guys get pushed around like rag dolls...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1.

[/QUOTE]

That is an amazing stat.  But if you look at total yards gained the 2 teams were almost even...   What a game...  SMH...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There was some of that, but Vellano was definitely overwhelmed in the middle. It did not help that the LB was not quick enough to find the gaps. On pass rush, they rushed more than four men mroe than I have seen them in a while. If not for teh wind, PM was set up well for good PAs and would have carved up the secondary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

150 yards, 15/36, 1 INT from the Choker

Great job by the D

Sections
Shortcuts