The Danny Woodhead appreciation thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: The Danny Woodhead appreciation thread

Agee with bobbysu.  Woody's good for atleast one big play a game.  Whether it's a great block, a run or catch for an important first down or a td.

Lot's of heart, tough as nails and obviously smart because he was used in the offense from his first day with the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Woodhead has been terrific all year long. It's not 3rd and one but 3rd and one in the I formation where Woody has struggled. He had several 3rd and short runs against the Ravens for first downs or a TD. He has excellant hands and is terrific YAC and I have seen him make several good blitz pick ups this year in every game including one against Ray Lewis. If Woodhead is on the field still it's because Bill still has faith in him. I can't believe someone said Vereen is better because he was drafted higher. Vereen may be better but doesn't that mean Sanchez is better than Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Easy fellas. I didn't say Vareen was better. I think Vareen is more talented. That doesn't mean woody isn't the better choice for now, as he has more knowledge in the system. However, when Vareen gets comfortable I think he could do things that woody just doesn't have the physical make up to do. Woody is in the WW mold. A guy you root for who defies the odds. Vareen based on what he did in college and his limited but increased playing time is a special talent. I'm sorry but I'd like to see a game where Ridley gets 20 touches and Vareen gets 15! And woody gets a few key plays. I think the 1 -2 punch of rid n Vareen would cause serious problems for defense's....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Woodhead has been terrific all year long. It's not 3rd and one but 3rd and one in the I formation where Woody has struggled. He had several 3rd and short runs against the Ravens for first downs or a TD. He has excellant hands and is terrific YAC and I have seen him make several good blitz pick ups this year in every game including one against Ray Lewis. If Woodhead is on the field still it's because Bill still has faith in him. I can't believe someone said Vereen is better because he was drafted higher. Vereen may be better but doesn't that mean Sanchez is better than Brady.

Great post.  This thread is typical of spoiled fans with no appreciation for a great player.

The whole purpose of this thread was to show appreciation for a guy who a lot of posters were criticizing.  It was stimulated by reading yet another post on another thread claiming that one of our offensive coordinators "lost" a game by playing Woodhead too much.  O'Brien was attacked for this in the past, and now McDaniels is being attacked for the same thing.  Honestly, I can't believe we have posters here who think they know more about football than Bill Belichick and than two offensive coordinators who both have led NFL offenses that average 32+ points per game! Woodhead is in the game for a reason.  Rather than criticizing the professionals who put him in there and pretending to know more about football than they do, maybe it's best to take the opportunity to try to learn more about the game by figuring out why those highly accomplished professionals are deciding to use the guy when you think (with your more limited knowledge of the game) that maybe they shouldn't?  Assume they are smarter than you and try to learn from them rather than assuming you're smarter than they are and complaining that they don't know how to run the team.  Believe me, if you knew as much about football as O'Brien or McDaniels, you'd probably be coaching in the NFL too . . . after all, it pays a lot more than most of us make in whatever jobs we do.

Sections
Shortcuts