The day is here, who do you want?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The day is here, who do you want?

The day is finally here and who do you want or expect, other then our own FA's

For me it's:

David Nelson WR

Keenan Lewis CB or Chris Houston CB

Glover Quin S or Quintin Mikell S

Connor Barwin OLB

Michael Bennett DE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: The day is here, who do you want?

Desmond Bryant (or Seymour, but Bryant is younger)

Ed Reed, Adrian Wilson or Mikell would be fine with me.  I am not as high on Quin, but I am a bit biased because of his play against NE

If we don't keep Talib I like Grimes, Cox and Lewis if the money is right.  Sean Smith will probably command too many $$

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re-Sign Welker & Talib.  Also Edelman if the price is right.  I think we will get out-bid for Vollmer, although I'd love to have him back.  I also like David Nelson.  Add a middle-tier CB to replacer Arrington (Jenkins, Cason,etc) for a reasonable price.  Pass on the Big-Name, Big Money Guys and let the desparate teams sign bad contracts.  Stick to the formula that has worked forever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

OK I would like to see the Pats pick the folks below. Bold are primary choices, others are alternates. 10 total FA's  LOL Wishful thinking!

In this order;

WR: Welker, Josh Cribbs, David Nelson, Julian Edelman?

OL: *Only if prices are right; Vollmer, or Winston

DT: Desmond Bryant, or Alan Branch

OLB: Manny Lawson or Connor Barwin or James Harrison

ILB: Rey Maualuga (replace Spikes after this year)

S- Adrain Wilson

CB: Talib, Lewis and/or Cox or DRC

Post Edit: after reading Cribbs fumbled 6 times last year, I am no longer interested in him.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The Jets released veteran NT Sione Pouha. Too old, too many injuries, too expensive, or a possible complement to Wilfork if coming with a reasonable low contract?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

For me it's:

David Nelson WR

Connor Barwin OLB

Michael Bennett DE

I actully hope they stand pat today cuz only BIG money is moving...But eventually I would like...

Adrian Wilson, Ed Reed(1 year fixes), Kenny Phillips, Louis Delmas(longterm), . Basically ANY safety Help. I understand Wilson would be here for a year so I really like K.P. but he has knee issues So I would take either Wilson or Reed for one year and draft a S this year to groom.

Josh Cribbs + Danny Amendola in place of Wes Welker. Both are under 30 and would be combined cheaper than what Wes is asking and you get a return man/wildcat/4th WR out of Cribbs while getting a younger all be it less reliable slot WR for the future in Amendola. I have never really researched Danny but I heard he is capable of doing Wes' job if healthy. He is younger, taller, faster and Cheaper and may have some knowledge of system

Desmond Bryant, Cliff Avril - I know Bryant is a good player because ATJ told me so and I know C.Avril can play and help out a lot but he may be one of the early signings that gets the brink truck so maybe we just settle with the CFL guys. Have no idea what they do here after the Fanene disaster but I would expect them to draft a DT/DE this April pretty high.

Dunta Robinson, A.Talib, Rashean Mathis, Bradley Fletcher, Cedric Griffin,Cpt. Munnerlyn, D.Hall  - Very deep class and I dont Really have favorites, just need help. I would like for them to sign Talib if its a good deal with injury incentive and then sign 2 mid level guys off this list.

Manny Lawson/Anthony Spencer - I believe we are pretty set at LB, with Fletcher returning back to health and the drafting of Hightower but I would like to see a 3-4 type OLB added to give us the flexibility to go back to 3-4 at times. I believe the 3-4 is a better base D to get pressure because of that 4th rusher being unknown at the snap. I would like to see C.J. play a bit standing up and have one of these guys across from him.

Im sure the Pats can find a RT out there. Take a look at Winston while Cannon comes along but I wouldnt break the bank for Vollmer and his yearly back issues. If he returns at decent money fine, but there is a reason Dante has been here forever sooo. Thats it for me. I would look to the draft for a DT, S, WR, CB, OL in that order with the above coming to fruition.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think Bennett is going to be expensive. I dont think Cribbs is a WR.

Lets simply hope that the free agent class this year doesnt turn out like last years disaster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Still want the Pats to sign their own guys (Vollmer Welker and Talib) maybe a couple of low-risk high reward players (see: Brian Waters). Pouha would look good a part of the Pats DT rotation. Keeps Wilfork fresh for the 4th quarter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

For me it's:

David Nelson WR

Connor Barwin OLB

Michael Bennett DE

I actully hope they stand pat today cuz only BIG money is moving...But eventually I would like...

Adrian Wilson, Ed Reed(1 year fixes), Kenny Phillips, Louis Delmas(longterm), . Basically ANY safety Help. I understand Wilson would be here for a year so I really like K.P. but he has knee issues So I would take either Wilson or Reed for one year and draft a S this year to groom.

Josh Cribbs + Danny Amendola in place of Wes Welker. Both are under 30 and would be combined cheaper than what Wes is asking and you get a return man/wildcat/4th WR out of Cribbs while getting a younger all be it less reliable slot WR for the future in Amendola. I have never really researched Danny but I heard he is capable of doing Wes' job if healthy. He is younger, taller, faster and Cheaper and may have some knowledge of system

Desmond Bryant, Cliff Avril - I know Bryant is a good player because ATJ told me so and I know C.Avril can play and help out a lot but he may be one of the early signings that gets the brink truck so maybe we just settle with the CFL guys. Have no idea what they do here after the Fanene disaster but I would expect them to draft a DT/DE this April pretty high.

Dunta Robinson, A.Talib, Rashean Mathis, Bradley Fletcher, Cedric Griffin,Cpt. Munnerlyn, D.Hall  - Very deep class and I dont Really have favorites, just need help. I would like for them to sign Talib if its a good deal with injury incentive and then sign 2 mid level guys off this list.

Manny Lawson/Anthony Spencer - I believe we are pretty set at LB, with Fletcher returning back to health and the drafting of Hightower but I would like to see a 3-4 type OLB added to give us the flexibility to go back to 3-4 at times. I believe the 3-4 is a better base D to get pressure because of that 4th rusher being unknown at the snap. I would like to see C.J. play a bit standing up and have one of these guys across from him.

Im sure the Pats can find a RT out there. Take a look at Winston while Cannon comes along but I wouldnt break the bank for Vollmer and his yearly back issues. If he returns at decent money fine, but there is a reason Dante has been here forever sooo. Thats it for me. I would look to the draft for a DT, S, WR, CB, OL in that order with the above coming to fruition.

if you wait too long these guys will be off the market. I agree you don't have to go on a mass spending spree but most low cost options cost less when everyone is after the big names and only get pricier as the market thins.

If they strike quickly they can get some deals without having to wait for the left overs to cost more. Of course I'd like them to save some money for the secondary market though. THe only problem is you never know what that secondary market will look like and if there will be anyone good let go

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from izgood. Show izgood's posts

Resign Welker, Talib.

DL: Bryant

CB: second tier level (Cox, Toler, Lewis)

S: second tier level (Adrian Wilson, Dawan Landry?)

WR: Cribbs, Nelson

OL: Draft

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

For me it's:

David Nelson WR

Connor Barwin OLB

Michael Bennett DE

Some combo of the below:

WR- Welker, Greg Jennings, Brandon Gibson

KR/WR- Josh Cribbs

OT- Vollmer

CB- Talib, Keenan Lewis, Chris Houston, Greg Toler

S- Ed Reed, S Adrian Wilson

DT- Mike Devito

DE/OLB- John Abraham, Brad Jones, Connor Barwin

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

David Nelson is a slot receiver.

Still need outside receivers for all those David Nelson lovers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

RESIGN WELKER!

Then, TALIB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

For me it's:

David Nelson WR

Connor Barwin OLB

Michael Bennett DE

Some combo of the below:

WR- Welker, Greg Jennings, Brandon Gibson

OT- Vollmer

CB- Talib, Keenan Lewis, Chris Houston, Greg Toler

S- Ed Reed, S Adrian Wilson

DT- Mike Devito

DE/OLB- John Abraham, Brad Jones, Connor Barwin

I like this list. Only thing I'm unsure of is Jennings. I like Jennings as a player a lot, very versatile WR...not a huge fan of Jennings as a value signing though...He's going to get overpaid.

Really like Gibson a lot though.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Devito can;t pass rush. He comes off the field on 3rd downs.

You can literally say the exact same thing about Pouha.  At least Devito is younger and healthy.  I'd prefer Desmond Bryant over both of them.  Hampton might be a bit old and Seymour I think is still bitter about NE.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Wide out - Jennings

Safety - Quin or Wilson and/or draft Tony Jefferson out of Oklahoma

Corner - Lewis and/or Houston

Defense Line - Bennett

Resign - Welker for slot or Austin (1st round) backup in the Slot -  Swopes (2nd)/ Kenny Stills (3rd) in draft

Special player - Cribbs WR, RB filling, HB, Special teams

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

For me it's:

David Nelson WR

Connor Barwin OLB

Michael Bennett DE

Would love to get this haul-good selections England!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

For me it's:

David Nelson WR

Connor Barwin OLB

Michael Bennett DE

Would love to get this haul-good selections England!

Not England... Engineer

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

A few of the following would be nice...

Greg Jennings, Wes Welker

Sebastian Vollmer

Brent Grimes, Keenen Lewis, Chris Houston

Michael Bennett

Richard Seymour (but I'm sure that ship has sailed)

Glover Quin

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Michael Bennett 

kennan lewis 

talib

draft an interior DL, Big WR and safety depth....

Sections
Shortcuts