The Day The Music Died Part 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

The Day The Music Died Part 3

I understand this is a Patriots board. I don't remember Buddy Holly, I do remember Elvis. I certainly remember Michael Jackson. Personal issues aside, this was music I danced to when I was a young buck. All  of these men changed music and touched us in some way or another. Hope to talk to you guys soon.

Mike In Katy, Texas

PS Alien Antfarm did a better job on Smooth Criminal :P

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Samteka. Show Samteka's posts

Re: The Day The Music Died Part 3

Hey Mike in Katy - (neighbor of steroids Roger ?) Glad to hear that MJ's music touched you !! Hope you didn't allow your kids to go near him so he could do the same to them....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Yep - the man clearly lost his mind somewhere along the way, but as an entertainer his reach was greater than anyone else's - ever. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedyaz22. Show tedyaz22's posts

HIP HIP HOORAY THE PEDOPHILE IS DEAD. AND MIKE IN KATY TX YOU'RE A LOSER.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to The Day The Music Died Part 3:
    [QUOTE]I understand this is a Patriots board. I don't remember Buddy Holly, I do remember Elvis. I certainly remember Michael Jackson. Personal issues aside, this was music I danced to when I was a young buck. All  of these men changed music and touched us in some way or another. Hope to talk to you guys soon. Mike In Katy, Texas PS Alien Antfarm did a better job on Smooth Criminal :P
    Posted by BigPapi61[/QUOTE]

Well this Generation X member was absolutely floored and upset yesterday afternoon. It's too surreal and difficult to wrap my brain around; two icons that so influenced my generation... gone. Michael in particular was [to me] my generation's Elvis or Lennon. Now I 'get' why folks were so upset when they lost their music idols.

If nothing else this reminds us of how fleeting life can be and just how quickly mortality catches up with you when you aren't looking.

Truly a sad day. Frown

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

He was the "king of pop" and his death is on the level with Elvis dieing. I still dance when Thriller comes on, he was an icon and a part of American pop culture. He did lose his mind and i do think all the stuff he did to his body played a part in his death. And it is quite possible that he touched those little kids and paid for their silence but with all that aside he was a great entertainer and before he went bat sh*t he was the best at what he did. He was the youngest member of teh Jackson Five and he died before any of them, that is sad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

This was one of the lyrical phrases I loved growing up. 

Ha ha Sis Boom Bah
    One more time for Roosevelt High
    Johny Ray, Tex, Scooter and Lorenzo too
    Watch T W Brown do the boogaloo
    Ev'ry soul that passes by
    This song is for you from the Jackson 5
    I'm comin home It's plain to see
    I still got Indiana soul in me

My high school and Roosevelt were always track rivals in the 70's.  I was a little kid but would go watch the state meets to see them compete.  Brings back great memories.  Simpler times.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Re: The Day The Music Died Part 3:
    [QUOTE]He was the "king of pop" and his death is on the level with Elvis dieing. I still dance when Thriller comes on, he was an icon and a part of American pop culture. He did lose his mind and i do think all the stuff he did to his body played a part in his death. And it is quite possible that he touched those little kids and paid for their silence but with all that aside he was a great entertainer and before he went bat sh*t he was the best at what he did. He was the youngest member of teh Jackson Five and he died before any of them, that is sad.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

He really was an amazing talent despite everything. His voice...simply a level of talent we just don't see/hear anymore. His music is timeless and that performance of Billie Jean at the Apollo...still gives me goosebumps.

I'm unable to really grasp that he is gone. It's like my brain keeps rejecting the thought as an impossibility. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I am a good dancer Harley lol I get better aftre a few drinks lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

In fact when I get married in October I am going to insist that they play some Jackson lol some Thriller, maybe some Smooth Crminal lol I mean the guy has been a freak for most of my life lol but anyone who is anyone can get down with some of his music, Thriller is still the #1 album of all time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hateputas. Show hateputas's posts

Yes, let's make sure we cherish the memory of this child molesting piece of garbage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

was he ever convicted of touching little kids? or was he simply accused? Cause i could have sworn we lived in a country where we are inocent until proven guilty and he was not found guilty so how exaclty is he a child molester? Unless you know something the rest of us dont that is, did he touch you as a child? no? you must have some kind of smoking gun then right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Too bad it appears that he followed in the footsteps of many another entertainer.

There is already MUCH speculation that he overdid the over the counter daily assistance.

My prayers are with him.. my hopes and thoughts go out to his family....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I haven't watched music videos in a long time. 
    I liked Land Of Confusion and Love Is A Battlefield.
    Thriller was the best I ever saw. Also enjoyed the other songs on that album.
    If you ever get to see the old movie "42nd Street", notice the similarity in the dance steps of Thriller.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]was he ever convicted of touching little kids? or was he simply accused? Cause i could have sworn we lived in a country where we are inocent until proven guilty and he was not found guilty so how exaclty is he a child molester? Unless you know something the rest of us dont that is, did he touch you as a child? no? you must have some kind of smoking gun then right?

Actually we live in a country were the rich and famous can buy their way out of trouble. Not that I blame him. It's the parents that pimped their kids off to him that are most nauseating.

As for his influence on music... To think that he had as big an influence as the Beatles is laughable at best. Performance wise yes but the biggest contributor to his albums musically was Quincy Jones.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]He was the "king of pop" and his death is on the level with Elvis dieing. I still dance when Thriller comes on, he was an icon and a part of American pop culture. He did lose his mind and i do think all the stuff he did to his body played a part in his death. And it is quite possible that he touched those little kids and paid for their silence but with all that aside he was a great entertainer and before he went bat sh*t he was the best at what he did. He was the youngest member of teh Jackson Five and he died before any of them, that is sad.

Video, please.

Beyond that, I'm going to go ahead and say I think sometimes our society creates its deviants, and there may be some truth to the notion that Michael's lack of a childhood warped him to some degree. While I tend to agree that musical comparisons to the Beatles do not even auger debate, I would say that Michael created a form of entertainment that went beyond simply playing music. Theres no Britney Spears nor Beyonce Knowles; no prancing, preening boy bands nor  Madonna nor  . . .   well . . .  whatever "hip hop" deuschebag you care to name . . .   that nonsense simply does not exist without Michael Jackson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

My wife was upset but I could care less.  I could not get past the hole raping of little boy's thing.  Then again I grew up on 70's Rock-n-Roll (Zeppelin, Sabbath, Aerosmith...ect.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea I wouldnt put him on the level with the Beatles I would say he was a modern day Elvis, and that seems pretty clear to me. Elvis has Graceland and Jackson had the Neverland Ranch. They both got crazy in their old age and they both changed the music bizz. Rich people can in fact buy themselves out of trouble however he still was never convicted of any crime.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

But gents doesn't (didn't) he actually own the Beatles? Wink

Actually the one celebrity I am waiting to see a comment from is Sir Paul.  I wouldn't be critical of him if he chose to say nothing, but it seems McCartney is generally a good guy and may actaully have a few nice words. 

Icon to Icon, Jackson was every bit as big as the Beatles, and I think musically he's had an enormous impact on the style of pop music since him.  The Beatles, however, are so unique.  The creative differences and yet collaborative willingness of Lennon and McCartney produced such a wide range of sound from song to song that I don't know if we'll see, in our lifetime, anything like them. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Jackson stealing (albeit, for a hefty price) the Beatles' catalogue out from under McCartney's nose was one of the signature deuschebag moves in our lifetime, particularly when those two were trying to sell the image of themselves as friends. Business is business, after all, I suppose. But there is one thing you can rely on, ever and always. Dying is the single most effective image enhancer known to man.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

I remember when the Thriller video was released. It was amazing. Especially for it's time. Anytime you get a nickname like "the king of pop" in the entertainment field you have truly surpassed being a good entertainer and entered the realm of greatness. I was not a big fan, but can respect his abilities as an entertainer. Somewhere down the line, his personal life completely fell apart and his affection for children went over the line. Hopefully he will be remembered for his music and let him rest in peace.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Maybe, McCartney can get his songs back, now?  (Jackson stabbed him in the back when he outbid 'im by a smidgen...shame and a sin.  FYI: the Beatles music was never supposed to be used commercially.)  As far as Jackson goes, he's just a 50-year guy that had a lot of problems; couldn't trust anyone...speaks volumes for the human race.  Get over him.  How 'bout those Red Sox?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Never cared for his music (or videos), with the exception of perhaps hearing Wierd Al make fun of his songs.

After having my ears and mind opened to Progressive Rock, it's hard to listen to anything else without cringing.

Besides, Michael Jackson was just plain creepy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to The Day The Music Died Part 3:
    [QUOTE]I understand this is a Patriots board. I don't remember Buddy Holly, I do remember Elvis. I certainly remember Michael Jackson. Personal issues aside, this was music I danced to when I was a young buck. All  of these men changed music and touched us in some way or another. Hope to talk to you guys soon. Mike In Katy, Texas PS Alien Antfarm did a better job on Smooth Criminal :P
    Posted by BigPapi61[/QUOTE]
     Mike in KT
    How the heck are you, friend? When I think of MJ, I think what a tragic waste of talent. Very sad. His personal life haunted him and changed him forever, never to return.
    We use words like these as backbone defending something, you use them as punchline.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

"backbone"

If you could pick one word to describe MJ what would it be?

Sections
Shortcuts