the disconnect between "PAID" players and the rest of the team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

the disconnect between "PAID" players and the rest of the team.

This subject has baffled me for a while since the high profile players command the high profile contracts while every other player is subject to the downward pressure of salary cap, limited resources, cut throat negotiations.

End result, you have a team of paid players... ( Brady, Welker, wilfork,  mayo , gronk) and I'm not sure of the exact numbers but you have the psychology  of  Brady making 20  times most players and welker making 10 times.

In a team game that needs 53 players , this salary dispersion is messed up (much like general population) .  Brady needs to earn his money keeping troops in line as much as throwing completions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: the disconnect between

So what is the difference with all businesses? The ones that make the team go or the business go make the most

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

In a team game that needs 53 players , this salary dispersion is messed up (much like general population) .  Brady needs to earn his money keeping troops in line as much as throwing completions.

General population? Should we all make the same? What about education, skills, Results and hard work? You are worth what someone is willing to pay you. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BB pays you what he feels you're worth. 

Chances are, Tom will restructure his deal this year. If he wants to keep Welker, BB is going to ask him to take off that 20 Million. Honestly though, why Brady wants a bloated contract like the Peyton Mannings, Drew Breeses and Eli Mannings of football is a mystery to me. I love when he used to take pay cuts for the betterment of the team, but I'm not mad at him for trying to make his money. 

BTW, what you're describing is called capitalism. What you're advocating for is called communism.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

General population? Should we all make the same? What about education, skills, Results and hard work? You are worth what someone is willing to pay you. 

Like real estate, its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it on any given day.

The problem  is this so called  market value gets manipulated  by agents such that Wes Welker is not worth 3 times what Brandon Lloyd is worth. 

What I'm suggesting is that there should be a system in place that puts a sensible distribution by position that gives teams the money to field a team.

For instance...  QB 10m,  RB 5m, WR 5m, dl 5 m , lb5m, CB 5 m, s 5 m,....etc.

SET LIMITS... . This market sh!t means you pay revis 12m and screw the rest of your team?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You're either pulling our leg, or you've had a few cocktails.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Belichick pays you based on the number of snaps he thinks he can play you, all players don't always work out, but that's the idea.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Brady, Welker, Fork, Mankins, Gronk, Hern, didn't come into the system making the big bucks.

Not sure what TB started out at but I'm guessing around 200K, more or less????

You're paid what you're worth or at least what other teams think you are worth.

Do you think all 3rd or 5th or 7th year players should all be paid the same, with a 5% raise to look forward to next year until they cap out???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

If you have a salary cap per team,  why not a salary cap per position....  the market system paid Welker 10m to drop a ball that swung the game momentum.  That's just the nature of the position...  Why do you pay him 10 mil........ ?  Its stupid.

PAy  that money to somebody else .  Now he will walk since he's not worth the money but he could still help the team.   so pats are screwed by the market system...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

End result, you have a team of paid players... ( Brady, Welker, wilfork,  mayo , gronk) and I'm not sure of the exact numbers but you have the psychology  of  Brady making 20  times most players and welker making 10 times.

Is the assumption then that these players can be easily replaced?  That is what makes their worth.  What would the Patriots be without Brady.  We have an idea about what happens without Gronkowski.  Yet when Love leaves the field do we notice?  Talib gets hurt and we noticed!  When a player goes out and it changes the flux of the season or game that's the reason for the big bucks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

Like real estate, its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it on any given day.

The problem  is this so called  market value gets manipulated  by agents such that Wes Welker is not worth 3 times what Brandon Lloyd is worth. 

What I'm suggesting is that there should be a system in place that puts a sensible distribution by position that gives teams the money to field a team.

For instance...  QB 10m,  RB 5m, WR 5m, dl 5 m , lb5m, CB 5 m, s 5 m,....etc.

SET LIMITS... . This market sh!t means you pay revis 12m and screw the rest of your team?

The system is in place. The market decides and the owners decide if they want to pay the price. Spend your money as you wish per the cap rules. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

BB pays you what he feels you're worth. 

Chances are, Tom will restructure his deal this year. If he wants to keep Welker, BB is going to ask him to take off that 20 Million. Honestly though, why Brady wants a bloated contract like the Peyton Mannings, Drew Breeses and Eli Mannings of football is a mystery to me. I love when he used to take pay cuts for the betterment of the team, but I'm not mad at him for trying to make his money. 

BTW, what you're describing is called capitalism. What you're advocating for is called communism.  

How do you foresee this restructuring of Brady's contract going?  The reason why he's getting  21+ mil this year and again next year is from repeated restructuring.  Would we grab 10 mil this year and pay him 32 mil next year?  Do we add another year or two onto what will be a 38 year old QB?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I wasn't aware of any Brady restructuring.  It would seem a silly thing to do being so far under the cap the last two years.  

Sections
Shortcuts