The Doom and Gloomers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Doom and Gloomers

Their Back!

Welker cost us 2 Super Bowls.  He's gone, now get over it.  Manning can't win a game in January.  Quit whinning.  No one knows the details.  Welker made his choice.  We are still the team to beat.  If you don't like it root for someone else.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: The Doom and Gloomers

One player, a popular one at that, is not the difference between a SB trophy or not.  It's been said enough here, did Welker make any plays that resulted in a SB win while here?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He cost us 2 SBs....how?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dennisrbaker. Show dennisrbaker's posts

agreed.  the overreaction is comical, but not unexpected.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

The whole opening page is threads on or about welker. When is enough enough?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

He cost us 2 SBs....how?

Welker was the sole reason why the Pats lost the time of position battle nearly 2:1

Also why the defensive gave up 28 points to the Ravens.

Welker's 2 misplays were obviously more significant than the misplays by the other players (sarcasm)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dennisrbaker. Show dennisrbaker's posts

He cost us 2 SBs....how?

his drop last year absolutely cost them the super bowl.  but saying he cost them this year is a huge stretch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

lmao...if it were truly that simple. Everyone on the two respective teams and the coaching staff were to blame. Lack of good game plan, lack of ability to call the right plays, the inability to execute by the players on offense, defense, and ST.

Is it the end of the world? No.  But in reality, they are more than just a few players away from being a very good team. IMO, they have been at the top of the second tier since 2005. Good enough for division champs in the weakest division, not good enough to win a championship.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Their Back!

Welker cost us 2 Super Bowls.  He's gone, now get over it.  Manning can't win a game in January.  Quit whinning.  No one knows the details.  Welker made his choice.  We are still the team to beat.  If you don't like it root for someone else.

Ridiculous post. Do you really think that Welker cost the Pats two SBs?? On the contrary, Welker was one of the main reasons why the Pats made it to two SBs. 

It is true that no one really knows what went on behind the scenes. But, Welker leaving, and going to the Pats' #1 competitor for an AFC title, for a very reasonable $6mil. per season, can't be sugar-coated.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to dennisrbaker's comment:

He cost us 2 SBs....how?

his drop last year absolutely cost them the super bowl.  but saying he cost them this year is a huge stretch.

It didn't cost them the Super Bowl. I would say that we had a much better shot of winning.

But if Welker makes that catch, and the Pats don't convert the next first down, the giants still had enough time and timeouts to have a final drive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The point of the OP is that Welker is gone.  Get over it.  If the Patriots really wanted him, we would have retained him.  BB clearly has other plans.  Onward and upward!!  

After the traditional draft pick trade, we'll have 5 picks and I expect 5 key FA signings by the time things are done, which will include 3 new WRs to supplement Gronk, Lloyd, Edelman? and Hernadez (who will take some Welker plays).  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Ridiculous post. Do you really think that Welker cost the Pats two SBs?? On the contrary, Welker was one of the main reasons why the Pats made it to two SBs. 

It is true that no one really knows what went on behind the scenes. But, Welker leaving, and going to the Pats' #1 competitor for an AFC title, for a very reasonable $6mil. per season, can't be sugar-coated.   

One of the first time's I have agreed with you on here!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What I do know is that the Patriots and Broncos could possibly meet in the playoffs to go to the Super Bowl.  Today the Broncos greatly improved their chances to win that game to go to Super Bowl and the Patriots great hurt their chances of winning that game to get to the Super Bowl. 

Things can certainly change, but as of right now that is the reality of this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Their Back!

I have to agree with Texas on this one. Welker to Manning is the worst case scenario. I figured he would be leaving but as the only receiver in NFL history with 5 - 100 catch seasons it hurts to see him go to a guy who will get him #6...and our main competitor in the AFC.

I am excited about our possibilities and our core is as good as any team in the LG. I say we sign all defensive players with maybe 1 mid level veteran receiver(and sign Edelman). 5 Te's and run the hell out of the ball. Take it back to the old school.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The Patriots got Welkers best years and didn't win a Super Bowl. He's 30 something, small, and has taken more hits than any receiver in football. Welker has been very good but realistically how much does he have left before he starts to break down? It's rare that a guy leaves the Patriots and plays at the same level and I wouldn't expect it here. BB certainly has a plan and will improve the team over last season. Surprised ? A little , but BB knows what he's doing.. Worried? Not a chance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

I'm not that ticked that he's gone, and no, I don't think he cost us the past two superbowls... I DO, however, think that he's one of the worst things to happen to Brady...  Once Welker came, Brady stopped looking for the open man and just started forcing to 83 all the time.

What I am concerned about is that the team has done nothing (and won't be able to do anything) to improve the team... 

The draft you say???  Well we all know hoodies record at drafting WR's.  Combine that with the fact that our offense is apparently too complicated for receivers (rookies or vets) to grasp.  Personally, I think that's why Welker's been here as long as he has... there just isn't anyone out there who can come in and get the offense.

Free agency you say???  Amendola?  Seriously.  Maybe he IS a poor man's Welker, but the fact remains that he's NOT in Welkers class and can't even stay on the field. 

Edelman?  Maybe for the 6 games that he's on the field.  Lloyd... if he can get up off the ground after making the catch...

Might as well go out and load up with 5 more TE's... maybe we can at least flood the middle of the field with big bodies who also can't stay healthy for an entire season.

Now... if they're planning on simplifying the offense and going in a different direction (which could be the case), maybe it's not all doom... but if they're going to try to keep the Erhardt/Perkins offensive phylosophy rolling, it's not going to be pretty with no wide receivers that can understand the concepts or the verbage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He cost us 2 SBs....how?

did you watch the SB against the jints, and the drop he had against the crows?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

What I do know is that the Patriots and Broncos could possibly meet in the playoffs to go to the Super Bowl.  Today the Broncos greatly improved their chances to win that game to go to Super Bowl and the Patriots great hurt their chances of winning that game to get to the Super Bowl. 

I doubt it. BB will overcome and prevail

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Amendola will thrive in NE and about 80% of teh people whining about this move will deny they were against it.

The patriots just UPGRADED at WR.  Write it down.  Amendola is a great acquisition.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

couldnt disagree more. i think they improved their chances, because now they have the room to do more with the cap room...they can now possibly sign two receivers for the price of one welker and also go get some help on defense. denver added welker, but if they lose dumervil, that will be as big a loss as welker is a gain.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Their Back!

Welker cost us 2 Super Bowls.  

Skip to 0:23 of the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzYZh28O9ak

23. This post has been removed.