The draft belichick decided to take a dump on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The draft belichick decided to take a dump on

Despite reports of this being the deepest draft in recent history, the Patriots apparently don't like it.

For us to select a quarterback in the second round he had better be the next Joe Montana, because this kid will be sitting for at least the next two years. Meanwhile our defensive line next season will have not one, not two, but three guys who will be coming off ACL injuries...and one guy coming off a Achilles tendon injury. We will have not a single tight end on our roster opening day that will be able to run a route, get open and catch a pass. We will have two running backs (one that fumbles like it's his job and the other who will get injured and miss 5 weeks because of a stiff wind). The second round had no other options but the "Heir To Brady's Throw"?? Two years too early?

I mean I thought that's why we already wasted a third round pick on Mallett three years ago, so he could be the "heir to Brady's thrown"...because he was a "top 15 talent". Lol!

And what happened to our third round pick? I went to bed and woke up and there was none, what did we get in trade?  Did we get a fourth and a pick next year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: The draft belichick decided to take a dump on

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Despite reports of this being the deepest draft in recent history, the Patriots apparently don't like it.

For us to select a quarterback in the second round he had better be the next Joe Montana, because this kid will be sitting for at least the next two years. Meanwhile our defensive line next season will have not one, not two, but three guys who will be coming off ACL injuries...and one guy coming off a Achilles tendon injury. We will have not a single tight end on our roster opening day that will be able to run a route, get open and catch a pass. We will have two running backs (one that fumbles like it's his job and the other who will get injured and miss 5 weeks because of a stiff wind). The second round had no other options but the "Heir To Brady's Throw"?? Two years too early?

I mean I thought that's why we already wasted a third round pick on Mallett three years ago, so he could be the "heir to Brady's thrown"...because he was a "top 15 talent". Lol!

And what happened to our third round pick? I went to bed and woke up and there was none, what did we get in trade?  Did we get a fourth and a pick next year?

[/QUOTE]

We have 3 4ths today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We have 3 4ths today.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I feel better (a little). I swear when that second round pick rolled in it took the wind right out of my sails. I got instantly tired and went to bed...woke up to check and we had traded the third away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We have 3 4ths today.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I feel better (a little). I swear when that second round pick rolled in it took the wind right out of my sails. I got instantly tired and went to bed...woke up to check and we had traded the third away.

[/QUOTE]

We got Jac 5th pick in the 4th and their 3rd in the 6th for our 3rd. (I believe)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

[QUOTE]

We have 3 4ths today.

[/QUOTE]

We got the 105th (fourth round) and 179th (the sixth round ???).

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Actually, they do seem to buy into the deepest draft theory, in a big way. They have seven picks today, so they're stocking up on the depth of this draft. They thought the draft was deep enough that they could get some good enough football players on Day 3 and they could take a shot on a QB of the future in round 2.

Depth means there are good players available in later rounds, right? It means you don't have to fill needs in earlier rounds, you can swing for the fences. So, drafting a QB instead of some other position early makes perfect sense in a deep draft.

If Garop is any good (and I have no idea if he is, by the way), and if he is able to take over for TB in three or four years without missing a beat, nobody will care that they passed on Joe Shmo the guard in 2014 in order to get him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I get how deflated, disappointed and enraged most people are. I feel for everyone who put tons of hours in each week researching players in the hope we could make sense of the draft. 

It is very hard to accept we have no control over BB or any other GM. Myself, I don't watch college football much and don't research the players. But I wish I could make it better for everyone who feels so bad......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I get how deflated, disappointed and enraged most people are. I feel for everyone who put tons of hours in each week researching players in the hope we could make sense of the draft. 

It is very hard to accept we have no control over BB or any other GM. Myself, I don't watch college football much and don't research the players. But I wish I could make it better for everyone who feels so bad......

[/QUOTE]

I'm not upset at all....Easley was worth the risk...ACLs seem better handled today (AP) and Easley is a bigger, faster, stronger Von Miller and will give O linemen all the can handle. While he's causing issues at the line of scrimmage CJ will be zoning in on the QB..

Jimmy Garoppolo is TB's heir apparent, had to be done and he's a solid choice.

The core of the team will be built today and after the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajaym. Show ajaym's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, they do seem to buy into the deepest draft theory, in a big way. They have seven picks today, so they're stocking up on the depth of this draft. They thought the draft was deep enough that they could get some good enough football players on Day 3 and they could take a shot on a QB of the future in round 2.

Depth means there are good players available in later rounds, right? It means you don't have to fill needs in earlier rounds, you can swing for the fences. So, drafting a QB instead of some other position early makes perfect sense in a deep draft.

If Garop is any good (and I have no idea if he is, by the way), and if he is able to take over for TB in three or four years without missing a beat, nobody will care that they passed on Joe Shmo the guard in 2014 in order to get him.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. What part of the "draft depth" are people misunderstanding? 3 4th and 6th round picks - early, middle late is the recipe for depth. And who knows they may still trade RM to get a high 4th and/or 5th, trade two 6ths for a 5th. I would rather wait and watch. Love to see some combination of LB, center, guard, WR, RB, SS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

BB is trying to build a team, and as much as the draft is interesting to watch he's not picking with our entertainment in mind.  Would everybody have been that much more excited if he drafted some OL you've never seen play in Rds 2 & 3?  They've invested in guys they feel can be good players.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Selecting another QB had to happen.  Mallet's expiration is quickly approaching and he is in the wind when that happens.  The prospect of more money and a starting position will be too great for him, and BB didn't want to double or triple his salary so he could continue being a backup.  He knows it could be as much as 5 years before NE has a new QB.  So Mallet in essence worked out exactly as he was supposed to.  He was a solid insurance policy, nothing more. 

Feel good about Garoppolo.  Skillset and intangible wise he's basically Tom Brady but has much better feet/speed. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

+2000

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

+2000

[/QUOTE]

+2001

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

All this talk about the Pats going out and getting Brady's replacement... blah, blah, blah, All the write ups on Garappolo being like Brady... Come on folks, the Pats were sold on Bortles as being that guy, not Garappolo.  It has been widely reported that if Bortles was there at 29 the Pats would have snatched him in a heartbeat.  Well he wasn't, the Pats took Garoppolo instead.  Bortles was "their guy" to begin with and they ended up with Garopplol.   So Please, don't act like this was the master plan.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Muzz, Finally a post of reason and swift slapping of Cupcake.  Cupcake wants to adjust his Madden NFL video game with trendy names so he can sleep well at night in his wind tunnel tested Mel Kiper autographed toupee.

bawahaa

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, those people are seriously losers if something so trivial like a football draft being that important to them.

It's scary they are adults.

[/QUOTE]

Look who's talking, lmao!  You will do whatever it takes to defend every single move BB makes, very creepy.  Scary that a person like you has even made it to adulthood.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All this talk about the Pats going out and getting Brady's replacement... blah, blah, blah, All the write ups on Garappolo being like Brady... Come on folks, the Pats were sold on Bortles as being that guy, not Garappolo.  It has been widely reported that if Bortles was there at 29 the Pats would have snatched him in a heartbeat.  Well he wasn't, the Pats took Garoppolo instead.  Bortles was "their guy" to begin with and they ended up with Garopplol.   So Please, don't act like this was the master plan.  

[/QUOTE]

Pats were sold on Rattay and Brady.  They liked Brady mainly because Brady was still on the board in 2000 and they needed a QB to develop.

Get your facts straight. If Bortles ends up a bust and BB drafted him, you'd be in here like a little girl whining about it.

You will do anything to take the opposite of a reaction that makes it a negative.  Your premise is that NE wanted Bortles first, which is not a negative. It means that they preferred a bigger QB, basically.  I can all but guarantee you that Garoppolo was a very close second.

What's interesting is, NE didn't like Manziel for whatever reasons, likely the obvious ones.

Garoppolo is well ahead of the curve since his skill set is exactly what you want to read about with an NFL prospect, IMO.  Arm strength is important, but also wildly overrated. Footwork and mechanics are more important than that.  And accuracy. He has those things.

This ain't Mark Sanchez, EJ Manuel or Geno Bust here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from deebz. Show deebz's posts

The draft is not over by any means..today is a big day!  

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I don't get why so many are so down on this draft (although I suppose its like this every year on the forum). I like the picks, excited what Easley's quickness can do in this D with lots of press coverage. Garoppolo, we won't know for a couple years whether it was a good pick, but the kid shows a lot of talent. Plenty of picks on day 3 with lots of talent still available.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get why so many are so down on this draft (although I suppose its like this every year on the forum). I like the picks, excited what Easley's quickness can do in this D with lots of press coverage. Garoppolo, we won't know for a couple years whether it was a good pick, but the kid shows a lot of talent. Plenty of picks on day 3 with lots of talent still available.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If they can unearth a gem somewhere here today and get some good complementary youth elsewhere, it's a good draft.

The knee jerk reactions from the adults who act like children in here, is beyond disturbing.  Can you imagine these people off the board when they get bad news or something goes wrong in their day?  lol

Easley is exactly what people wanted in here. I could see if he was a running back, WR or CB and did a lot of cutting in and out, but he's not.  He's an inline player at the line of scrimmage so the ACL injury shouldn't factor in much moving forward with his effectiveness.

I see him getting some tutoring from Vince, Kelly and WIll Smith and being worked in more and more as the season goes, similarly to Vince in his rookie year in 2004.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Adding logic as an adult is not "defending any move". It's called adding logic. Many people have done it in this thread, mainly Muzz.

GO read his comments, stupid.  

God forbid BB want to make sure he has a replacement for Brady. Mallett isn't going to wait around, have his career ruined by being buried behind Brady.  That's not fair. I said BB drafted Mallett to develop, hope to never have to use him for real, and then likely deal him JUST like with Cassel.

It's A LOT better than paying Mark Brunnell or someone like that to stand there, eat veteran salary and then get nothing on the back end.

Again, the fact you BBWs are shocked a QB choice has been made with Mallett's contract expiring, means you are MORONS.

Brian Hoyer was the guy before Mallett. Wake up, IDIOTS.

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't bother me they took a QB, goofball.  You need better reading comprehension.  What I am saying is just stop acting like it was the master plan here.  Bolrtles was "their Guy", not Garoppolo.  Why didn';t they move up and go get Bortles instead?  Heck, I would have been much better with them doing that and them getting "their guy" instead of taking the next guy available.  My complaint has nothing to do with them taking a QB.  You are working so hard to deflect any amount of criticism that you miss the point.  You are truly a nut job homer!  Fans like you who defend every single move are disgraceful to the team and the fanbase.