the draft is not gonna solve all problems...trade needed!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoodrich. Show hoodrich's posts

the draft is not gonna solve all problems...trade needed!

as we all know the draft is a crap shoot, and theres a real chance that whoever we draft on thursday may not help us this coming season. other that vollmer none of last years rookies made much of a impact.(maybe edellman)....
    I do think we should take Kindlle from texas if hes still there when we're picking in rd 1....

with the the 1st pick in the 2nd rd, i would be highly dissapointed if theres a chance to grab golden tate and we dont! if hes still available that guy would be a huge addition. Hes coming from a college that plays the same system, he made tons of tough catches, hes quick as a cat, and hes fearless across the middle.... with no welker till possibly week 8, we need to adree that hole

With the 2nd pk in rd2
    Javid Best would be a good fit, or maybe the gerhart kid from wisconsin. both do different thing but both would fit the patriots mold.

With the 3rdpk in the rd 2.... we should trade this pick to our old buddy al davis for Nnamdi...Hes already better than every corner we have, and would make a awsome tandom with Bodden. Oakland is dangling him out there... y not?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: the draft is not gonna solve all problems...trade needed!

In Response to the draft is not gonna solve all problems...trade needed!:
    [QUOTE]..... With the 3rdpk in the rd 2.... we should trade this pick to our old buddy al davis for Nnamdi...Hes already better than every corner we have, and would make a awsome tandom with Bodden. Oakland is dangling him out there... y not?
    Posted by hoodrich[/QUOTE]

Asomugha's contract is ridiculous.  He gets $16 million in 2010 with an option year in 2011 available for $16.9 million or the franchise tag number for quarterbacks, whichever amount is greater, and he can't be franchised.  He's good but not that good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Predraft-rumors-and-rumblings.html

• Notre Dame wideout Golden Tate also isn’t getting the kind of love from many NFL teams that he’s getting from most mainstream media sources. One scout I spoke to this week said he had Tate graded out as a mid-round prospect.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I like the names you've mentioned and also agree that the draft isn't going to put us over the top. I believe our best chances for immediate improvement through the draft are at Offensive line and RB. Unfortunately we are stuck hoping our young guys from last year improve quite a bit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoodrich. Show hoodrich's posts

Most scouts also said tom brady was a 6th rd talent...... when i watched GT play he always made plays. he doesnt have that straight line speed but his quickness is ridiculous. our offense is more suited to quick guys that run crisp routes than fast guys. thats why guys like chad jackson, and bethal johnson couldnt get it done. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: the draft is not gonna solve all problems...trade needed!:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Predraft-rumors-and-rumblings.html • Notre Dame wideout Golden Tate also isn’t getting the kind of love from many NFL teams that he’s getting from most mainstream media sources. One scout I spoke to this week said he had Tate graded out as a mid-round prospect.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's what some of us have been trying to tell tategroup

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

If we can restructure Nnamdi's contract so it is reasonable, then I am all for trading a second round pick for him. With Holmes and Marshall in the AFC East, a strong cornerback core is needed. Nnamdi, Bodden, and Btler would be a fantastic combo. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]If we can restructure Nnamdi's contract so it is reasonable, then I am all for trading a second round pick for him. With Holmes and Marshall in the AFC East, a strong cornerback core is needed. Nnamdi, Bodden, and Btler would be a fantastic combo. 
    Posted by Supernova13[/QUOTE]

If we could restructure that would be great but what incentive would he have to restructure? He's making over 16 mil this season any restructure would cut that most likely to a 1/3 of that. So in 1 year he could make what a restructure would give him in 3 and he'd still be a FA 2 years earlier or he gets another 17mil to remain a Pat for another year after this one. That contract is a killer and he has 0 incentive for him to restructure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the draft is not gonna solve all problems...trade needed! : If we could restructure that would be great but what incentive would he have to restructure? He's making over 16 mil this season any restructure would cut that most likely to a 1/3 of that. So in 1 year he could make what a restructure would give him in 3 and he'd still be a FA 2 years earlier or he gets another 17mil to remain a Pat for another year after this one. That contract is a killer and he has 0 incentive for him to restructure.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I would be willing to restructure just to get me out of Oakland. 

In reality, I do not see him coming here. We need all the money we can get to sign Brady and others next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

Hoodrich I"m totally with you on GT.  He runs good routes, good hands, plays well under pressure, gets open, makes plays, can play the slot or wide out, he's tough, would def attempt to run block if asked, he's a great lockerroom guy.  He is not the fastest guy or a sick physcial speciem, bascially he's everything Chad Jackson and bethel johnson were not.

I def don't like trading up, to many holes, like you said it's a crap shot, there are more 1st round graded players this year supposedly than prior years so why reduce your odds, in this draft more than any other get as many highly graded players you can, it is a crap shoot so the more players you take a risk on the more chances you have of hitting. 

On the trade front I think there will be some trades on draft day, also keep in mind because there is no cap to deal with teams are going to hold on to players longer.  Take Dion Branch for example.  Seattle def does NOT want to pay him 5.3 mill, the hawks would have cut him to make room under their cap but now they will wait to see if they can draft or acquire another WR who can replace him right up to.. Not sure when maybe training camp.  There will be more not cap but salary causalities down the road and you won't need to give up a draft pic to get them.  Smart business.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

so who do we trade for?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

I've made this point before, but since it was so brilliant i'll make it again. Teams are going to unload big-salary players they are not happy with (like us with AD) before the season starts.
    Who is better than BB in taking veteran players off the scrap heap and making them useful again? I think there will be lots more veterans released after the draft and that the pats will prosper as a result!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE] I think there will be lots more veterans released after the draft and that the pats will prosper as a result!
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

I can see this as a possibility

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I've made this point before, but since it was so brilliant i'll make it again. Teams are going to unload big-salary players they are not happy with (like us with AD) before the season starts. Who is better than BB in taking veteran players off the scrap heap and making them useful again? I think there will be lots more veterans released after the draft and that the pats will prosper as a result!
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]
    It's a good point but the tricky part is you don't know what players or what positions they will be so it won't help you before the draft.

Belichick said in a recent press conference that he had already received calls relative to the second round picks so there may well be some draft day trades.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whoremaster. Show whoremaster's posts

[QUOTE]I've made this point before, but since it was so brilliant i'll make it again. Teams are going to unload big-salary players they are not happy with (like us with AD) before the season starts. Who is better than BB in taking veteran players off the scrap heap and making them useful again? I think there will be lots more veterans released after the draft and that the pats will prosper as a result!
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE] You sir have earned your capt crunch .just make sure laz wants you to come over to mow his lawn and not other body parts unless his mom is at home.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Wah, I hate that the Pats aren't run like a fantasy team where we can pick all the popular players every season. We should have traded for Adrian Peterson, Colston, Asomugha, Ray Lewis, Brandon Marshall, Ed Reed, Tony Gonzales, Polamalu, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Cromartie, Jake Long, Freeney and anybody that went to the probowl that isn't a current Patriot.

Now that I got that out of the way. Don't you think it makes sense to see who you get in the draft, a possible Seymore or Wilfork or Edleman or Butler or Chung or Mayo or Copen or Vollmer or Mankins or Merriweather, before you disrupt the life and livelyhood of a veteran and bring them in needlessly to take up a roster spot that could have been used for a different position of need?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The draft is a bit of a crap shoot but I don't think it's that much of a gamble.  This is how teams are built after all.  One has to be careful about trades as well.  It's chancy as well.

Hoodrich is right about one thing in a round about way in that the draft doesn't address things immediately.  Players take time to develop and get use to the NFL game.  It's nice if you have the luxury of introducing the game to a rookie at a slower pace if possible in order to learn the NFL game. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to the draft is not gonna solve all problems...trade needed!:
    as we all know the draft is a crap shoot, and theres a real chance that whoever we draft on thursday may not help us this coming season. other that vollmer none of last years rookies made much of a impact.(maybe edellman).... I do think we should take Kindlle from texas if hes still there when we're picking in rd 1.... with the the 1st pick in the 2nd rd, i would be highly dissapointed if theres a chance to grab golden tate and we dont! if hes still available that guy would be a huge addition. Hes coming from a college that plays the same system, he made tons of tough catches, hes quick as a cat, and hes fearless across the middle.... with no welker till possibly week 8, we need to adree that hole With the 2nd pk in rd2 Javid Best would be a good fit, or maybe the gerhart kid from wisconsin. both do different thing but both would fit the patriots mold. With the 3rdpk in the rd 2.... we should trade this pick to our old buddy al davis for Nnamdi...Hes already better than every corner we have, and would make a awsome tandom with Bodden. Oakland is dangling him out there... y not?
    Posted by hoodrich

A bit of a contradiction here.  Rookies don't usually make an impact so we need vets.  But since the Pats rookies (who usually don't make an impact their rookie year) didn't make an impact their rookie year, they aren't very good and we need vets.  The Pats could keep the exact same roster as last year and get completely different results.  Not only could that happen but it is almost guaranteed to happen.  Repeating the same results is what's rare.  I don't recall the Saints or Colts making any big moves for vets last year.

2008 New Orleans  8-8 last place in their division
    2009 New Orleans  13-3  First place in Division and SB

2008 Colts 12-4    2nd place in division, loss in wildcard in playoffs
    2009 Colts  14-2   1st place in division, Loss in SB

I went into last year expecting big things from Brady, Moss, Welker, Wilfork, Mayo, Meriweather, Galloway and Adalius.  With the exception of Adalius and Galloway those guys performed very well.  Now raise your hand if you expected Vollmer, Bodden, Edelman or TBC to be standout players.  If your hand is raised then you are a liar.  Point is, there will be a surprise playmaker this year, because there is every year.  Don't know who it will be, could be more than one.  I expect Brady, Moss, Welker, Wilfork, Mayo, Meriweather, Vollmer, Bodden, and Edelman to be good this year.  As I look at it that's adding talent, kept the good players, developed more good players and got rid of the unerachievers (Well AD is still around for some reason).  Vets can help but there's no evidence in the NFL that adding them to your team gurantees improvement.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

BB appears to be looking for incremental advances.  A few incremental advances can make a huge difference.

The younger drafted vets getting better. The newly added vets and the vets added in 2009 fitting their system.  The rookies fitting in at least enough to make a contribution. 

A lot of their recent hight drafted picks have been DBs and MLBs which are harder to integrate than OL, OLBs, DEs and RBs.  The area of this years needs should be easier to integrate, thus make a bigger impact.

They still need to add at least one WR.  I can see them trying to add a vet like Branch who might be available and would know their system.  I aso see them taking a WR high to be groomed since WR also take a while.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoodrich. Show hoodrich's posts

Wah, I hate that the Pats aren't run like a fantasy team where we can pick all the popular players every season. We should have traded for Adrian Peterson, Colston, Asomugha, Ray Lewis, Brandon Marshall, Ed Reed, Tony Gonzales, Polamalu, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Cromartie, Jake Long, Freeney and anybody that went to the probowl that isn't a current Patriot.

hahahahah were trying to be funny... because your post was very corny....."Now that i got that out of the way"

@ the rest
    BB does usually do a good job reviving careers but hes also missed alot lately with scrap heap guys. Galloway, Bisel, Springs(so far) , tank williams, greg williams,etc. that hasnt been an exact science either. the guys we currently have at cnr havent shown that they can get the job done. if there is a year to take the big hit this is the year while trying to get a long term deal done with the guy. we have way to many needs to really think we can patch them all with rookies. if we get 2 starters out of this years draft class that would be a blessing. in all honesty it would probably take a combo of drafting well, picking up the right vets, and trade to put us in a position to take the afc east. barring injury the Jets are stacked..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: the draft is not gonna solve all problems...trade needed! : hahahahah were trying to be funny... because your post was very corny....."Now that i got that out of the way" @ the rest BB does usually do a good job reviving careers but hes also missed alot lately with scrap heap guys. Galloway, Bisel, Springs(so far) , tank williams, greg williams,etc. that hasnt been an exact science either. the guys we currently have at cnr havent shown that they can get the job done. if there is a year to take the big hit this is the year while trying to get a long term deal done with the guy. we have way to many needs to really think we can patch them all with rookies. if we get 2 starters out of this years draft class that would be a blessing. in all honesty it would probably take a combo of drafting well, picking up the right vets, and trade to put us in a position to take the afc east. barring injury the Jets are stacked..
    Posted by hoodrich

Except that their QB is not very good and they downgraded thier Running game....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

If Tate is available, I would love for NE to grab him with one of thier 2nd round picks.  He reminds me of Steve Smith.  I dont understand why so many scouts doubt that guy.