The Draft (my wishlist) rounds 1&2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: The Draft (my wishlist) rounds 1&2

I'm not mad at that list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

if that came true, all we would need is our O-line and were stacked

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

The Draft (my wishlist) rounds 1&2

Round 1 (pick 22)- Brandon Graham, Michigan.
    He will bring back that Willie mentality to our D which is so sorely missed.
    Round 2a 12 (44th overall)- Jerry Hughes, TCU
    This draft is going to be about our D, and thats what we need, and with his speed, sure he may be undersized for BB, but his skills make up for it, and he has a nack for always getting to the QB, it would be ridiculous not to get him.
    Round 2b 16(48th overall) Damian Williams,USC
    We have all this talk about Moss leaving next year, its time to get someone to replace him, and this kid has it all, great at routes, great hands, and blazing speed, imho best WR in draft and would be a steal to get him hear.
    Round 2b 21 (53rd overall)-Patrick Patterson,FSU
    blazing speed, could be a great KR/PR and BB loves his versital players, good with coverage, but needs to get physical, we get him here becuase we need to keep adding to our CB corps.
    Now this is just me, i know we need ppl on our O-line but i think we have other pressing issues, and O-line could be delt with either way throught draft or FA. Thoughts?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

ohh and Williams is also a PK/KR so even more upside  :D

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would love that draft. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I would be amazed and will be doing cartwheels if this happens. Hughes will most likeley be gone by 44. Many drafts have him going in 33-40 range. I do wish that this works out for us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hughes is not even the best OLB on his own team,Washington was the ball chaser! Though I like Hughes also I think I'd rather the Patriots take one of the big ugglies in the first round on either side of the ball. I doubt Brandon Graham will be available at #22. My guess is that either Everson or Odrick will fall to the Patriots on the DL and if Pouncey is available then there will be some in fighting going on!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Graham, Sapp, Williams, and Best (or Patterson)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: The Draft (my wishlist) rounds 1&2:
    [QUOTE]Graham, Sapp, Williams, and Best (or Patterson)
    Posted by jcappy[/QUOTE] I hope you were just clowning about Patterson as the guy he was clearly thinking of was Robinson from FSU.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Mine is-

Weatherspoon
    Hughes
    Gronkowski
    Shipley

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We need a RE, but I love your draft. Wouldn't draft a CB in round two either, I would go OT. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

My wishlist - just tweaked a bit...

No too shabby but how about this...

Round 1 (pick 22)- Brandon Graham, Michigan. (same)

Round 2a 12 (44th overall)- Ryan Mathews, Fresno State.
    With the pickup of Lewis and questions surrounding high picks on pass rushers the need to crush the first two picks on the defensive side isn't necessary.  Mathews is a bruising runner for max yards up the middle and known for solid blocking which the other RBs seem to be missing.   

Round 2b 16(48th overall) Damian Williams,USC b (same)
    We have all this talk about Moss leaving next year, its time to get someone to replace him, and this kid has it all, great at routes, great hands, and blazing speed, imho best WR in draft and would be a steal to get him hear.

Round 2b 21 (53rd overall)-Jared Veldheer, OT
    A bit raw but undeniably talented and has obvious comparisons to Vollmer but more importantly solidifies an offensive with some question marks surrounding Light / Mankins.

Ideally I'd LOVE the PATS to trade down a couple spots and pick up that missing 3rd round pick for a rushing DE/OLB.  I just can't justify a second round pick on a bust position such as pass rush...

OH and somewhere around the low 4 - 5th round pick up the punter Zoltan Melko the way we snatched Gostkowski just to round it all off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

ok if hughes is gone at 44, i say we reach up for sapp, or stay there and hope no1 has picked up Kyle(forgot lastname) from Boise. we need loads of help in our secondary and he could be a dominate playmaker on the defensive side of the ball, hes physical, fast, versital, only consern i his height, but he has the vertical jump high enough to fite for the ball mid air with some of the tallest recievers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Rice, the problem with McCluster is he is too small to pass block like K Faulk does.  THAT is what makes K Faulk so awesome.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

At # 53, If available, I would go with Ducasse out of U Mass.  He and Vollmer would be huge tackles anchoring the O-line for a long time.

Also, I doubt Hughes will be waiting to be picked at # 44.  If he is, then it would be a steal.  

I believe we will be trading down from # 22.  My opinion, Atlanta takes Graham at #19.   We could see a repeat of last year.

If we hit your draft - I think most Patriot Fans would be extremely pleased.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

These top 4 picks are precious and opinions vary on how they should be spent.   The only problem I see with your draft is availability of these players at the spots.  Williams would be the only one of having a shot.  I'm on board with you on the CB thing.  I don't know what to think about our defensive backfield either.  But until we get the pass rush taken care of we just won't know.  The four big spots IMO are RB, TE, DE and a OLB that can get to the QB. 

That first pick is going to be hard to figure because of the talent that's there and I believe the QB situation and OT run will have something drop to us at 22.  The Pats shouldn't trade down here.  The Pats would have a choice of selecting Odrick, Weatherspoon, Mathews and Gresham here.  All are needs.  Not to mention the pass rush with players like Kindle, Hughes and Griffen.  Who ever they go with they can fill in the holes with the three 2nd rounders. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I'd be hapy as hell with that draft.
    My wishlist draft would be Dez Bryant 22nd overall, Jerry Hughes at 44, at 48 it would be an OL like Ducasse and at 53, ILB Brandon Spikes who I believe could drop this far down after a poor 40 yard dash.

IMO, Spikes is a great player and on tape, his speed doesn't seem to be an issue.
    My wishlist gives us a Future #1 wideout in Bryant, a big motor defensive player who lives in the backfield of opposing offenses, a very good Oline man and a tough inside linebacker to pair with Mayo and shut down opposing run games for years to come.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

At # 53, If available, I would go with Ducasse out of U Mass.  He and Vollmer would be huge tackles anchoring the O-line for a long time. Also, I doubt Hughes will be waiting to be picked at # 44.  If he is, then it would be a steal.   I believe we will be trading down from # 22.  My opinion, Atlanta takes Graham at #19.   We could see a repeat of last year. If we hit your draft - I think most Patriot Fans would be extremely pleased.
    Posted by rolltide1963

I'll know I would.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

if we get Dez at 22, i would go crazy!!!! i love him more then Damian and he is the Moss prototype!!! hes a monster and can destroy anyone!!!! f hes there BB better take him!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

if we get Dez at 22, i would go crazy!!!! i love him more then Damian and he is the Moss prototype!!! hes a monster and can destroy anyone!!!! f hes there BB better take him!!!
    Posted by TateGroup

If he can remember his shoes, I pass.  Yes he's a talent but to compare him with Moss? 
    He comes with off the field issues, there are a lot of guys in this draft who are tall fast but are clean off the field.  Bryant's value is dropping and IMO he won't be the first WR off the board. 
    An indication we don't take him is look at the type of guys the Pats have gone after as FAs, high character guys who will not embarrass the team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

In Response to Re: The Draft (my wishlist) rounds 1&2 : If he can remember his shoes, I pass.  Yes he's a talent but to compare him with Moss?  He comes with off the field issues, there are a lot of guys in this draft who are tall fast but are clean off the field.  Bryant's value is dropping and IMO he won't be the first WR off the board.  An indication we don't take him is look at the type of guys the Pats have gone after as FAs, high character guys who will not embarrass the team.
    Posted by Pats7393

Well he is definatly not as bad as Moss was coming into the NFL, he was just stupid by being a lier. he didnt do anything wrong and this whole cleat thing was blown waaaaayyy out of proportion, i love this kid, and hes much faster then his 40 time. He can do it all and IS the next Randy Moss!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

I realise the patriots most probably take OLB or DE at #22 but if Dez Bryant fell to #22 it would have to tempt them!!!

Just thinking about Brady throwing to Bryant all season long is enough to make your johnson move!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

I realise the patriots most probably take OLB or DE at #22 but if Dez Bryant fell to #22 it would have to tempt them!!!  Just thinking about Brady throwing to Bryant all season long is enough to make your johnson move!!!
    Posted by wiggy26

wth??? lmao

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

In Response to Re: The Draft (my wishlist) rounds 1&2 : wth??? lmao
    Posted by TateGroup

Ok maybe i went a little too far there!!! haha

He will be a beast. Just hope its with the pats.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

ikno :)))))))))))) if we get Dez you can call the draft a win or the pats!! its what they should've done last year when Percy Havin was still on the board

Sections
Shortcuts