The Dynasty is dead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

The Dynasty is dead

How many times do we have to keep hearing this? I just read an ESPN article talking about how our dynasty was over...

Pretty sure I heard that from journalists in '08 after the Pats were upset in The Super Bowl

Pretty sure I heard it again in '09 after the Saints humiliated us on MNF

Then I hear it after we got steamrolled by Baltimore in the playoffs last year

And now again after the Jets

I honestly dont care if the dynasty is dead...to me, it died when the core of that group left. Harrison, Phifer, Brown, Bruschi, Vrabel, Ted Johnson, McGinest, Law, Fauria, Givens, Seymour, etc...ya some guys are still remaining.

They werent all great players. But they had the magic where you knew when it mattered most, they would make the needed play.

A lot of people are pointing the finger at Brady...and talking about how hes lost his playoff luster and is no longer a clutch Qb...well remember, that defense we had back them was arguably more clutch than Brady himself.  Whether it was a defensive slugfest or a shootout, we always knew that the defense would make that one play that would turn that game around.

A lot of those players went through frustrating years before becoming champions.  Im still down about this loss...Heres to hoping the disappointment, adversity and struggles lead to something better down the road

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: The Dynasty is dead

and that there is no such thing as an easy win. SEA-NO and NYJ-NE were examples this year.

I was surprised to see so many threads asking if we were unbeatable...cmon guys. we of all people know, on any given sunday, any team can win...except the panthers this year. they were just a mess

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

But this is also from people who claim there never was a dynasty to begin with. Go figure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

lmao...where have u been? it's been dead since like 2005.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

a lot went wrong in the game, but I have never seen brady look like that before.  He looked scared to get hit on several different plays that he would normally take a step up or back in the pocket to buy himself some time, instead he curled his shoulders like manning and waited for the hit to come.  I have never seen Brady do that.  Bottom line the defense didn't play bad, they were put in tough situations by a fake punt etc.  Things are looking good for the future, I thought we were still one year away, but got excited by the 14-2 record.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

If they declare it dead, does that mean we aren't allowed to win any more games?  We get elected to be the Lions now, right?  I mean, "they" determine what we get to do?  

I don't care.  In 2001, we did it, no one believed we could.  
    I don't care.  In 2003 we did it again, still no one believed we could.
    I don't care.  In 2004 they said it was too hard to go back to back, we did it.
    I don't care.  In 2007 when they said we would win it all, we didn't.  

"THEY"  have a fairly poor track record.  I stopped paying attention a while ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to The Dynasty is dead:
    How many times do we have to keep hearing this? I just read an ESPN article talking about how our dynasty was over... Pretty sure I heard that from journalists in '08 after the Pats were upset in The Super Bowl Pretty sure I heard it again in '09 after the Saints humiliated us on MNF Then I hear it after we got steamrolled by Baltimore in the playoffs last year And now again after the Jets I honestly dont care if the dynasty is dead...to me, it died when the core of that group left. Harrison, Phifer, Brown, Bruschi, Vrabel, Ted Johnson, McGinest, Law, Fauria, Givens, Seymour, etc...ya some guys are still remaining. They werent all great players. But they had the magic where you knew when it mattered most, they would make the needed play. A lot of people are pointing the finger at Brady...and talking about how hes lost his playoff luster and is no longer a clutch Qb...well remember, that defense we had back them was arguably more clutch than Brady himself.  Whether it was a defensive slugfest or a shootout, we always knew that the defense would make that one play that would turn that game around. A lot of those players went through frustrating years before becoming champions.  Im still down about this loss...Heres to hoping the disappointment, adversity and struggles lead to something better down the road
    Posted by dapats1281

Your first mistake is in reading or watching ESPN.
    Your second one is paying any attention to anything written or said by their employees.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

While the dynasty is certainly dead (and has been for some time), there's nothing stopping us from becoming the next dynasty as well.  This team is loaded with great, young players who have shown the ability to improve on a weekly basis.  They now have post season experience, and a full season under their collective belt.  We have veteran help returning in pro bowler Leigh Bodden and former all-pro Ty Warren on defense, which should be a huge upgrade.  I would still like to see us draft, or otherwise acquire, another impact DE, and we will need to rebuild the O-Line in the next couple of years (Mankins, Light, Neal, Kopen), but we are in a great position going forward.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gianfran. Show gianfran's posts

In Response to Re: The Dynasty is dead:
    a lot went wrong in the game, but I have never seen brady look like that before.  He looked scared to get hit on several different plays that he would normally take a step up or back in the pocket to buy himself some time, instead he curled his shoulders like manning and waited for the hit to come.  I have never seen Brady do that.  Bottom line the defense didn't play bad, they were put in tough situations by a fake punt etc.  Things are looking good for the future, I thought we were still one year away, but got excited by the 14-2 record.
    Posted by hagen910

Hate to say it, Brady did look like a wuss in that game.  Granted he's not that mobile, but he could have scrambled for some.  Maybe the hate talk from the Jets got into his head and he was afraid that they were out to hurt him.  I've always been afraid that the knee injury would have a lingering psychological effect.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's good copy for the haters to read up on and get hits on the website.

You'd have to be a victim of incest to believe that.

Picks 17, 28 and 33 with this group already established? I love how overachieving, to a very disappointing loss in the playoffs,  somehow equates to long term disaster.

There isn't one NFL team set up better than NE going into next year. They hold all the cards.

That said, the dynasty that had the previous personnel on it really died in 2007 or 2008 when Brady got hurt.  That was it.   At some point all those players who were here had to be replaced and so far, BB's done a very good job of that.

This new chapter just has different names on the jerseys. It's still the same double standard:  1 set of rules for all 31 teams, and one special set of rules/barometers for NE. It's so true.

95% of NFL teams would love to be in NE's position next year.

Look at it this way:

They improved from 2008-- />2009-->2010.

2011?   I expect nothing less than 10+ wins again. And again. And again. And again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

If Steelers win SB, they will be the new dynasty. 3 SB in 5 years. Yuck

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: The Dynasty is dead:
    If Steelers win SB, they will be the new dynasty. 3 SB in 5 years. Yuck
    Posted by Patsfan038

They'll need a lot of luck.  GB is pretty good right now. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

has been since you drafted that lame-O Ellis Hobbs in 05

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts