The Ed Reed Effect

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: The Ed Reed Effect

Ed was done a while back. Too much mileage, too many big hits. As great as he was, his presence on the PATS would have been a downer in may ways. Somebody would have been demoted/released for a guy with a history, not a present day impact. That in itself could throw the leadership balance and secondary's growing chemistry and solid communication out of whack. The PATS have given up just 3 plays of 40+ yards this season despite having injury woes......Very smart move to leave it alone back there with Talib on his way back and Gregory on the mend and returning in the short term.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  If he turns out to be a Ras-I that can't stay on the field it would continue to suck.  Rex's D requires a lot from corners.  Milliner has and will continue to improve.  His footwork was very poor early in the year.  His health will be the determining factor as to how great he'll be.

[/QUOTE]

Considering he was benched for performance I don't think health will be the determining factor. Hey, if it makes you sleep better at night blaming his performance on health... knock yourself out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  If he turns out to be a Ras-I that can't stay on the field it would continue to suck.  Rex's D requires a lot from corners.  Milliner has and will continue to improve.  His footwork was very poor early in the year.  His health will be the determining factor as to how great he'll be.

[/QUOTE]

Considering he was benched for performance I don't think health will be the determining factor. Hey, if it makes you sleep better at night blaming his performance on health... knock yourself out.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think I said that his performance was related to his health.  You should go back and edit your comment so you don't look as foolish.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think I said that his performance was related to his health.  You should go back and edit your comment so you don't look as foolish.

[/QUOTE]

No you didn't but you did say "His health will be the determining factor as to how great he will be."

My response was to that statement...Troll

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ed was done a while back. Too much mileage, too many big hits. As great as he was, his presence on the PATS would have been a downer in may ways. Somebody would have been demoted/released for a guy with a history, not a present day impact. That in itself could throw the leadership balance and secondary's growing chemistry and solid communication out of whack. The PATS have given up just 3 plays of 40+ yards this season despite having injury woes......Very smart move to leave it alone back there with Talib on his way back and Gregory on the mend and returning in the short term.

[/QUOTE]

That's why it's a great signing for the Jets!

[/QUOTE]

YOU KNOW IT MEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

None, Ed Reed was a name, no longer a talent. Think of Jordan on the Wizards, how many chips did they win again?

[/QUOTE]

You mean after he'd been retired for four years and was 38 years old and was expected to put up 30 a game?  Gee, I don't recall.  But good analogy anyway.  It's pretty much the exact same thing.  That is, aside from the age, the sport, the retirement and the role of the player.  

[/QUOTE]

Jordan was done, Reed is done. That's the analogy here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

None, Ed Reed was a name, no longer a talent. Think of Jordan on the Wizards, how many chips did they win again?

[/QUOTE]

You mean after he'd been retired for four years and was 38 years old and was expected to put up 30 a game?  Gee, I don't recall.  But good analogy anyway.  It's pretty much the exact same thing.  That is, aside from the age, the sport, the retirement and the role of the player.  

[/QUOTE]

Jordan was done, Reed is done. That's the analogy here.

[/QUOTE]

Weak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

If the Jets are expecting magic with the signing of Reed good luck--classic case of going to the well once too often--Phat Rex signs everybody trying desperatly to save his own skin--Jets have a chance to be 6th playoff seed, not because of Reed, but because of the abysmal teams they are competing with for the LAST playoff spot and if the Pats are the 3 seed it will most likely be the Jets they will play--PLEASE Pats -- secure the 2nd seed - I am so tired of watching this idiot,(the Phat One),in games!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

So guess we should just cancel rest of season and send Jets the SB trophy......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

We will see what Reed has in the tank soon enough.  Opposing offenses cant run on our defense but they have been able to go vert on occasion.

Millner had his best game as a pro 2 weeks ago against the saints.  Hopefully the bye week helps him, Geno and Winters.  Sheldon didnt need the bye week, total beast on the line.  Also, Couples looks like he is finally settling into his new role.  He missed a few weeks with the fractured ankle and I think that really set him back.

Being able to rush 4 and drop 7 should allow Ed Reed to do what he does best, play center field, even if he has lost a step.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We will see what Reed has in the tank soon enough.  Opposing offenses cant run on our defense but they have been able to go vert on occasion.

Millner had his best game as a pro 2 weeks ago against the saints.  Hopefully the bye week helps him, Geno and Winters.  Sheldon didnt need the bye week, total beast on the line.  Also, Couples looks like he is finally settling into his new role.  He missed a few weeks with the fractured ankle and I think that really set him back.

Being able to rush 4 and drop 7 should allow Ed Reed to do what he does best, play center field, even if he has lost a step.

[/QUOTE]

fascinating analysis....    particularly on a Patriots board.

The likely alternative being Jets just stink like they did against the bengals  49-9.  In which case 5 old Ed Reeds wouldn't make any effect at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Imagine this board if Ed Reed gets burned when he is in the game, his lack of good health becomes apparent, turns out to be a bust and the Jets release him????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You don't play anyone The rest of the season. You could be a paper tiger by seasons end. Wait till someone smacks geno in the mouth and knocks him off his mark all game. Reed won't matter but personally I thought reed had lost a step or 2 last year. Time will tell. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You don't play anyone The rest of the season. You could be a paper tiger by seasons end. Wait till someone smacks geno in the mouth and knocks him off his mark all game. Reed won't matter but personally I thought reed had lost a step or 2 last year. Time will tell. 

[/QUOTE]

He has been smacked plenty.  He holds the ball too long as most rookie QBs do.  The book is out on TB, get around his knees in the pocket.  TB tends to rattle a little when 300lb dudes are by his knees.

Not saying that we are world beaters but it has been a fun season.  Next season should be interesting with $40-52M and a ton of draft picks.  Idzik will have more of an opportunity to reshape the roster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Imagine this board if Ed Reed gets burned when he is in the game, his lack of good health becomes apparent, turns out to be a bust and the Jets release him????

[/QUOTE]

Well..... we're all waiting for him to reveal himself to be an approximation of his former self or an aging player grabbing some easy money on his way to the golf course.

Signing with Jets revealed him to be closer to the latter, IMO.  Jets are going nowhere, no pressure...  Same old coach .  Easy street.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The likely alternative being Jets just stink like they did against the bengals  49-9.  In which case 5 old Ed Reeds wouldn't make any effect at all.

[/QUOTE]

If the Jets stink, how did they beat your amazing pasts?  Oh, yeah, the refs had it in for them. silly me...Hope you enjoyed watching our DL dominate your Oline. That is going to be a fun bunch for years to come. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the Jets stink, how did they beat your amazing pasts?  Oh, yeah, the refs had it in for them. silly me...Hope you enjoyed watching our DL dominate your Oline. That is going to be a fun bunch for years to come. 

[/QUOTE]

Is fireman Ed back yet?  We have a rallyc that's like him    Ours is back how about yours ? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

Well..... we're all waiting for him to reveal himself to be an approximation of his former self or an aging player grabbing some easy money on his way to the golf course.

Signing with Jets revealed him to be closer to the latter, IMO.  Jets are going nowhere, no pressure...  Same old coach .  Easy street.

[/QUOTE]

I am happy Reed didn't come here.  I think his career is finished. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's no IF, dude...  Wakey wakey...  You're in dreamland.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is fireman Ed back yet?  We have a rallyc that's like him    Ours is back how about yours ? 

[/QUOTE]

haha, i saw that.  sadly fireman ed has gone the way of sanchez, never to return...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

haha, i saw that.  sadly fireman ed has gone the way of sanchez, never to return...

[/QUOTE]

Ill bet the guy with nut marks on the back of his head secretly smiles. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ill bet the guy with nut marks on the back of his head secretly smiles. 

[/QUOTE]

thats just wrong lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Jet`s don`t have a QB enough said

Sections
Shortcuts