The Elephant In The Room Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: The Elephant In The Room Part II

Did you know the QB is only one player in an offense of eleven? And that if the other ten play poorly by, oh say, fumbling, not blocking, dropping passes, and running poor routes, there's not much the QB can do about it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I was all for running more against ATL becasue I thought the PAts  could abuse their d line all day. Cinci is a different story. Both sides of the ball Cinci won the push game on the line. When they know it is run then have just a good a chance to stop NE for negative yards as NE has to make a couple. 

This was an example of the strong presure defense that has given the Patriots trouble for years now. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Simpleton. Drops all over the field. Go to sleep son.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rusty, the Pats could have won and you STILL would have pounded on Brady for SOMETHING!  You are never happy about his play.  Amazing how you focus on Brady this and Brady that as the core reasons for the Pats losing SBs and games at every turn.  While others on this board DO recognize it is a TEAM game and other players need to make plays too!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

And another thing...they missed a quicker RB , or even one that can catch a screen in this game

Cinci would have been absolutely abused by Vereen or Ridely.

Also the TE option of Gronk would have forced Cinci to occupy a LB and would have let NE have better run penetration.

Brady looked terrible yes but they never let him get in his groove.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

BB's offense aside from Brady is hard to watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

To not run it 4 times in row from the 1/2 yard line with Hooman and Develin in there was flat out stupid.

Got it dumbkoff. You think BB is stupid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:

Did you know the QB is only one player in an offense of eleven? And that if the other ten play poorly by, oh say, fumbling, not blocking, dropping passes, and running poor routes, there's not much the QB can do about it?

maybe he thinks Brady can throw and catch the ball too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Unfortunately Brady and the receivers decided to have a bad day against a team with a tremedously talented and dominant defensive line.  Which means we couldn't do squat.  Our O line got their teeth kicked in and I don't think running it 4 plays in a row would have helped one bit. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Their best short yardage back was inactive today.  Blount is TERRIBLE in short yardage, and Bolden only marginally better.  Cinci's front 7 is REALLY good, as was evident by their constant pocket collapsing, and in short-yardage situations all day, the O line was getting no push.

If Brady cared about his TD streak, the FIRST play from the 1 would not have been Blount losing a yard by running directly into Solder's backside.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to umichfan's comment:

The elephant in the room.

Pathetic offense, blown up by the defacto GM.

13 drops, fumbles, Brady on his azz all game, RB's suck, overrated O-line exposed.

Need a real GM.  TRUTH!

Well, Kraft didn't look too happy.  Maybe he'll buy us a new one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The whole offense was horrendous. Granted, there are lots of injuries, but the weaknesses in the talent on the field today were glaring.

• Offensive line was bad much of the day; left side early on, then the interior
    • Sorry, but Welker is a better receiver than either Edelman or Amendola
    • The rookie receivers aren't playing well; Thompkins' inability to catct the ball cleanly is something to worry about; Dobson and Boyce remind me of Taylor Price and Brandon Tate types; will they ever make an impact? 
    • Hoomanawanui is a fine third TE; he's not someone you should rely on however
    • Blount and Bodden are so-so backs
    • Develin is workmanlike, but he isn't even close to an impact player
    • Brady looks off, but it's hard to judge given the dismal receiving corp around him

The good news is the defense is better.  They struggled to get stops at times, but they aren't giving up lots of big plays and they come up with good drive-ending plays with much greater frequency than they have the past few years.

On offense, things may pick up when Gronk, Ridley, and Vereen are back.  But we need much more from our wide outs (especially when we use four receiver sets most of the day).

The Kelly injury on top of the Wilfork injury is a major concern.  The lack of experienced depth there may hurt us.

BB is a great coach, but it's hard to win without the talent.  In the recent past, it's been the defense that's lacked talent.  Now we have to worry that as we've rebuilt the defense, we've allowed the offensive talent to has slip away.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

Unfortunately Brady and the receivers decided to have a bad day against a team with a tremedously talented and dominant defensive line.  Which means we couldn't do squat.  Our O line got their teeth kicked in and I don't think running it 4 plays in a row would have helped one bit. 

Doesn't it remind you of the Giants games? O line can't beat good D lines, but now Brady has no Welker, Gronk, or Hern to reliably dump the ball to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

Their best short yardage back was inactive today.  Blount is TERRIBLE in short yardage, and Bolden only marginally better.  Cinci's front 7 is REALLY good, as was evident by their constant pocket collapsing, and in short-yardage situations all day, the O line was getting no push.

If Brady cared about his TD streak, the FIRST play from the 1 would not have been Blount losing a yard by running directly into Solder's backside.

Bolden, Develin FB, Hooman in motion, 4 handoffs to Bolden until you score. Simple.

Bolden is clearly our best short yardage back or Develin himself, for that matter. Ridley is not a great short yardage guy. He isn't.

You cannot deny how bad Brady was today and the concern of him chasing that TD streak, which is why we just lost.

I question why the passing from the 1/2 yard line.  Is it because he wanted to secure the TD streak?

Is it?

As someone else mentioned in a different thread..at least that is over. Don't think he a Bress or MAnning type stat maniac anyway..but the tempation is over. Infact his stats this season are a disaster...only possible redemption is winning a SB and I think having a good defense and a struggling offense is a better starting point than the other way around,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to umichfan's comment:

Then maybe he should have a talk with Gisele.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The whole offense was horrendous. Granted, there are lots of injuries, but the weaknesses in the talent on the field today were glaring.

• Offensive line was bad much of the day; left side early on, then the interior
    • Sorry, but Welker is a better receiver than either Edelman or Amendola
    • The rookie receivers aren't playing well; Thompkins' inability to catct the ball cleanly is something to worry about; Dobson and Boyce remind me of Taylor Price and Brandon Tate types; will they ever make an impact? 
    • Hoomanawanui is a fine third TE; he's not someone you should rely on however
    • Blount and Bodden are so-so backs
    • Develin is workmanlike, but he isn't even close to an impact player
    • Brady looks off, but it's hard to judge given the dismal receiving corp around him

The good news is the defense is better.  They struggled to get stops at times, but they aren't giving up lots of big plays and they come up with good drive-ending plays with much greater frequency than they have the past few years.

On offense, things may pick up when Gronk, Ridley, and Vereen are back.  But we need much more from our wide outs (especially when we use four receiver sets most of the day).

The Kelly injury on top of the Wilfork injury is a major concern.  The lack of experienced depth there may hurt us.

BB is a great coach, but it's hard to win without the talent.  In the recent past, it's been the defense that's lacked talent.  Now we have to worry that as we've rebuilt the defense, we've allowed the offensive talent to has slip away.  

I disagree on many counts:

The O Line was poor on the first 2 drives. No doubt.  From there on out, they were fine.  Once we stopped running it in the 3rd, we really started being predictable.

Next, I really like how Vellano and Jones look so far. I am hoping Kelly's knee is a sprain only. It would lead one to believe that is what it is.

Rest him and hopefully Armstead can start practicing after next week. He's been really good so far, so yes, if he's hurt or lost for a while, we are in trouble there.

However, I don't see how any of this ties to my thread title. It almost appears like you are trying to deflect.

You have to be fair here:

Tom Brady was awful in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th qtrs.  Show me a QB who can be poor

1/12 on 3rd down? I realize they had some drops in the 4th in a monsoon, but some of his throws in that monsoon weren't remotely catchable. 1 to Edelman over the middle, one to THompkins on the sideline and the last one like he didn't even care.

Why are we ignoring why we threw it from the 1/2 yard line?  I also disagree with using Blount as a power back, which is not on Brady there.

Bolden is our best short yardage back and Develin, for that matter. That should be the goal line package even with a healthy Ridley.

We gitfted this game away on a platter with atrocious offensive execution by the QB, to some degree the WRs, but then I think of all the bailing out those WRs did for Brady and I have a hard time putting more on a drop, than the Brady wildly passing to WIDE OPEN WRs.

If that throw to a WIDE OPEN AMENDOLA is just a bit better, andhe doesn't have to make a circus catch, HE WALKS INTO THE END ZONE.

Brady had an earlier one to Hooman, again, RIGHT ACROSS THE MIDDLE LIKE DOBSON IN WEEK 2, where he threw behind the receiver.

He's throwing late, innacurately and he still has weak trajectory problems.  It's the freaking truth, dude.

Stop trying to deflect!  I have been on this for years now, been banned 20 something times for being nothing more than an honest fan, concerned about why he is doing this.

Don't use the bad O Line early in the game to explain why when he has all day, that he misses wide open WRs or TEs.

It's like when the WRs or TE does not bail him out with a circus catch, people acall it a "drop".

LMAO

Please stop it.  

And, this goes back to the Ocho thing, too.  He was a scapegoat.   

O line sucked all day.  ALL DAY!

13 dropped passes, fumbles, receivers running wrong routes, RB's suck.

Thank F you BB.

All I want for X-mas is a new GM, a new GM, a new GM......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Bolden, Develin FB, Hooman in motion, 4 handoffs to Bolden until you score. Simple.

Hard to pull that off when you O-line is getting owned nincompoop.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

O line sucked all day.  ALL DAY!

13 dropped passes, fumbles, receivers running wrong routes, RB's suck.

Thank F you BB.

All I want for X-mas is a new GM, a new GM, a new GM......

LMAO, So TRUE.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You can bash me, mock me and try to ban me,

We will.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

It is a bit embarrassing to see one of the greatest coaches ever build an offense like the Patriots currently have.  Especially when you look around the league and see so many more offensive weapons on other teams.  That has to cause concern.  Bill has some answering to do, that is for sure.  

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The D will be #1 in this league when our offense helps them out.  What games do you people watch?

Seattle just allowed 34 points away from their cushy fake loud fan stadium in Seattle.

As if our D couldn't benefit from a better offense?

BB blew up the good O.  Remember?

Thank F you BB

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB's D is flipping awesome and fun to watch, arguably the best in the NFL allowing so few points every week, regardles of the quality of the offense they're facing.

What was the quality of the offenses they have faced before today dumbkoff?

20th, 29th, 31st and 14th. And they allowed a very less than elite 23 to the one rated 14th.

You're an imbecile.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Encinitas' comment:

In response to agill1970's comment:

Dude, Johnson was out. He's a very good DE.  Leon Hall was out. I think Kirkpatrick was out.

Cincy's D is good, came to play, but they are not that good.  Don't make excuses.

Like you did for Arrington on another thread?  Idiocracy in action.

What?

Congrats on being a BBW troll like TTroll and that ilk.Congrats.

Brady could throw 5 INTs and you'd call his play good. Wake up, Brady Apologist dork.  If you want to have his baby, do it somewhere else and let the real fans discuss the reality here.

"The offense should take the D out for dinner because the offense has done absolutely NOTHING today."  - Scott Zolak

And BB should be on his knees (in place of Giselle) apologizing for the crap he put on his plate.

Thank F YOU BB!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

Bolden is clearly our best short yardage back or Develin himself, for that matter. Ridley is not a great short yardage guy. He isn't.

You cannot deny how bad Brady was today and the concern of him chasing that TD streak, which is why we just lost.

I question why the passing from the 1/2 yard line.  Is it because he wanted to secure the TD streak?

Is it?

Read your post over again...Bolden, Develin FB, Hooman! LOL! Those are the players Belichick surrounded our hall of fame quarterback with! Wow, just wow. I imagine he was too busy building our defensive line to notice...well we all know how that's working out. Hey I hear they are opening up defensive tackle try outs to CVS employees...now is your chance old chum:) 

Sections
Shortcuts