The ELITES have surpassed Belichick the GM...Could it be that the LEAGUE is simply catching up to the PATS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: The ELITES have surpassed Belichick...Could it be that the LEAGUE is simply catching up to the PATS?

In Response to Re: The ELITES have surpassed Belichick...Could it be that the LEAGUE is simply catching up to the PATS?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The ELITES have surpassed Belichick...Could it be that the LEAGUE is simply catching up to the PATS? : in bel the coach i still TRUST. in bel the GM, i have major beef with. our personnel simply do not have the talent. he put them together. he is the one who outbid HIMSELF for the likes of shawn springs, joey galloway and derrick burgess. even with AD, he is the one who chose to ignore from where he came as he fell in lust with him (ravens) and the toxic Miami hurrricane type culture that it was led by (RAY LEWIS, ED REED...yep, rex ryan too). our defense has the LEAST sacks in 17 years of any other patriot team. this is the least productive unit in belichick's entire coaching tenure! that cant be ignored esp when we look at what happened last year and the previous one, and how 2006 ended.. this is a TREND! i hope this represents a bottom of the trend from which bel can start rising from next year and not a beginning of a bigger free fall! no excuses, we stink! optimistic with bel the coach, pessimistic with bel the GM... stop peeing on my head and telling me its RAINING! every move he makes now, i get more perplexed and start quivering as i wonder how much further back it is going to regress us. his drafts, trades (of late, minus moss and welk) mostly stink in comparison to his peers like the freakin COLTS or SAINTS! 
    Posted by bubbazilla[/QUOTE]
    Yeah he only went 16-0 one time!  And sure he won 3 SB's but but anybody can do that look at how good the Colts and Saints are at winning SB's.  Obviously he has no idea what he is doing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Re: The ELITES have surpassed Belichick the GM...Could it be that the LEAGUE is simply catching up to the PATS?

In Response to The ELITES have surpassed Belichick the GM...Could it be that the LEAGUE is simply catching up to the PATS?:
    [QUOTE]as they say, the other teams get paid too. we seemed to think that if brady and BB just showed up, it would all be gravy. look at how a peyton coaches.. used to be ONLY bel had the guts to do such things like go for it in crucial 4th downs, come up with creative offensive schemes, or get guys immediately off the street to come in and produce on defense. others are also on the imitation bandwagon. same with the draft. others too look for bargains and beat us to the punch on things. also with so many ex-pat coaches and managemt guys around the league, they are increasingly beatg us to the punch on hi-value type guys. we are no longer that hungry or the udogs. other guys are much hungrier and with more desire to prove stuff. we have gotten a bit fat, arrogant and complacent. cant seem to make adjustments or to adapt to others. seem to think its just all about us. just play our game.. wrong! as others change, we must too at times. used to be we had a monopoly on young hungry and productive coaches ahead of the curve. we no longer have that edge. dean pees has to go! used to be we would just eat guys like oakland for lunch on trades... yet the burgess deals just stink. same with findg thrash heap free agents as we did with vrabel. now, look at us.. galloway and springs are total busts that cost us a lotta $$. we still do a lot of the same stuff, it just doesnt work or surprise anymore. it used to be bel would outscheme, outintimidate and outthink eveyone, now no one is shaking and seem to look forward to rubbing it in with him. they are now playing chess, as we play checkers. they are on to the next big things while we are still cruising around with our model Ts, talking about how great we USED to be. we better wake up and join the present while getting a jump on the FUTURE AGAIN! bottom line, i still hope this team can sneak into the playoffs and make a run. realistically, i think they have to lose again so that belichik can see the light as he did after 06 when it he was slapped in face about our mediocre WRs. the problem isnt just personnel and talent but more fundamentally with schemes and philosophy. much harder to change that in mid-season. old belichick aint walkg through that door. he's now like the 5th best coach. used to be peerless. brady is now like the 7th best QB, used to be he also had no peer. likewise with moss at WR. we need a major roster makeover and assistant coaches' turnover. must consider tradg  brady and other type guys in off-season also. time to end the seau comebacks next year also. we may have to just blow it all up and reload with better approach and schemes!
    Posted by bubbazilla[/QUOTE]

Its pretty easy.........we have been on top for a while. You can't be there all the time. We are reloading the team for the future. Do you expect BB to announce this to the press. Its IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE THE TURNOVER WE HAVE HAD AND NOT HAVE A DROPOFF................EVERYTHINGS ENDS OTHERWISE IT WOULDN;T START..........ITS CALLED REALITY!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: The ELITES have surpassed Belichick the GM...Could it be that the LEAGUE is simply catching up to the PATS?

Have the other teams caught up or have we dropped down to their level? We lost a lot of personnel the past few years, players, coaches and front office people. We are rebuilding but we still have enough left to compete. As for our last three losses, we lost to two undefeated teams and we always have trouble in Miami. (Tom Brady is 0-2 in Miami in December.) We will make the playoffs and we will compete. There are not many teams better than us. With a little luck and if the team can find their fire again we will be there (Super Bowl?) again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It takes awhile to rebuild and without Tedy, Big Willie, Rapping Rodney, Ty Law and Seymour it expect it could take at least two years, maybe three. You just don't replace great players overnight with one great draft and a few free agent signings. Burgess and Thomas have been busts when compared to how well Mc Ginnest played OLB/DE for the Pats. I like Bodden, but I'll be the first to tell you he is not as good as Law was in his prime. We have good young talent (Pryor, Butler, Chung and Vollmer) but it takes some time for that talent to be fully realised on the playing field. The difference between the Pats rebuilding and other teams rebuilding is when we rebuild we expect to win the division and have a playoff run; when most other teams rebuild they finish out of the playoffs and end up with quality high draft pick. The Patriots are usually drafting from a mid-twenties to low-thirties position making it more difficult to draft an impact player, yet, they were still able to grab a probowl caliber guard and defensive tackle. The draft is ,at best, a crapshot and if the Pats drafted from the same position as the drafted Mayo we would have a shot at more impact players; that is not how the system is rigged in the NFL; bad teams usually get the best draft positions to enlist quality players. The expectations for the Patriots organization are higher than most franchises, even when they're clearly in a transition phase on defense.

It makes no sense to judge a coach based solely on one mediocre season. And Belichick has had only one season as GM. He drafted potential starters in Chung, Butler and Vollmer and quality role players in Brace, Pryor, and Tate. That`s one draft ! Belichick has a first and three 2nds next year and, from a draft standpoint, has put his team in a position to get more quality players. This is what great franchises do. If people want jump off the bandwagon or constantly insist that the sky really is falling then they can feel free to do so. I, for one, am in it for the long haul.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Pointing out areas of weakness in the Pats is not being negative.  It is simply being realistic.  You can ignore them and say "in BB we trust" or "Brady is having a fantastic year and we will win another super bowl", but is that reality?  The Pats are not having a great year, and having lost 3 of the last 4, and 2 of them at the end of games that they always usually won, points out that there are problems somewhere.   It is sad to think that the Pats have to win all their remaining games just to do as well as the Matt Cassell led Pats did last year.  Didn't we all expect so much more with Brady back?  There have to be reasons for this season.  Is in managements and BB's decisions around player cuts, is it the players skills diminishing, is it the new younger defense without Bruschi, Harrisoon, Vrabel and Seymour?  There is a reason the Pats are mediocre this year, not one of the elite, and no longer a team feared, especially in the 4th quarter.  I mean, to lose as they did in Indy and Miami....would not happen to the true "dynasty" team we had.  It has been half a decade since the Pats hoisted the SB championship.  Is this negative, or just being truthful?  If you want to be an ostrich, stick your head in the sand and come out in February, hoping the Pats are SB champs again. That would be great, but as of this moment, it ain't gonna happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

In Response to Re: The ELITES have surpassed Belichick the GM...Could it be that the LEAGUE is simply catching up to the PATS?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The ELITES have surpassed Belichick the GM...Could it be that the LEAGUE is simply catching up to the PATS? : Its pretty easy.........we have been on top for a while. You can't be there all the time. We are reloading the team for the future. Do you expect BB to announce this to the press. Its IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE THE TURNOVER WE HAVE HAD AND NOT HAVE A DROPOFF................EVERYTHINGS ENDS OTHERWISE IT WOULDN;T START..........ITS CALLED REALITY!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]sure genius. when u, me and all the experts were pickg them to be the SB rings, we clearly werent using rebuildg term. face it, accept it... we just stink, have underachieved, lets hope we reload by end of next year or by playoffs. rebuildg with a tom brady and moss is just dumb... u have a small window!

Sections
Shortcuts