The Elway Path - Brady Must Take It!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

The Elway Path - Brady Must Take It!!

John Elway - great QB by all means 
    Had Always Had A great arsenal of weapons in his early years
    and great arm ,, but sometime had bad decision's .

But at the age 37 and 38 he won the superbowl and why ??
    Running Game - Clock Control -Stout Defense  !!

brady turning 35 at his age is much better passer than Elway was 
    as strong in body and mentality his TD jump over the ravens reminds me 
    of Elways Helicopter in the SB.

We have to go the Elways path , we dontt have a Rod Smith or vEd Mcafreey
    we have much better players on offense .
    as much as i didn't agree with rusty mosty of the year the last SB 
    was mind bogling 
    we need to run the ball more , more Clock Control.
    Less pressure on Brady 
    and number one get better defense ,

Brady can Go the same route of elway.
    1.Make Better Decision's.
    2. Run And Take Hits when Wr is open Dont force the issue.
    3. Clock Control.
    4. Reduce Pressure

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: The Elway Path - Brady Must Take It!!

In Response to The Elway Path - Brady Must Take It!!:
    John Elway - great QB by all means  Had Always Had A great arsenal of weapons in his early years and great arm ,, but sometime had bad decision's . But at the age 37 and 38 he won the superbowl and why ?? Running Game - Clock Control -Stout Defense  !! brady turning 35 at his age is much better passer than Elway was  as strong in body and mentality his TD jump over the ravens reminds me  of Elways Helicopter in the SB. We have to go the Elways path , we dontt have a Rod Smith or vEd Mcafreey we have much better players on offense . as much as i didn't agree with rusty mosty of the year the last SB  was mind bogling  we need to run the ball more , more Clock Control. Less pressure on Brady  and number one get better defense , Brady can Go the same route of elway. 1.Make Better Decision's. 2. Run And Take Hits when Wr is open Do0nt force the issue. 3. Clock Control. 4. Reduce Pressure
    Posted by yakv

Don't you think these are things that the Pats have been trying to do? Drafted an OLineman and 2 rbs the past draft.
    Drafted 2 TEs the last draft, which equate to more short and precise routes, as opposed to the long bombs in the Randy Moss era

Frankly, if the rbs showed they can carry more of a load in practice, I think BB would be more than happy to become a run oriented team.

He's utulizing his best players...and right now, its those two TEs. If Ridley or Vereen show that they can be difference makers running the ball, I think BB will start giving them the ball more

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

also, BB is rebuilding the defense. he needs players to fit with the rest of the players from this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

On Brady part  I look at decision making if 
    nobody is open just run or slide get 5 yards that's enough ,
    forcing the ball sometime isn't good like the gronk int ,
    if no one is open run with ball .

Not enough clock control no huddle is great for some situations
    but even the great no huddle bills fall short in SB .
    Run The Ball More eat the clock let the other out defense 
    get gushed 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: The Elway Path - Brady Must Take It!!:
    also, BB is rebuilding the defense. he needs players to fit with the rest of the players from this season.
    Posted by Cloudyandrain

He's been rebuilding the defense since '09. That excuse shouldn't apply anymore. 3 Draft/FA periods should be enough time to rebuild a defense.

He needs to start hitting more on those defensive picks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

The Defense Rebuilding Since 09 wouldn't go any where 
    if you continue to trade down .

Draft talent no crabel , McKenzie , butlers
    Cunningham , brace , wheatly ,wilhite

draft real talent please 
    and develop a down field WR .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

I still Think Brady Has 5 more years 
    we got to take advantage of one of the greatest QB ever 
    give him the tool to succeed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

They do need to develop a better ground game. The big problem is the O-line is built to pass protect. As well they should with Brady having all those targets. They really use that short passing game in lieu of the run, and even in no huddle they let the clock run pretty well. The weak spot in that is an incompletion. I think if Ridley can learn to hold onto the ball they could see an improved running game next season. I'd still keep BJGE around, though! A big physical WR would help as well, drawing off the safeties and opening up more running room. No defense fears Branch enough to double him. 

When Elway first got Denver to the SB they had a great defense. Not until they had a balanced offense did they win it. This team has won it with the strong defense and adequate offense. They win in the regular season by outscoring people, that doesn't work in the postseason. Even the Saints and Packers needed the D to get a takeaway to seal their big game wins. The inability to recover those Giants fumbles really hurt them Sunday. The 03-04 teams would have made those, it was a key in all three SB wins. Brady is doing Elway in reverse. Until they start disrupting opposing offenses it's unlikely they'll get another Lombardi. As much as the NFL is turning into a shootout league, you still need a defense to make a difference on the big stage!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Even in A shootout league defenses like The Texans and 49
    can make a great impact .

defense - is must fix even greater than offense 
    even with good offense not great ,
    and good defense 
    you can make much bigger impact .

brady is much better than elway at same road point but the pieces are missing 
    BIG WR on offense dominant run game .
    and a good defense that can bail you out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Ridley - Active And No Carries At all .

why the hell did we use woodhead up the middle.
    sometime's OB play Calling is so predictable 
    Need Change Up Speed 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Yakv...  this is mind blowing...  The Pats probably never thought this is possible!  You better march on over to the Razor and speak to BB right now.  BRILLIANT!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

I Hope This year kraft can send BB and TB To Jerusalem 
    So that the SPirit Of Myra And The west wall 
    can help them get another SB ring .

and there  i will tell BB it in person 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to The Elway Path - Brady Must Take It!!:
    John Elway - great QB by all means  Had Always Had A great arsenal of weapons in his early years and great arm ,, but sometime had bad decision's . But at the age 37 and 38 he won the superbowl and why ?? Running Game - Clock Control -Stout Defense  !! brady turning 35 at his age is much better passer than Elway was  as strong in body and mentality his TD jump over the ravens reminds me  of Elways Helicopter in the SB. We have to go the Elways path , we dontt have a Rod Smith or vEd Mcafreey we have much better players on offense . as much as i didn't agree with rusty mosty of the year the last SB  was mind bogling  we need to run the ball more , more Clock Control. Less pressure on Brady  and number one get better defense , Brady can Go the same route of elway. 1.Make Better Decision's. 2. Run And Take Hits when Wr is open Dont force the issue. 3. Clock Control. 4. Reduce Pressure
    Posted by yakv

You want Brady at 34-35 years of age to run and take hits when his recievers are not open !! If Brady takes your approach he'll be retiring early from injuries. The answer is more simple, if recievers are not open, throw the ball away whenever possible. Brady like any QB takes enough hits already. Secondly Brady is and never was much of a runner. Yes he'll throw his body into the line occasionally if a short yardage situation comes up like a third and one, but Brady is not a scrambler and doesn't need to be exposed to needless hit. 

Hetchinspete. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

Remember the Vinatieri to Vrabel TD pass yrs ago? The Pats today have a predictable vanilla O, basically throw to the 2 TE's and Welker w/the occassional run. Teams will devise a D for the Pats 2 TE's, nothing works forever in the NFL.  The Pats are in deep kimchi if Welker bolts. Give Brady quality WR threats like the Saints, Packers and Giants have, then you can pencil in SB win #4. Until BB gets over his mistrust for WR's, we'll all be on this board same time next yr lamenting the fact that the Pats were defeated by the Ravens or whoever in the AFC championship gm or they lost the SB again due to the dearth of talent at WR. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Hopefully Tom stays for a few more years. He is a joy to watch, masterful at being in sync with his team

Look for a entirely style of play out of the running game next year. Ridley will emerge as a consistent 1K running back and Vereen will become an extrodinary thrid down option. Look for these two young backs to add to our offense next year like our two young TE did this year. 

Pats will add a tall fast split end via the draft, and a couple of DB's. 

Next year will be better than this year     

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I'd like to see us get Mario Williams.  He is scheme diverse, can play inside in a 43 or outside in a 34.  He would be a much safer bet than Haynesworth.  Let's start there.  We should be able to land a F/A DB too.  The Niners have two set to become URFAs and can only tag one of them.  The draft is pretty deep in rush 34 OLBs so we should be able to land one within our first 3 picks.  One of our top 3 should go fora stud WR.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady doesn't need to take any other path than the one he has been on. That path is leading to the greatest QB of all-time. How about giving him a D that can get a stop in the endgame.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Then they must need an 85 Bears defense to win because this pass happy offense can't put up many points in big games against good teams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: The Elway Path - Brady Must Take It!!:
    Then they must need an 85 Bears defense to win because this pass happy offense can't put up many points in big games against good teams.
    Posted by sporter81

They don't need the 85 Brears D. They just need a D that can get the stop when the game is on the line. Potentially we would have 3 more SB wins if that were the case.

Against good teams you are trying to put yourself in "a position to win". We have had that and the D has failed every time.

Brady has always delivered in those situations.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

wes dropped the ball

I love the guy, but really do we pay him like a # 1. A larry Fitzgerald type?

Larry makes that catch. We've seen him on the big stage.

Something just dont sit right with me. He got into twitter mesing with Ocho and dropped off in production, sported that stupid mustache....let him go!

As far as the run game. I think we all know this. Rusty is not a genius for pointing it out, just a fool for saying it over and over like B.B. is listening.

I think its talent. Sure we got Ridley and Vareen, but we didnt run THAT much more this year. So did he draft them for nothing, or could it be that arent that great?

Get a Stud back in here, you will see the carries go up, til then, its an exercise in futility or whatever they say...

Sections
Shortcuts