The Excitement Of The NFL Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

The Excitement Of The NFL Draft

if you guys are like me,then i know everyone here is stoked come draft day.we all look to see our team draft the guys we want,or the guys who are on top of the draft charts,or the possible trade for a star player.but i can remember a few years back,when the pats drafted mankins,and a few others who we never heard of.or were they even in the draft charts.I was so upset the way that draft turned out.sure today mankins turned out pretty good.im just worried with all these picks the pats have,and very little cap room.this could be a year like the mankins type player getting drafted,and many draft picks getting traded for the following year.it really stinks when your glued in front of the tv all day,for two days,and everything you hoped for dosent happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: The Excitement Of The NFL Draft

mosseffect43:I'm so stoked it's not funny!! I'll be watching from 11am on NFL.com,I'm going to start a thread at 4pm for those who just want to shoot the breeze during the early part of the first round.Yeah it does stinks to sit in front of the TV for 2 days but after driving long haul trucks for the last 20 yrs and not being able to catch any of the drafts live I'm looking forward to the event. I like many of the diseased fans of New England have my own wish list of players whom I'd like to see wearing the Flying Elvis at the Razor next year!!!From what I understand as far as Cap space is concerned they have about 4mil available so that should be enough to draft all the picks they have simply because you know that they are not all going to make the team,however I do realize its not in BB's make up to spend all his draft picks in the same draft,so I do expect trades to happen!!For some reason I think the most logical trading partner for the Patriots is the Detroit Lions and I'm thinking they are going to trade the #23 to them for the Lions 2nd round pick and 3rd round pick as well as their 1rst round pick next year.I know it sounds like a lot of additional picks acquired but I think thats just the beginning of the Wheeling and Dealing that will be done by the Patriots,I think they will try and pry some player from another team maybe like a Sheldon Brown but I could also see them standing Pat also!! This is better than watching a good chess match! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

I can't tell you how many drafts Iv'e screamed at the tv because they took guys I didn't think they should have, or not taken guys I think the should have......But I'll still Love the draft and will always watch, becuase of the excitement value you mentioned. One of the few things on espn that they hype that actually lives up to the hype.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea that is the worst, you spend all day waiting for them to pick and then they trade the pick away. But we cant pay 11 rookies nor would 11 rookies even make the team so they have to trade picks this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It truly is frustrating when they do that! I can remember trying to stay awake to see who they pick in the later rounds only to hear they've traded (and I could've been getting some shuteye). I also expect them to move at least three of their picks, as 11 is far too many rookies to take to camp (at least for NE). The big speculation is a trade for Peppers, but I cannot see how they can work that into the cap if they have to have the $16 mil in room to sign him. Well, only three more days to wait! I don't doubt they'll get some good prospects, though. With five picks in the top 100 they are in excellent position to do whatever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Mossman:  Draft day is like my new Christmas morning!  I look forward to it all year long!  Can't wait to fire up the grill and make a day of it!

I just read archived mock drafts on www.cnnsi.com . They have the 2001 draft which had us projected to draft David Terrell.  I remember being jealous of the Jets having Keshawn Johnson and wished Bledsoe had a player to throw to like that.  I was violent after they passed on him and picked up Richard Seymore! 

It's amazing all the names in the top 10 in the 2001 archived mock draft that aren't even playing in the NFL now.  When they were playing they weren't very good!

Just goes to show how unpredictable this stuff all is.  This time last year, Gholston was the next Lawsrence Taylor.  I'll take Mayo thank you!

Enjoy the day!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I can't remember any one particular draft choice,but what irritates me no end is when you are sitting there on day 2 and just before your pick the guy you think the Patriots have targeted gets snagged by some useless twit on  another team because his grand daughter likes the guys name..irks me no end...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I almost treat it as the SB.i cookout,and prepare what food,snacks,and drinks.and im glued on the tv.if its a good year,i even watch the re-runs to savor it.I know they wont use all 11 picks in the draft,but im just hopeing some stellar names come-out of it.not ones ive never heard of.sure they could end up being something,but its gratifying knowing it was a great draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Mossman:  Draft day is like my new Christmas morning!  I look forward to it all year long!  Can't wait to fire up the grill and make a day of it!   I just read archived mock drafts on www.cnnsi.com . They have the 2001 draft which had us projected to draft David Terrell.  I remember being jealous of the Jets having Keshawn Johnson and wished Bledsoe had a player to throw to like that.  I was violent after they passed on him and picked up Richard Seymore!    It's amazing all the names in the top 10 in the 2001 archived mock draft that aren't even playing in the NFL now.  When they were playing they weren't very good!   Just goes to show how unpredictable this stuff all is.  This time last year, Gholston was the next Lawsrence Taylor.  I'll take Mayo thank you! Enjoy the day!
    Posted by deluxbury
    deluxe-im the same way.its a fest-here on draft week-end.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

if you guys are like me,then i know everyone here is stoked come draft day.we all look to see our team draft the guys we want,or the guys who are on top of the draft charts,or the possible trade for a star player.but i can remember a few years back,when the pats drafted mankins,and a few others who we never heard of.or were they even in the draft charts.I was so upset the way that draft turned out.sure today mankins turned out pretty good.im just worried with all these picks the pats have,and very little cap room.this could be a year like the mankins type player getting drafted,and many draft picks getting traded for the following year.it really stinks when your glued in front of the tv all day,for two days,and everything you hoped for dosent happen.
    Posted by mosseffect43

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/22/a-look-at-pre-draft-cap-room/
    here is what they are saying about the draft,and cap room.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I'm just glad that we're now in a period where we're contending for a Super Bowl every year so we're usually way down in the draft order and aren't involved in the controversies of losers who have to figure out what to do with the number one pick. No way of knowing who we'll get but I'm sure Bill will do the right thing.
    Go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankdawop. Show frankdawop's posts

I'm so excited I cant get my pants on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This should be fun to watch. Ne has tremedous flexibility to move up and down the draft. By beer # 8 I could be jumping off the Marshall stacks to Van Halen. I could see NE making some moves to alter the picks they have. BB will alter the # picks. Time put the propane in BBQ and let the fun begin anew.

M

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree guys, i am having a draft day get together at my place as well. fire up the grill get some cold beers and watch hours and hours football. I just hope we dont trade away a pick when there is a good player sitting there. Like if we had a shot at Patrick Chung and then traded the pick away i would be like noooooo!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I agree mvp-im cheering,or cussing as if it was the superbowl.I know the pats know what there doing.its just exciteing to see players that are on top of the draft charts,or have been talked good about land with the pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE] I just read archived mock drafts on www.cnnsi.com . They have the 2001 draft which had us projected to draft David Terrell.  I remember being jealous of the Jets having Keshawn Johnson and wished Bledsoe had a player to throw to like that.  I was violent after they passed on him and picked up Richard Seymore!   This time last year, Gholston was the next Lawsrence Taylor.  I'll take Mayo thank you! Enjoy the day!
    Posted by deluxbur

Its very cool to go back and see all the players teams missd on. Ray Lewis going late in the first round? We could have had Ed Reed one year. Great pic with Seymore over David Terrell. Mayo last year caught me and most off guard. Great pick by BB and SP. I love watching the best availbale and trying to map out the draft.

My surprise pick - Robert Ayers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I agree mvp-im cheering,or cussing as if it was the superbowl.I know the pats know what there doing.its just exciteing to see players that are on top of the draft charts,or have been talked good about land with the pats.
    Posted by mosseffect43

http://www.eagletribune.com/pusports/local_story_114010108.html

I like this guys way of thinking.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I think we all have our 'ideal' scenario in our minds and guys we'd like to see the Pats draft.  When that scenario doesn't play out, we get upset and curse to anyone that will listen.  I remember the 2003 draft getting jacked and pumped about the possibility of the Pats trading up to take Dewayne Robertson.  When they took Warren with the 'Bledsoe' pick and then traded their own 1st rounder to Baltimore, I was pissed off.  I was like "Warren??  He's like the 5th or 6th rated DT...why didn't we get a better player for Bledsoe?"  Turns out that Warren became the best 3-4 DE in the league, E. Wilson had a very good first couple years with the Pats and they also took Samuel in the 4th and Koppen in the 5th.  All in all, perhaps one of Belichick's best drafts.  So I guess the point of all this is that you need to have patience, an open mind, and the ability to look ahead at how these guys would fit into the team's future. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

The draft is the most fun you can  have in April! We all have our own 'wish lists'; i'm hoping to see larry english and the butler kid from uconn as our first two picks, unless a top rated OT or DL falls big time. I'll be holding my breath as each team between 10-22 picks, to see they're not taking someone I want!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Ribs are already marinating! At 11am ESPN time its on!! I will switch back and forth between the Sox,Celtics and Patriots...I've got 2 TV's running in the front room just for the occassion.One will be exclusively Patriots!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

there are a lot of smoke screens going.from tradeing up.to tradeing down.im getting all my things for my cook-out ready,and im watching the sports channels trying to get any inside possibilitys i can.i hate it not knowing what the pats will do,but this is what makes it fun.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

This is almost as exciting as sitting in on a meeting of website administrators as they decide what is and what isn't offensive to various ethnic, religious and political groups, thereby offending 99% of the population.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

well it wasnt a bad first day,but could have been better.we still need some pass rushers.what a long day it was.i hope it gets more exciteing today.

Sections
Shortcuts