The fall from an ant sized cliff:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

The fall from an ant sized cliff:

It has begun.  Before they could win, they lost in an even worse fashion. Today, they have figured out why.  Sign this guy for another hundred years, Jesters, please.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234896

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: The fall from an ant sized cliff:

In Response to The fall from an ant sized cliff::
    [QUOTE]It has begun.  Before they could win, they lost in an even worse fashion. Today, they have figured out why.  Sign this guy for another hundred years, Jesters, please.   http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234896
    Posted by Phillipston[/QUOTE]
    What a riot ! Man, those folks are tweaking :
    "Instead we get this fat ****ing blowhard riling up every team who plays us like its the God damn Superbowl. He talks trash like we are a dynansty that has won 2 Superbowls the past 2 years...problem is...WE ARENT !!!! What good it is to talk **** like you are a dynsaty and get every team so sky high that they give you their best......Rex has brought some passion for our team, but his blowhard act is getting old. He is losing credibility every week. He is becoming a fraud."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

LMF AO You have to love it. The jets are such frauds its not even funny. They lie to themselves and make themselves believe that Rex is a great coach , That The Sancheezey is a good QB etc. Deep down their so insecure and uncomfortable about both. They lose a few games and they want to trade for Hillis , MJD and Brees , LMF AO! I really am LOL hearing the chit that comes out of their mouths. This week is a huge game though , we cant overlook them. If we win and Buffalo loses , were back on top and Buffalo goes to Giants week after. I keep saying don't ignore the obvious with them. Take Keller out of the game , period. Put Chung on him , with help if needed. If we can stop the running game , which hasn't been working at all for them. I think we see 1-2 picks from The Sancheezey. The guy is all screens , seems to Keller and slants to Homes. Their defense cant stop the run right now. I expect to see more of Ridley in this game. Theres no reason not to use him. I'm hoping to see 10-15 touches from him here on out. Im expecting to see a lot of Gronk in this also. I think we cant exploit their backers and S's in coverage. At the end of the day I think our O-Line wins this game for us. The jets D-Line has been getting pushed around all year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

or this...

watching Rex Ryan turn into Herman Edwards right before his very eyes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

If Bodden and Dowling are good to go this week, I think I woudl stick Bodden on Keller, Dowling on Buress and McCourty on Holmes. Use Chung to blitz like mad and play more in the box to sniff out the screen / dump offs to LT, etc. In essence, use him more like a rover inside the box.
    Chung's okay in pass coverage, but I think Bodden is better, and Bodden has the size to stick with Keller.

The Defensive gameplan is simple really. Limit/stop the Jets run, contain Keller and Holmes and pressure Sancheeze where we can. They secures us a win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Fans are fickle.  Until they lost two in a row, YETS fans saw Rex as the second coming of Weeb Ewbank, their only coach to win a Super Bowl.  Now that they've lost two, many YETS fans are seeing Rex as another coaching bust.  They loved the trash talking last year, now they don't.  Fans are fickle creatures, giving love when they are fed victory and giving hate when they aren't.

Here's another fan thing they've engaged in lately.  They think the return of Mangold solves all their issues.  He won't.  His return does shore up the O-line communication but much of the issues with that line have to do with the other personnel as well as a lack of depth but Mangold will be the savior who allows them to beat us.  It will take more than that for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Much of what Dessalines says is true, and it's particularly valid with fanbases that are only newly acquainted with winning. Go ahead and give Ryan credit for fashioning his team to compete directly with their arch rival, and also for getting New Jersey up for those games. Naturally, fans inured to consistent mediocrity saw this as a reason to puff out their chests in their particular New Jersey fashion. That's what fans do. But sustained excellence is another matter entirely, and now that some cracks are beginning to show and the prospect of going back where they came from becomes all to real in Jests fans' mind, the vitriol is turning -- as you might expect -- to the easiest available (and the fattest) target.

We see the same thing in microcosm right here on this board every time the Pats don't win the Super Bowl. Granted, it's a marginal subset of the fanbase, but there is a certain kind of fan who jumps on when the cotton is high, and believes it is "epic failure" (you know who you are) whenever the Pats do anything less than hoist the Lombardi.

It is the nature of fanaticism (which is where the word "fan" comes from) to be . . .  and I hate to use this word because Rusty wears it out name-calling anyone and everyone who disagrees with him . . .  but it is truly the nature of fanaticism to be irrational.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: The fall from an ant sized cliff::
    [QUOTE]If Bodden and Dowling are good to go this week, I think I woudl stick Bodden on Keller, Dowling on Buress and McCourty on Holmes. Use Chung to blitz like mad and play more in the box to sniff out the screen / dump offs to LT, etc. In essence, use him more like a rover inside the box. Chung's okay in pass coverage, but I think Bodden is better, and Bodden has the size to stick with Keller. The Defensive gameplan is simple really. Limit/stop the Jets run, contain Keller and Holmes and pressure Sancheeze where we can. They secures us a win.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Sounds good.  Exactly what I was thinking.  Nuetralize Kellers speed w/ a db.  Only problem is thats hard to do on 1st down w/out going nickel, so there will some times they will run playaction and probably catch Keller behind the backers, esp. if Spikes gets matched up on him.

Thats why I like the idea of stacking the box. If its a playaction I want a guy in Sanchez' face as soon as he turns around. I also wonder how much Barret/Brown have improved playing the deep middle, cuz if they havent, one see much single high safety as Holmes is still a guy that can burn #32 in the right situation..

Sections
Shortcuts