the favre saga continues!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

Re: the favre saga continues!!!

In Response to Re: the favre saga continues!!!:
    Awesome. Between Favre and Vick, the Pats will be UTR. Under the Radar!!! Just the way i like it.
    Posted by Caesar1177

This is the most hilariously stupid post I've seen on here in months.

Yeah, the teams on the Pats' schedule will be so consumed with Vick and Favre that they'll forget to plan for the games.

Brady is so under the radar making appearances on Entourage and going to clubs with Giselle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Teams need to say no, and Brett needs to put on his Wrangler jeans, put a pinch between his cheek and gum, get on his tractor and drive off into the Mississippi mud never to return......except as a zombie, he would make a great zombie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Favre is smart if he can make millions of dollars for just showing up and throwing INTs. It's the Vikings who are morons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

In Response to Re: the favre saga continues!!! : This is the most hilariously stupid post I've seen on here in months. Yeah, the teams on the Pats' schedule will be so consumed with Vick and Favre that they'll forget to plan for the games. Brady is so under the radar making appearances on Entourage and going to clubs with Giselle.
    Posted by SchwillyPete

I think Caesar meant the ESPN radar, that ain't talking about the Pats which is great 'cause ESPN has nothing good to say about the Pats so let the limelight shine elsewhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Well this seems to have been their plan all along. Farve didnt want to stay in a dorm, and that was his only issue with playing. And the Vikes needed teh media to back off so they agreed that Farve would say he was notr coming out of retirement until after training camp andthen he would join the team. Heck he probally had a playbook this whole time. Its a pain but this was a smart move. It gave them time to focus on their team and it gave Farve the time off he wanted. Farve wont be much better then Rosinfels or however its spelt anyways so this is not a huge deal IMO. But if Farve can make Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice look like the 1st round picks they are sopossed to be then this could be a scarey team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Well this seems to have been their plan all along. Farve didnt want to stay in a dorm, and that was his only issue with playing. And the Vikes needed teh media to back off so they agreed that Farve would say he was notr coming out of retirement until after training camp andthen he would join the team. Heck he probally had a playbook this whole time. Its a pain but this was a smart move. It gave them time to focus on their team and it gave Farve the time off he wanted. Farve wont be much better then Rosinfels or however its spelt anyways so this is not a huge deal IMO. But if Farve can make Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice look like the 1st round picks they are sopossed to be then this could be a scarey team.
    Posted by MVPkilla

Brett is turning into a real prima donna if ya ask me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

How so? As far as I know does the term prima donna reffer to someone who has not yet proved themselves but is acting like a super star? Liek for example Mike Crabtree the rookie for teh 49ers is acting like a prima donna by not signing his rokie contract and asking for way more money then the 10th overall pick is worth. Brett farve on the other hand is a hall of fame QB who can still play so unless I am wrong and if i am please say so but unless i am wrong Brett farve is no prima donna. If anything he does not know how to let it all go. I wouldnt have a problem with him playing one bit if it was not the media circus that it is. The guy can still play so let him play i just wish they would shut up about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Be an interesting game this friday night when Favre goes against Cassell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

I ACTUALLY HAVE HATRED BUILDING IN ME TOWARDS THIS GUY---ENOUGH ALREADY!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

the league is better when Favre is in it.... but i do agree this constant offseason stuff is a bit too much

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: the favre saga continues!!! : I think Caesar meant the ESPN radar, that ain't talking about the Pats which is great 'cause ESPN has nothing good to say about the Pats so let the limelight shine elsewhere.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

Exactly. I don't want to hear ESPN talk about the Pats. At all. Ever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: the favre saga continues!!! : This is the most hilariously stupid post I've seen on here in months. Yeah, the teams on the Pats' schedule will be so consumed with Vick and Favre that they'll forget to plan for the games. Brady is so under the radar making appearances on Entourage and going to clubs with Giselle.
    Posted by SchwillyPete

Um, did you really think that I meant that Peyton would be thinking about Vick so much that he would skip his film session before the Pats game? I'm talking about media attention dude.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If you never watch ESPN then as far as you know they never talk about the Pats. That is what I do and i love it. I have no idea what ESPN has to say about things and thats the way I want it. Sometimes I will read on here or on other web sites about a story or an article but other then that I have no idea what those d bags at BSPN have to say about my team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

If you never watch ESPN then as far as you know they never talk about the Pats. That is what I do and i love it. I have no idea what ESPN has to say about things and thats the way I want it. Sometimes I will read on here or on other web sites about a story or an article but other then that I have no idea what those d bags at BSPN have to say about my team.
    Posted by MVPkilla

Yeah, I agree, but unfortuntely ESPN still has the MNF schedule. I think the Pats are on MNF three times this year. Maybe with Gruden instead of Kornhole those games will be a little more tolerable. I guess I could always turn the radio on, but there is always a bit of a delay.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The secondary definition of prima donna at dictionary.com says:

"A temperamental person; a person who takes adulation and privileged treatment as a right and reacts with petulance to criticism or inconvenience."

If that's not Brett Favre then I need to have my perception checked.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to the favre saga continues!!!:
    geez,wont this go away? http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9922912
    Posted by mosseffect43

He's undead. Someone has to drive a wooden stake through his heart to get rid of him once and for all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Just go back to Mississippi or Louisiana or whatever swampy state you crawled out of Brett. Go craw-dad fishing (or whatever the hell they call them things down there) or buy a freakin shrimp boat or something to occupy yourself! Sheesh. Enough already. JMO.

I always love reading your posts, Laurie! You like to say just what you're thinking, and I just love a woman with an opinion! I don't know if they have crawdads in MS (they're famous in LA), but if he needed some "contact" he could always go wrestle a gator! It seems he's got the ego of TO or Deion Sanders! I agree, he should just S T F U and play. He probably won't last a 16 game season, anyway!

Yeah, the teams on the Pats' schedule will be so consumed with Vick and Favre that they'll forget to plan for the games.

I think he meant under the radar in the media. That wouldn't be so bad. But if they should win their first ten games (that would include a win in Indy), all the 16-0 BS will start again. Better to lose one early (preferably an NFC game) so nobody could make it a distraction.

Well this seems to have been their plan all along.

At the least it was probably Favre's plan all along. Or he was blowing smoke up their a s s when he said he'd have a decision by camp. He knew they'd take him a month later. Maybe they were in on it, too. It would be advantageous for them, so the talk would die down. They could focus on the new guys. Their OC used to coach Favre, so he really doesn't need much to fit in.

How so? As far as I know does the term prima donna reffer to someone who has not yet proved themselves but is acting like a super star?

A prima donna could mean a lot of players, the first that comes to mind is TO. Though they are (or were) good at what they do, they cannot do it if nobody's watching. Much like our troll friends here, they crave attention, good or bad. It's like they are always trying out for some Hollywood part. Deion Sanders was one. Jay Cutler is starting to act like he may be one, too. Brett keeps saying he just loves the game. But with all this "drama" it's looking like he likes the spotlight, too. That's the biggest trait of a prima donna. Everything is a big production!

I ACTUALLY HAVE HATRED BUILDING IN ME TOWARDS THIS GUY---ENOUGH ALREADY!

He's not worth raising your blood pressure over! Chill out, have a cold one, hit the bong, whatever! The best QB in the league is back, that makes 31 other QBs basically irrelevant!!!

the league is better when Favre is in it.... but i do agree this constant offseason stuff is a bit too much

He is entertaining. Even in his decline all those INTs can be comical! And he's a better form of "excitement" than Vick, as he can make some really original plays. Vick just pulls the ball down and heads for the sideline. Plus Brett doesn't electrocute dogs. He just shoots deer!

Exactly. I don't want to hear ESPN talk about the Pats. At all. Ever.

I think that post will get a lot of agreement here!!!

Exactly what I do, too. The only time I've watched channel 206 is when they have the only game on TV. I used to watch Sunday Countdown for the last hour (after NFLN coverage stopped at noon), but that has really gone to s h i t! Now I just come in here and check the board until one!

I think the Pats are on MNF three times this year. Maybe with Gruden instead of Kornhole those games will be a little more tolerable.

Anyone they replace Kornhole with has to be an improvement! I'd rather they had even Chris Collinsworth than that moron! He was a bit funny on his show, but in the booth he blew dead donkey dick!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to the favre saga continues!!! : He's undead. Someone has to drive a wooden stake through his heart to get rid of him once and for all.
    Posted by unclealfie
    you got that right!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

speaking of espn,i was told the entire nfl live was on favre.get real!plus there are people saying that favre will help the vikings get a championship,because he will manage the game.MANAGE THE GAME???since when does favre manage a game?he is a slinger,who will throw 5 int,s to get 0ne,or two td,s.the last i checked the NFL is real big,with a lot of teams,and a lot of players.and being the last day of training camp.you would think that there is a lot of news going around other then favre.after favres first retirement,i gave him a farewell salute,and honered what he has done.two retirements,and three teams later,im over it,and when he retires again,it will be pathetic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

In Response to Re: the favre saga continues!!! : Drama is what sells in this day and age. A consumate professional going about his business in serious fashion is not ratings gold. This is why Pats fans are blessed. You will hear all about Brady when he starts tearing the league apart again -- no need to worry. But media machines and image enhancing are what America is all about. One of the NFL's greatest all-time quarterbacks (according to a lot of people who aren't me) agonizing over the decision to come back and haunt his former team? That's gold, Jerry. Gold. A Jesus freak befriending a soulless torturer of innocent canines in order to sell a bill of goods to Jeffrey Lurie? Box office boffo. It's August. Training camp and the exhibition season are desperately dull. A month from now, Vick will be a suspended memory and Favre will be hurt and no one will care.
    Posted by prairiemike

PM, good stuff.  You should be syndicated.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Packers. Jerks. Patriots.
    Now it's the Vikings turn to get screwed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I have to admit, I was kind of missing the guy. 

I figured he'd be back, but I didn't think it would be until the 2nd week or so.

Now, it really looks like his previous "decision" was simply choreographed to get the media attention out of the Vikings camp aand off his compound. They definitely had a deal put together prior to today and I would say it was settled three weeks ago. There is no way he gets on a jet, flies to Minn., negotiates a contract, takes a physical, has a uniform ready for him and he starts practicing all in the span of 8 hours.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball. Show Jump-ball's posts

It could be an interesting year for the Vikings. Last year their only glaring weakness was the quarterback position. They have the best running game, fair receivers, a great offensive line, and a strong defense.

I thought that if they had an average quarterback they would be dangerous.

The Patriots may see them in the superbowl this year. Of course like every other superbowl they have been in, they will lose.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Imagine the day that Tom Brady retires.  Comes out of retirement and plays a year for the Bengals.  Retires again.  Then comes out of retirement and plays for the Colts. 
    Posted by MarcW1

Not to compare Favre to Brady the best Qb in the game, but imagine if Bob Kraft and a new coach chased Brady off the team after the team stopped having a competetive roster(because untill packers 2007 year thats what happened) What would we say as fans. I hate hearing about the story ALL DAY LONG but I dont blame Favre for that. The bottom line is the guy is still better then both qbs on the vikes roster not to mention better then HALF OF THE QBS IN THE LEAGUE. Im not even a Favre fan but I think that this guy is still a quality football player and if he wants to skip a few weeks of training camp to relax before the grind of the NFL season then let him. I know ill watch a few more vikings games on the ticket then i would have if they didnt sign him and thats what the NFL is all about.

Sections
Shortcuts